AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-11-09, 05:51   Link #821
neerod87

hey guys, i'm new here. i've finished watching the anime, now reading the manga vol 9 to 11, but those are raw ones. i've been trying my best to understand the story by looking at the pics and the chinese words. and, i've been searching for the english translated of vol 9 to 12 in almost every manga website, but i just couldn't find it anywhere! so anyone who knows any websites, pls tell me ya! thx so much! =)

n one more thing, i never realized that yano and take smokes! when did they start?

and i just found another manga by the same author (obata yuuki), it's called kimi no kachi (you win). if you like BGI, u'll love this too! it's awesome! XD plus, there are a lot of similiarities between the characters! here's the link http://dragonvoice.org/dv_kimi.html

Last edited by neerod87; 2007-11-09 at 06:27.
neerod87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 06:21   Link #822
prowse123

Location: The place where everyone is born... The edge of the Universe
soo.. everyones saying that nana slept w/ and nothing happened between them unlike yano and yuri.. it seems to me that yano is becoming more and more an unlikely pair for nana -_-; ... btw i wish that take would take notice of aki it seems that they'll be perfect for each other...
Old 2007-11-09, 09:07   Link #823
silverstar11

Send a message via MSN to silverstar11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
Present!!!! Oh jeeze i spent some days digging to find sth new but nothing yet...

Hmm the only thing that i can do is to sum up all the things that i have found and reached in a conclusion...

First of all big, huge mistake to think that Take is the same as Yuri or put Take be Yuri's bf...BIG MISTAKE.

Secondly I can assure you that the only thing that Yano DID NOT do while yuri was in Tokyo was sleeping with her... i mean do you really think that Yano could make the same mistake? NOOO! After all He is NOT desperate and let me believe that someone must have been TOO desperate to sleep AGAIn with yuri... So I guess Yano's standards are pretty high for her... He may have been very friendly and helped her, don't know, have a life o sth.... Moreover he may have helped her forget about them having sth. He sure have offered her a place to stay, he is kind hearted sometimes lol, but THAT'S IT!
Nana... well...i think that we analyzed that in previous posts, but it's ok if i tell sth right?
Sure she chose the "easy route"...Wait! I think NOT! I mean she would have chosen the easy route if she had made a relationship with Take right after yano's departure... Did she do that thing...No again.... So i believe that we have no right talkingt about the easy route when someone has spent 4 years or so waiting for someone who seems that he hasn't even bothered come and see her or sth... Especially through someone's teen life... i can take that as sacrifice (lol well if it's Yano i think he's worth it but...anyway).
So she decided to try having a more normal relationship with take. Adter all he waited for her, didn't he ? So why not trying... He is a really nice guy, he is THERE for her and showed so much patience... OK now honestly, if you were nana what would you do? Take is also a hot guy(maybe bot so hot as hell like yano but he is hot). You would give it a try right? So nana did give it a try... She slept with take? i think she did, but after that nothing else happened between those two... i think she said "After that night, take hasn't touched me"...Et voila. Ding Dong... he hasn't touched her because...Oh MY GOSH!!! She kisses take but sees Yano's face... that seems interesting.... She is still in love with our lovely boy, Yano-chan.... pity...poor Take... (fake tears. in truth I love that she still loves Yano... hihi)
So the only thing that she wants from Yano, is as I have said before, not to steal her hewart again...Since, as it seems, he still has it, but come back and tell her that he loves her AGAIN and that he will never leave her and be by her side. Don't forget that she is a heartbroken girl and seriously damaged, her heart is, if i might say because it's not a simple thing to not hera news from your great bf...
THE LETTER.... oh yeah we have that too... As if we had enough...Anyway. the letter seems to be the "bridge" between the "why did he leave" and "what he has been doing" all these years. i'm sure that if nana had read the letter she would have waited for yano and that he would have given a damn good excuse why he wouldn't have been able to contact her. maybe he would say sth else but since he didn't receive a reply, obviously, he thought that nana decided to move on and so he tries to... Well, news flash, he hasn't moved on... he is thinking of nana and that is sth that i believe we will see in the next volume with the long awaited encounter, right?
Someone prefered to hide that letter, or "forgot" that he had it in his pocket... let's see who is this person with the weak memory... can you think of anyone? i can but let's keep it a secret ok? (wink). Sure yano lost his mom(that's sth that the letter should mention it) and he had his reasons, but with no reply from Nana things got a little odd.
AKI... About her...not much to tell really. i haven't read the manga yet... (gets angry, smoke comes out of Amalia's ears looool) The only thing that I can tell is that she would be a great match for take...we should make them meet...lol. I think that she holds one of the keys to solve the mystery but let's see where's that going...Also I think, for some reason, that she is more dangerous than that crazy, psycho Yuri....
WHERE DOES THAT lead uS THE CRZY BGI FANS?
Well, it leads us to some hopes or not? Ok I think that we are going to have a happy ending after all these hardships but then again if i don't see it written and illustrated in the manga i cannot tell a thing...but let's just say that I'm seriouslky optimistic about this... Please God don't make me seem wrong.! I think that the story wants to how us the power of love... and that she can endure all the hardships...We saw the loss (Nana-ex died- yano was devastated C'mon HE SLEPT WITH YURI!!!! PEOPLE!!!, Nana and Yano got seperated) now we have to see that true love can make it.

The only thing that I wish now is for someone to read vol. 12 and tell us what's going on...other than that I'm still crying while rewatching the anime....SNIFF

P.S sorry for some typos It's late, I'm screaming after thinking all these again and my sis doesn't seem to understand me...HMPH!
I really feel for you girl!! ***hugs Amalia***
Thanks for putting my thoughts and feeling to words
With that said, Yano is for Nanami and Nanami is for Yano only.......period.
silverstar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 01:17   Link #824
theWindupGirl

Hellohello... I'm a lurker turned forum noob to help out this thread since no one has updated anything?? @_@ after reading though 15 pages of posts to find out what happens in volume 12, no one has posted anything past ch 45?? *head desk* but it seems I has useful multilingual skillz and was able to track down a kr fangirl blog who translates chapters of BGI from the current Betsucomi issues.

Spoiler for Soooo... hehehe... spoilers for what happens after Volume 12~:
theWindupGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 03:26   Link #825
theWindupGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerod87 View Post
SlimceaGirrl, mind if u provide us with the link to the "kr fangirl blog"? i've been searching for the english translated vol 9 -11 for ages!! thx so much! =)
Well, the translations aren't in English, they are in Korean. so unless you read/comprehend Hangul...

For some reason, I feel reluctant to put the link up since I didn't get the blogger's permission, so if any of you are still curious, please PM me and I will link you. I'll post a message to her blog asking for permission one of these days when I actually bother to get a Naver account.
theWindupGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 04:04   Link #826
xris
Just call me Ojisan

This is now the fourth time I've had to post this. How many times do people have to be reminded that this is not a chat room.

Stop making "bump" posts, the thread is active enough without them.
Stop asking when the next volume / chapter is going to be released / translated.
Stop asking for summaries to be posted.
Stop asking where everyone is.

In addition, please do not quote a previous long post when all you are going to add is a "me too" reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Can I remind posters of some of the general etiquette for posting here at AnimeSuki.
  • Please do not double post.
    If you wish to add to something you have just posted then please use the Edit button and modify your previous post. If you want to reply (and quote) multiple posts then please use the Quote and Multi Quote button when you make your post.
  • Discuss, not chat
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there's a difference. If you want to chat then please use IRC or MNS. Please keep on-topic to the thread's subject. For example, if you want to discuss someone's avatar then please use a PM instead of posting.
  • Use of English
    Since this is an English forum we ask that all communication be in English. Ideally this means using proper English, with appropriate punctuation and capitalization, at all times. Excessive abbreviations and "l33t speak" are particularly unwelcome. We appreciate that English is not the first language of many of our members but ask that they try their best never-the-less; though in fairness, it is the native English speakers who abuse these guidelines most often.

In addition, please limit the use of smilies and excessive explanation marks.
Please take this as a warning. If there are any more posts that break these guidelines then they will be deleted and Infractions issued. By all means post if you wish to discuss the Bokura ga Ita manga but please keep on-topic and have some consideration for others who read and post in the thread.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 20:34   Link #827
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerod87 View Post
...and i just found another manga by the same author (obata yuuki), it's called kimi no kachi (you win). if you like BGI, u'll love this too! it's awesome! XD plus, there are a lot of similiarities between the characters! here's the link http://dragonvoice.org/dv_kimi.html
Thanks! I've read two of the stories and really liked them. Although they are very short and simple, they are so much like BgI, both in drawing style and in the nice subtlety of feeling.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 10:13   Link #828
xCrystalx

thnx SlimceaGirrl!!

Spoiler for vol 12:
Old 2007-11-13, 00:56   Link #829
sugoi_ninja

so that means that Volume 12 isn't the last volume after all huh
I want it to end soon because I want Yano and Nana to work it out already.
Man this manga is taking so long, Yano and Nana better end up together i'm serious man.
sugoi_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 02:17   Link #830
xCrystalx

Yeah I know how you feel sugoi_ninja... it's taking long enough so it better be worth it!!! i'm sure it WILL be because all of Yuuki's mangas that i've read so far have happy endings
Old 2007-11-13, 22:27   Link #831
sugoi_ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCrystalx View Post
Yeah I know how you feel sugoi_ninja... it's taking long enough so it better be worth it!!! i'm sure it WILL be because all of Yuuki's mangas that i've read so far have happy endings

Really they have good endings!! well i sure hope so.
sugoi_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 19:09   Link #832
kaitou_candy
*Obsessor*

I love love love love love this serie. I only read up to volume 11 of the manga though, because i cant read japanese ><, so i just read the chinese version of the manga, but i don't think volume 12 has been released in Chinese yet.

I think Yano and Nana is gonna end up together, because the cover page of the manga is always a picture of nana and yano.. but i guess i'm just being hopeful.

I thought the anime was so well done.. gosh gosh gosh.. i absolutely love it <3
kaitou_candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 04:51   Link #833
Trisha
Kaname-sama

Hey guys! I found this site on a blog's link and I just finished reading all the posts here from start to finish. So I finished watching the anime series and like all of you who have been in my position once I also want a closure... I am amazed that I was able to find a group with so many dedicated fans of BGI. I had a real pleasure of reading all of your posts! Also I want to thank all of you because I was able to know what happened after the anime series and I've decided to join all of you in this crazy yet wonderful journey of BGI. Again thanks for I was able to cope up with the story =)
Trisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 10:50   Link #834
kaitou_candy
*Obsessor*

I just downloaded vol 12 of this manga in japanese. And i don't understand a THING!! looks interesting though lol.
Old 2007-11-17, 16:02   Link #835
Trisha
Kaname-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
Wow, you people are tough. I would have to disagree. Think about it simply, though the situation is complex. We all have wants and desires, all prioritized. All Yuri is doing is putting her love for Yano above everything else; that type of love, I have to respect--it's pure. Doesn't this happen when people grow up? Don't daughters and sons leave their parents side when they find partners? And I don't think Yuri doesn't care about her mother, I just think she had very, very difficult choices; harder than any of Nana's. Didn't Yano make a similar choice when he left Nana? In the end, persistence won; look who's with Yano and who's not (in the meantime). I think Yuri knows she can't have Yano so she wants to spend as much time with him has possible and is willing to do anything for it. She's holding out hope that Yano will learn to love her.

Now don't get me wrong though, I want Nana and Yano together; but I just feel Yuri deserves more props than she's getting. I can't help but respect her for how tough she's had it; and through all that she's gone through, she's making slow progress in her goals. She's working at attaining Yano, working hard, making hard choices, while Nana is not; Nana is taking the easy route: keeping Take on the sidelines (the what-if guy), believing destiny will bring her and Yano together. It brings up the question: Is love something you work for or is it just something that's there or not there?

Okay so this is gonna be my first post concerning BGI and I want to write something about my perception of Yuri. Here goes:

The main problem about Yuri is that she is so stuck up with Yano that she tends to forsake everything else just to be with him. We all know that she went through a lot. She doesn't have a father figure, she lost her only sister and her mother's health problems. But isn't that enough to make you change into a better person? At the beginning, her character was portrayed as the shy and quiet (kinda geeky) type and she doesn't show any outward feelings towards Yano and she even told Nanami that she hated him. I was so shocked when I learned that she offered to comfort Yano when he was in a weakened state due to losing Nana-san. She did this not once but twice(when Nanami dumped Yano). The question is what triggered her to turn Yano into an obsession? Could it be the competition with Nanami or the years of bottling up her feelings. She went so far as to tailing Yano wherever he goes when he clearly stated that he doesn't have such feelings towards her. But she keeps on persisting and what does she get? She may be living with Yano for the time being(we still don't have a definite answer as to why she's living with Yano) but I think she's always worrying that Yano might leave her anytime. For me its just plain hipocrisy. I mean is it all worth it? She's just torturing herself with what she's doing. If you love someone, you have to learn how to set them free right?

And in Nana's case I don't think that she's taking the easy route. To not be able to see the one you love the most for years. All the suffering that she is going through right now I don't think that's easy man...

Quote:
I know this may be an unpopular view here, but I honestly think Yano is too good for Nana. She deserves someone more in her league with a similar mentality, like little miss Take. But this maybe the reason why we want them to be together: to get what she shouldn't have and that opposites can attract and change each other in good ways. Also, I think everyone's a little too hard on Yuri. I actually respect her: she knows what she wants and she's willing to go and fight for it instead of getting all emo; you gotta respect that. The only problem I see with her is that she's too psycho.

How can you fight when you've already lost the battle in the first place? Okay let's put it this way, if you put yourself into Nanami's shoes with Yuri getting in between your relationship would you sympathize with her claiming that she is fighting for the one she loves the most? I don't think so. In the end, she would just make herself feel more utterly miserable. Putting herself in the line just for a guy who doesn't feel the same about her and the life that she's living; I don't think its all worth it and I don't think I could live like that. She should just get a life of her own because stalking isn't gonna give her what she wants.

Till here then! Keep the NanaxYano spirits up guys! Ciao!

Last edited by Trisha; 2007-11-19 at 12:20.
Old 2007-11-18, 18:07   Link #836
heavenorhell7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisha View Post
Okay so this is gonna be my first post concerning BGI and I want to write something about my perception of Yuri. Here goes:
. . . . I mean is it all worth it? She's just torturing herself with what she's doing. If you love someone, you have to learn how to set them free right?

And in Nana's case I don't think that she's taking the easy route. To not be able to see the one you love the most for years. All the suffering that she is going through right now I don't think that's easy man...

. . . Putting herself in the line just for a guy who doesn't feel the same about her and the life that she's living; I don't think its all worth it and I don't think I could live like that. She should just get a life of her own because stalking isn't gonna give her what she wants.
. . .

Let me explain a little better what I mean. Now, I don't expect people to agree with me becuase we've lived different lives (and I'm male), but at least I hope you can see my point.

The reason why I respect Yuri is becuase she is not a NORMAL, PLAIN woman like Nana is. When you love, you gamble, you have to gamble; and I can't respect anyone who doesn't walk that razor's edge. Also, when you love, your love is suppose to be selfish, caring only about yourself and your significant other, mostly; any person that can't see this probably hasn't been really in love. Think about it: the competition is between different "loves," like that towards your brother, sister, parents, boyfriend, but it's these different "loves" competing with each other, each being selfish in their own way, eventually compromising in some, winning or losing out in others. Yuri is and has gambled, Nana is and has not. Yuri has always loved Yano, even when Yano was dating her sister; she's even said it (talk about a slap to the face). Yuri is gambling everything for her love; she's even willing to gamble family, friends and her education (Yuri is clearly more intelligent than Nana, Yuri could've been doing something great had she not followed Yano). For god's sake, she's willing to follow Yano into the unknown, not even looking back. Talk about gambling. She snubs other guys, knowing in her heart that there's only one man for her. Given a choice as a man, I'd pick the woman that gambles. True love is always a little psycho, a little mad, otherwise it may lack some reality and credibility causing me to question.

The only problem with her is . . . Yano. He's too much caught up in Nana, a woman who's taken it and had it easy, when compared to Yuri. That's why I can't help but want to cuddle Yuri in my arms, let Yano have Nana. Some of you say about Nana: it's not easy to wait for years for the one you love, so she's had it hard. I reply: Yuri's waited far longer, she's always and only looked at Yano. On top of that, Yuri has had to contend with her sister dating Yano, her sister's death, her broken family, Yano dating Nana, but despite all that, she's still deeply love with Yano. Nana had it hard because she's waited soooo long? Waiting is made easier when your backup is always around comforting you, and when your family and friends support you.

That's why Nana doesn't gamble. She doesn't really take chances. She is normal and plain, common among the women I meet. There's nothing really interesting about her; quite the contrary, there are things about her that annoy me. She's had a nice family, friends, and always a backup boyfriend--Take. I can't respect a woman who has a "what if"; I can't respect a woman who's not willing to cut her ties to other "potentials" for the one she claims to love; she may not even really like Take, she's just taking advantage of his love if her first choice doesn't work out. That's worse than hypocrisy, that's deceitful and sick. Yano knew Take was the fall-back guy, any guy reading the story could tell. Maybe Nana couldn't see it, using the excuse that he's "just a friend." But honestly, a guy "friend" that's interested in you? Come on, Yano see's it, I see it, most people will too. Just call it what it is, the "friend" excuse works only so long. The simple fact that they're together now, confirms for me that Nana has always though of him, unconsciously perhaps, as some sort of backup. They've been in each other's arms as much as Yano and her have. And they've even done it . . . I think. If you people can't see a problem with this, then you need to let yourself fall freely and deeply in love with someone and then date your second choice. I also ask that each of you put yourself in Yuri's shoes; you'll then be able to see her fate, and hopefully agree that it needs to be changed for the better.

Last edited by heavenorhell7; 2007-11-18 at 18:18.
heavenorhell7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 23:20   Link #837
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Well put, heavenorhell7. I've been thinking of saying something very similar for quite some time.

1. Take being stringed along by Nana and 2. Yuri getting no credit and an unfairly disproportionate amount of flack from so many fans are the biggest turn-offs surrounding this story for me. (I keep silent about it because I'm not the target audience of this story and the target audience seems to love it, so who am I to criticize.)

I used to love Nana/Yano, and I can understand why people still do because they looked so good together, but at this point the only ending that could save this for me would be if they didn't end up together. I'm all for "love conquers all", but those two no longer deserve it (especially not at the expense of Take and Yuri). It's not their fault of course, it's the storyteller's. I loved what they were (cf. the title) but they have exhausted their happy end credit line with me. Especially Nana, because I can't stand people stringing others along for free support while they lead a (pardon me while I laugh sarcastically) so-called "hard life" pining for their "real" love without even doing anything to make it a reality.
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 10:19   Link #838
kaitou_candy
*Obsessor*

I think heavenorhell7 was being a little unfair to Nana, she told Take 5 years ago (when he first confessed to her) not to wait for her, and that she can never love anyone else but Yano. Nevertheless Take stay with her, i think he was willing to be Nana's backup, because he loves her that much.

You said in your post that Nana doesn't deserve Yano, because she did nothing but wait. However, that is unclear. The manga simply told us that they lost contact, perhaps she did look for him after she moved to Tokyo, but never found him. She continually email and text message Yano after he stopped calling her, so i'm gonna just speculate that she looked for him after she moved to tokyo. I think nana did sacrifice something for yano, remember how she said if she don't make to to S university in Tokyo she wouldn't move to Tokyo? and now she is in Tokyo, but not in the university she wanted to be in? This could mean that she changed her mind, because she believe that if she's in tokyo she can somehow find or meet Yano.

So here is my question to you, how can Nana do anything if she can't even find Yano? Yuri may have waited or fight for yano for a long time, but he was always near, she could do something. In Nana's case he dissappear. (again i'm speculating).

I think right now your opinion is bias toward Yuri, because vol 12 was specifically for her, and it tells her story. Right now the author haven't address how nana reacted to the whole Yano dissappearing thing yet 5 years ago. What she did after she moved to Tokyo? Maybe if she shred some light on it, you'll have a different perspective.

Yes, now NAna is doing nothing, and just trying to give up, by going to Take, i agree with you on that, but i find nothing wrong with that. It's been 5 years, people should move on, that's reality.

I don't agree with a lot of things you said about Yuri. Yes she's persistent, patient, and determined, but she's just obsessive, possessive, and need to grow up. While i admire her for her sacrifices and will for love, i think it's stupid at the same time. Waiting for someone (especially someone who already love someone else) is so stupid, you shouldn't put your life on hold for someone else. Someone else's feeling isn't something that you can control. In real life, no matter how persistent, patient or determined you are, you can never really have control over someone else's feelings. In my opinion, she should've moved on a long time ago, and same with Take, and even nana, because they all were clearly rejected.

I mean honestly, i don't see Yuri's situation happening in real life at all. in fact, i think most guy would get turn off and run away. >_> and the guys that would love her , only loves her, because she loves him way more than he loves her. I honestly think she's just a comfort girl to Yano, like someone to rely on during his hard time, when his mom just died. and now he's staying with her, because he would feel bad if he leaves her now. *sigh* now i feel sorry for Yuri, i wouldn't wanna be in her position.

My point is Yuri and Take should've move on, and find happier life and love. Because even if Yano and Nana were to move on, and love someone else, it shouldn't be with Yuri or Take, because there's just too much history between them.
Old 2007-11-19, 12:18   Link #839
Trisha
Kaname-sama

Quote:
The reason why I respect Yuri is becuase she is not a NORMAL, PLAIN woman like Nana is. When you love, you gamble, you have to gamble; and I can't respect anyone who doesn't walk that razor's edge. Also, when you love, your love is suppose to be selfish, caring only about yourself and your significant other, mostly; any person that can't see this probably hasn't been really in love. Think about it: the competition is between different "loves," like that towards your brother, sister, parents, boyfriend, but it's these different "loves" competing with each other, each being selfish in their own way, eventually compromising in some, winning or losing out in others. Yuri is and has gambled, Nana is and has not. Yuri has always loved Yano, even when Yano was dating her sister; she's even said it (talk about a slap to the face). Yuri is gambling everything for her love; she's even willing to gamble family, friends and her education (Yuri is clearly more intelligent than Nana, Yuri could've been doing something great had she not followed Yano). For god's sake, she's willing to follow Yano into the unknown, not even looking back. Talk about gambling. She snubs other guys, knowing in her heart that there's only one man for her. Given a choice as a man, I'd pick the woman that gambles. True love is always a little psycho, a little mad, otherwise it may lack some reality and credibility causing me to question.

The only problem with her is . . . Yano. He's too much caught up in Nana, a woman who's taken it and had it easy, when compared to Yuri. That's why I can't help but want to cuddle Yuri in my arms, let Yano have Nana. Some of you say about Nana: it's not easy to wait for years for the one you love, so she's had it hard. I reply: Yuri's waited far longer, she's always and only looked at Yano. On top of that, Yuri has had to contend with her sister dating Yano, her sister's death, her broken family, Yano dating Nana, but despite all that, she's still deeply love with Yano. Nana had it hard because she's waited soooo long? Waiting is made easier when your backup is always around comforting you, and when your family and friends support you.

That's why Nana doesn't gamble. She doesn't really take chances. She is normal and plain, common among the women I meet. There's nothing really interesting about her; quite the contrary, there are things about her that annoy me. She's had a nice family, friends, and always a backup boyfriend--Take. I can't respect a woman who has a "what if"; I can't respect a woman who's not willing to cut her ties to other "potentials" for the one she claims to love; she may not even really like Take, she's just taking advantage of his love if her first choice doesn't work out. That's worse than hypocrisy, that's deceitful and sick. Yano knew Take was the fall-back guy, any guy reading the story could tell. Maybe Nana couldn't see it, using the excuse that he's "just a friend." But honestly, a guy "friend" that's interested in you? Come on, Yano see's it, I see it, most people will too. Just call it what it is, the "friend" excuse works only so long. The simple fact that they're together now, confirms for me that Nana has always though of him, unconsciously perhaps, as some sort of backup. They've been in each other's arms as much as Yano and her have. And they've even done it . . . I think. If you people can't see a problem with this, then you need to let yourself fall freely and deeply in love with someone and then date your second choice. I also ask that each of you put yourself in Yuri's shoes; you'll then be able to see her fate, and hopefully agree that it needs to be changed for the better.

I know that Yuri is willing to sacrifice everything for Yano but isn't it a bit too much? She gave Yano everything even offering him to be a replacement for her sister believing that he might give her a chance but then nothing. She took Yano into her house the day they both burned the scarf of her sister and of course theres something bound to happen. (I wouldn't go as far as she did) And you're saying that you respect people who doesn't care about their well being. Throwing herself for a man who doesn't see her no more than a friend. I'm not saying that taking chances and fighting for someones you love is a bad thing but you should know your limits too. Have a little respect for yourself woman. When you fight for something and you give everything and despite all that you get nothing. As I've said before it's not worth it. If I were her, I'd just move on because no one deserves to be treated that way. All I'm trying to say that she should just get a life of her own and straight things out for her own sake.

In Nanami's side, it ain't her fault that she has "other potentials" as you've mentioned. Besides, they're SO young. and it's Nanami's first relationship. What do you expect from her? She's still discovering herself and so is Yano. It seems like Yamamoto is much more experienced in the love-game. She always know when to show up in the scene. Also, she needs to learn to take "NO" for an answer. Geez, she got rejected soo many times, that's just out right embarassing. And the trauma and suffering that Nanami went through is easy for you to dismiss it like that saying it was easy for her because she has her family & friends. Even without Take beside her I know she'd wait for Yano despite all her suffering. Remember, Nana was the one who let Yano go to Tokyo and she could have told Yano to stay and that way it would be easier but instead she chose to disregard her own selfishness.

And about Take, obviously is the backup guy and he was in love with both of Yano's girlfriends; he said so himself. However, what all of you are forgetting is that "he loved them first!". As he said, he never took the initiative, but Yano did; which is why he is fighting for Nanami so hard now, because he doesn't want to make the same mistake again. It's not that he keeps falling in love with his best friend's girlfriend; but that his best friend keeps stealing his love right out from under his nose because he never took the initiative. As far as Yamamoto goes, poor girl, she uses her female wiles to try and lure Yano. Take never has done that with Nanami...he's too classy to say, " Do you want me to comfort you?" He might be of the same coin, but way above Yamamoto as far as how he approaches things.

Last edited by Trisha; 2007-11-19 at 12:31.
Old 2007-11-19, 13:14   Link #840
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

@kaitou_candy

I'm not fully clear if you were responding just to heavenorhell7 or me as well, but it doesn't really matter as our views seem to be similar.

I'm definitely not biased towards Yuri because of vol. 12, which I haven't read and only know of from the posts here. She's always been more interesting to me than Nana. I like(d?) Nana, but that's more because she's got a lot of focus and all the nice scenes in the anime, so in a way it's more a credit to the good direction and cute character design and the seiyuu's voice than Nana's personality. She's a lovely girl, but when I think back, I htink it was more her relationship with Yano that I liked, rather than her as a person.

I really don't think Nana tried all that hard to find Yano. Certainly not hard enough to justify the idea of this great love they're supposed to have together. (Yuri found him, Nana didn't.) But mostly I don't understand why people think it's a credit to Nana that she's holding on to her love and a demerit to Yuri that she does the same. After all those years it's no more realistic for Nana to expect Yano to love her than for Yuri to do the same. Yes, in the end it may not work out, but Yuri and Take are working to have the relationships they want, and I'm more inclined to respect that than the lofty (but oh so fickle) idea of "real" love between Yano and Nana. This idea of "real" love without the will to make it work is exactly why there are divorces galore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisha View Post
In Nanami's side, it ain't her fault that she has "other potentials" as you've mentioned. Besides, they're SO young. and it's Nanami's first relationship. What do you expect from her? She's still discovering herself and so is Yano. It seems like Yamamoto is much more experienced in the love-game.
It may not be her fault that she has them, but it is her fault that she keeps them around if she's really in love with someone else (whether they are willing to put up with it is beside the point). And as far as "SO young" goes, what about Yuri? Why should Nana alone get all the slack? Why doesn't Yuri get the same excuse of it being her first time to be in love?
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote