AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-29, 11:05   Link #1301
Sunder the Gold

What does an Unstoppable Destroyer need with a "Material of Power" organ, as Levi is allegedly supposed to be?

Also, is this basically the end of Yuuno's contribution to the story? I notice that lacking Catridge Systems doesn't stop Chrono and Hayate from participating.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 11:23   Link #1302
Key Board
Carbon

I dunno.. maybe she needed split personalities to talk to

Hayate and Chrone compensate using two devices
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 11:25   Link #1303
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
It's because Hayate-chan has her staff, the book and Reinforce that they are able to fight, since they can Unison.

Chrono has two devices which gives him an edge, as well as a program that he installed into his first device.
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 11:28   Link #1304
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
I so want to see a CG of Hayate petting the twin's cat form.

Judging form the surprise in the Twin vs. Hayate.
So does Hayate can use the the cartridge system now?
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 11:48   Link #1305
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
She doesn't get a Cartridge System. It's because of the fact she has a book that acts as one device, her staff as another. And Reinforce as her Unison. This gives her an advantage as she is much stronger when Unison with Reinforce. Thus during one of the last battle matches you play as Unison Hayate-chan.
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 12:03   Link #1306
Aaron008R

Sorry for the wait! I got kinda lazy in between so there's a few hours delay. But here's Sequence 7!

Unlike previous sequences, Sequence 7 have 2 parts, namely Side-R And Side-P. The reference should be obvious once you read so without further ado, action start!

MGLN A's Portable: THE GEARS OF DESTINY

Sequence 7

Spoiler for Side-R:

Ugh... *sniffs*
Yeah. Side-R is a tearjerker.
But it doesn't end there! We still have...

Spoiler for Side-P:

*blows nose hard on a napkin*

Ahh... The Testarossa family... Never before has it been shown how tragic their entire story is... This game is BRILLIANT storyboard-wise.

Sad things aside, I am no longer sure if I can continue writing up Sequence 8 right now. In a few hours, I'll be heading back into the province where we don't have a computer. I can't bring home this laptop so I'm gonna be left with just my phone to access the internet. I guess I'll be able to pop up every now and then to make small posts, but the Sequence summaries will only resume in early January. I really hope, you guys won't mind.

Anyways, thanks for reading my reviews. I haven't have this much fun in writing for a looonng time!

And of course, it's a little early but HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!! >:3

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 12:09   Link #1307
Sunder the Gold

Returning to an earlier point, when Material-S and Yuuno meet in Sequence 2-4B, Yuuno sounds really angry about something before they start fighting.

Did Stern threaten Nanoha to provoke him into a fighting mood?
Old 2011-12-29, 12:18   Link #1308
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Linith TT_TT

Precia TT_TT

On other notes, Linith can kick your ass with a cane and Precia has the lowest HP of everyone.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 12:20   Link #1309
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
[*]One very interesting thing to note here is that if you're brave enough to let Fate hit you with Jet Zamber, you'll hear her use the same line that Rynith uses before attacking with Plasma Saber. This is Rynith's legacy, "Yami o tachikiru senkou no yaiba." The blade of light that rends the darkness.
I noticed that Linith says something different when she uses Plasma Saber against Nanoha.

For one thing, she shouts "Final/Last Spark" instead, like Fate does when throwing the magical spear at the end of a Genocide Shift attack.

@Laith: Given how Linith's device sparkles each time she swings to attack with it, I'm fairly sure she's using a spell to enhance the physical force behind it. There's no other way those brushing strokes could hit that hard.

Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 2011-12-29 at 17:29.
Old 2011-12-29, 12:22   Link #1310
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Dammit, I love the PSPverse. Can't they just animate this instead of wasting time and money with those rehash movies?
I don't disagree as a whole, but there are stuff that PSPverse can afford to do exactly because it's a game... and 'not main continuity canon', so to speak.

Sequence 7 is one example... It's definitely a touching mini-story that fleshes out the depth in the less-developed characters, but post-humous character development via graveyard extraction is... sketchy to execute, to say the least.

But on many other points...

This was what I wanted out of ViviD, darn it!

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 14:07   Link #1311
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

I'm glad the game doesn't go the "Precia regrets her actions against Fate" route.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 14:50   Link #1312
TheScarletSword
Befriender

Send a message via AIM to TheScarletSword Send a message via MSN to TheScarletSword
Well, finished story mode in it's entirety. Absolutely loved it!

Now, just need to work on arcade and misc. Though, what does Time Attack and Survival unlock? Same thing as arcade - character models/outifts?
TheScarletSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 16:12   Link #1313
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
So which one is actually the unstoppable engine of destruction?

If she doesn't want to be unstoppable, couldn't she give up Examia and become stoppable? Or less destructive?
Remember that they are programs, they have limitations and restrictions us organics do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I don't disagree as a whole, but there are stuff that PSPverse can afford to do exactly because it's a game... and 'not main continuity canon', so to speak.

Sequence 7 is one example... It's definitely a touching mini-story that fleshes out the depth in the less-developed characters, but post-humous character development via graveyard extraction is... sketchy to execute, to say the least.

But on many other points...

This was what I wanted out of ViviD, darn it!
True, though I don't need it to be a part of the main continuity, a separate continuity suits me just fine.

As for sequence 7... well, it's really not that much different from what A's pulled. Only building on it. Sketchy, but it worked. I'd even go as far as to say that the events in sequence 7 are far less out of place than the dream sequence in A's.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 17:02   Link #1314
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Linith TT_TT

Precia TT_TT
Wholeheartily agrees ToT

Linith is such a likeable character and a good, and caring fighter too. The game implied that she manage to fight various battles and keeped herself togheter as a Dark Piece out of sheer willpower. The scene of her farewell with Fate and Arf almost broke into tears(it i sawed that animated probably i'll be a moping man by now T-T).

Precia is great, i liked that the game acknowledged that her SS rank wasn't just for show as she indeed have tremendous power(again, interdimensional lightning attacks able to cripple entire TSAB cruisers). She's obviously a Glass Cannon but much like Hayate, you don't want to be in the path of one of her attacks. Her cold/obsesive attitude was ahndled ina very interesting way and her late realization was a nice and tearjerking touch(ahh.. scientist, they always seem to forget the most important-yet-simplest of things until it's too late xDU).

Again, amazing Job Aaron, it'll be hard to find another stuff to keep me and my weird mind entertained but i'll wait for your return, those reviews are very well done and this story is incredible. I must admit i was skeptcial about this game but you convinced me of liking it xD! See ya.

P.S.- Levi, Levi, Levi xD! You mischievous little devil, you're great xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 17:05   Link #1315
Justin_Brett

It doesn't seem like the manga characters have much to do in this story at all. Kind of a shame.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 17:18   Link #1316
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Sequence 8 is all theirs and they are part on Sequence 11 (Final).

But yeah this game is Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Materials/Gears feat. Everyone else.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 17:22   Link #1317
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Yeah but the good thing is that "everyone else" also receives good scenes and developement or at least some nice bits of shine at the very least xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 17:42   Link #1318
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
It doesn't seem like the manga characters have much to do in this story at all. Kind of a shame.
Spoiler for Ending spoiler:

Last edited by ZeroIchiNi; 2011-12-29 at 18:27.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 18:01   Link #1319
Sunder the Gold

I agree with Zero No Ichi.

What's the point of an interplanetary setting if you're not going to make use of the fact that the characters can travel to or come from different planets?

There's no need for alternate dimensions or time-travel. Those things are just cheap.

And removing any possiblity of further interaction between the three Aces and the Materials Three strikes me as dull and uncool.

Also, can anyone tell me what Stern said to piss Yuuno off before their fight?
Old 2011-12-29, 20:04   Link #1320
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Sequence 8 is all theirs and they are part on Sequence 11 (Final).

Well, characters who aren't there have some role in the story, even if it's just go here and do this. In the grand scheme of things though, Touma Vivio and Einhart are just kinda there. Even the game admits it.

I guess you can't really do major character development when their stories are still on-going, but you can't argue that they could have used some fleshing out at least a little.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote