AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-03-01, 19:58   Link #3461
D-Gold
Aurum

Spoiler for 134:
Old 2011-03-01, 20:07   Link #3462
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Gold View Post
Spoiler for 134:
You don't have to kill someone to "take care" of them. Just have them subdued. If they can't do anything then they aren't a threat no?

Plus they're demons so, I wonder if they can really BE killed.
Old 2011-03-01, 20:17   Link #3463
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Something did go wrong... and it did.
Old 2011-03-01, 20:30   Link #3464
NecocYaotl

I can't believe how this chapter has convert me from Haqua fan into a hater. Oh, well.
Kinda disappointed with the color page, I was expecting Tsukiyo and Luna for this one.
If in the next chapter, Haqua can't solve this problem with her own power, but instead with the help of someone else (whether it's passing by LC, Akari, Tenri/Diana etc) then Haqua won't be able to recover her name. And it will be worst if caused by her blunder, Fio will found out about Kanon upstair and give the last blow.
And looks like Fiore make an imitation of Haqua and Nora, maybe to deceive Keima when he's coming home?
And is Fiore deny herself of being a new akuma? Is there a possibility that she got her power by intentionally possess herself with a runaway soul?
One thing is, Nora unexpectedly acted more excellent than the supposed honor student. I guess with this Nora is officially an ally. Too bad Wakaki said that there is no ending for Nora in his blog (although this can also says that Wakaki makes the endings for another characters).

進撃の巨人
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 20:37   Link #3465
darkalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Because she might suspect him of being the one trying to kill the goddesses. First convince her that she can trust him, and then bring her to Tenri's house and have the two goddesses meet.
Not only that, but the goddess likely doesn't have her full power yet, so if Keima ended the capture prematurely and revealed the truth (before increasing Tsukiyo's love and thus Luna's goddess powers), Luna would be very vulnerable to Vintage.

Though I nearly ragged at the double-whammy ending of "so-close-yet-not-captured-yet-end" and the fact that there's no TWGOK chapter next week. With the current arc, TWGOK has become the manga that I'm looking forward to the most every week.

Oh yeah, it also looks like Fiore hijacked the shards of Nora's hagrome and used them to subdue both demons (she had two ripped shards, and threw them at Nora and Haqua, which subsequently transformed into their look-alikes).
darkalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 20:42   Link #3466
NecocYaotl

Fiore only takes off her mant, and she's already fully naked... Is she wearing nothing under her mant? At least she should considering wearing underwear or something. Is she some kind of an exhibitionist?

進撃の巨人
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 21:55   Link #3467
ReddyRedWolf

Well it has been shown in the Hinoki arc Haqua values the lives of fellow demons and the most merciful of them. Its not that Haqua is stupid but she didn't have much faith in Keima. Trusting her Human buddy is her problem from the beginning. It is something Nora has a problem as well. If we go by the level of competence Elsee and Keima is the model. The buddy fills the gap the demon is only there to catch the Weiss.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 23:12   Link #3468
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Haha at least one Goddess down hopefully the rest will appear soon. Tsukiyo as one is not really that surprising...
Old 2011-03-02, 00:16   Link #3469
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Names --- The girls which hold the goddesses inside all have names which are related to gods from different religions Nakagawa Kanon - Kannon, buddhist "goddess of mercy" Ayukawa Tenri - Tengri, mongolian god, or: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenrikyo Kujyō Tsukiyo - Tsukiyomi, moon god

A theory I found on wikipedia.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 01:15   Link #3470
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Names --- The girls which hold the goddesses inside all have names which are related to gods from different religions Nakagawa Kanon - Kannon, buddhist "goddess of mercy" Ayukawa Tenri - Tengri, mongolian god, or: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenrikyo Kujyō Tsukiyo - Tsukiyomi, moon god

A theory I found on wikipedia.
Actually, all the gods you mentioned are polythestic religions based on the Shinto-Buddhism-Taoism (and possibly hinduism, but checking through it is a waste of time because they have a thousand gods).

I doubled checked through all the Kanji of the other girls with my mum (who is a Taoist). And nope, none of them has goddess-related names. The only two other closest I could get is the kanji of surnames containing the word "temple" or "hall". And they are Yui Goido (五位堂) and Shiori Shiomiya (汐宮) ("Five-person temple" and "Evening-tide hall" literally and respectively). The next closest is Terada (寺田), which means "monastery field". And I just realised that Miyako is a tracker too, making her a potential candidate for Mercury.

Other girls with related names are Takahara (high plains), Kosaka (small hump/mountain), Haibara (rich plains)...not much other than explaining why they are all petta- *IS SHOT*.

Dammit! Why does everything have to point to the crossdresser and closet BL fangirl?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-03-02 at 01:27.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 01:36   Link #3471
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually, all the gods you mentioned are polythestic religions based on the Shinto-Buddhism-Taoism (and possibly hinduism, but checking through it is a waste of time because they have a thousand gods).

I doubled checked through all the Kanji of the other girls with my mum (who is a Taoist). And nope, none of them has goddess-related names. The only two other closest I could get is the kanji of surnames containing the word "temple" or "hall". And they are Yui Goido (五位堂) and Shiori Shiomiya (汐宮) ("Five-person temple" and "Evening-tide hall" literally and respectively). The next closest is Terada (寺田), which means "monastery field". And I just realised that Miyako is a tracker too, making her a potential candidate for Mercury.

Other girls with related names are Takahara (high plains), Kosaka (small hump/mountain), Haibara (rich plains)...not much other than explaining why they are all petta- *IS SHOT*.

Dammit! Why does everything have to point to the crossdresser and closet BL fangirl?
The only character that I have ever hoped to be a goddess was Miyako. Good to know that she is hinted at.
Old 2011-03-02, 03:31   Link #3472
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

One presumes that a goddess is going to bail the two demons out. Question is, will it be Tenri, possibly Tsukiyo, or even the fourth?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 04:15   Link #3473
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Haqua lost some points, while Nora gained a massive with her double-check. Too bad that they were both pinned down. But then now Fione blew her cover, which could be a good thing

One more thing, i'm not sure if whether the personalities of the doll was Vulcan (she was quite hot headed for someone in her stereotype) ? Or did she spread life into objects and give them some souls during process in returning for their voice/ sight/ ears?

Image what if Vulcan got back all her senses (and strength), then seeing her in Tsukiyo's body jumping up and down stalking after Keima... That will be like Haqua minus the tsundere

PS:
  • The best possible event next (2) week: Keima taking Tsukiyo to Tenri's house (he don't want to show a weaken Kanon in his room for more misunderstands after all) while Tsukio+Vulcan spend all that time thought that he's taking her back to his room. Image Tsukiyo frustrated when seeing another girl in his room, then turned totally red in embarrassment for the misunderstanding, before realised that he's 4-timings them (Tsukiyo, Kanon, Tenri, Shiori). The two very-angry-Goddesses gonna chase after Keima back to his home and kick Fione's ass
  • The worse possible events: Keima strengthen the Goddess and say goodbye to her. Then we start a new Goddess search...

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-03-02 at 04:31.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 04:48   Link #3474
paladinenvec

Nice chapter indeed it keeps the cliffhanger and Keima it's "DA MAN!" for making that bold move on Tsukiyo , i dunno why ppl said that Haqua lost some points ,at least to me she is still my favorite character (at the same level as Ayumi)the way that she let Fiore get out of the bottle was foolish indeed but i think that this naivety it's part of her charm too, not to mention that adds a little more drama and excitement for the arc, i agree that Nora got more points this arc though she's has a cool head and she can make some cute expressions too every now and then.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 05:28   Link #3475
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

PS:
  • The best possible event next (2) week: Keima taking Tsukiyo to his house house and he sleep with her on top of Kanon lolololol.
But seriously there's no way those two can get back before Fiore finishes off both of the devils and Kanon.
Old 2011-03-02, 05:50   Link #3476
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
The only character that I have ever hoped to be a goddess was Miyako. Good to know that she is hinted at.
The only thing worrying is that what kind of goddess she is going to be. If she is the indifferent "Minerva wishes to see you and Mars in action" pass-the-message-and-go type, it would be humourous to see her walk out on every piece of bad news to Keima after delivering it.

Miyako is cute, though I don't know what reason she has to fall in love with Keima. *grabs and takes her home*

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
One more thing, i'm not sure if whether the personalities of the doll was Vulcan (she was quite hot headed for someone in her stereotype) ? Or did she spread life into objects and give them some souls during process in returning for their voice/ sight/ ears?

Image what if Vulcan got back all her senses (and strength), then seeing her in Tsukiyo's body jumping up and down stalking after Keima... That will be like Haqua minus the tsundere
Vulcan is a hot-headed god in Greek mythology. While it is said that he creates thunderbolts for Zeus and swords for Hercules, he tests out these on the people living near the volcano when they fail to offer him proper sacrifices.

The goddess would probably want Keima to atone by sacrificing his own body. Not if Mars forces herself on him first. That is technically impossible to happen because Mars is yet to be revealed.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-03-02, 06:09   Link #3477
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
The only thing worrying is that what kind of goddess she is going to be. If she is the indifferent "Minerva wishes to see you and Mars in action" pass-the-message-and-go type, it would be humourous to see her walk out on every piece of bad news to Keima after delivering it.

Miyako is cute, though I don't know what reason she has to fall in love with Keima. *grabs and takes her home*
Someone stop him!

-SaintessHeart has been spotted by Luna!-

-Luna is angry for his infidelity and proceeds to hunt SaintessHeart non-stop!-
Old 2011-03-02, 06:30   Link #3478
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

Vulcan is a hot-headed god in Greek mythology. While it is said that he creates thunderbolts for Zeus and swords for Hercules, he tests out these on the people living near the volcano when they fail to offer him proper sacrifices.

The goddess would probably want Keima to atone by sacrificing his own body. Not if Mars forces herself on him first. That is technically impossible to happen because Mars is yet to be revealed.
I think I missed some of your posts so can you remind me why you keep thinking that Minerva and Mars are the ones that are in Yui and Shiori if they happen to be carriers? Also why is it that they seem to be yaoi-crazed fujioshis?
Old 2011-03-02, 06:54   Link #3479
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Someone stop him!
Too late. I made Miyako mine.

Quote:
I think I missed some of your posts so can you remind me why you keep thinking that Minerva and Mars are the ones that are in Yui and Shiori if they happen to be carriers? Also why is it that they seem to be yaoi-crazed fujioshis?
Most of the stuff are on page 171. I just extrapolated a fundamental analysis which eerily matches the technical one of Meo/Kuroi. And in trading, when a technical analysis matches that of a fundamental, there is a high chance that it will happen.

And Shiori being a closet BL fangirl? Tamaki reintroduced her at the start of the hunting arc, adds a footnote at the end of 123 congratulating her reappearance, THEN PUTS HER BLUSHING AT A BISHIE YUI ON TOP OF KEIMA WHILE IMAGINING THAT IT IS A BOY-ON-BOY RELATIONSHIP? It is either he is trolling us, or that he is just appealing to his female readers.

Yui is the aggressive type girl who is mistaken for a guy. Shiori is quiet but she made no effort to stop Yui from getting on top of Keima, but rather watches from the side as though she is enjoying it. And her speech thereafter "You have to be white in the library!", a spoonerism which "With" and "quiet" are portmanteau, probably is intended as "You have to be 'with a boy'!" (basically the title of the book she is holding), cuing to the possibility that she is corrupted by that scene.

Whatever goddesses is contained within Shiori or Yui, it doesn't spell anything good for the readers because all the goddesses have shown a streak for abusing their powers. And from what I get, the fan reception of Shiori being a yaoi-fangirl is positive due to the fact that it is not only humourous, but makes her look cuter - so there is a chance that Tamaki might incorporate that into her character indefinitely. Get that brain-bleach and wakizashi ready.

Old 2011-03-02, 16:13   Link #3480
MartianMage

Sooo... any idea why the latest chapter is titled "Strike Witches?"
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen