AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 8 18.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 16.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 23.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 13.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 9.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-18, 13:52   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Pumpkin Scissors Episode 24 Discussion / Poll [END]

Welcome to the discussion thread for Pumpkin Scissors, Episode 24!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2007-03-20, 07:45   Link #2
ccardoso
Banned

Ok I saw the last episode... it's nice and all but what's the point of this series? Where is the plot? What about the "Silver Wheel" thing? Will there be a second season?
Old 2007-03-20, 07:46   Link #3
Eclipze

Just watched the sub.

For a season finale, it was pretty good. The way the arc concluded was done well, art/animation generally consistant (granted that there wasn't much action scenes in the episode).

The only real problem here is that there wasn't any announcement of a second season, and the fact that the way the series ended was basically telling us that "We have set up the stage, this is where the real thing begins". Thats like beef steak and chocolate milk, and those two don't exactly compliment each other. Not that all hope is lost on a sequel, but if none are planned, then as a series, Pumpkin Scissors has failed to hold its own.

...Considering this is GONZO, who thinks KyoAni will pull another FMP here?
Old 2007-03-20, 08:07   Link #4
rarukyu
umeboshi

i really enjoyed this ep. i hope that they do pull off a second season because there seems to be some holes that need to be filled up.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-20, 10:13   Link #5
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Good wrapup of the arc, but not of the series. There better be a 2nd season in the making for the real story.
Old 2007-03-20, 10:53   Link #6
Lord Stone

A agree... this series just isn't finished... in fact, it's only set a premise and needs at least another season to be finished... I just hope that second season will come... and hopefully it won't be too long of a wait because I really, really want to know how this story is going to resolve.
Old 2007-03-20, 11:34   Link #7
ThoHell

That just wasn't what I can call an ending. No major development, and it just revealed more vilians. That ending was to....blah..... Maybe they're going to make a followup/ #2 or something? I agree it's just not finish, it's just starting to set up the main arena for the main event.
Old 2007-03-20, 12:17   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
what an end haha...actually no i wont call it an end cause its just blatantly obvious that a season 2 is already in the planning...
there are just too many unresolved things to take care of and we have yet to see a relationship between orland and alice...so i refuse to say its the end...more of a break :3

and this ep was pretty smooth...and im pretty shocked about the silver organisation...clones?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-03-20, 12:44   Link #9
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
there's definately a 2nd season IMO :3

me want more ATT action from Oland
Old 2007-03-20, 14:33   Link #10
Commissar
Thought Policeman

Definitely not an ending and barely a beginning. If there is no second season, then this season was rather pointless. Nothing was really resolved and only more questions remain. The most obvious questions are:

1) How in the hell does a person with direct knowledge and participation in a supposedly highly covert, black-ops unit (901 ATT) allowed to just walk around in public with no restrictions? What's the purpose of his being "allowed" to operate unsupervised by his former handlers?

2) What's the point or goal of the Silver Wheel secret group other than being scary and cryptic?

3) The War. I realize that it doesn't have direct relation with the story since the main group of characters are focused on post-war operations, but it would be great to know about the two countries in detail, who started the war, and what was the ultimate goal that both sides were fighting for so intensely. In addition, knowing more about Orland's past and activities in 901 ATT would help to flesh out his character. They could have done either one of these things instead of filler episodes and spared us of that horrific singing of Stekkin.

Pumpkin Scissors was not the best anime I've ever seen, but it certainly wasn't the worst. It just left way too many holes in the plot without attempting to even resolve a single thing. Without a second season, this series has little merit.

Last edited by Commissar; 2007-03-20 at 16:09.
Old 2007-03-20, 18:25   Link #11
Sogoro
Desu

I can't believe there won't be another season. I do like the ending to this season. And theres so much potential for building up and concluding this story. I bet this could go 1 or 2 more seasons with the way this season went.
Old 2007-03-20, 19:42   Link #12
rarukyu
umeboshi

here's hoping for another season! certainly there should be more of a develpment between alice oland. anyways..haha want to see more of that oland gun kicking ass ...i mean tanks, kicking tanks! :P that's one biiig ass gun! what was the name of his gun again? heaven's doors or something?
Old 2007-03-20, 20:29   Link #13
The-Ghost
anime lurker

doorknocker i beleive
Old 2007-03-20, 22:24   Link #14
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Soldiers-Commoners-Nobles

It was a solid conclusion for the arc, but not for the overall storyline.

There are lots of plot holes and unresolved issues left to be explored.

What role does the Silver Wheel plays in relation to the structure of the Empire's politics? and what exactly are the Invisible 9? are those two among the major set of mysteries that can only be properly followed to, if the staff gives green lights for a second season.

In fact, the conclusion feels a lot to that of Full Metal Panic season one, except that they ended the arc with a big fanfare to teach us about the bright path that lies at the end of the dark tunnel.

I almost lost respect for the newly acquired empathy for Marquis Paul when he started to plead for his life, if it wasn't that the other nobles also stepped in and deeply apologized that their selfishness and opulence contributed to the misery and distress of the commoners.

I do feel like crying with happiness, because almost everyone at the ballroom learned the lesson. People grow stronger when standing united and to make that possible each one of us and them should be able to get closer and learn from themselves and neighbors so as to clear dangerous stereotypes and prejudices that will definitely cloud everyone's judgement.

I do feel full and satisfied that the lesson was learned through an emotional but equally painful sacrifice for everyone to understand the humanity from each of the others.
I am from the side who believes that valuable rewards and enriching experiences that lead to happiness are only achieved by testing our will and resolve through hardships and painful obstacles, that at first seem debilitating and taxing but once we conquer them and look back, one gets amazed at how much progress we have made very far.

In that manner we mature our minds and grow-up our attitudes to reflect upon every little picture around the issues that affect society, our neighbors, and us.

Too bad for Alice, but Oland makes a point that she is selfish on administering fair judgement all by herself and not having the thought to allow her comrades also to step in and share the task of justice-making.
I am very thrilled that Oreld and Machs grew a spine against her and stopped her, since technically she was off duty, and also they have written warranty from Hunks that bestowed them charge to deal with the matter.

This is to remark that Alices' principles on fair equality and justice also apply to her as well, and that she is not immune if she also goes off-limits in her crusade for justice.

Alice is so sweet when after drinking one sip of alcohol it knocks her out cold.

I do not understand why was necessary for the masked men to retrieve the corpse of the crowd's leader?

I think it was a disappointment for the Silver Wheel that blood was no shed at the ballroom when Marquis Hoost and Lionel came with all the trouble to setup the stage for the massacre.

Only thing is certain that Lionel is a bastard psycho with an unstable mentality hidden inside the thick layer of a pumpkin. The guy aside from his utterly-annoying speeches (equally as worse as Kazuya's orgasmic poetry) has several loose cords on his brain.

Why is it that Miki Shinichiro has a tendency to voice some characters that either suffered a hell of a childhood or a plainly unstable? Whatever it is does not matter because the man's voice exerts such a power to make the characters he plays either disturbing, threatening, shocking, or creepy.
Old 2007-03-21, 02:22   Link #15
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ok, ignoring the fact that that's supposed to be an ending, that wasn't a bad episode. The scene where whathisface broke down and apologized was actually quite dramatic and while the scene after where all the noble's followed was a tad trite if you want to be nitpicky, it was a fitting way to end... the arc.

Obviously, what this series needs to remedy most of its flaws is a second season, but I'm not going to be optimistic about that at all. As far as I'm concerned, until there's an official announcement, I won't believe that there's a second season.
Old 2007-03-21, 10:09   Link #16
KoroshiyaX
X

There are only 5-6 Manga volumes out. There probably is not enough manga material to produce more anime yet.

We will need to wait patiently until more manga comes out, and a second season would also largely depend on the success and revenue of the first. If someone could check how PS did in Japan that would be cool
Old 2007-03-21, 13:51   Link #17
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Can some one please explain me the point of this whole series...it is so full of loop holes all over the place...Moreover...i dont see the point any more. Firstly this a series that can be finished in one season...most of the epidsoes in between were pretty useless honestly...

At the end of the day..the last development seemed to easy...i really never got the point of it. I have been following this series because of the promising start..but have been really dissapointed
Old 2007-03-21, 14:55   Link #18
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ and thats where season 2 comes in to clear all the questions...obviously here the "silver organisation" are the evil guys...so i guess taking them out of the picture is the only way for the story to end...(methinks they are the ones stirring up shit to keep the cold war going for as long as the next war breaks out ~ so killing them would mean real peace)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-03-21, 17:27   Link #19
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
For what it was the final episode was ok. I never expected much from the series but it kept me entertained and for the most part i enjoyed it. The ending so blatantly screams sequel it funny. I couldnt give it a very high rating because i found the episode very boring. True it was nice to see the nobles learn the error of their ways and apologize to the commoners. Now the nobles know what it feels like till they go back to their castles eat their nice food and do the mundane things that nobles do and forget all about it.

Im hoping season 2 gets more serious and we get down to some serious ass kicking. Alice and Orland kept me very interested in the series and i want to see how they end. the chemistry is there lets see if they bring it out more next season.
Old 2007-03-21, 20:46   Link #20
0rphen21
^.^

if this series was compared to a meal what we saw was just the appetizer i just hope the main course(second season) will not take too long

its really funny how overprotective the second to the eldest sister is
Closed Thread