AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 75 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 12.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.48%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-30, 21:27   Link #101
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori
Yes, well, the episode shuffle does make you think about the sequence of the episodes, but it's not quite the bang that makes you go "OMG, what just happened? 'Cuz that was the coolest thing ever!" Since I'm already used to the shuffle, it's just a natural part of the anime now. ^^;

Hey, I'm not complaining, I was just expecting something else... but this ending's fine with me.
I think you misunderstood what VCV meant. It's not the shuffling itself that will deliver, but the fact that the episodes that are shown in the end will be the climax of the whole series. In other words, despite having shown the last episode according to the chronological order, the best part is still to come.
Old 2006-05-30, 21:41   Link #102
Knavinusa

It seems to me that they decided to re-arrange the episodes in order to pass all the episodes that would seem "boring" to a casual Haruhi viewer, so that all the exciting parts would be left at the end instead of leaving the series with something uneventful.
Old 2006-05-30, 21:59   Link #103
arias

In case anyone didn't notice, when Tsuruya talks to Kyon, she says something like:

"Now I get it.."

That's most probably in reference to the scarf that Mikuru put on him : p
Old 2006-05-30, 22:33   Link #104
Hanatori
Yarr.

Well, a climax at the end is good too. I prefer just watching the whole anime and trying to piece it together in the sequence of the novels. They still haven't really reached the climax(es? o_o) of the first volume of the novel series, right? I was just speaking of this episode as the ending of the whole thing. But yes, the best is yet to come.
Old 2006-05-30, 22:34   Link #105
Forever
Revealing the truth

At the last part, kyon was regretting falling asleep as he missed out on mikuru changing, that he should have pretended to fall asleep instead. So Kyon isnt as upright as I thought he would be... Closet Pervert Kyon really wants to see MIkuru changing than running outside like some honest gentleman....
Old 2006-05-30, 22:41   Link #106
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
well, we are hearing his inner thoughts. All hetrosexual men has the same thoughts, and if you deny that...you LIE!

:lol:

Kyon => Representative of Male-kind
Old 2006-05-30, 22:44   Link #107
porchoky

Of course, any normal guy would be thinking the exact same thing.
anyone think they'll end the seires with the 'sequel' to the first movie? would be an intersting way to conclude, espeically if its as hiliarious as the first one
Old 2006-05-30, 23:01   Link #108
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
well, we are hearing his inner thoughts. All hetrosexual men has the same thoughts, and if you deny that...you LIE!

:lol:

Kyon => Representative of Male-kind
Yes I cannot deny it. I was in the same boat as Kyon this episode.

I could have done without the 3 minutes of radio broadcast with Yuki, so I gave the episode an 8 instead of the 10 I felt it would have deserved otherwise. It was just a bit too long on anime I haven't watched, and what have you. Oh well. The romantic moments were still great.
Old 2006-05-30, 23:03   Link #109
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

This episode means all that much more now that I've caught up to vol6 of the novel. Things fit much better from that perspective. Assuming if a season 2 of Haruhi comes, I hope that the audience will refer back to this episode and go on a treasure hunt for all the memorabellas within the confines of the SOS clubroom. The whole 3 minutes with Yuki suddenly takes on a whole different level for me actually...
in some ways, I feel Kyon pulling me as a viewer in very strongly as I went on a trip through memory lane with him...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-05-30, 23:28   Link #110
Taylor--
!

Great episode, a bit slow at some parts but still great! Anyone know what that card game Kyon was playing with Koizumi is called/about?
Old 2006-05-30, 23:58   Link #111
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Random brain gas: I'm trying to count the number of times an attractive girl I wasn't dating willingly changed clothes/undressed "while I had to keep my back turned" (or any other variation on that) .... I came up with two. Once in high school, once in college.

These guys are *always* getting to listen to girls change clothes ...
My culture never seems to steal the right things from other cultures
Old 2006-05-31, 00:21   Link #112
Mr.Grudge
Doctor of Overkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
This episode shows that we need more Tsuruya!
Quoted for Truth!

I dunno, I didn't like this one much, just too slow of an episode. I just hope it's not the 'finale' episode as I prefer when things end with a bang instead of a whimper, so to speak.
Old 2006-05-31, 00:26   Link #113
Mr.Grudge
Doctor of Overkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Also Vexx, were the American Network Season Finales actually that retarded as to all finish on cliffhangers (are they that out of touch with logic, reason and not having hack writing). Well there's a reason I deliberately avoid network television, and I'm going to just keep on doing it.
Well, I was only following Prison Break and 24 this year and yes, those two ended with cliffhangers. Then again what season of 24 hasn't ended with one?
Old 2006-05-31, 00:33   Link #114
Mr.Grudge
Doctor of Overkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori
Thought it was a slightly boring ending... You'd think this series would go off with a bang, right? Well, this is a sweeter alternative.
I guess it could have worked for me if it was actually shown at the end of the series, but now since I've already seen it I know that the ending is not going to be exciting ahead of time so it's a bit of a downer.
Old 2006-05-31, 00:43   Link #115
Green²
It's bacon!

As this perhaps first... second be...
Old 2006-05-31, 01:08   Link #116
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(prohibited material).
Spoiler:

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-05-31, 02:19   Link #117
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I'm kind of sad after watching this episode. It was truly enjoyable and as many people said Haruhi's actions towards the end made it one of the best episodes of the series (if not the best), but now I feel like it is over when I still have more to watch. I've yet to see the merit in presenting the episodes in this fashion. I would have preferred viewing them chronologically, though of course when I see a new torrent I rush to download it and watch it... No self control.

Judging by the huge fanbase for this show (which seems to continue to grow) I would like to hope there is some kind of second season or something, though I say this for every great anime.
Old 2006-05-31, 03:33   Link #118
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Actually, you shouldn't watch the show in correct chronological order. You'll understand when you finish watching the show, you'll understand why they rearranged the episodes. It's not just a random move, put totally planned for maximum story and character development.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-06-28 at 21:34.
Old 2006-05-31, 03:40   Link #119
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
So I voted on the episode after watching the subs.

I'd have given it an 8 (which is a pretty good score from me, especially for a slice-of-life episode like this one), but Yuki's three minutes of reading knocked it down two places. Yes, I just didn't like how they did it for no discernable reason.
Old 2006-05-31, 03:40   Link #120
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just watched the sub for this episode.... (I threw it a 10).

I felt like I was watching a European art film -- and I mean that in a Very Good Way. Precise scripting ... just beautiful.

The attention to detail was glorious and the climax for me was that expression on Suzumiya's face when she handed Kyon that umbrella.

I feel sorry for Yuki's VA ... Yuki played such a tremendously key part in all the scenes without hardly a single word.

The main feeling I get from this "last" episode is that it isn't "over" at all. The camera may or may not come back (second season) but life will putter on.

I'll have to rewatch this a few times and see what I missed.