AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 14:02   Link #881
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I don't know if this question had already been asked but what physics and metaphysics were present in the novels and the anime? Can you point me to a thread that has it already or can you explain it to me without getting to confusing because it was too much for me to understand then but after reading a few books I starting to understand it.
Old 2008-09-26, 20:50   Link #882
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I don't know if this question had already been asked but what physics and metaphysics were present in the novels and the anime? Can you point me to a thread that has it already or can you explain it to me without getting to confusing because it was too much for me to understand then but after reading a few books I starting to understand it.
The Ontology of Suzumiya Haruhi

Old 2008-09-28, 16:54   Link #883
xemteexx

I'm sure this question has been asked and discussed numerous times, but I am somewhat new to the series and I didn't want to go through all the discussions to find the answer.

I saw all the episodes of season 1 already and I haven't really read the novel/manga besides the Disappearence volume.

I know that there is something between Haruhi and Kyon. It's obvious. But I ALWAYS wonder what is up with Kyon and Haruhi/Mikuru. I want to think that Kyon really does have deep feelings for Haruhi, but tries to deny it to himself and tries to reject that feeling, but it's still what he feels subconsciously. However, whenever I watch him and especially after reading Disappearence, I always get this feeling that he really, really likes Mikuru and wants to be with her, but cannot because he has to keep Haruhi from doing anything to the world-- which means that he has to stay away from Mikuru. It just seems like he'd rather be with Mikuru, but is stuck with Haruhi instead, much to his dismay.

It seems like Kyon's always happier to see Mikuru and would be with her if she doesn't try to stay away from him for Haruhi's benefit. Does it seem like that to anyone? Like Kyon has more feelings for Mikuru than Haruhi? I still haven't read enough of the novel to analyze Kyon's feelings any deeper or try to understand what he is thinking.. So, that's why I wanted to ask you, who probably read the majority or all of the novel already. What is your opinion of Kyon and his feelings for Haruhi and Mikuru?
Old 2008-09-28, 16:59   Link #884
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by xemteexx View Post
I'm sure this question has been asked and discussed numerous times, but I am somewhat new to the series and I didn't want to go through all the discussions to find the answer.

I saw all the episodes of season 1 already and I haven't really read the novel/manga besides the Disappearence volume.

I know that there is something between Haruhi and Kyon. It's obvious. But I ALWAYS wonder what is up with Kyon and Haruhi/Mikuru. I want to think that Kyon really does have deep feelings for Haruhi, but tries to deny it to himself and tries to reject that feeling, but it's still what he feels subconsciously. However, whenever I watch him and especially after reading Disappearence, I always get this feeling that he really, really likes Mikuru and wants to be with her, but cannot because he has to keep Haruhi from doing anything to the world-- which means that he has to stay away from Mikuru. It just seems like he'd rather be with Mikuru, but is stuck with Haruhi instead, much to his dismay.

It seems like Kyon's always happier to see Mikuru and would be with her if she doesn't try to stay away from him for Haruhi's benefit. Does it seem like that to anyone? Like Kyon has more feelings for Mikuru than Haruhi? I still haven't read enough of the novel to analyze Kyon's feelings any deeper or try to understand what he is thinking.. So, that's why I wanted to ask you, who probably read the majority or all of the novel already. What is your opinion of Kyon and his feelings for Haruhi and Mikuru?
Well, since he spends almost the entirety of Disappearance thinking about Haruhi...

To me, Mikuru is sort of his way of subconsciously rejecting his real feelings for Haruhi, sort of "I'd much rather be with this girl than I ever would be with Haruhi." Nonetheless, he constantly wishes that Haruhi would be more like Mikuru, not because he prefers Mikuru, but because he prefers Mikuru's personality type and wishes Haruhi, who he likes, would be more like that.

Besides, Vol. 7 pretty much knocks Mikuru out of the running, for various reasons. Besides, we know for a fact that she never gets together with Kyon...

Also, don't forget Yuki as a possibility. Many fanboys will chase you with fire and pitchforks if you do.
Old 2008-09-28, 19:39   Link #885
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yes, many. For a long time.
Old 2008-09-29, 03:19   Link #886
Falcon1991
K-ON and Haruhi fan

Is this the real SOS Brigade site?

http://sosbrigade.com

It looks like it was made by Kyon. I tried to join the gang but got an error. WAH!!!
Old 2008-09-29, 09:34   Link #887
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon1991 View Post
Is this the real SOS Brigade site?

http://sosbrigade.com

It looks like it was made by Kyon. I tried to join the gang but got an error. WAH!!!
Yeah, that's the real site.
Old 2008-09-29, 10:49   Link #888
Falcon1991
K-ON and Haruhi fan

Goodness. Wow.

So I tried to join but got an error message, though I was using Google Translate. Hmm...
Old 2008-10-04, 09:35   Link #889
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Isn't there suppose to be a second season?

Old 2008-10-04, 10:41   Link #890
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIT or MISS View Post
Isn't there suppose to be a second season?
It will come out soon. And by "soon," I mean at some point in the future. Meaning that no matter how long we wait, it will always be just a little bit further away, because "soon" will never become "now," simply changing into a different "soon."
Old 2008-10-05, 02:01   Link #891
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I just saw this one. Is this the full Hare Hare Yukai dance, including the other positions within this image?

Are these notebooks?

Haruhi looks like she's an otherworldly/sci-fi otaku or something....

Last edited by bhl88; 2008-10-05 at 02:18.
Old 2008-10-07, 11:11   Link #892
Falcon1991
K-ON and Haruhi fan

Out of interest, on the official SOS Brigade website, after you sign up to be a member and it says it is sent, if you wait, do you become a member, what do they have on the site? Or is it all a joke?
Old 2008-10-08, 15:06   Link #893
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I just saw this one. Is this the full Hare Hare Yukai dance, including the other positions within this image?
*img snip*
Yes. In case you didn't know, and for those who don't know, the original images are here. Click コンテページ or ミラー.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Are these notebooks?

No. From left to right.
Animation Directors' correction works.
Jigsaw puzzle.
Stamp set.

Last edited by thirdlc; 2008-10-14 at 15:54.
Old 2008-10-23, 11:24   Link #894
Falcon1991
K-ON and Haruhi fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon1991 View Post
Out of interest, on the official SOS Brigade website, after you sign up to be a member and it says it is sent, if you wait, do you become a member, what do they have on the site? Or is it all a joke?
*Cough*
Old 2008-10-27, 05:58   Link #895
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Question:
Which released album contains most BGM (Background music) of SHny ?

Thank in advance =]
Old 2008-10-27, 09:27   Link #896
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Question:
Which released album contains most BGM (Background music) of SHny ?

Thank in advance =]
You want the CDs for the radio show.
Old 2008-11-12, 00:34   Link #897
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
What is the deal with Haruhi RPG and where do I find it? Also, where do I find the sprites and what game is it from?
Old 2008-11-12, 00:44   Link #898
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
What is the deal with Haruhi RPG and where do I find it? Also, where do I find the sprites and what game is it from?
Its from the Haruhi PS2 game, Suzumiya Haruhi no Tomadoi.

In the game, Haruhi demands the SOS dan to create a game that she is satisfied with, if not the world loops over and over the few weeks.

You can create lots of games in different genres, you have to plan the schedule for SOS-dan members who are already busy with their school stuff. If you have a bad plan and a member couldn't produce something of standard, it piles up and you may fail in producing something good. Haruhi just asks you to restart, literally.

Its a pretty difficult game even for the Japanese themselves, its a visual novel that uses much brains.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-25, 21:30   Link #899
CGUE

What is with the chemical, mathematical expressions and equations in the intro?
Old 2008-11-26, 01:55   Link #900
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGUE View Post
What is with the chemical, mathematical expressions and equations in the intro?
The Ontology of Haruhi Suzumiya: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31405
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Closed Thread