AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-10-22, 06:04   Link #1141
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
I don’t really think it’s all that complicated. Ichigo has always had a hard time getting in touch with his shinigami powers. I’m pretty sure it took eight books before he learned Zangetsu’s name (correct me if I’m wrong—I’m doing this based on memory).
Ichigo's always had a hard time taking complete control over his power. But getting in touch with and communicating with zangetsu was something he had to master in order to learn bankai. I've got nothing else to say in regards to your other points.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 13:48   Link #1142
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Ichigo's always had a hard time taking complete control over his power. But getting in touch with and communicating with zangetsu was something he had to master in order to learn bankai.
Ah, that's true. Thanks for the correction.
Old 2012-10-22, 15:37   Link #1143
GusGus

Quote:
Being able to detect sarcasm is a comprehensive reading skill. Apparently you lack it. Or maybe you couldn’t come up with anything ‘snappier’ to say and tried to demean my intellect. Well, aren’t you just original?
Of course I got the sarcasm, that's why I was being condescending in the first place.

Quote:
The people of this forum will most likely be negative the majority of the time because of how hard Kubo trolls his readers, but we continue to read because we like Bleach. We can be upset and angry at something and still like it. We vent on the forums because we care about this series. If you can’t understand that than maybe you're at the wrong forum.
Well, that's a fair enough answer (minus the last sentence), you should have come with this instead of the unnecessary sarcasms.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 17:50   Link #1144
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
Well, that's a fair enough answer (minus the last sentence), you should have come with this instead of the unnecessary sarcasms.
My original post to you was to emulate the same tone you started with. If you want to be treated with respect and dignity than post with such—not just call out angry fans and tell them to stop ‘watching’ something that they read. Despite this though, I’m glad that you can understand where I and other upset fans are coming from. I rather us come to a consensus than continue this discussion. It is rather pointless and derivative by now.
Old 2012-10-22, 21:36   Link #1145
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Ichigo's always had a hard time taking complete control over his power. But getting in touch with and communicating with zangetsu was something he had to master in order to learn bankai. I've got nothing else to say in regards to your other points.
Not exactly. Yorurichi used Urahara's training device to force Zangetsu to manifest. All Ichigo had to do then was fight Zangetsu into submission. He had reached a point where he was beginning to gain better understanding of Zangetsu (after fighting Kenpachi) but he had not yet learned to talk with him at will and didn't have to learn that in order to obtain his bankai.

Ichigo didn't learn proper communication with Zangetsu through jinzen until Isshin taught him right before he was about fight Aizen. Before that, he could call Zangetsu's power, but he wasn't actually communicating directly with him.

Though it hasn't been said outright, I'm guessing Zangetsu did return and Ichigo can still intuitively call on his powers like he did before though Zangetsu hasn't manifested himself yet.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 22:18   Link #1146
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Not exactly. Yorurichi used Urahara's training device to force Zangetsu to manifest. All Ichigo had to do then was fight Zangetsu into submission. He had reached a point where he was beginning to gain better understanding of Zangetsu (after fighting Kenpachi) but he had not yet learned to talk with him at will and didn't have to learn that in order to obtain his bankai.

Ichigo didn't learn proper communication with Zangetsu through jinzen until Isshin taught him right before he was about fight Aizen. Before that, he could call Zangetsu's power, but he wasn't actually communicating directly with him.
I think I might be using a more broad and generalized sense of the term "communicate" in comparison to you. From the way I see it, communication between a shinigami and their zanpakuto spirit isn't just limited to direct communication--whether it be the spirit manifesting in the physical realm or the shinigami delving in their own inner world.

I see communication as having occur whenever a shinigami consciously taps into their zanpakuto's spirit to borrow and/or share power, whether it be a boost in reiatsu or to utilize the zanpakuto's abilities. And since the very act of borrowing and sharing implies that communication take place on some level, from that stems the basis of my perspective on the issue. In that sense, Ichigo started to gain a firm grasp on how to communicate with Zangetsu since the end of his battle with Kenpachi. Afterall, this was when he was able to clearly feel and witness the difference between working alongside his zanpakuto's spirit and fighting alone.

So I consider having learned bankai to be the point at which he mastered the art of communicating with zangetsu's *shinigami* powers at will. I emphasize the term "shinigami" only because we all know there was a whole other side to those powers he still had to deal with before he could finally take control of the sum total of his potential.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-10-22 at 22:40.
Old 2012-10-23, 06:54   Link #1147
ronin myael
lost ronin

what i want to know is what happened to ichigo's hollow side? i kinda miss that crazy dude. did he lose it when he lost his shinigami powers? so does that mean he doesn't have it anymore now that he has regained his powers? if that's the case then i'm a bit disappointed. i liked the vizard ichigo. heck, i like his hollow side more than ichigo himself!
Old 2012-10-23, 07:54   Link #1148
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

prediction:

Ichigo try to attack Bach

Bach use Yama-jii Bankai

Squad Zero appear

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 13:20   Link #1149
Inarius
★★★★★

nope'd

Spoiler for 513:
Old 2012-10-23, 13:43   Link #1150
sayde

lol. I'm seeing people across various forums thinking & hoping those spoilers to be false. I have to admit, I'll have a big grin on my face if this turns out to be true though. Even though I felt like it was easy to see coming, it'll be nice to know I can finally start making some serious speculations on the matter.
Old 2012-10-23, 13:48   Link #1151
Inarius
★★★★★

oh they're real alright...they've been confirmed by the medaka box spoilers guy and the one piece spoilers guy

Spoiler for 513:
Old 2012-10-23, 14:11   Link #1152
sayde

Well, if that's true, then it looks like Ishida is going to have start training his new brother from another mother. Byakuya will have to finally RIP. And kubo will have officially completed the framework necessary to make Ichigo out to be a GOD once all is said and done.

Seriously, giving Ichigo quincy powers, might as well be tantamount to giving Ichigo freaking sage mode. So say hello infinite GT. If you thought you got spammed enough as it is, you haven't seen anything yet. Plus, keeping in mind the mechanics behind how his bankai works, if he can learn to combine the ability to absorb extra reishi from the environment with his bankai, that could potentially mean...well...let me just say the term "OP" would be putting it lightly.

Honestly, I'm still not convinced he even needs Quincy powers. His final bankai form seemed overpowered enough as it is.
Old 2012-10-23, 19:27   Link #1153
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So those fucking spoilers are true?

Jesus f**king Christ, Ichigo's got Quincy blood now? So all of those theories about Masaki being a Quincy might actually be true????? And all I thought was that they are fan theories.

And Ishida gets f**ked over somehow. Because only Ichigo is allowed to rule.

Otherwise, finally RIP NII-SAMA who should've fucking died chapters ago....Now Kubo can finally put everyone else out of their misery since we all know it be about Ichigo for good now...with occasional interludes from Rukia and Renji whenever Kubo needs Villian fodder.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 00:08   Link #1154
ronin myael
lost ronin

lol so kubo really did go the quincy route eh? well, if it's true then i can't say it would come as a shock. after what kishi did with tobi, i won't be surprised anymore.
Old 2012-10-24, 00:17   Link #1155
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Byakuya may still be alive.

Someone pointed out that

Quote:
Unfortunately, he could still come back. Renji's hilt was destroyed when he fought Byakuya the first time too. And he's still alive, albeit unconscious on a rock pile.
Zanpakutou is basically made up of spirit particles, and the sheer number of Quincy running loose in Soul Society will absorb anything, including Zanpakutou fragments, as fuel for their powers.

But I WTF'd when Ichigo used Blut Vene.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 00:54   Link #1156
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

So when the enemies were Shinigami, Ichigo gained Bankai(Shinigamification).

When the enemies were Arrancars, Ichigo gained Hollow powers(Hollowfication).

When the enemies were fulbringers, Ichigo gained a Fulbring(Fulbringification)

Now the enemies are Quincie's, Ichigo began gaining Quincy powers(Quincification)

Next, the enemy will probably be a God/Spirit King, so following this logic(Godification or Spirit Kingfication)

SO, Godchigo is just a matter of time...
Old 2012-10-24, 01:03   Link #1157
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

I don't really know how to feel about this chapter. It was pretty predictable besides the sword in the throat, take-him-back-to-the-base whatnot. I don't know what Blut Vene is either. Is that a move that has been used in the past and I just don't remember? Or have I not been paying enough attention in this new arc?
Old 2012-10-24, 01:07   Link #1158
Meltyred

Oh hey Ichigo can use Quincy powers, ugh, dropping bleach.
I can't stand reading this train wreck anymore

I rather watch REAL Bleach. At least I need to use it more often.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 01:09   Link #1159
SeanQ

And Ichigo is now a substitute quincy dun dun dun
Old 2012-10-24, 01:11   Link #1160
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
whoa whoa whoa. someone please explain that last page for me. wtf happened?

Tags
bleach, chapter