AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-23, 21:34   Link #3501
sa547
*Author

This morning I resolved a game freeze problem which happened earlier as I set foot on Ivarstead -- took me some time to narrow it down to a dirty mod which caused earlier freezes when coming close to Solitude (and its cell), and uninstalled it.

Some mod authors don't realize that without caution altering parts of the gameworld or certain resources can create far-ranging problems as to make a game unusable, which is why at the moment I don't tamper with the navmesh or play with scripts.
Old 2012-12-24, 20:39   Link #3502
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
So guys, here's the question:

Do I enchant my main weapon (Daedric Sword (Legendary)) for uber effects or do I keep it simple so I can use Elemental Fury in a pinch?

I have my Daedric Bow (Legendary) and Daedric Dagger (Legendary) enchanted already but I'd just like some more input.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 21:04   Link #3503
sa547
*Author

I use an enchanted weapon (and upgraded) only when I have to kill powerful opponents such as dragon priests. Otherwise I bring out upgraded vanilla versions for most "radiant" quest encounters like raids on bandit encampments.
Old 2012-12-25, 04:24   Link #3504
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

A dual-wielding build can pretty much match the Elemental Fury shout if you put perks into it.
Old 2012-12-25, 17:06   Link #3505
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Its all about the Heavy One-Handed Armor for me. Except when I fight giants, they always scare me. I had the worst adventure to Solitude for my new character. I was traveling down the road after killing 3 bandit camps. Out of potions, and a dragon comes right on top of me. I started to run to Solitude, and made it just in time before I almost died so the guards helped me with it. Free Dragon Soul for me.
Old 2012-12-25, 20:49   Link #3506
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah I've had bad encounter coincidences myself. I was tasked to take out a giant near Whiterun, but I wasn't quite at a level where I could safely take one of them on. So, I became a werewolf and utterly stomped it. Unfortunately, I killed it too close to the mammoths, and they quickly gave chase, so I bolted for the nearby bridge, into some mudcrabs. And when I got to the bridge, it turns out it was occupied. By the Vigilants of Stendarr. While I was a werewolf. So I had to quickly attack them, while trying to get away from the still-rampaging mammoths.

And that's when the dragon showed up...
Old 2012-12-25, 21:23   Link #3507
sa547
*Author

Damn. About as close as you get to Blues Brothers being chased by dozens of cop cars.

Me? I was about to leave for Winterhold when a dragon suddenly attacked, it killed a bystander, and tried to shoot it down. Made a mistake in using Unrelenting Force while guards and everyone else were fighting it -- instant penalty. :P

Okay, I fired up CK for my next idea, based on some conceptual fantasy city art I saw on my Tumblr.
Old 2012-12-25, 22:55   Link #3508
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I gots new RAM for my computer, bringing me up from 4 GB to 16 GB. I think my Skyrim and Fallout games will run way more smoothly now.
Old 2012-12-26, 02:48   Link #3509
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah I've had bad encounter coincidences myself. I was tasked to take out a giant near Whiterun, but I wasn't quite at a level where I could safely take one of them on. So, I became a werewolf and utterly stomped it. Unfortunately, I killed it too close to the mammoths, and they quickly gave chase, so I bolted for the nearby bridge, into some mudcrabs. And when I got to the bridge, it turns out it was occupied. By the Vigilants of Stendarr. While I was a werewolf. So I had to quickly attack them, while trying to get away from the still-rampaging mammoths.

And that's when the dragon showed up...
So you were stronger as a werewolf? The only time lycanthropy was useful to me was in that prison break quest. No weapon or armor in normal form.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 03:23   Link #3510
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Dawnguard's starting werewolf perks greatly increase the overall damage a werewolf can dish out.
Old 2012-12-26, 04:58   Link #3511
HasuMasu
*Artist

I got rid of the werewolf form as soon as I could, no Dawnguard so it's pretty...ehh well I guess it looks cool?

Though running around naked is a bit embarrassing considering my character is a girl.
Old 2012-12-26, 05:13   Link #3512
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
I gots new RAM for my computer, bringing me up from 4 GB to 16 GB. I think my Skyrim and Fallout games will run way more smoothly now.
Skyrim can't use large amounts of RAM effectively without a mod, and no game will really show any appreciable benefit above 4GB unless it's something like an RTS or MMO. Most games are still 32-bit programs and thus can't address more than ~3GB of RAM.
Old 2012-12-26, 05:28   Link #3513
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Skyrim can't use large amounts of RAM effectively without a mod, and no game will really show any appreciable benefit above 4GB unless it's something like an RTS or MMO. Most games are still 32-bit programs and thus can't address more than ~3GB of RAM.
Very true, Skyrim on Ultra High settings runs about 6 times as much data as something like Skype or iTunes would- not as much as one would think. Even running all of these said programs along with Chrome puts my RAM at around 4.92 GB.
Old 2012-12-26, 06:11   Link #3514
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ The only comment I've ever gotten was that I'd freeze to death.
Old 2012-12-26, 15:21   Link #3515
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Well, I know there were methods to make Fallout 3/New Vegas 4GB-compatible, which I've already used, and last I checked Skyrim was already made 4GB-enabled in one of the patches. That said, the total mod amount you can run on any of those games is determined by the amount of RAM you have, or so I've been taught, and that having higher amounts of RAM you can enable more plugins before the game destabilizes.
Old 2012-12-26, 16:53   Link #3516
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm running 8GB since a few months ago and I can get 'showracemenu' not to crash with both the apache and skyfall hair packs if I do it in a small uncluttered single cell room. T'was impossible with only 4GB.

In other words, more GB help more with the mods than with the game itself (textures, etc).

My 2H Redguard hates magic but the storyline compels her to learn a *little* bit and have to visit that horrid mage college. Mostly I just kind of liked this image which is a bit 'Conan's distant little cousin' looking. Sadly, the front of the outfit I don't like so much.

Images
following Zephyr into the mage quarters
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-26, 20:25   Link #3517
sa547
*Author

Instead of using the regular SkyHair pack, I settled on the smaller subset of that mod which has my character's favorite hairstyle (hime long hair), and also makes less of an impact on system memory (it's now 4gb, but could've been harder if I chose to play under 2gb).

The Mages' College? Actually it used some magic but for tougher jobs I can bring out my bow.
Old 2012-12-26, 20:59   Link #3518
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I wish the faction quests would make you attend a lot more jobs before you get promoted through the storyline. Companions, one hazing ritual, then one odd job, then a test to get into the bloody inner Circle? I'm used to Morrowind making me EARN my rank before I get higher in a faction.

Sadly there's only one mod thus far that revamps factions, and it's only for the Companions--so if you want something like that for the College or the Thieves' Guild? You're shit outta luck. Author already said he's not doing the same revamp for any other faction outside of the Companions.
Old 2012-12-26, 21:09   Link #3519
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
I wish the faction quests would make you attend a lot more jobs before you get promoted through the storyline. Companions, one hazing ritual, then one odd job, then a test to get into the bloody inner Circle? I'm used to Morrowind making me EARN my rank before I get higher in a faction.

Sadly there's only one mod thus far that revamps factions, and it's only for the Companions--so if you want something like that for the College or the Thieves' Guild? You're shit outta luck. Author already said he's not doing the same revamp for any other faction outside of the Companions.
Well at least with Thieves Guild you have to do small jobs and create connections in each city before you become a leader. College is the worst though since you could become the head without knowing a single spell.
Old 2012-12-26, 21:48   Link #3520
sa547
*Author

For the second playthrough I joined the Thieves' Guild. Why? Lots of challenges, good takehome pay, and fences across the country for whom to dump any nicked goods. Also I get to have my stealth skills enhanced.

It's kind of funny that the Bards' College doesn't make you a bard (and a character class that's sorely missing in this game) but you learn speechcraft skills, which is useful for persuasion (there is, however, a mod that allows you to be a bard).

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim