AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-05, 09:09   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 560 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Ah, it's always nice to have early spoilers. Sumary time:

-Chapter title is "Prisoners of Impel Down". Zoro's ministory mentions something about a shadow crouching nearby. I guess him and Perona aren't alone on the island, then....?

-Hancock whispers to Luffy that she's glad he arrived, and gives him the keys for Ace's handcuffs. Luffy hugs her in gratitude, which pretty much causes her to spazz out. Smoker of course tries to stop Luffy, but Hancock turns his jutte into stone with her DF power, and it breaks apart.

-Buggy seems to be hatching up some crazy plan with Mr. 3 and his followers. Meanwhile back to Iva vs. Kuma, Doflamingo explains how Kuma was gradually converted into a Pacifista, starting with his limbs, and recently his head was just completed (which confirms the theory that he's indeed a complete cyborg now). Iva is saddened that Kuma is now a mindless killing machine, but gets angry when he sees his former comrade attacking some of the other ID prisoners. Iva says that he's prepared to go all-out against him now......

-Cut to Crocodile and Daz, who've been seperated from Luffy and co. Naturally Crocoboy still intends to take Whitebeard's head, and blows away some pirates who try to stop him. However, Jozu appears and manages to get in a good hit on the sandman (Croc says that Jozu is surprisingly fast despite his size, so I don't think this has anything to do with Haki). Jozu gets ready to attack again, but gets stopped by Doflamingo, who was nearby. He mocks Crocodile, who gets pissed and threatens to kill him, but Doflamingo has a different suggestion: Joining forces with him. It seems like the both of them will fight Jozu......

-Mihawk is now the one to stop Luffy in his tracks. Apparently, he's itching for a fight against the supernova rookie(!!!).......

Holy crap, this chapter sounds epic! There's a LOT going on here, going by the summary. Still, the idea of Mihawk of all people wanting to fight Luffy is..... damn. The possibility of a Croc/Doflamingo tag team vs. Jozu sounds pretty crazy, too. Also, the impending battle between Iva and Kuma reminds me of what I said in the last chapter thread about wanting to see the true power of Okama Kenpo. Still too bad we didn't get any update on Jinbei vs. Moria, though. I guess there's just too much chaos going on to keep track of everything in a single chapter!

But I think I'm most looking forward to whatever plan Buggy is concocting with his prison crew (and unfortunately, I'm probably the only one who's interested). Well, pics should be out in a couple of days, methinks.....

Oh, and there's no chapter next week. Just lettin' you guys know now.
Old 2009-10-05, 09:46   Link #2
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

no u are not alone pal... I'm here waiting for the clown show....

He did manage to convert the buggy ball in to a small device in ID...
hell yea it woul be awsome if he can manage to upgrade it in to something big....

well the marine need to worry about the clown from now on.....

seem to be nice chapter...can't wait for the full sumary...
Old 2009-10-05, 09:47   Link #3
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Instead of Buggy's bombs, I really want to see more of his henshins and gattais.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-10-05, 10:38   Link #4
Prestige

Sounds about great chapter with lot of happening, good going....

Well as we speculated Barthamelow Kuma has now ceased to exist as human and only mindless Kuma-bot is left... well I hope Iva can bring that thing down but if Kumabot uses his DF like Kuma used in Thriller Bark then I dont count much on Ivas victory...

Ooh Luffy hugs Hancock ... Naturally Hancock goes in ecstacy and actually falls down, Marines actually say that Luffy breaked her back! I think Hancock might be able to keep her Schichibukai status if she survives this. But I am really warming up for Hancock-sama...

Joz-Crocodile-Donflamingo... this is an high-explosive combination that I dare not to speculate until chapter arrive...

Luffy vs Mihawk... I never never never never never could have expected this... I had to read that line in spoilers for couple of times before I could understand it...

I dont think Luffy and Mihawk will go all out or atleast someone will interfene, Luffy is strong but he is no match for swordsmen and specially if swordman is caliber like Mihawk... I wonder who will come to interfene...
Old 2009-10-05, 10:39   Link #5
andy

Man it was funny the marines thinking luffy beat boa with a bear hug.
Croc/don vs jozu sounds awesome .
For mihawk and luffy i think they start fighting but luffy has to get save or mihawk just test him for a while.
Old 2009-10-05, 10:52   Link #6
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Instead of Buggy's bombs, I really want to see more of his henshins and gattais.

Oh, you mean something like that "Docking" bit from Thriller Bark, right? (Shame we didn't see the complete version of that....) Yeah, that would be awesome, though I rather like the idea of Buggy making some super-bomb that can potentially nuke Marineford, too.

By the way, I know that there's undoubtedly going to be confusion about how Hancock acquired the keys to Ace's shackles, but I think I can make a guess here: She probably managed to swipe them as soon as she arrived at Marineford from Impel Down (after all, she's been there about a whole day before Luffy arrived, so she probably had plenty of opportunities). If that's the case, then she was either waiting to hand Luffy the keys from the beginning or had planned to rescue Ace herself if he couldn't make it. Either way, that ain't gonna fly too well with the marines.....

Now, as far as Luffy vs. Mihawk goes, I honestly think Luffy has less of a chance against Mihawk then he did against Smoker. Still, ol' Hawk Eyes seemed pretty interested in fighting him (he apparently makes some comment about Shanks when they face off), so maybe he considers Luffy to be a warm-up to his inevitable confrontation with Zoro.....?
Old 2009-10-05, 10:54   Link #7
james0246

Buggy's gonna blow everything up!

Damn, what a spoiler, and (eventually) what a chapter. Hancock takes care of the one thing we know of that gives Smoker offensive capabilities; Iva is gonna get serious (come on, prove that the Revolutionaries aren't jokes); Crocodile is going to join DoFlamingo (who's whoring himself out to everyone it seems) to fight Jozu; and finally Mihawk is going to play with Luffy (who's going to save him this time ). What beautiful chaos.

This more than makes up for the fact that there will be no One Piece next week...
Old 2009-10-05, 11:07   Link #8
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Crocodile is going to join DoFlamingo (who's whoring himself out to everyone it seems) to fight Jozu;

That reminds me: Whatever happened to that commander that Doflamingo was messing around with before Luffy arrived? Y'know, that water buffalo guy? Eh, I guess it's just like I said before about there being too much chaos to keep up with. Either way, the prospect of two of OP's biggest pimps joining forces can be pretty much summed up in one word: Orgasmic.
Old 2009-10-05, 11:08   Link #9
SMASHERJACKSON

good chapter cant wait for full trans/scans, buggy is increasingly becoming the gollum of one piece.
Old 2009-10-05, 11:20   Link #10
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Luffy vs. Mihawk just doesn't sound right to me. I'll reserve judgement until the spoilers are confirmed, but I hope that part is fake.
Old 2009-10-05, 11:21   Link #11
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, you mean something like that "Docking" bit from Thriller Bark, right? (Shame we didn't see the complete version of that....) Yeah, that would be awesome, though I rather like the idea of Buggy making some super-bomb that can potentially nuke Marineford, too.
Yea, gattai is docking. Buggy is basically a super robot in disguise, in his ministory, he had his gattai sequence that homages old school super robots.

And henshin refers to transforming, like how he transformed into a car back in Logtown. I want to see more transformations lol, maybe he can transform into a tank or artillery to fire some Buggy Shells.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-10-05, 11:58   Link #12
marvelB

Oh, I already knew what both terms meant. Heh, I wonder what Buggy Docking would be called, though? Super Big Top Emperor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Luffy vs. Mihawk just doesn't sound right to me. I'll reserve judgement until the spoilers are confirmed, but I hope that part is fake.

The summary was already confirmed to be legit. But yeah, things always become clearer once the pics come out.....
Old 2009-10-05, 12:27   Link #13
tsunade666

How about super red nose cannon

I like the spoilers except the part about mihawk vs luffy. Its just doesn't fit to the idea. I mean mihawk is supposed to be zoro aim. And luffy fighting him. Maybe it will not be a serious fight or it will be halted. Because I can't see any merit their for the story except its good to be godly awesome but I wish too see mihawk ownage when he fights zoro.

As for luffy embracing hancock............... drooling........................... is smoker not dead yet? he supposed to be with a SUPER charge hancock.

Donflamingo and Crocoboy joining up to beat the 3rd commander will be awesome. 2 wackos vs a giant diamond. But it just proves how strong a commander of white beard is. For 2 warlord to even try to mess up with one. And the 1st commander is in par with an admiral.

Maybe Teach is right for ace being near legendary/ I mean the commarnders are near legendary levels.
Old 2009-10-05, 12:32   Link #14
Blaine

Little early for a confirmed spoiler isnt it?

Luffy vs Mihawk doesnt sound right :/
Old 2009-10-05, 12:34   Link #15
kakakka

Luffy vs. Mihawk won't get a full coverage, that's what I think.

Doflamingo and Crocodile teaming up is one of the things to look forward to, aside from Luffy hugging Hancock.
Old 2009-10-05, 12:36   Link #16
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Little early for a confirmed spoiler isnt it?

Luffy vs Mihawk doesnt sound right :/
Mihawk probly wants to test Luffys strenght but has no real intention to kill him...

But cant say what happens...You just can't predict what Oda does...
Old 2009-10-05, 12:47   Link #17
marvelB

I highly doubt those two will have a prolonged fight. Most likely Luffy will have a short scuffle with Mihawk similar to the one he had with Blackbeard at Impel Down before someone else takes over for him (probably Marco, seeing as Whitebeard ordered him to protect Luffy in the first place, yet for some reason didn't lift a finger when Smoker was about to rape him with his seastone weapon....).
Old 2009-10-05, 12:48   Link #18
kakakka

Quote:
Marco, ...yet for some reason didn't lift a finger when Smoker was about to rape him (Luffy) with his seastone weapon....
But then there was Hancock to the rescue
Old 2009-10-05, 12:54   Link #19
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
But then there was Hancock to the rescue
Yes, and you really cant complain about those turn of events
Old 2009-10-05, 13:03   Link #20
marvelB

I know Hancock was the one to save Luffy and all, but..... I dunno, I guess I just don't think that should be an excuse for Marco to neglect his responsibility. Also, if he takes on Mihawk then we may finally get a chance to see his real fighting style (I recall there being a lot of speculation in the past about Marco being a swordsman). Let's hope he gets his rear in gear the next time Luffy is in danger, yeah?
Closed Thread