AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-02-26, 18:57   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Kung Fu Love (Film by Studio 4°C's Yasuhiro Aoki)

I'm not sure how many Studio 4°C fans are on this forum, but I know that all their fans, like myself, cannot get enough of the way these people push the boundries of animation direction. I just had the pleasure of seeing the 10 minute pilot of Kung Fu Love. And then I had the additional pleasure of adding it to AnimeSuki so others can see it. This movie is not yet confirmed, but we can certainly hope.

Finding this fansubbed was rather a thrill because I immediately remembered the short video that I had seen in their Amazing Nuts collection. For those who missed it, Amazing Nuts is a collection of 4 music videos which you can read about on AniPages Daily. You cannot find Amazing Nuts on AnimeSuki since it is not subtitled and even if it was, we don't list subtitled music. Now that short music video has been expanded into a 10 minute pilot for a movie. And it looks awesome. In the words of the author of that AniPage's article.

Quote:
"Apparently Aoki had in fact drawn enough storyboard and other background material to fill a full-length feature, but had to whittle all that down to a mere 10 minutes. I hope that one day we can see the full-length film that Aoki already had conceived fully-formed in his head. I could also see this working just as well as a TV series. Aoki has an intrinsically filmic approach - every shot is perfectly composed and thought out, every element of the screen communicates something interesting, and the rhythm is masterfully controlled. Aoki is a great entertainer."

Edit: Some people have had trouble finding this so I'll help out with a link as monir suggests. Short works by Studio 4C. Those are all of the short works we currently have on AnimeSuki. (There were more in the past, but those torrents are history.) If the movie for Kung Fu Love is ever made, it will get its own page, but until then it will have to share space with the rest of the shorts.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-02-28 at 02:08.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 20:51   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'm a fan though I admit I'm a very recent fan of this 4°C studio. I mistakenly dl'ed one file which turns out to be a collection of short scenes with music on it. When I took a look at it, I was pleasantly surprised by the unexpected luck because otherwise, I would have been ignorant of the fact how good they are. They are like the band Gorrilaz but only better and diverse with their ideas of animation for their music videos. I also recently got my hands on a DVD (could it be the Amazing Nuts that you speak of?) that is supposed to be more of these music videos which I've yet to see it.

Anyway, I'm glad they intend to make a film. I'm getting the pilot as I'm writing this post. Here is the link for others who would want to watch the 10 minute pilot as well. Add it to your opening post, NoSanninWa-san, so the curious can fire up their BT right away without searching for it in the main page.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 20:53   Link #3
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Yeah I love them. Kung fu love was great. Love the whole style of it.
Really looking forward to tekkon kinkreet

Last edited by Haohmaru; 2007-02-26 at 21:05.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 07:06   Link #4
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
Oh, lord. All I can say is "MORE!"

This is the only exposure I've had to Studio 4C, but I can see why so many people can get so hooked so quickly. I found myself watching 'Kung Fu Love' all the way to the end, but it seemed like it only lasted for a minute. I found myself at a complete loss when it was actually over, and nearly flipping out. I knew it was only ten minutes, but it just couldn't be over! >.< Really, it's simply orgasmic.

I really hate to ask such a question, but.. Will we ever see more on AnimeSuki? >.<
Ama no Kagaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 08:38   Link #5
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

There's another one out Studio 4°C - Daisuke Nakayama's Global Astroliner. Gonna watch it now.
Edit: It's a gorillaz clip. It's cool, but not really my thing.

Last edited by Haohmaru; 2007-02-27 at 09:00.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 02:34   Link #6
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama no Kagaseo View Post
Oh, lord. All I can say is "MORE!"

This is the only exposure I've had to Studio 4C, but I can see why so many people can get so hooked so quickly. I found myself watching 'Kung Fu Love' all the way to the end, but it seemed like it only lasted for a minute. I found myself at a complete loss when it was actually over, and nearly flipping out. I knew it was only ten minutes, but it just couldn't be over! >.< Really, it's simply orgasmic.

I really hate to ask such a question, but.. Will we ever see more on AnimeSuki? >.<
There have been many more of Studio 4°C on AnimeSuki in the past, but unfortunately both groups that subbed them have vanished and their torrents are gone. If anyone wants to re-torrent them, it would be wonderful. Whatever happened to St-Law and JollyRoger? Will anyone retorrent their 4C stuff?

PS. Researching this response has just led me to the Gold Mine of JollyRoger's work. While JollyRoger is still dead, their last act was to release a huge torrent containing all of their works. It is 6.71 GB in size and contains a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with Studio 4°C, but you can find a good bit of good stuff there if you download selectively: JR's Big Batch of Everything

Studio 4°C works in that batch:
  • Proffesor Dan Petory's Blues
  • End of the World
  • Comedy
  • Higan
  • Mind Game
  • Tobira wo Akete
  • Hijikata Toshizo - Shiro no Kiseki

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-02-28 at 05:21.
Old 2007-02-28, 06:52   Link #7
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

First time for me to watch anything from Studio 4C and I admit I wasn't expecting much. But it was surprisingly very refreshing. I'm now thinking of getting that collection.
Old 2007-03-01, 00:53   Link #8
BatAttack
Gaou!!

For anyone that doesn't already know, Studio 4C also did the production for Mahou Shoujotai (also knows as Tweeny Witches, or sometimes Arisu! The Adventure - or something like that).
BatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 03:01   Link #9
crall

After I watched Amazing nuts back in December. I actually thought to myself that Kung fu love, if it was treated the correct way, had the potential to be turned into a decent movie/series.
Last weekend when I found out that that might acctually happen. I was a bit surprised and to be honest, I felt a bit pleased with myself aswell.
crall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 17:19   Link #10
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I was searching for GeGeGe no Kintaro Fansubbed thread I misspelled it so I was searching through this section to get the correct spelling well the title caught my eye . I intially felt going by the title it was loosely inspired by Kung Fu Hustle so I checked the thread to get a synopsis .

To be honest I had never heard of Studio 4°C before till reading NSW article and also Monir's post . I was fascinated by the art styles in the screen captures provided . I have to say its diffrent and I love diffrent so am waiting for that 6.71 gb torrent to download . Thanx for the listing NSW ^^
Old 2007-03-05, 18:37   Link #11
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

You're downloading all 6.71 GB? I'd like to point out that you don't have to download the entire torrent. I specifically listed all the works by Studio 4C specifically to help people who aren't interested in everything JR has every fansubbed. I'll reiterate this here in case anyone is confused about this: You only have to download a few of those files unless you're just curious about the rest of JR's catalog of fansubs.

Old 2007-03-05, 18:48   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I did read the clarification stated earlier in the older posts but Sorting that torrent for Studio 4°C is quite tedious and well most , you could say all the anime listed there havnt been watched by me . So eventhough its 6.71 gb its a win win situation for me I guess
Old 2007-03-05, 19:09   Link #13
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Incidently my favorites in that torrent are Sweat Punch\Comedy, Mind Games and Tobira wo Akete. All three are shockingly different and shockingly good.

Old 2007-03-05, 19:15   Link #14
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Will surely check them out , what got me intrested were those screen caps/pics posted in the links . Its diffrent and looks very stylish so was very intrested in knowing more /checking them out . I actually got intrested XXXHOLiC due to its signature Clamp art style also thanx for going through the trouble of listing the torrents would have never got to check them out otherwise ^^
Old 2007-03-10, 19:19   Link #15
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I watched the first 2 ep of Sweat Punch what to say I am speechless in a good way . The straight line is a human creation part was fun , the author/writer has given us a provoking though on human nature via aliens . The other story about a women and her lover should have been continued in ep2 as a preveiw to the main story . The series has used metaphor and comparisions in a good way very much like Aesop's Fables .