AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-13, 10:42   Link #1301
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That, or she talked about Shioon's mother to avoid talking about Saehee.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 11:01   Link #1302
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Saehee has been the butt end of all sorts of trouble since the beginning, it only makes sense that it's his mother's turn

The whole "Don't worry she's fine, she's doing great, blah blah blah" constant reassuring of someone being "great" could only mean the opposite.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 11:08   Link #1303
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That, or she talked about Shioon's mother to avoid talking about Saehee.
well it could be chang-ho doing what he wanted to do to Saehe previously... kinda group (skull) rape on her... to the point its hard to tell what her condition is... kinda broken completly... her mind after this trauma...

if its chang-ho doing on her than he is dead... shioon wont play nice with him and will just kill him

but I doubt its saehee... becouse it would cross out every other pairing for shioon... like shioon will feel responsible for what they did to her and will do revange for her sake.... and at the end will sit near her like a watch dog... soo both Sera or Jinee wont stand a chance to a worried Shioon over Saehee... and that would kinda made fan base mad xD

its more interesting to see both Sosul and Jinee... complaining about "how nice it is for shioon to have a girlfriend" XD

and if his mother dies... than jinee will be there to comfort him...and stay by his side...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 11:37   Link #1304
gameboy234

U guys are great.. I couldn't recognize the old lady.

Looks like his mum is in hospital..

Wonder what the old lady is doing to shioon..
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 12:32   Link #1305
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

All this talk about Shioon going beserk if Sae Hee was raped or his mother beat up..it would actually make it more interesting if he falls down the path of darkness for a while, following in the footsteps of GMR.

All that aside, I think New Waves is gonna end with Shioon meeting GMR either as friends or foes.
Old 2011-08-13, 13:03   Link #1306
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Is Saehee really his girlfriend? Shioon never corrects this when people call her that.
Old 2011-08-13, 13:05   Link #1307
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Is Saehee really his girlfriend? Shioon never corrects this when people call her that.
I thought it was mentioned somewhere by translations but a lot of times they aren't referring to girlfriend in a romantic way? Maybe I'm misremembering though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 14:16   Link #1308
zibi88

well what Shioon has on his mind is simply... he sees Saehee as good friend... she is a girl so for him is a "girl friend" while others misunderstand that and think of the "girl friend" as "girlfriend" in a romantic way as a couple ^^

that seriously coused lots of misunderstanding with sosul and jinee ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 15:04   Link #1309
Key Board
Carbon

No, classmate is not officially his girlfriend per say

But He's not a Japanese main character
That means he doesn't feel the need to feel to over-react and correct Sera

maybe..
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 15:11   Link #1310
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
By traditional tools of the trade I intended to say drawing tools - pencils, paper, ink, etc. - for professional manwha authors...obviously not the little, cheap A4 stencils you can find in any supermarket or whatever, but the real, high-quality materiel for full-time artists. But now that everyone's going the digital way the old dead-tree stuff's flying out of the window along with the other "more traditional tools".

And obviously he isn't using the "draw on paper first, scan it later" approach - he's directly doing it on tablet.
Well.. I'll take your word since I have no way confirming how he does things

But from what I know, the way it with Japanese manga authors is they always storyboard their chapter on paper first. There's actually several things going on before an image is finalized. Not to mention the revisions they will go through with their editor before finalizing things. Going straight to tablet is just asking for trouble.

And not just manga authors.. animation does it this way too. Story boarding always goes on paper first.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 18:56   Link #1311
blade82

What about Shioon's father? is he dead?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 19:19   Link #1312
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
What about Shioon's father? is he dead?
I can't remember him ever being mentioned offhand. Which means he'll probably turn out to have been some high level murim that had a one night stand with his mom.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 19:32   Link #1313
Johnny
Working the bags...

^Probably GooMoonRyong's master...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 21:36   Link #1314
Xaturas

Frankly it would be cool.
He made shion with his mother, then he was exiled to that cave so he had to leave them alone. Thats why shion don't remember him cause he was small when he was exiled to live in that cave.

Even timetables would work.
Gomm is in his 30 or so, so it would work that when he (shion father) trained him shion was like 1-10.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 06:49   Link #1315
DarkLordOfkichiku

The cover for chapter 40 is up at the artist blog:

http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio/100135554974
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 04:03   Link #1316
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ch.40 from DAUM:

Old 2011-08-19, 05:12   Link #1317
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Look like, an interesting battle....
However all girls in this manga are hot...
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 06:36   Link #1318
Khalil

A-Team was fastest this week.
Poor Shioon, now he even has to endure being massaged by two hot, female murim-in.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 06:56   Link #1319
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
Poor Shioon, now he even has to endure being massaged by two hot, female murim-in.
Ah, the perils/burdens of the chaste hero, indeed...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 06:56   Link #1320
Miles Teg

So now we know why Sera's master has accepted to train Shiion, she wants to stop the bad blood between the Murin and GMR.

We also know what the SUC has done to Yoo Ji-Gun, he has been falsely accused and kicked of his school as a result, enough reason to want to take down the SUC.

And a very good line from Smiling blade about the SUC : "Like I tough. Every single one of you belongs at a mental institution, rather than in prison"
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves