AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-01, 19:22   Link #1
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

What scenes do you most want to see in MO?

I notice on a lot prediction and discussion threads that people were just posting what scenes or event sthey most want to see. So i thought i out one thread for people to post that in and many be do a poll later.

Here are scenes i want to see.

Mai back in action

Miyu back in action

Natuski and Shizuru action in bed
Old 2006-02-01, 19:35   Link #2
User33703
Disabled By Request

I have a large list of what I wish Mai-Otome would show, but the majors would have to be :

- Mai BBQ'ing millions. (I dont care if shes a baddie or not, I just want more Tokiha.)
- Natsuki FINALLY kicking ass. She didn't get to do much of it in HiME, and Otome is none to zero. I have high expectations for her robe, but I have a feeling I'll be sorely dissapointed
- More Shizuru character development! I'm not asking for her to lose her marbles or anything, but her character seems so 2D.
- I'm sure Miyu will make another dramatic entrance, but until she does, I'll be wishing for it.
- Arika and Mashiro action (not that way.) Now that they've crossed their bridge of hate, I'd like to see how they develop that in to a relationship of strong devotion and loyalty, like true Master and Otome .
- Tomoe to actually find a decent reason as to why she's gone absolutely psycho.
- More Nao time, and it'd be nice to meet the Pillars (seeing as to how we are totally oblivious at who the other two are.)

I'm probably asking for way to much from Sunrise, and I'll probably leave the series with crushed hopes, but a fan can always imagine
Old 2006-02-01, 19:43   Link #3
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwhyenen
- Natsuki FINALLY kicking ass. She didn't get to do much of it in HiME, and Otome is none to zero. I have high expectations for her robe, but I have a feeling I'll be sorely dissapointed
I've always had this terrifying image of Natsuki materializing and the entire crowd goes "OMGWTFBBQ, she actually materialized? Maybe we can actually find out her power now and get a short of her in action!" Then she uses Time Stop and systematically shoots down every slave she can see with dual autocannons, then puts them away right before the Time Stop ends, just so the all the crowd sees is death and destruction but they still have no idea what she can do. XD
Old 2006-02-01, 19:54   Link #4
User33703
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum
I've always had this terrifying image of Natsuki materializing and the entire crowd goes "OMGWTFBBQ, she actually materialized? Maybe we can actually find out her power now and get a short of her in action!" Then she uses Time Stop and systematically shoots down every slave she can see with dual autocannons, then puts them away right before the Time Stop ends, just so the all the crowd sees is death and destruction but they still have no idea what she can do. XD
No, dont you DARE get my hopes up .

I have this terrifying image, of a Natsuki materializing and screwing up. Badly. Very Badly. I think Sunrise messed up the moment they shoved her robe-clad in the OP. At that moment, they teared away all the tension of the fans, waiting to see Natsuki open the biggest can of whoopass and a side-dish of WTFMATE? Sure it was pretty and everything when we saw it in the OP, but I think I would have liked it better if they just had Natsuki surprise-materializing and succesfully trigging mass destruction of freakishly happy fans .

(But hey, this is Sunrise here. It's a give and take thing :x.)
Old 2006-02-01, 20:29   Link #5
Fishbait

I'm not a huge Mai fan TBH. Yes yes both series are called MAI-&&&&, but I honestly dont like Mai all that much.

So ... I hope to see

- Miya back

- Tomoe in real battle

- Natsuki/Shizuru anything
Old 2006-02-01, 20:59   Link #6
Pakxenon
popcorn

-Arika + Mashiro development.
-Arika rape scene (hmmm... i dunno!? >_>)
-More Nao action!
Old 2006-02-01, 22:03   Link #7
monster

Nao&Mai vs Natsuki&Shizuru in a tag team Otome battle. Not likely to happen, but if it does, I'll be on Nao&Mai's corner.

But what I really want to see is Mai and Miyu battling and some character development for Akira.
Old 2006-02-01, 22:40   Link #8
djmaca
My Girl ↓

An Arika, Nina and Sergey confrontation in which:

1. Nina learned that Arika had feelings for Sergey

2. Sergey learns Nina's feelings for him

3. An intensified Arika-Nina rivalry
Old 2006-02-01, 22:44   Link #9
Bloody

I want to see in action are ...

-Chie (I hope she will have a cool robe someday )

-Natsuki in Action (MATERIALIZE GUNS)

-Shizuru, Natsuki and Nao .... In bed?? (I suppose )
Old 2006-02-01, 23:09   Link #10
MattAlchemy

Send a message via AIM to MattAlchemy Send a message via MSN to MattAlchemy
I want to see Mai, Natsuki, and Tomoe finally actually do some fighting around here now.
Old 2006-02-01, 23:27   Link #11
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
- More Shizuru character development! I'm not asking for her to lose her marbles or anything, but her character seems so 2D.
- Tomoe to actually find a decent reason as to why she's gone absolutely psycho.
I thought they were doing well with Shizuru up until episode 12 – but then I could never claim to watching Otome for the show per se, but a select few characters – and then the 'lesbian vision/confusion' thing with Akira sort of went into tokenised weirdness.
Plus I don't think I've got over how Sunrise squandered that Shizuru/Tomoe moment in episode 13.

1) A Shizuru/Tomoe exchange that we can all deduce something from – or just anything from Tomoe which we can deduce something from.

We could have really been given something tangible for both characters in attitude and/or reasoning, but nooooo - a rather cryptic exchange - followed by an equally cryptic exchange between Shizuru/Arika. Oh wait, followed by another cryptic exchange with Miyu in ep 14, followed by no exchange in ep 15, leading to what was the absolute clincher with Natsuki ep 16 - why did her departure take an episode, but her return took 5 seconds?! And why was Yayoi so visibly more happy than Natsuki.

2) Shizuru giving Yayoi a pat on the head

3) The power of Miyu, dun dun dunnnnn.

Natsuki's role....by now I think she must be dying to do something - she's secretly thrilled with this invasion just so her wonderful assets can finally can be put snugly into her Dhruan robe. Only yeah, that was spoiled for us too.

4) Natsuki's office to be blown up by Schwartz. Flames, I want to see it burn.

Quote:
At that moment, they teared away all the tension of the fans, waiting to see Natsuki open the biggest can of whoopass and a side-dish of WTFMATE? Sure it was pretty and everything when we saw it in the OP, but I think I would have liked it better if they just had Natsuki surprise-materializing and succesfully trigging mass destruction of freakishly happy fans
Yeah it was a letdown, seeing as how they dragged it out long enough, and then they revealed it in the bloody opening. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. They could have shown the Pillars in a different way to how they did - afterall it was only a brief shot. Or had the opening after the in-show revelation of it. Meh.

5) To develop Batgirl and Princess Jasmine - and not that they are just thrown as bait to the sharks.

6) The return of Mai, but please let it not be a cheese-fest.

7) Midori to be given an integral role. I loves Midori. Have her educate Mashiro, she could do with the tips.

8) Chie to rescue Aoi from her tragic occupation - or Aoi to materialise.

9) Rena turns up alive - so she can come and point out her daughter, because it's got to the point where I don't think anyone 'really' knows. But then again, she probably wouldn’t know either.

10) ShizNat. Ah, I’d give the above 9 up for this - I’d love for it to be crammed down my throat, please, I feel like I’ve been led down the garden path, and if Sunrise let it die well then that’s up to them…kinda manipulated a whole bunch of us to watch their ‘sequel’ back at the beginning, but what the hey.
Old 2006-02-01, 23:55   Link #12
duster_Fukku
Finally found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Natuski and Shizuru action in bed
Second on that with an exception that those two, together, exhanging conversation WITHOUT THE CREEPY BACKGROUND MUSIC for more than 3 minuets, begging.

And Shizuru's character development. But she is most likely going to be a static character for some reason: that goes with Natsuki as well. Probably due to the focus of the show is on Arika's group and little on ShizuNat.

But it's Sunrise. I won't say more.

And Nao, shows up in Meister robe and still saying:"It has nothing to do with me."
Old 2006-02-01, 23:58   Link #13
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Miya to return after the dust settles.
Save the dying Tomoe and nursed her back to health.
Tie Tomoe to the bed in Miya's basement so she can't escape and be with Miya for ever.
After an escape attempt, on the part of Tomoe, Miyu sawed both Tomoe's feet off and cauterized the wound with a blow-torch.
They lived scarily-ever-after.

(problem: Stephen King might sue Sunrise for copyright infringement...)
Old 2006-02-02, 00:04   Link #14
User33703
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodati
1) A Shizuru/Tomoe exchange that we can all deduce something from – or just anything from Tomoe which we can deduce something from.
I've actually gotten around to thinking that Sunrise is going to pull some big tear-jerker on us about Tomoe, so that we can all feel bad for hating her in the first place. Well, its either that or they're just going to continue shoving all the bad deeds on her, with her doing all of them just to kill anyone who gets a blasted ten feet near Shizuru .

Quote:
4) Natsuki's office to be blown up by Schwartz. Flames, I want to see it burn.
Oh yes. I will take away all of my annoyance and displeasure on the series, if they just give us this one scene.

Quote:
6) The return of Mai, but please let it not be a cheese-fest.
Sorry, but for Sunrise I think the cheese-fest for Mai's return will be unavoidable. Huge chunks of cheese will fall from the sky, squishing fans that have been waiting so eagerly for her return .

And oh god. I just realized I had forgotten to add ShizNat on to my list. Dear lord, I assume this is what happens to you when Sunrise just doesnt give you what you want, when you want.
Old 2006-02-02, 00:19   Link #15
Asianknight82
Banned

Sorry, but I think you'll never see any feelings of love coming from Natsuki. It'll be out of character. Shizuru will always be a one sided love.

But, back on the topic. I wanna see Nina's reaction to Arikas feelings for Sergey, as it seems, shes suspecting something going on between the two of them... Oh, it'll be one hell of a cat fight
Old 2006-02-02, 00:48   Link #16
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82
Sorry, but I think you'll never see any feelings of love coming from Natsuki. It'll be out of character. Shizuru will always be a one sided love.
Y'know I kinda knew you'd write that before I opened up the thread - you're entitled to your view but I'm a little exacerbated by this when we've never been given any evidence to suggest Natsuki wouldn't reciprocate 'that' sort of love in Otome - we don't know Natsuki well enough in HiME let alone Otome! Neither character is given set immovable qualities and procedures entailing something - unless I'm missing the concrete fanbook that shares the inner workings and be all and end all of Sunrise information.

Yes, maybe I'm just one of those select few deluded wackos - although most people who end up willingly declaring the contrary are those who hate Shizuru. Strangely.

I thankyou for the heads-up on it, I'll still try and retain my faith. And yes it is off topic, but wonders never cease for people to add it in there quickly.

Quote:
I've actually gotten around to thinking that Sunrise is going to pull some big tear-jerker on us about Tomoe, so that we can all feel bad for hating her in the first place. Well, its either that or they're just going to continue shoving all the bad deeds on her, with her doing all of them just to kill anyone who gets a blasted ten feet near Shizuru
I'd rather it was the former, but unless they give her the worst childhood ever concieved in anime.... I think she's got a better chance if she does a last minute redemption - just one thing 'good' before she dies. But that seems far off at this rate.

Quote:
Huge chunks of cheese will fall from the sky, squishing fans that have been waiting so eagerly for her return
Heh, what an image...

Quote:
And oh god. I just realized I had forgotten to add ShizNat on to my list. Dear lord, I assume this is what happens to you when Sunrise just doesnt give you what you want, when you want.
Yeah or perhaps it's just a given for you

Last edited by Diodati; 2006-02-02 at 01:07.
Old 2006-02-02, 00:49   Link #17
Fishbait

I think Tomoe might end up dying for Shizuru..that would be a real tear jerker

Tho I doubt that will happen
Old 2006-02-02, 00:56   Link #18
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait

Me neither. She's too selfish for that.
Old 2006-02-02, 00:57   Link #19
User33703
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait

Hmm, I thought about this too. But to be quite frank, I dont think I'll be in tears if Tomoe hits the dirt for Shizuru. Granted, it'd be quite the plus points for her (seeing as to how she's got quite the little hate-base for herself), but depending on how far she will go for Shizuru, I doubt many Tomoe-Haters will convert.

Quote:

Yeah or perhaps it's just a given for you
Oh, you big meanie you .
Old 2006-02-02, 02:03   Link #20
twh
Something or other...

-Natsuki actually doing SOMETHING!
-Shizuru either suffering, dying, or both.
-Mai burning stuff.
-Sergei showing more of his awesome manliness.
-Antsy getting pwned relentlessly.
-Midori and Aswald pwn Otome relentlessly.
-Mashiro stops being a brat.
-Nina gets rid of her daddy complex.
-Haruka becomes even funnier and wins in a fight.
-Miyu knowing what it's like to be recycled material... oh wait, too late for that.
Closed Thread