Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-01-07, 16:28   Link #1
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Rationalizing Sister Princess

Yes. Let us try to rationalize how one guy could have twelve sisters, some of seemingly same age. And with many different attributes. So what is this? Mom and dad were like sex-starved bunnies? They're all test tube babies with a sprinkling of genetic engineering on the side? They're not really his sisters? (which I kinda doubt for this and that) So, everyone. Let's have at this strange conundrum of anime.

Note: "Dude, it's anime" is NOT a valid answer!
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 16:42   Link #2
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Yes. Let us try to rationalize how one guy could have twelve sisters, some of seemingly same age. And with many different attributes. So what is this? Mom and dad were like sex-starved bunnies? They're all test tube babies with a sprinkling of genetic engineering on the side? They're not really his sisters? (which I kinda doubt for this and that) So, everyone. Let's have at this strange conundrum of anime.

Assuming they're all actually his sisters, I would say different mothers for some of them would work quite well. If they don't have to be actual blood relatives, then adoption also works. They'd still be his sisters, but it avoids other issues.

Beyond that, remember these 5 words, "It's best not to ask..."
Old 2006-01-07, 18:41   Link #3
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind

It's pretty obvious that they are not ALL blood related, if they were you'd think that the sisters would have much more in common than they do, three are from Britain, France, and Germany, one is rather frail while another is quite athletic, one is clumsy and another is a sorcerer...and so on
mikemil828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 18:47   Link #4
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Let us try to rationalize how one guy could have twelve sisters, some of seemingly same age.
Sorry, you are late to the game. For example, the series was taken off air in Taiwan due to the concern of the parents a few years ago. You know, the "incestuous" element of the story.

What is there to rationalize, their father is fertile? :/

But there is one thing everyone agrees, and that is season 1 is absolute crap. There is no story; it is just a massive fan-baiting merchandise. S2 (Repure) is much better,
Old 2006-01-07, 19:51   Link #5
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Really? I'm impressed. I thought season 2 blew goats and season 1 was ok (watchable, nothing spectacular but likable characters, particularly Yotsuba ).

And I'm surprised about it being taken off-air. There's nothing that bad about it (apart from Chikage because all occult is fooking stupid and dangerous, and no I'm not religous in any way). Hell, Da Capo could be considered more borderline than SisPris considering Nemu's rather worrying 'onii-chan' fetish.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 00:59   Link #6
dfens

As I recall all of them where his real sisters except one which was a spy sent by his best friend. Which didn't make sense since most of them obviously weren't blood related unless their half siblings etc. And even if all where related some of them wanted a incest realtionship with him which is dumb and plain disgusting.

I know in animes weird hair colors/stlyes, eyes, etc. exist to differentiate each character when their is a lot of them to remember. But you could tell some were different nationalalities.

Still the whole series sucked one of the only animes I fellow asleep serveral times while watching. I want the hours spent wathcing this back. Man was it so boring same predictiable crap over and over with no real plot or story.

Anyone reading this do not watch or buy it thank god I got to borrow it if I paid for it I would shoot myself.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 01:40   Link #7
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:

I'm one of the very few people here who actually liked this series. Anyway's I too question whether they were all actually his sisters. My guess there probably not, but quite possibly step sisters or they were adopted into his family. This is a type of show were the story isn't important at all but focuses more on the characters and how they react with each other. So don't think too hard about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Hell, Da Capo could be considered more borderline than SisPris considering Nemu's rather worrying 'onii-chan' fetish.
Uh...The characters you are referring to aren't blood related by any means. So I really don't see a problem with them having that kind of relationship. Now the Sakura/Asakura relationship is another story considering their actually blood cousins.
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 02:48   Link #8
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
I'm one of the very few people here who actually liked this series. Anyway's I too question whether they were all actually his sisters. My guess there probably not, but quite possibly step sisters or they were adopted into his family. This is a type of show were the story isn't important at all but focuses more on the characters and how they react with each other. So don't think too hard about it.
Hmm, I liked the series too. But then again, I'm the really, really tolerant type.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 03:15   Link #9
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'm a RePure fan. I class it as a slice-of-life one, actually. Didn't care much for the first series.

Anyhow, I always imagined Wataru's dad as some guy with a 5ft long invisible wang and hair covering his eyes. In short, he's the main character of a hentai series. Hence all the daughters from all over the world!

Seriously tho, I just always assumed his dad was a player. Tho there's always the fear that Grandpa was a player too, resulting in Dad having the current generation of daughters with his half-sisters. Wataru would do the same and wash rinse repeat until they all grew tails and pig snouts
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 03:54   Link #10
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

I believe this has been noted already, but Sister Princess is full of plotholes and unexplanable situations. It's anime after all ^^~

The sisters are in fact not blood related. Rather they are connected to Wataru during his childhood at Promised Island. Wataru has met each girl in the past (conveniently forgotten, of course) and forged close relationships with them.

The girls call him "brother", but not in the actual meaning most people see as. "Brother" can also mean someone they are very close to, moreso then friendship but not quite blood relatives. A very fragile state emotionally.

I really recommend watching Sister Princess Repure, or at least just the latter half of the episode. Why? Because the second part of each episode is dedicated to only one girl, her past, and her connection with her "brother". Each story is very charming and beautifully done. The animation is on a par with OVA's and music done by none other then Ritsuko Okazaki (Furuba fame).
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 06:28   Link #11
Dreamgazer_X
Drago's Twin

Send a message via AIM to Dreamgazer_X Send a message via MSN to Dreamgazer_X
I got no life.

The true story behind the sisters can be easily determined through careful examination of crucial facts and settings about the story.

The 12 sisters are really succubus

Evidences:
1. Population
It is observed in both the original tv series and repure that the island of which the cast live on (for simplicity, it shall be refered as Island X from here on), is heavily populated and supported by a bunch senile old men. While for one reason or another...there is not a single *living* old lady to be found...anywhere. Even if Island X doesn't hold true to the general statistical model of women having higher longevity than men in a normal population, shouldn't there be at least 1 woman to be found on the island? This can only mean 2 things. Either certain events on Island X has caused the older female population to leave, or they have all died or dissapeared due to potentially unnatural causes.

Additionally, these old men seem to be the major economical and financial support of the island, as the run the business, navigate the ships, wash the oilets, etc. At the age where they should be retired and resting, they are being treated around like human slaves.

Now, you may be wondering about the few young male and females we have seen around town here and there. However, can you really be sure they're even humans?. Though out the series we can observe that they have no social interaction with any of the cast members, and doesn't seem to do anything but just walk around town! Can you really believe no girls would talk to wataru, or no boys seem to ask any of the supposedly "extremely cute and lovely" 12 sisters out? Either they're some sort of mindless drones, or they know something more about the 12 sisters that they're not telling us...

2. The Island.
The first thing we observe about the island immediately is the giant spining statue of some naked idol carved out of either gold or some other shiny material placed in the center of the island. This idol appears no way to be human, and certainly dress and pose in a way that appears almost sinister and immoral.
When combined with the fact that Island X seems to be prefectly open to practices of witchcraft, spying, solicitating, implicit incest, and totally different moral, social values to city life; we can most likely conclude that there is a high potentiality that the island is the HQ/worshiping place of some satanic cult!. This also perfectly explain the oddball weather conditions, and how it seems to have little to no contact with the outside world.

3. The Sisters.
From the first moment we are introduced to the sisters, the viewers are immediately aware of a number of oddities that doesn't seem fit. The most immediate oddity, is the fact that it seems hardly possible that all of these 12 different girls are related to Wataru. Second, all the sisters seem to have some sort of memory of their big brother, but wataru had none? I can accept this as the case if there was one sister, but he has 12! Either he had some major case of amnesia, or they're just lieing. Third, with little or no contact with their parents...how have the sisters been living and affording to live in such a big mansion and keep up with causing major damage with witchcraft and psycho inventions?

(blah blah blah, too lazy to type bs anymore...if I feel bored I might edit more)

CONCLUSION
When you put these evidence together, we can conclude the following:
The 12 sisters are really some devil worshiping succubus who have resided on the island, tricking young foolish men from the outside world into living with them. By doing so, they maintaine their eternal youth by sucking away their soul energy, and turn them into old senile human work slaves to labor/financailly support their never ending scheme. Their plan is perfected by killing off all human woman who approaches or reside on the island, and lure away the men's focus through their beauty and charm. They then give birth to future generation of succubus children/mindless dones to finalize their plan for world domination.

Last edited by Dreamgazer_X; 2006-01-08 at 11:22.
Dreamgazer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 07:21   Link #12
DaFool
Resident devil

I didn't finish Season 1, but Season 2 was worth it for me because of the OVA quality animation and string instrument background music. I couldn't tell if the directing was poetic or just bullshitting me, but at least it looked good enough for me to finish.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 09:53   Link #13
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Uh...The characters you are referring to aren't blood related by any means. So I really don't see a problem with them having that kind of relationship. Now the Sakura/Asakura relationship is another story considering their actually blood cousins.
Uh... yes, I know they're not. It's the fact that, until later in season 1, they treat each other as brother/sister. After they stop that and go into lover mode, Nemu should've stopped calling him Onii-chan, cuz it seems kinda weird to be calling your lover that.

AS for SisPris, I'd agree with Cloudnine's opinion that they're all girls he has met in his life who he has forged a strong relationship with. Though it has to be said it's quite worrying that Hinako is allowed to live there without any parental supervision, considering she's only about 5 or 6 years old and none of the other girls are any older than 16.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 10:38   Link #14
luchamasta

Perhaps he (the main guy) is just dreaming in a mental hospital bed, and all the sisters exist only in his inner world...
luchamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 19:48   Link #15
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Dreamgazer, you're a genius! An absolute genius! Rep awarded and I hope you win a large cash prize sometime soon.

Promise Island: Silent Hill had never been so cute.
Old 2006-01-09, 00:15   Link #16
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Omg, can't believe you guys are wasting so much time on such a crappy series....
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 00:20   Link #17
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

You guys have it all WRONG!

Wataru's Dad is mr Ichan from Angelic Layer. Promise Island is a giant Layer board. The 12 Sisters are all different types of 'Angels'. Since they were all built by Mr Ichan, they are all 'technically' Wataru's sisters.

This also explains how each one is different and why none of them ever leave the island.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 00:50   Link #18
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

You don't need rationale. They exist for the sole reason that they are a byproduct of many kimo-otas' wet dreams. And no, I am not joking.

And how moe~ can you get when you have twelve sisters all madly in love with you, yet they all get along? Twelve cute little sisters drawn explicitly moe~ by Tenhiro Naoto on Dengeki G's Magazine. It evolved from a several illustrations into multi-million dollar enterprise spanning numerous DreamCast and Playstation games, mangas, two anime series (and DVD sales that goes with them), limited edition merchadise, etc. etc.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 07:11   Link #19
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

What if Wataru is plugged into The Matrix, but it's a very early version of The Matrix on a floppy or something, so there's only room for the island, the sisters and random tag events?
Old 2006-01-09, 16:07   Link #20
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Yes. Let us try to rationalize how one guy could have twelve sisters, some of seemingly same age. And with many different attributes. So what is this? Mom and dad were like sex-starved bunnies? They're all test tube babies with a sprinkling of genetic engineering on the side?
I'd say both applies
They're sex-strved bunnies, and they "produced" so many kids in order to do genetic engineering on them
Then they distributed them all over the earth to grow up in vastly different families as some sort of long-time-experiment
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote