2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-12-16, 21:14   Link #41
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
That still doesn't explain how nobody noticed a giant assault carrier being brought in.....

Good lord I could bring in a Titan from Warhammer 40K (Which is 500x the size of a Gundam) and apparently according to this universe nobody would notice....
I need co clarify something

According to this scene, gunpla didn't actually move a lot... and the battleground always larger than they appear in reality.

And remember, they have ENTIRE EARTH and the low orbit as battleground, a Gaw is nothing but a speck to the players

(Besides, Titans are NOT that big except when artworks are involved )
Old 2013-12-16, 21:53   Link #42
Aurelis
Daydreamer

This series continues to deliver good story pacing with really likeable characters, including the pilots opposing our protagonists. I mean, who would have thought that I'll actually be okay with casanova Ricardo or sympathize with the fallen boyfriends. That battle was both hilarious but very dangerous, as I cannot see Ricardo getting out of his situation on his own. At least we get to see the Meteor Hopper in action and that beam rifle on its shoulder. I guess the beam cape and lance is next to be featured. Though it was the Gaw and the Epyon in Shenlong's colours that made the match exciting. I wished Garma was there to witness the majestic attempt of a suicidal Gaw.

Being saved by Maoh almost sealed the certainty of a 3-man team comprised of Star Build, Fenice and Maoh. That's a lot of firepower for a team and I'd like to see how well coordinated they'll be. Mao seems the most level-headed so far out of the three, but his sly smile, almost convinced me that he was going to fire his satellite cannon at both Reiji and Thailand's champion.

Luang's Abigorbine MS may not be the most outlandish but his calculated and skillful moves, can only be equalled by Nils/Yuuki/Aila thus far. This goes the same for Nils, staying low profile in his Astray is a very smart move, in terms of moving to the next round with minimal wear on his Gunpla. The Zeon machines of Qubeley and Kampfer are really proving to be the toughest challenges and their pilots in their ridiculous getup, are top tiers too. The whole tournament fighters should have focused on bringing these 2 down now. I was relieved that Yuuki was just acting his part as Meijin instead of suddenly being obsessed.

One thing though, while the Kampfer has been doing very well, I think it's more about the fighter being Yuuki who has excellent control, but I wonder if the Kampfer has more to offer. Surely, PPSE, the team with the best knowledge of Plavsky, would be able to impress us with something extraordinary, hell, even Trans-Am like performance would be very impressive.

Regarding the ending, it looked more like a 1/32 Jumbo Grade Zaku II though maybe I'm in denial that there's no way someone brought a statue 1/12 shop display to a Gunpla match. That Zaku armour would be dense as hell to penetrate although it's significant size, as history has shown, will prove to be its downfall once Star Build shows off his next move. Probably gonna pierce and fly through the Zaku II.

Lastly, I'm getting very curious about Reiji's existence and what's in store for both him and Aila. Though I almost forgot that these characters aren't even 16 yet.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 23:19   Link #43
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Speaking of that Kawaguchi person:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/1...lebration.html

That is the same person Meijin is based on, right?
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 23:46   Link #44
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post

Yes, that's said Kawaguchi.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 00:12   Link #45
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post

There's some really scary-looking Beargguys.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 00:35   Link #46
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
This series continues to deliver good story pacing with really likeable characters, including the pilots opposing our protagonists. I mean, who would have thought that I'll actually be okay with casanova Ricardo or sympathize with the fallen boyfriends. That battle was both hilarious but very dangerous, as I cannot see Ricardo getting out of his situation on his own. At least we get to see the Meteor Hopper in action and that beam rifle on its shoulder. I guess the beam cape and lance is next to be featured. Though it was the Gaw and the Epyon in Shenlong's colours that made the match exciting. I wished Garma was there to witness the majestic attempt of a suicidal Gaw.

Being saved by Maoh almost sealed the certainty of a 3-man team comprised of Star Build, Fenice and Maoh. That's a lot of firepower for a team and I'd like to see how well coordinated they'll be. Mao seems the most level-headed so far out of the three, but his sly smile, almost convinced me that he was going to fire his satellite cannon at both Reiji and Thailand's champion.

Luang's Abigorbine MS may not be the most outlandish but his calculated and skillful moves, can only be equalled by Nils/Yuuki/Aila thus far. This goes the same for Nils, staying low profile in his Astray is a very smart move, in terms of moving to the next round with minimal wear on his Gunpla. The Zeon machines of Qubeley and Kampfer are really proving to be the toughest challenges and their pilots in their ridiculous getup, are top tiers too. The whole tournament fighters should have focused on bringing these 2 down now. I was relieved that Yuuki was just acting his part as Meijin instead of suddenly being obsessed.

One thing though, while the Kampfer has been doing very well, I think it's more about the fighter being Yuuki who has excellent control, but I wonder if the Kampfer has more to offer. Surely, PPSE, the team with the best knowledge of Plavsky, would be able to impress us with something extraordinary, hell, even Trans-Am like performance would be very impressive.

Regarding the ending, it looked more like a 1/32 Jumbo Grade Zaku II though maybe I'm in denial that there's no way someone brought a statue 1/12 shop display to a Gunpla match. That Zaku armour would be dense as hell to penetrate although it's significant size, as history has shown, will prove to be its downfall once Star Build shows off his next move. Probably gonna pierce and fly through the Zaku II.

Lastly, I'm getting very curious about Reiji's existence and what's in store for both him and Aila. Though I almost forgot that these characters aren't even 16 yet.
Nawp, its probably gonna use its rifle's hidden mode (hinted at in previous episode on the OS)

The shield can hook up to the rifle, while the top part folds backwards to rest on the shoulder, and as we have seen the shield have energy storing capabilities

So probably a shot rivaling the satellite cannon/TBR
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 01:20   Link #47
Blazer-X

Just realized something. Even though hes voiced by someone else (and Fellini is Italian Graham), Meijin Kawaguchi's lines about "Take a close look at the face of the Meijin" is very similar in tone to Graham's "Take a close look at my Masurao's special ability".

Also, later, when Allen ask him why he showed his face, his response is similar to Graham's response over why leaked information to Setsuna during the Azadistan conflict in S1.

More fanservice? Or just reading into it too much?
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 01:24   Link #48
RobotCat
In a Box

I wonder what the Kampher Amazing's Particle abilities are. It seems so far it just seems like a really souped up normal suit that's mostly showcasing Yuji's skills rather than the power of the gunpla. It should have something AMAZING up its sleeve considering it's built by PPSE who are supposed to be masters at manipulating PP.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 02:13   Link #49
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post

More fanservice? Or just reading into it too much?
More the latter I think. Kuroda, who's the scriptwriter for Build Fighters, was also the scriptwriter for Gundam 00, so I imagine there will be some script preference carryover.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 03:05   Link #50
tsunade666

Actually instead of asking how that big zaku was not noticed when someone was bring it.

the question is how the heck they placed it in the panel where they place the gunpla when the fight is starting.

its obvious it will needed a custom place for it which the organizer will happily supplied seeing the chairman had that smile.
Old 2013-12-17, 06:52   Link #51
NeutralZero

the panel was mainly used for launching the gunpla... they can just placed that huge abomination directly...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 09:33   Link #52
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, yeah, about that...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-12-17, 09:44   Link #53
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I need co clarify something

According to this scene, gunpla didn't actually move a lot... and the battleground always larger than they appear in reality.

And remember, they have ENTIRE EARTH and the low orbit as battleground, a Gaw is nothing but a speck to the players

(Besides, Titans are NOT that big except when artworks are involved )
Well no I'm specifically talking about prior when they all have to walk up to the stadium.

Duo's post pretty much says it all.

Generally speaking since they play with HG models they keep it in their pockets but something like the Gaw Carrier and Giant Zaku isn't something you can keep in a pocket...

I mean it's like going to a bird cage fight and everyone is bringing a small pigeon in a small bird cage and nobody notices the guy that's bringing a bird cage that's 5x the normal size.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 10:10   Link #54
noctis_lucis

I want to know more about Reiji, so is PSSE president originally from Reiji's world o has he traveled there?
noctis_lucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 14:07   Link #55
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Because of this show I have a constant urge to run down to the store and buy all the meatbuns.

Old 2013-12-17, 16:56   Link #56
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Because of this show I have a constant urge to run down to the store and buy all the meatbuns.

Not cool man lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 17:59   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I will say it's nice that they are touching back on the mystery surrounding Reiji. It's been a while since that was a major point of discussion. Even though he did literally disappear right in front of Sei's eyes in the first couple episodes. The fact that the one person that recognizes him is the chairman of that company is interesting.

Surprised they actually found the time to throw in another Reiji and Aila scene. Clearly both don't realize the other is a competitor yet. A few cute moments from Aila, though still obvious that the only things Reiji is interested is is food and gunpla .

Always good to have a chance to bring a Gundam back into the norm after it's amazing first episode. Star Build Strike definitely has its weak points and this is a stage where you'll see the best from all over. I'm sure they'll get another crack at the Thai champion.

It really is like Fellini to have so many people after him for revenge . Should make for a good team with Mao and Reiji later in the competition. Apparently he's still focused on Kirara who did react to him about to get bombed.

Definitely enjoying the episodes even more now. So many different gunpla and the chances for so many different matchups. Did especially like seeing Heavyarms in the series and it getting a chance to unleash at Aila's gunpla.
Old 2013-12-17, 23:24   Link #58
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

What the hell. So, are MGs allowed in this tournament now? After all thats way more balanced than a friggin fat otaku heaven statue.

EDIT: This repost is relevant -

Spoiler for BIG:

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2013-12-17 at 23:36.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 23:44   Link #59
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
What the hell. So, are MGs allowed in this tournament now? After all thats way more balanced than a friggin fat otaku heaven statue.

EDIT: This repost is relevant -

Spoiler for BIG:
Yes, by this point anything is fair.

It's just that HG kits are the most common, even for gigantic unit like MAs
Old 2013-12-18, 00:25   Link #60
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post

Bandai sales executive: "Dang! We advertised something else instead of Gunpla".

With regards to the different scales, I hope someone brings in a MG Ver Katoki. It'll be amazing to see the armours not falling off when it's just launching.

PS: Secretly wishes for AoZ Dandelion II.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote