AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-31, 13:38   Link #221
Tamekichi
流離っている

Here's the last four bios. I included the Witch Hunt translations of the dialogue from the video because they're much better than I could do and WH is awesome.

Spoiler for Claudia Kurosaki:

Spoiler for Alfredo Akagi:

Spoiler for Julie Hayashibara:

Spoiler for Madame Gianna:
Tamekichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 14:17   Link #222
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Wait....Ryukishi isn't doing all of the art in this????? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
(I just died a little inside, but I think I'll be fine...)

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 14:36   Link #223
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Ryukishi07 is only illustrating a few of the characters. I suppose it wouldn't make sense to exclusively use his drawings since it's not being marketed as a "sound novel".
Old 2012-06-01, 15:12   Link #224
-Kuroko-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Wait....Ryukishi isn't doing all of the art in this????? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
(I just died a little inside, but I think I'll be fine...)

Finally someone that shares my sorrow! I love R07 art, his character designs, facial expressions, everything! a 07th expansion novel without R07's drawing style it's just.. not the same.. everyone is happy about it but i'm mad and sad, when I read the afterword in Hane where R07 said he may stop drawing his novels.. I DID die a little inside..
-Kuroko- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 15:20   Link #225
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kuroko- View Post
a 07th expansion novel without R07's drawing style
Calm down, it's not like he didn't draw anything... he did all the backgrounds and a few characters. He said he just asked Square Enix to introduce him to other artists to help with that boatload of work of his. Can't blame the poor man.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 15:38   Link #226
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
he did all the backgrounds
Those are photos, though…
Old 2012-06-01, 22:33   Link #227
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Awesome I will have to get this game then now that there will be translation. I can't read enough Japanese at that level on my own. Can hardly wait!

A very good choice to use other artists! I'm overjoyed he is not doing the majority of the art. Everyone is not good at everything, but everyone is good at something. He does story best
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 05:08   Link #228
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kuroko- View Post
Finally someone that shares my sorrow! I love R07 art, his character designs, facial expressions, everything! a 07th expansion novel without R07's drawing style it's just.. not the same.. everyone is happy about it but i'm mad and sad, when I read the afterword in Hane where R07 said he may stop drawing his novels.. I DID die a little inside..
My thoughts exactly, down to the last word. The large hands are part of the experience!

To be fair though, as much as I love his art, he probably had various factors to think of. After all, most people are thrown off by his art as it's not easy to get used to, which may end up hurting the sales (I know a bunch of people who never bothered with the Umineko VN because they stupidly were unable to get over the art).

Well, this isn't all bad I guess...He is drawing SOMETHING, at least. And personally, I loved the art in Umineko EP4 manga, but well, I wouldn't be sure so about Tatarigoroshi's and Umineko EP2 hideous art....

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-06-02, 07:30   Link #229
Bern-san

Thanks for the translations! (and congratulations for your graduation^^)

Hope I'm fast enough to get a copy, and really happy to know that it will get translated by you guys! Thank you sooooo much.
After it gets released I don't know if I will avoid or not spoilers...

I'm quite satisfied with the character designs since I love them all and thanks to the coloring it doesn't look that strange with 4 different artists. I didn't like Higurashi designs but grew quite fond of Umineko's
Old 2012-06-02, 11:55   Link #230
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I don't think people complaining about his artwork is the reason Ryukishi07 only drew some of the characters. He did say that it was to make the workload somewhat manageable.

If they were worried about sales figures, 07th Expansion would be a commercial company, not a small doujin group.
Old 2012-06-02, 18:06   Link #231
Captain Bluebeard

Yeah, sure, but they've actually come a long way since Higurashi's copyrighted BGMs, I figured it's only natural they'd start becoming a bit more proffesional (plus there are way too many people out there complaining about Ryukishi's art, and they're even making patches to change it with the PS3 one -which is actually MUUUUCH uglier in Higurashi's case- . The only reason he doesn't give an old rat's ass about them is that he seems to be having so much fun drawing it).

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-06-02, 19:23   Link #232
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Heh, if they made the games too professional, there'd be less reason to buy the (considerably more expensive) console ports.

Honestly though, I'm sure Ryukishi07 is aware of the criticism. And there's evidence that he's been trying to improve his drawing style. Still, I don't think he wants to disappoint those who think of his drawings as an integral part of the experience.
Old 2012-06-03, 14:56   Link #233
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Yeah, sure, but they've actually come a long way since Higurashi's copyrighted BGMs, I figured it's only natural they'd start becoming a bit more proffesional (plus there are way too many people out there complaining about Ryukishi's art, and they're even making patches to change it with the PS3 one -which is actually MUUUUCH uglier in Higurashi's case- . The only reason he doesn't give an old rat's ass about them is that he seems to be having so much fun drawing it).
Where is this patch of the Higurashi art you speak of Sounds interesting
Old 2012-06-03, 15:02   Link #234
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Where is this patch of the Higurashi art you speak of Sounds interesting
I don't think I should link to it, but you can probably find more information by searching for the terms "higurashi" and "patch" using your favourite search engine.

Essentially it replaces the game's art with the art from the PlayStation 2 version.
Old 2012-06-03, 15:09   Link #235
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

For this game is it a series or just one game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
I don't think I should link to it, but you can probably find more information by searching for the terms "higurashi" and "patch" using your favourite search engine.

Essentially it replaces the game's art with the art from the PlayStation 2 version.
Thanks I'll try that I wonder if it works with the official translated one
Old 2012-06-03, 15:12   Link #236
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

This is going to be a series. Seven games, in fact. And like Higurashi and Umineko, Episode 3 will contain 2 and 1 too and so on.
Old 2012-06-03, 15:17   Link #237
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
For this game is it a series or just one game?
Only one game has been announced, and there's been no indication so far that it will be a series.

Quote:
Thanks I'll try that I wonder if it works with the official translated one
It definitely works with the official one. I don't know of a patch which works with the original Japanese version.

Quote:
This is going to be a series. Seven games, in fact. And like Higurashi and Umineko, Episode 3 will contain 2 and 1 too and so on.
Huh? Really? Does this come from Epitanime? I hadn't heard that…
Old 2012-06-04, 10:13   Link #238
Tamekichi
流離っている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Thanks for the translations! (and congratulations for your graduation^^)
You're welcome!
Tamekichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 10:18   Link #239
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Huh? Really? Does this come from Epitanime?
That's right. Unless I completely misunderstood Ryukishi's words (my Japanese is not stellar, but I'm pretty sure he said that ). Anyway, I'm sure summaries about Epitanime will come out soon enough.
Old 2012-06-04, 10:25   Link #240
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
That's right. Unless I completely misunderstood Ryukishi's words (my Japanese is not stellar, but I'm pretty sure he said that ). Anyway, I'm sure summaries about Epitanime will come out soon enough.
Ah, cool. A lot of people have written stuff about the Epitanime event on Tumblr, but I hadn't seen anything like that. Looking forward to the summaries.

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel