AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-16, 12:10   Link #21
Super Ska Master

Space Adventure Cobra

This is an old 70s anime. It was never dubbed or fansubbed. It is about a space pirate named Cobra with a gun in his arm called the psycho gun. It is a pretty good anime. I only know this, because that have episodes 1-19 subbed from a DVD rip on torrents, but they don't have the second half of the series. (That kinda made me sad cuz I was getting into it. If you have the other episodes, PM me! ^^;
Old 2007-02-16, 14:39   Link #22
Ialdaboth

The anime series is a little more recent than the 70s as it began airing circa 1982. But I agree, Cobra is a great Dezaki/Sugino anime series. There is also a splendid movie, with some Shichiro Kobayashi art designs, and more oniric than the TV anime series. Both are absolutely must-see.

I bought the collector French DVD set, and recommend it to anyone interested in this series :
http://www.nautilus-anime.com/detail...on-ultime.html
Old 2007-02-16, 18:08   Link #23
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

So ... where can we find this?
Old 2007-02-16, 18:10   Link #24
Super Ska Master

Does the French set have english subs?
Old 2007-02-16, 18:15   Link #25
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I doubt it, personally. But maybe someone can clear that up.
Old 2007-02-16, 18:47   Link #26
xris
Just call me Ojisan

ILA have fansubbed the first 19 episodes but it seems the site they hosted the torrents is no longer available. We used to link them on AnimeSuki but the links are no longer active. They might still be available via IRC.
Old 2007-02-16, 19:16   Link #27
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I see. Thanks.
Old 2007-02-17, 10:37   Link #28
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
I'd say wait a bit. Odds are their work on Cobra will show up on their tracker that is back up at some point, just like their Aim for the Ace stuff came back up to ep 11, Orguss up to 5 so far, and so on.
Old 2007-02-17, 11:02   Link #29
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Chicken! View Post
I'd say wait a bit. Odds are their work on Cobra will show up on their tracker that is back up at some point, just like their Aim for the Ace stuff came back up to ep 11, Orguss up to 5 so far, and so on.
I had a look at our db records and the last time the old ILA site was working was 11 months ago (actually, I'm not sure if that is 2005 or 2006 so it might be 23 months ago).

I would say the site was down for good. It may well be worth asking ILA directly if they have plans to revive those old torrents.

Sorry that this is off-topic to the actual discussion of the show. There is still the issue that ANN lists the show as licensed. Maybe that has something to do with the lack of torrents. BTW, earlier posts in this thread have already discussed the licensed / not-licensed issue.
Old 2007-02-18, 09:44   Link #30
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
Xris...check Asuki's series listing. Torrents for Aim for the Ace were re-added. They are on a NEW tracker these days. The group's website explains it all. Some of it is licensed fair of sorts (Astro Boy 2003, Dungeons & Dragons, etc) But stuff like Aim for the Ace, original Orguss, Lupin III Pilot Movie +First Series, and so on.

I even had to report when somebody tried to pull a fast on and posted up links to some of their licensed projects on the asuki main page relabeled as multi-gig sized parts of Afro-kun.
Old 2007-04-02, 19:14   Link #31
Super Ska Master

Quote:
I would say the site was down for good. It may well be worth asking ILA directly if they have plans to revive those old torrents.

Sorry that this is off-topic to the actual discussion of the show. There is still the issue that ANN lists the show as licensed. Maybe that has something to do with the lack of torrents. BTW, earlier posts in this thread have already discussed the licensed / not-licensed issue.
That'd be pointless. ILA is a bunch of assholes. If you ask them a bittorrent question on IRC, they permban you. I tried asking them how to download from bots and they kicked me out.

Last edited by Super Ska Master; 2007-04-03 at 21:37.
Old 2007-05-07, 21:05   Link #32
Magallanes
Oshiete Happiness

Thumbs up Space Adventure Cobra

Yesterday some fansub group republish this serie, really worth check it.

Title Space Adventure Cobra
Japanese Title スペースコブラ
Total Episodes 31
Genres Action, Adventure, Science-Fiction
Year Published 1982
Official Page http://www.buichi.com/

AFAIK never aired in North America but quite popular in the rest of America, Europe and Japan.

Space Adventure Cobra is about a ex-pirate sometimes after minded, sometimes unworried, sometimes decided (Like Monkey D. Luffy) and all the time in trouble cause a woman (like Sanji) with well created characters,a history not predictable, a bit of tragedy but always with a (some sort) happy ending.

This serie start with a guy that feel that their life lack some emotions (and money) so he decide to go to a "virtual vacation"... soon he find that their own life is just a facade. Yes, it's a lot like Total Recall with anmesia, guys that want to kill he and such.

Cobra's left arm hidden a psycho-gun, a cannon that can throw pure energy blast, also can be used in different ways, yes, much like Megaman. The energy used in the weapons came from the mind of Cobra, so (in theory) he have limited use of this weapons. He's also carry a old fashioned Magnum... He also carry a multi use cigar.

This serie featured nice characters, the women are inspired in Vampirella and the whole animation is more of the style of european comics rather that a common manga. There're different kind of enemies, everyone featuring a special power.

Even where there are not sex or gore in this serie, Space Cobra is more for a bit mature audience.
Old 2007-05-07, 21:55   Link #33
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

It's an okay series, nothing special i thought. I've watched 20 or so eps and ive given up on it. Cobra gets on my nerves to much for me to like it hehe. He sort of reminds me Ryo from City Hunter, but without the awsome factor Saeba has.

But then, it is a REAL classic lol, while it was never released in the US, it was released in the UK, France and Germany, though it ended after 18ep in the UK.
Old 2007-05-08, 00:25   Link #34
solomon

this show looked real cool especially for an 80s show. The animation holds up fairly well, and the designs are adapted excelently.
Closed Thread