AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-25, 19:07   Link #141
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Just watched an episode of imagine-nation which focused on BTOOOM! and I was quite surprised that the Series Director, Kotono Watanabe, is a woman only in her 20s. She looks really timid too, a meganekko that fiddles her fingers and scrunches the seams of her blouse as she was interviewed. However, she stated that she liked to produce the overly dramatic emotions brought by an unstable mind, and one of her inspirations is the Japanese movie "The Black House".

Also, BTOOOM!, according to the mangaka himself, is inspired by Bomberman.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 19:27   Link #142
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Just watched an episode of imagine-nation which focused on BTOOOM! and I was quite surprised that the Series Director, Kotono Watanabe, is a woman only in her 20s. She looks really timid too, a meganekko that fiddles her fingers and scrunches the seams of her blouse as she was interviewed. However, she stated that she liked to produce the overly dramatic emotions brought by an unstable mind, and one of her inspirations is the Japanese movie "The Black House".

Also, BTOOOM!, according to the mangaka himself, is inspired by Bomberman.
Didn't watch what you were talking about but I had seen her in this (she appears at around 7 minutes)

I knew she was a young woman so that didn't surprise me but indeed she looks quite reservedwhich seems odd for someone who's going to direct btooom! but looking at the trailers it seems she's doing a good job.
Old 2012-09-25, 19:59   Link #143
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Well, she liked "The Black House", which is a psychological thriller. She doesn't look like someone who does, though.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 13:55   Link #144
LKK

Sentai announced that it has streaming and home video licenses for the show. No word yet on when the streaming will begin. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 01:24   Link #145
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Spoiler for ep 1:

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 02:09   Link #146
leokiko

Spoiler for 1:
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 02:29   Link #147
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
What about ep2? It was streamed too
I liked OP very much and overall adaptation is not bad (though they've decided to put flashback about Himiko from vol.5 into the 2 ep but I can't call that a bad decision). Now I've got to wait for the 3rd episode...

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-30 at 04:17. Reason: This is not allowed here!
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 03:40   Link #148
leokiko

^lol didn't watch episode 2 because I want to wait for the actual show first. Waiting 2 weeks is tough.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:10   Link #149
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episodes 1 + 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:52   Link #150
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Haven't had a chance to watch the episode subbed yet, but I really like the visual sequence for the OP. It matches a lot of what I had in mind (and some of the composition was similar to what was in that fan music video, which I also really liked), so I'm pleased.
Old 2012-09-30, 12:57   Link #151
Key Board
Carbon

Oh great, a hikkikomori main character

that rarely ends well

they either:

1) self destruct and kill themselves
2) suicide by cop / stranger
3) end up killing their parents (which seems what could have happened in Btooom before he was sent to this island)

I can think of only one hikki character who didn't become completely miserable in the end: Sato from NHK. But he didn't exactly get a happy ending either.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 20:28   Link #152
Battler-kun

Dude, what are you talking about?

The main character is the contrary of a loser.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 23:01   Link #153
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

The main character isn't a hikkikomori, he is NEET and MMO addict. You should learn the difference between hikkikomori and NEET.
Old 2012-09-30, 23:37   Link #154
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Oh great, a hikkikomori main character

that rarely ends well

they either:

1) self destruct and kill themselves
2) suicide by cop / stranger
3) end up killing their parents (which seems what could have happened in Btooom before he was sent to this island)

I can think of only one hikki character who didn't become completely miserable in the end: Sato from NHK. But he didn't exactly get a happy ending either.
Chaos;Head....

Actually I can't think of much hikkiko characters that end up in any of the three you mentioned.

Which is irrelevant here anyway since the main guy is not a hikkiko
Old 2012-10-01, 10:24   Link #155
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
The main character isn't a hikkikomori, he is NEET and MMO addict. You should learn the difference between hikkikomori and NEET.
Ok.

What's the difference?

They're both shut ins that refuse to go to school, refuse to get jobs, and keep on leeching on their parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Dude, what are you talking about?

The main character is the contrary of a loser.
He's either a NEET or a hikkikomori.

If that's not a definition of a loser, I don't know what is.

And look how violent he is towards his mother. These are the kind of things that leads to people like him eventually murdering their parents.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-10-01, 10:32   Link #156
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

He doesn't have problems with interacting with people or going out of the house - and you're calling him a shut-in?
Old 2012-10-01, 10:41   Link #157
Key Board
Carbon

what?

I see no indication that he wants to get out of that house. That's why he was so angry when his mother question him.

and having online friends is different from socializing in real life

someone who does 24 hour boss raids with his WoW online buddies is still a shut in
Old 2012-10-01, 22:50   Link #158
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

He's been trying to get job at the BTOOM developer, and tbh, he actually has a decent chance at it.
A true hikki won't even go to the interview, or pursue that career.

At best, he's just a delusional NEET who refuses to compromise.

Anyways,
Spoiler for episode two:
Old 2012-10-01, 23:55   Link #159
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Spoiler for episode two:
Well they even added the one that didn't exist in the original manga
Old 2012-10-02, 01:26   Link #160
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Ok.

What's the difference?

They're both shut ins that refuse to go to school, refuse to get jobs, and keep on leeching on their parents

He's either a NEET or a hikkikomori.

If that's not a definition of a loser, I don't know what is.

And look how violent he is towards his mother. These are the kind of things that leads to people like him eventually murdering their parents.
Oh? And the mother's response to him is somehow excuseable? I wonder who's the one attempting murder here

Refuse to get jobs....you miss out the parts where he actually tried to work for that game company then? He does what he's good at and attempts to get a job in it even if he doesn't succeed. That is your definition of a loser? I see...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-10-02 at 01:43.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen