AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-02-19, 12:15   Link #41
FreshLeafTea

Send a message via AIM to FreshLeafTea
Ahhh i remember all the disney movies i watch my favorite was probably Alladin, love their song "A Whole New World" The fox and the hound was also a classic disney movie that i loved
FreshLeafTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 21:07   Link #42
Rubylight

I remember then, I still have a collection of VHS still. xD
Some of my favorites would be The Lion King, Oliver & Company and The Little Mermaid.
Rubylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 21:39   Link #43
Katydid

Send a message via AIM to Katydid Send a message via MSN to Katydid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshLeafTea View Post
Ahhh i remember all the disney movies i watch my favorite was probably Alladin, love their song "A Whole New World" The fox and the hound was also a classic disney movie that i loved
I forgot all about the Fox and the Hound! It makes me cry though, I remember watching it in school and crying, it was so embarassing.
Katydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 03:07   Link #44
Jill Valentine

I've got all the disney movies and most favourited one is aladdin and little mermaid, never get tired of watching them
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 05:09   Link #45
User91411
Disabled By Request

Disney had some good, even excellent stuff but some of it is really overrated. Take, for example, The Jungle Book. I liked it as a kid but I read Kipling's book, and it pwns Disney's version by far. I don't mind Disney's Jungle Book now, but I still remember reading the Kipling book and thinking "This pwns the movie by far".

Although their 80s and 90s stuff were great, Aladdin, The Lion King (best Disney movie ever), and Peter Pan, Dumbo and Pinnichio were the best when it came to their old stuff. Captain Hook is one of the funniest cartoon villains ever, my sister was watching Peter Pan a few months ago and I had to hold back laughter at Captain Hook's antics. Man is that guy a legend. But in all, I defiantly prefer anime to Disney, because if it was the opposite, you'd find me on a Disney forum. lol.
User91411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 06:40   Link #46
Zhaxra

My favs would probably be Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, and Beauty and the Beast. Which is funny because I'm not a fan of musicals. Ah, the Hunchback of Norte Dame is another one I liked because it was dark and the hero didn't get the girl. Beauty and the Beast is probably the most notable as the animated film that was nominated for an Academy Award. Boy I so wanted that to win.

I think when it comes to Disney's 2D animated movies for the theatrical release, I've pretty much enjoyed them all because they were at least fun. Except for the Black Cauldron. That was a tug of war battle between two factions and the losers ended up being the audience. I saw Song of the South when I was a kid, but sadly I don't remember much of it at all.

Picked up Sleeping Beauty on blu-ray recently and it outshines my dusty Laserdisc version by leaps and bounds.

Heh, this reminds me of when I was five or six years of age, my parent took me to the theater to see Snow White in and when the witch disguised herself as the old hag, it scared me so much I hid under the seats and my parents had to pry me from out of there.

I also second 'the Iron Giant'. It is an awesome film.
Old 2009-03-05, 08:41   Link #47
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
Heh, this reminds me of when I was five or six years of age, my parent took me to the theater to see Snow White in and when the witch disguised herself as the old hag, it scared me so much I hid under the seats and my parents had to pry me from out of there.
When my daughter was around four or five we went to Disney World. At the beginning of our very first day in the park, I took her on the Snow White ride. This is the kind of amusement where you ride in a little car over tracks so you can see the displays. We entered the first door, it became very dark, and the first thing she sees is the witch in a spotlight cackling away.

I managed to keep her from jumping out of the car, but we headed over to It's a Small World really quickly after that!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 09:02   Link #48
Arumat
Eldrarian

Send a message via MSN to Arumat
Actualy we watch old Disney movies still with my sisterXD

Well if i have to chooce my favs those would be 101 Dalmatians and Hercules. For Dalmatians i realy liked old style how it was maked. I mean everything looked so old and classical. Of course i think Gruella DeVil is most scaryest Disney villain ever : D.

For Hercules i was always interested in mythologies and mythic beastes like hydras. Hercules was kinda funny, but i realy started to love this movie when i sawed it on English "Yeah Finnish voice acting is not sooooo good". Also got to admit that i liked Hades more than Hercules himselfe, but yeah i have always been in villains side.
Arumat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 09:54   Link #49
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckpuppy View Post
Are these movies so old already? I feel old now too.

I loved so much Disney stuff as a kid, mostly, Sleeping Beauty, Robin Hood, Aladdin, Aristocats, Cinderella, The Emperor's New Groove, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, A Goofy Movie, Alice In Wonderland, I loved their shows to, Winnie the Pooh, Gargoyles as a kid. It's a shame they stopped making animated movies like before, now it's all 3-d, and less musical numbers, though they're making one The Frog Prince or The Frog and the Princess, I can't remember. I hope it's good, I'd like to see the "old" Disney come back into style with new stories.
No such this as "new stories" with Disney. They just spice up stories that are centuries old and make them musicals and family-friendly.
Old 2009-03-11, 15:43   Link #50
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I don't know if anyone else has heard but a traditional 2d animation style Disney movie is set to be released this year. Its called The Princess and the Frog.

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog/

Its being directed by John Musker (the Little Mermaid) and Ron Clements (Aladdin).

I'm actually quite looking forward to this.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 02:38   Link #51
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckpuppy View Post
Are these movies so old already? I feel old now too.

I loved so much Disney stuff as a kid, mostly, Sleeping Beauty, Robin Hood, Aladdin, Aristocats, Cinderella, The Emperor's New Groove, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, A Goofy Movie, Alice In Wonderland, I loved their shows to, Winnie the Pooh, Gargoyles as a kid. It's a shame they stopped making animated movies like before, now it's all 3-d, and less musical numbers, though they're making one The Frog Prince or The Frog and the Princess, I can't remember. I hope it's good, I'd like to see the "old" Disney come back into style with new stories.
Me too, I miss the 2d animation films by Disney.
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 06:47   Link #52
KimmyChan

Two of my all-time favourite classic Disney movies are Sleeping Beauty & Oliver And Company
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 08:32   Link #53
FreshLeafTea

Send a message via AIM to FreshLeafTea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katydid View Post
I forgot all about the Fox and the Hound! It makes me cry though, I remember watching it in school and crying, it was so embarassing.
my School had never watched disney movies but i always watched them back in elementary school when i got home
but ya Fox and the Hound was very sad i feel like watching ir right now
FreshLeafTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 08:44   Link #54
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I don't know if anyone else has heard but a traditional 2d animation style Disney movie is set to be released this year. Its called The Princess and the Frog.

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog/

Its being directed by John Musker (the Little Mermaid) and Ron Clements (Aladdin).

I'm actually quite looking forward to this.
Me too, I saw the trailer for it on my Space Buddies DVD the other day

I am totally gonna be seeing this, as it's the first animated Disney movie of it's kind to feature a black princess, which I think is very cool
Old 2009-04-09, 08:24   Link #55
cheerio_888

I just love watching Disney movies. I remember watching Sleeping Beauty and Aladdin in cinemas when I was in gradeschool.

I'm glad that I experienced watching 2D animation in theatres.
cheerio_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 06:04   Link #56
Woodchips
つかれた!

The Lion King remains my favourite Disney movie of all time.
Mulan remains a favourite for being a little different.
Alladin
Hercules

Umm...

Oh, and Beauty and the Beast.

I personally don't mind 2D or 3D animation. As long as there is a good story behind it, and a bit of humour, then I don't really mind. I'm personally not of the opinion that new things are always inferior to old things.
Woodchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 07:08   Link #57
Nosauz

I'm just curious what's disneys problems with non orphaned children? Their movies all have terrible things happen to the parents, it doesn't change the fact that I love disney features but I just find them to a be a little anti social norm of families. I love aladdin, but man some of that blaring racism is just so damn funny, but so wrong now when I rewatch it, I can never get it out of my head.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 10:08   Link #58
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

OMG I just forgot another nice old Disney movie. The Sword and the Stone. I can't believe I forgot to add that to my earlier posts.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 12:02   Link #59
qwertyuiopz

Lion King, Mulan and Hercules are my favs

i cant believe they dropped those 2D movies for high school musical :@@@@@@@@@@
3D movies they make are ok like Wall-E, but I still prefer the 2D movies they used to make
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 16:24   Link #60
KimmyChan

I also really like Homeward Bound The Incredible Journey - That's a classic aswell