AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 12 18.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 44.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 27.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-14, 11:12   Link #81
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
... I catch no ball ?
Chaos, why so pure pure boy.
Old 2012-11-14, 20:54   Link #82
HandofFate

I like that Shiina even though she's an eccentric genius, she knows the struggles of hard work. And its nice how she tries to care for people that also work hard.

Like the thing with Aoyama, and also before when Aoyama said that Shiina would get in the MC's way, Shiina suddenly tried to do laundry herself.
Old 2012-11-14, 21:45   Link #83
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I like that Shiina even though she's an eccentric genius, she knows the struggles of hard work. And its nice how she tries to care for people that also work hard.

Like the thing with Aoyama, and also before when Aoyama said that Shiina would get in the MC's way, Shiina suddenly tried to do laundry herself.
It's more than that though- Most people thought that Shiina was trying to avoid Aoyama because she didn't like her but it turns out to be the opposite- She doesn't want Aoyama to overwork herself by having to take care of her as well. Shiina knows that she doesn't like it when people say that to her, so by avoiding her abd running to Sorata I guess it's her way of lightening Aoyama's load.
Old 2012-11-15, 10:29   Link #84
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

A great episode. I loved watching Mashiro and Manami's interaction. These two make my yuri senses to tingle.
Old 2012-11-15, 13:55   Link #85
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's more than that though- Most people thought that Shiina was trying to avoid Aoyama because she didn't like her but it turns out to be the opposite- She doesn't want Aoyama to overwork herself by having to take care of her as well. Shiina knows that she doesn't like it when people say that to her, so by avoiding her abd running to Sorata I guess it's her way of lightening Aoyama's load.
Up until Nanami got sick, I think Mashiro really did dislike Nanami. Or at least she disliked being harried by her. But it was during this episode that she began to understand Nanami, and realize the trouble she was causing her. Huge growth episode for Mashiro.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-11-15 at 14:28.
Old 2012-11-15, 14:20   Link #86
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I honestly don't think she ever disliked Aoyama but it was clear she preferred Mashiro Sorata for obvious reasons.

But yeah this episode did certainly show more sides to Sorata.

Last edited by Haak; 2012-11-16 at 15:37. Reason: oops
Old 2012-11-15, 19:22   Link #87
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I honestly don't think she ever disliked Aoyama but it was clear she preferred Sorata for obvious reasons.

But yeah this episode did certainly show more sides to Sorata.
Fixed for you, and I agree she definitely prefers Sorata, Mashiro is not the lazy sort, she tried to learn to take care of herself when she realised she was being a hassle to both Aoyama and Sorata. She just is only able to focus herself completely on one thing.

Last edited by BladeEntity; 2012-11-15 at 21:32.
Old 2012-11-15, 21:09   Link #88
tsunade666

I think his name is Kanda Sorata not Sorato.
Old 2012-11-15, 21:33   Link #89
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Sorry about that, careless as ever.
Old 2012-11-16, 13:42   Link #90
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I was a bit afraid the drama would blow out of proportions due to Sorata, but it went well, without any cheesy solution or conclusion.
I'm still however puzzled by the issues regarding Jin and Misaki, especially that it seems a very simple discussion could potentially bypass the deadlock they are in. As far as the story goes, Jin seems to be very reluctant to be honest with her, which actually make her think she shouldn't make the first step.

By the way, is it me or Nanami suddenly switched to Kansai dialect? It really never struck me in previous episodes, but when she goes haywire, she has a fake kansai-ben that sounds quite out of place *shrugs*
Old 2012-11-16, 13:45   Link #91
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
By the way, is it me or Nanami suddenly switched to Kansai dialect? It really never struck me in previous episodes, but when she goes haywire, she has a fake kansai-ben that sounds quite out of place *shrugs*

Sorata mentioned it before that whenever she panics or gets flustered she reverts back to to that dialect... In this episode they mentioned that she came from Osaka as well.
Old 2012-11-16, 13:54   Link #92
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
She's had it since the begining,Sorata noted in ep2 that she switches to Kansai dialect when she's mad.

Also I doubt it's fake considering the VA is born and raised in Osaka,she's had only one other seiyuu role (Erika in Ginga e kickoff) and that one is kansai-ben full time

edit: beaten by Chaos2Frozen
Old 2012-11-16, 13:56   Link #93
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Nanami's presence was so scarce early on I literally forgot that part I guess
Well, as for the accent, the huge emphasis on it in this episode made it fake to me so yeah
Old 2012-11-16, 14:15   Link #94
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
I was a bit afraid the drama would blow out of proportions due to Sorata, but it went well, without any cheesy solution or conclusion.
I'm still however puzzled by the issues regarding Jin and Misaki, especially that it seems a very simple discussion could potentially bypass the deadlock they are in. As far as the story goes, Jin seems to be very reluctant to be honest with her, which actually make her think she shouldn't make the first step.

Communication would solve almost *everything* (except of maybe some really deep-routed trauma which needs more effort put into) in these kind of genres, regardless of the used medium . Misunderstanding? Talk about it before the person who misunderstood dashes away to cause drama. Relationship anxiety? Have a calm and uninterrupted TALK about it.
But yeah, I thought roughly the same about the Jin <-> Misaki issue. Jin: university move to become, in his eyes, worthy of her. Misaki: Due to Jin's actions (or lack of them), feels she's not interesting to him/wants that he will notice her despite wanting to step-up the relationship.
Old 2012-11-17, 01:31   Link #95
Hakumen
Sankishin

Its funny how Jin took advantage of the situation and grabbed Chihiro's breasts. Too bad it was not shown. The fanservice has been toned down quite a bit lately too.
Old 2012-11-17, 19:14   Link #96
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Communication would solve almost *everything* (except of maybe some really deep-routed trauma which needs more effort put into) in these kind of genres, regardless of the used medium . Misunderstanding? Talk about it before the person who misunderstood dashes away to cause drama. Relationship anxiety? Have a calm and uninterrupted TALK about it.
But yeah, I thought roughly the same about the Jin <-> Misaki issue. Jin: university move to become, in his eyes, worthy of her. Misaki: Due to Jin's actions (or lack of them), feels she's not interesting to him/wants that he will notice her despite wanting to step-up the relationship.
Communication isn't enough. Jin has to be honest. He knows what's up, but keeps running away from Misaki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Fixed for you, and I agree she definitely prefers Sorata, Mashiro is not the lazy sort, she tried to learn to take care of herself when she realised she was being a hassle to both Aoyama and Sorata. She just is only able to focus herself completely on one thing.
She's not precisely lazy, but she doesn't put much effort into doing things that don't interest her, even if by all rights she should be doing them.
Old 2012-11-18, 12:00   Link #97
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Do you remember Jin's speech to Sorata about "geniuses that are in a completely different world than us"?

I think Jin was being entirely sincere there. Quite ironically, he probably views Misaki as "out of his league", by sheer virtue of her great talent at anime/manga-production.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the anime later makes a plot twist of "Jin dates all these girls, and sleeps with them, as a way to vent his (sexual) frustration over having a crush on a girl that he views as out of his league".

The irony here would be pretty thick, and even kind of funny in a dark humor way: Jin's reaction to thinking that Misaki is out of his league makes Misaki think that she has no chance with him.
Old 2012-11-18, 12:04   Link #98
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, it's not like he doesn't know she has feelings for him, whether she's a genius or not.

He just feels he'd be a drag on her career.
Old 2012-11-18, 12:14   Link #99
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, it's not like he doesn't know she has feelings for him, whether she's a genius or not.

He just feels he'd be a drag on her career.
True. The "presents" she's given him are rather obvious in that regard.

As you say, his issue is a largely practical one. And so I'm honestly not sue if communication alone would solve it. It seems to me that Jin has to come to a point where he either no longer cares about "the gap" between him and Misaki, or he feels that he has somehow closed that gap.
Old 2012-11-18, 15:45   Link #100
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Up until Nanami got sick, I think Mashiro really did dislike Nanami. Or at least she disliked being harried by her. But it was during this episode that she began to understand Nanami, and realize the trouble she was causing her. Huge growth episode for Mashiro.
I re-watched all the episodes and paid attention to Aoyama's and Mashiro's interactions. It really did seem like Mashiro was not fond of Aoyama, she even tried microwaving a watermelon. She's an odd ball but I don't see her as that stupid, that looked more like of an act to annoy a person.

It wasn't until Mashiro witnessed the little conversation when Sorata was sleeping in the laundry room. He was showing concern for Aoyama pushing herself, which in turn, made Mashiro think that she should be concerned for her as well.

This is how I see it at least.
Closed Thread