AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-03, 18:15   Link #3721
Alchemist007
*Author

I didn't think my scroll bar could get this small. I wonder if you guys beat the record?
Old 2012-02-03, 21:47   Link #3722
Darthtabby

A few thoughts relating to various points in this discussion:

Alto didn't forget that Brera fllies a plane that looks just like the one that tried to blow him out of the sky. In fact I think that's a big part of the reason he tried to pick a fight with Brera in the middle of class with a teacher present. He even says he has questions he wants to ask as he confronts Brera in that scene.

On the other hand, it doesn't necessarily follow that he should start asking questions about Grace because he has questions about Brera. He barely knows Grace, as far as he knows she's just Sheryl's manager. They may both come from Galaxy but to him they're worlds apart.

As for Sheryl's treatment of Miranda, I think we're supposed to assume that she caught sight of what Miranda did to Ranka earlier and deliberately snubbed her because of that.

Regarding Alto's not stating his feelings more clearly towards the end of the series, it's worth noting that words are not the only way to express feelings. Heck, sometimes they're not even the best way to do so.

And as for Sheryl at that point in time... I find it hard to blame her too much for the way she handled things towards the end of the series. She was facing her own death and going through a roller coaster ride of emotional highs and lows. I think she actually handled things pretty well considering everything she was going through, but she was still a mess on an emotional level.

Edit: I'm wondering if this discussion should move threads since it's tending towards the series... although then again it could swing back and moving things between threads can make things hard to follow.

Last edited by Darthtabby; 2012-02-03 at 22:21.
Old 2012-02-04, 04:15   Link #3723
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
A few thoughts relating to various points in this discussion:

Alto didn't forget that Brera fllies a plane that looks just like the one that tried to blow him out of the sky. In fact I think that's a big part of the reason he tried to pick a fight with Brera in the middle of class with a teacher present. He even says he has questions he wants to ask as he confronts Brera in that scene.
The problem is that this whole plot thread is dropped completely after that. After Brera becomes Rankas bodyguard and Alto and him have their short confrontation, nobody asks him anymore about what the hell he was doing shooting down SMS planes for shit'n giggles.

Quote:
On the other hand, it doesn't necessarily follow that he should start asking questions about Grace because he has questions about Brera. He barely knows Grace, as far as he knows she's just Sheryl's manager. They may both come from Galaxy but to him they're worlds apart.
Furthermore, Grace was Sheryls manager since her arrival on Frontier. That she was "rescued" by Brera on Gallia IV should raise some eyebrows, but then again it seems to fall under the sudden cut-off about Breras actions before episode 14.

Quote:
As for Sheryl's treatment of Miranda, I think we're supposed to assume that she caught sight of what Miranda did to Ranka earlier and deliberately snubbed her because of that.
Yep, the scene can easily be viewed that way. We see Sheryl walking in from off-screen, it is quite easy to make an educated guess that she saw and heard Miranda putting down Ranka.

Quote:
Edit: I'm wondering if this discussion should move threads since it's tending towards the series... although then again it could swing back and moving things between threads can make things hard to follow.
In my experience, trying to move a discussion between threads results in that discussion dying down to nothing in about 90% of the cases. Hence I am reluctant to do so.
Old 2012-02-04, 06:15   Link #3724
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Spoiler for to magnus (I'm saving space):

Quote:
Even if we moved it to the appropriate thread, the discussion might be completely lost. We can't exactly move the whole discussion to said appropriate thread. And since it's such a long discussion now, I'm sure we'd get lost.
Old 2012-02-04, 07:32   Link #3725
magnuskn

I concur in saving some space. ^^

Spoiler for Large wall of text.:
Old 2012-02-04, 09:27   Link #3726
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Shall save space again.

Spoiler for to magnus:
Old 2012-02-04, 11:28   Link #3727
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Maggy, you in love?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-02-04, 12:16   Link #3728
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Maggy, you in love?

- Tak
Well, our conversation has been nice so far, so I guess I'd say I like Maggy a bit.
Old 2012-02-04, 12:23   Link #3729
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Get a room, you two.

Old 2012-02-04, 12:37   Link #3730
magnuskn

Quote:
Maggy, you in love?

- Tak
Just in the mood for a good discussion. Not enough of that going around here lately. Given that every response takes me about an hour of time, I can't continue much longer, though. Got to finish that paper. :-/

---

Saving some space again.

Spoiler for More discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Get a room, you two.
Hm, so the times I was discussing extensively with you, you always wanted to get a room with me? Saucy!
Old 2012-02-04, 13:27   Link #3731
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Nah, my shipping goggles are only slanted towards girl/boy pairings. No yaoi. Except when Tak is involved.

Old 2012-02-04, 13:51   Link #3732
Darthtabby

In real life it's quite common for problems to crop up because people didn't pay much attention to things that were quite clear in hindsight. I don't think it's that strange that Alto let a lot of things slide. A lot of those details probably didn't seem closely connected to him anyway. Sure, it's weird that Grace got rescued by Brera -but should he automatically assume she's suspicious just because of that and the fact they're both from Galaxy? As far as he knows the only notable thing about Grace is that she's somehow capable of dealing with Sheryl every day. :lol:

As for Episode 22, that seems like a weird moment for Alto to suddenly declare "I love you" to Sheryl. Promising to support her to the end was a more appropriate response under the circumstances IMO.

As for Sheryl not letting him tell her things in Episode 24 -well, why do you think she didn't? She basically told him that if he said anything to her then it would mess her up emotionally and make her unable to do what she needed to do. Which could be a lie... but if she's lying, then why is she lying? Maybe because she thinks it'll be easier for him to move on after her death if he doesn't bind himself to her before that?

I don't really see much reason to condemn her for how she handled that situation. Or for how she handled things with Alto towards the end of the series at all for that matter. As I noted earlier, she was pretty emotionally messed up at that point.
Old 2012-02-04, 14:01   Link #3733
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Nah, my shipping goggles are only slanted towards girl/boy pairings. No yaoi. Except when Tak is involved.
See, Tak, that's what happens when you run around in Sheryls dress.

Quote:
In real life it's quite common for problems to crop up because people didn't pay much attention to things that were quite clear in hindsight. I don't think it's that strange that Alto let a lot of things slide. A lot of those details probably didn't seem closely connected to him anyway. Sure, it's weird that Grace got rescued by Brera -but should he automatically assume she's suspicious just because of that and the fact they're both from Galaxy? As far as he knows the only notable thing about Grace is that she's somehow capable of dealing with Sheryl every day. :lol:

As for Episode 22, that seems like a weird moment for Alto to suddenly declare "I love you" to Sheryl. Promising to support her to the end was a more appropriate response under the circumstances IMO.

As for Sheryl not letting him tell her things in Episode 24 -well, why do you think she didn't? She basically told him that if he said anything to her then it would mess her up emotionally and make her unable to do what she needed to do. Which could be a lie... but if she's lying, then why is she lying? Maybe because she thinks it'll be easier for him to move on after her death if he doesn't bind himself to her before that?

I don't really see much reason to condemn her for how she handled that situation. Or for how she handled things with Alto towards the end of the series at all for that matter. As I noted earlier, she was pretty emotionally messed up at that point.
Agreed to all of that.
Old 2012-02-05, 09:31   Link #3734
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Once again, shall save space.

Spoiler for to magnus:
Old 2012-02-06, 05:36   Link #3735
magnuskn

And some space saving.
Spoiler for shpoilersh:
Old 2012-02-06, 07:11   Link #3736
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Saving space once more.

Spoiler for to magnus (reply when you like :) ):
Old 2012-02-06, 11:30   Link #3737
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Ok, you two really need a room.

At least I have the common decency of not revealing the more raunchy details of my harem!

Especially when cheesy & natsu are involved...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-02-06, 11:59   Link #3738
magnuskn

Spoiler for More discussion:

Quote:
Ok, you two really need a room.

At least I have the common decency of not revealing the more raunchy details of my harem!

- Tak
I'm just enjoying a good natured discussion. Hey, shows how much I have mellowed out over the years. At least as long as we don't start putting in question that Sheryl and Alto ended up together.
Old 2012-02-06, 23:40   Link #3739
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Again with saving space.

Spoiler for to magnus (respond at your leisure :) ):
Old 2012-02-07, 02:26   Link #3740
magnuskn

Could take until tomorrow evening ( GMT +1 ) this time... I got a tight schedule for the next month at the very least.

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song