AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-10-07, 06:29   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Shakugan no Shana - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Shakugan no Shana anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Shakugan no Shana which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 08:50   Link #2
Lilprid
Burn burn burn ^^

Does anyone no how many episodes there is for shakugan no shana yet?
Lilprid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 09:26   Link #3
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilprid View Post
Does anyone no how many episodes there is for shakugan no shana yet?
Well i cant find the number cause it says "ongoing" but i personality eastemate/caunt with 24.
Old 2007-10-08, 01:30   Link #4
kevin13
Disabled By Request

So if this is Shana II, what's Shana I, and do I need to watch it, and how does the movie fit into all this?
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 03:39   Link #5
Lilprid
Burn burn burn ^^

Well you can watch shana 1 on tv links i guess, but from what i hear the movie is just a retell of season one so i guess you could watch that instead, but the movie was just getting more people to watch it i supose
Old 2007-10-08, 03:42   Link #6
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I've got a small question.
I've recently gotten into this series by reading volume 1 of the manga and I'm planning to pick up the anime series sooner or later.
Is it a good idea to watch the first season instead of jumping off towards the newest second season?
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 03:48   Link #7
Lilprid
Burn burn burn ^^

Hmmm not sure really i guess you could watch the movie to get a small idea of what its like, but its up to you if you wanna skip to the second season or not. =]
Old 2007-10-08, 04:14   Link #8
Teiran
NPC
*Author

The short answer: yes, it's up to you, but it never hurts to know as much as possible about what's gone on beforehand if you decide to jump into the middle of the story.

I'm not sure how much material the first manga volume covers, but...
Spoiler for information regarding the gap between the Shana movie and SnS II, without going into specifics:

Last edited by Teiran; 2007-10-08 at 05:26.
Teiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 04:12   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I hate to have to point this out, but this is a Q&A thread. If you aren't Qing, then please try to find an actual Q that you can A before posting stuff. Otherwise you're in a discussion and those don't belong in this thread.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 07:22   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Question... is this anime like a girl version of Bleach? if it is I might consider watching it but if its just some normal kids using swords like their in the 20's I think I'll pass.
Old 2007-10-09, 08:28   Link #11
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Girl version of bleach ?

The beginning follows the same formula of 'seemingly normal boy has his life turned upside down due to a chance encounter with a girl who has mysterious powers', but there is more to it. Shana uses a sword in battle, but she is pretty much the only one using a sword. This isn't about sword fights per se. But no - the majority of characters are most certainly not 'normal'. Not nearly as action-oriented as Bleach.

I would suggest checking it out - chances are you would like it.
Old 2007-10-09, 17:11   Link #12
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I'd say that it is nothing at all like Bleach. Shows like Bleach focus on battle or getting ready for battle while relationship is just a spice to flavor it. By contrast Shakugan no Shana is largely focused on relationships and mysteries where battle is the spice that flavors it.

That doesn't mean you won't like it. To answer your specific questions, most of the characters do not use swords and the main characters are teenagers.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-10, 05:34   Link #13
kevin13
Disabled By Request

huh?

That makes my message too short though.
Old 2007-10-10, 05:56   Link #14
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

If that answer was too confusing, I'll try:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickal555 View Post
So if this is Shana II, what's Shana I, and do I need to watch it, and how does the movie fit into all this?
  • Shakugan no Shana I was a 24 episode TV series that aired 2 year ago.
  • Shakugan no Shana II is a new TV series which is currently airing. It is the second season of the same show. It picks up after episode 24 of the first season.
  • Shakugan no Shana Movie is a movie length retelling of the first 6 episodes of Shana I. It is the first story arc and introduces the characters.
You do need to watch Shana I to completely understand Shana II. There are no optional episodes you can skip since everything has some relevance to the story. If you are impatient you can watch the Shana movie since that does tell the story of the first story arc so it will at least introduce you to the characters.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-10-10 at 21:36. Reason: small error
Old 2007-10-10, 05:58   Link #15
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Ok!

Syanku very much!

I like you.
Old 2007-10-10, 17:18   Link #16
Lilprid
Burn burn burn ^^

Is shakugan no shana II like shown evrey week? or somthing havent seen episode 2 at all =[ anyone got any idea?
Old 2007-10-10, 17:36   Link #17
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilprid View Post
Is shakugan no shana II like shown evrey week? or somthing havent seen episode 2 at all =[ anyone got any idea?
It's shown every week like any other regular Japanese animation series that's aired on TV. The earliest air time is Fridays at 0125. The time provided in question is Japan Standard Time.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 10:09   Link #18
Ramong
Danish geek

Send a message via MSN to Ramong
Hello, i got a question.

How many of the novels does Shakugan No Shana span over?
Season 1 and season 2.

Sorry if this have been asked before, and thanks for any replies
Ramong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 10:17   Link #19
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramong View Post
Hello, i got a question.

How many of the novels does Shakugan No Shana span over?
Season 1 and season 2.

Sorry if this have been asked before, and thanks for any replies
Shakugan no Shana is currently 17 novels: I to XV, 00, and S.

XVI is coming out fairly soon, and there's been speculation that the novels may only go till XVII, though that's hardly an absolute. (as long as there's the money....)

season 1 covers material from volumes 1 to 9. its assumed from the opening season 2 will cover at very least up to 14
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 19:22   Link #20
alvinkhorfire

Why SnS is broadcasted late at midnight (1.25 am Japanese time) ? I suppose that only those adult animes are broadcasted in such time slot and SnS is not definitely one of those adult animes.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote