AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-07, 07:43   Link #2441
sooj

I found this which seems to summary the entire novel here http://pastebin.com/P29L9k98 even though it makes no mention of a second kiss, it does seem pretty legit. someone else probably posted it but i guess i missed it???

Spoiler for latest novel spoiler:
sooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 07:44   Link #2442
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I think the problem people see is only part "moral" and more "too sudden". I mean had the author made Kyousuke's feelings more evident since the beginning it wouldn't be as controversial. Just look at Koi Kaze, it was leading into an incest ending since chapter 1 and I think it's one of the most beautiful series ever. Had this series been less manga/anime/eroge centric and more incest/moral it would have been a lot easier to stomach.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 07:48   Link #2443
Xical
Phantom User

How much of the hate for Kirino como from mixing media (mainly LN with anime)?
It may be the same story, but the way it is told portrait the characters in a different angle, and now we know even the anime production is not exactly in the Kirino boat but with other chara, and that may have affected the way Kirino is showed in anime, making people hate even her LN version.
btw, I don't understand all the hate to Manami even as a Kirino shipper, I like her character and was also rotting for her ( in case of not Kirino end), she is the closest to Kyosuke, she understand he the most, and even if he denies it he as feelings for her (remember Kyo answer to Kohei question about Manami getting a boyfriend? is almost the same answer he give about Kirino getting a boyfriend), you may say Manami as a hidden agenda, and yes it is true, she want Kyo, or at least she want Kyo to be happy.
(coming back later to elaborate more on this, time to go to work)
Xical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 07:52   Link #2444
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xical View Post
How much of the hate for Kirino como from mixing media (mainly LN with anime)?
It may be the same story, but the way it is told portrait the characters in a different angle, and now we know even the anime production is not exactly in the Kirino boat but with other chara, and that may have affected the way Kirino is showed in anime, making people hate even her LN version.
btw, I don't understand all the hate to Manami even as a Kirino shipper, I like her character and was also rotting for her ( in case of not Kirino end), she is the closest to Kyosuke, she understand he the most, and even if he denies it he as feelings for her (remember Kyo answer to Kohei question about Manami getting a boyfriend? is almost the same answer he give about Kirino getting a boyfriend), you may say Manami as a hidden agenda, and yes it is true, she want Kyo, or at least she want Kyo to be happy.
(coming back later to elaborate more on this, time to go to work)
I don't understand the Manami hate either, yeah she's manipulative but so are all the other girls in their own ways. She was never actually doing anything that could be considered evil. I love Kirino as well but hearing that Manami punched her when she was acting like a spoiled little brat in this novel put a smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I think the problem people see is only part "moral" and more "too sudden". I mean had the author made Kyousuke's feelings more evident since the beginning it wouldn't be as controversial. Just look at Koi Kaze, it was leading into an incest ending since chapter 1 and I think it's one of the most beautiful series ever. Had this series been less manga/anime/eroge centric and more incest/moral it would have been a lot easier to stomach.
The issue is you can technically make the case that Kyousuke's actions are what speaks his true feelings but it's pretty ambivalent. He never once admits to himself that he "really" cares for Kirino so much that he wants to be her lover. The problem here is that via narration he is lying to himself and it sounds so tongue and cheek when he does it seems like satire or a parody. So you get to the newest novel and in an instant he is now completely honest and now wants to be Kirino's lover. It's a huge leap in the narrative and I would argue in logic but I can understand the converse argument that the signs were there but I don't particularly agree with that interpretation of events.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 07:58   Link #2445
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So it is Kirino end, is it?

I will wait until official confirmation from one of us, then of course there is that Bonus Novel to consider. But the spoiler seems believable

Would have prefer a romantic and closure ending, rather than half reset like it is through.
Old 2013-06-07, 08:05   Link #2446
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooj View Post
I found this which seems to summary the entire novel here http://pastebin.com/P29L9k98 even though it makes no mention of a second kiss, it does seem pretty legit. someone else probably posted it but i guess i missed it???

Spoiler for latest novel spoiler:
Those are the spoilers I posted on Monday. Let me be clear here, I deleted the post regarding those spoilers because at the time, I had no proof. It wasn't until yesterday that proof started to come out, and even then, there were things not mentioned in the spoilers I posted. So yeah, let's wait for more clear spoilers so that we know what really happened.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 08:21   Link #2447
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

The final couple in harem romantic comedies are often "too sudden", because the whole point of the story is to maintain suspense all the way until the end. In order to do this, the story has to be written in such a way that every single girl still has a chance up until the big reveal. This leads to the situation where the author could have gone with the other routes at the end and it wouldn't entirely come out of left field. The downside is that this dilutes the final couple, whichever one it is, making it too sudden. This is seen in other anime such as AkaSaka, KoiChoco, and the most famous example of A Town Where You Rage.

With OreImo, most girls still had a realistic chance of winning even at the end of Volume 11. Volume 12 could foreseeably have gone with Kuroneko, Ayase, or Manami, and still retain some consistency, though all of them would probably also face the problem of being unrealistic to varying degrees.

As an aside, I don't watch all of her anime, but KanaHana's characters seem to end up losing recently. From Nadeko to Charlotte Dunois, Ayase (Guilty Crown), Zessica, and now Kuroneko, all ended up suffering heartbreak in the end.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 08:30   Link #2448
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Also you should note Oreimo didn't really become a harem romcom until like the 6-7th novel. So it was already a huge gear shift.
Old 2013-06-07, 08:45   Link #2449
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
1. what happened to kuroneko in the end?

2. incest anime ranking

1. yosuga no sora
2. Koko Naka ni hitori
3. oreimo
4. onii-chan dakedo ae sai
Onii-chan dakedo ae sai

You can take this novel out of the incest raking list. Because it is mentioned clearly in the anime/novel that they are not blood related. I dont count that as incest. And they didnt see each other for a long time and they are not practicaly real family. So dont count it as incest.
Old 2013-06-07, 08:57   Link #2450
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
Also you should note Oreimo didn't really become a harem romcom until like the 6-7th novel. So it was already a huge gear shift.
10th and I quote the 10th novel is when it become harem. 2 girls =/= harem. It equals a love triangle. 6-7th novel is when it became romcom.
10th is the only novel where I can really say it became a harem since 11 kinda backpedaled.
Old 2013-06-07, 09:00   Link #2451
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
10th and I quote the 10th novel is when it become harem. 2 girls =/= harem. It equals a love triangle. 6-7th novel is when it became romcom.
10th is the only novel where I can really say it became a harem since 11 kinda backpedaled.
Perhaps, you could make the case that by that time you could see that everyone liked him (Kuroneko, Manami, Ayase, and even Kirino.) Though I don't disagree it finally hit the fan in the tenth, makes the whole thing even more of a gear shift really.
Old 2013-06-07, 09:04   Link #2452
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevG View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HARD WORK ON VOLUME 11

After reading the spoilers for kirino x Kyosuke, I felt sad I spoiled it but I was litterly bursting with energy that I couldnt lay down anymore on my iphone, I grabbed my headphones and blasteted the main theme of oreimo, and did 50 pushups as fast as I could then 300 jumping jacks, 35 pushups then 200 jumping jacks thne 20 pushups and 100 jumping jacks!

IF I HADNT DONE THAT I WOULD STILL BE HYPER ALL MORNING LONG! THIS REALLY PUT SO MUCH ENERGY IN ME!

I only wish that feeling lasted even longer! If i read volume 12 to that point, I litterly could have run a marathon HAHA! I REALLY FEEL THIS WAY

CHAOS THANK YOU AGAIN, Please try your best to get volume 12 out asap If you need anything please ask me, ask me ask me!

IM SOO HAPPY THIS IS WHAT I WANTED FROM THE START Kirino X Kyosuke ftw!!!

Finally after 11 volumes the real romance came in, but the author NEEDS to follow up on this!!

GOOD LUCK CHAOSS I will ask arround for the raws so I Can give them to you, everyone help him! Ask all reviewers to get the raws to him!!!!
I had the same feeling yesterday man. Ahahahahahh i couldnt fucking get any sleep yesterday. And that kiss damn that was good . I have supported kirino x kyousuke from the start. To me in this whole story they didnt look like siblings to me. So i dont have any problem with the incest part at all.
Old 2013-06-07, 09:08   Link #2453
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
I had the same feeling yesterday man. Ahahahahahh i couldnt fucking get any sleep yesterday. And that kiss damn that was good . I have supported kirino x kyousuke from the start. To me in this whole story they didnt look like siblings to me. So i dont have any problem with the incest part at all.
Will its kinda embarrasing but I dreamed about the kiss right after I read the summary LOL as a Kirino shipper I cant get more happy
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 09:20   Link #2454
Maugomale

AkibaBlog interview (NSFW ads):

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51398141.html
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 09:24   Link #2455
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
oh boy, I gotta hear this.
Old 2013-06-07, 09:35   Link #2456
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Hopefully sombody can tell us what is being told there. Tried to use google translate. LOL the translation doesn't make any sense.
Old 2013-06-07, 09:35   Link #2457
dragon1412

Sadly, the article you post have no spoiler. About the content, its just a personal interview, the sales, how it start-up but still thanks you for your effort
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 09:43   Link #2458
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
Hopefully sombody can tell us what is being told there. Tried to use google translate. LOL the translation doesn't make any sense.
Relentlessflame usually just sums up these interviews. I'm sure he might post something. But yeah, seems like normal interview talk.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 09:49   Link #2459
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
Relentlessflame usually just sums up these interviews. I'm sure he might post something. But yeah, seems like normal interview talk.
if you want a summary then here,
the interview is split into 3 part:
the 1st part is the staff interview about the book sales with it's sell all the reprint in a flash
the 2nd part is about the book, i'e the startup , with some comment about the illustration, some comment.
the 3rd part is the interview with the author, but the question just stop at how he potrait the story, the character, etc... with no content related to the spoiler.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 10:13   Link #2460
Kakurin
大佐

To continue the translation:

Spoiler for Chapter 1 continuation:
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings