Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-27, 16:40   Link #21
SpikeSpencer
Friendly Neighborhood Nub

Send a message via AIM to SpikeSpencer
New Wolf's Rain

It could be me, but I got te feeling that the series itself never got as much credit as it deserved. Following some of the other Bones productions it was masterful. And though I personally thought the ending was good, this second coming has gotten me truely stoked. I watch the first in the series of 4 new episodes and found my self completely back on the series. Its one of my favorite sows in a while and I'm wondering how are others feeling about this awesome show?
Old 2004-01-27, 16:44   Link #22
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
BONES rendering of females is very sensual and nice. Something about their way of drawing woman get into me, like girls of Rahxephon and Wolf's Rain.
Old 2004-01-27, 17:42   Link #23
TronDD
Team the box!

I enjoyed watching Wolf's Rain. I don't think it was a great story, really, but it was entertaining enough. Art and music were fantastic, of course.

I was very let down by the "ending". It created more questions and didn't resolve everything. I am looking forward to those last episodes. I think Cartoon Network will be airing the series, I wonder if they'll get the last eps, too.

Aside:
Something about Cheza's eyes really rocked. Not just that they were red, either. It's worth watching the series just for her eyes.
Old 2004-01-27, 22:13   Link #24
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
I enjoyed watching Wolf's Rain. I don't think it was a great story, really, but it was entertaining enough. Art and music were fantastic, of course.

I was very let down by the "ending". It created more questions and didn't resolve everything. I am looking forward to those last episodes. I think Cartoon Network will be airing the series, I wonder if they'll get the last eps, too.

Aside:
Something about Cheza's eyes really rocked. Not just that they were red, either. It's worth watching the series just for her eyes.

Where did u see the ending i swear i read they only released 27-30 on DVD
Old 2004-01-27, 22:43   Link #25
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I just saw Eposide 27 (currently downloading 28) and all I can say is the it is WONDERFUL! and GREAT! it really continues with the story and it is getting much better... what a good series.
Old 2004-01-28, 02:30   Link #26
SpikeSpencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
I just saw Eposide 27 (currently downloading 28) and all I can say is the it is WONDERFUL! and GREAT! it really continues with the story and it is getting much better... what a good series.
Yeah, the story moved with the same pace it had during the first 26 episodes, and without giving anythign away, some things were shocking...and err...sad
Old 2004-01-28, 10:01   Link #27
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Where did u see the ending i swear i read they only released 27-30 on DVD
"Ending" was in reference to episode 26. That's why I used the quotes.
Old 2004-01-28, 13:42   Link #28
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
<insult removed>. Is it soo hard to wait for a dvd release?

Last edited by xris; 2004-01-28 at 15:06. Reason: Removed colourful language
Old 2004-01-28, 14:12   Link #29
Lambda

Now now JAppi, insulting people isn't big or hard or clever. If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything.
Old 2004-01-28, 15:49   Link #30
Milliniar
otaku

i think it was stupid of them to have 4 filler recap episodes in row then have it "end" at 26. then make four new episodes for dvd. BUt ya watching episodes 27 and 28 reminded me why i liked it after teh stupid recaps episodes and ripoff "end" this now makes it back to my top 10 list....well if i had one....mine changes from day to day for most of them
Old 2004-01-29, 00:40   Link #31
bentopower

Smile

just finished watching ep 27 & 28. i got a feeling that kiba may be the only wolf left to reach paradise in the end.

When u watched the Ending sequence of each ep, u can see only a white wolf running beside the moon, so that also gave me the impression that he will be the only one left. what do u guys think?
Old 2004-01-29, 00:52   Link #32
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
"Ending" was in reference to episode 26. That's why I used the quotes.
oh ic ^-^" Gomen-nasai
Old 2004-01-29, 15:05   Link #33
Tenken

Send a message via AIM to Tenken
Where have you guys bought this DVD? I would really like to get it. They do know how to make women look awesome When Blue is in her human form, she has the coolest looking eyes, same with Kiba.
Old 2004-01-29, 16:19   Link #34
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken
Where have you guys bought this DVD?
Easy, you can find Ep 27 and 28 here and Ep 29 and 30 here.

Do you realise that these are the Japanese releases they are talking about. The first DVD (ep 27/28) just came out and the second DVD (ep 29/30) is due out on 25th Feb.
Old 2004-01-29, 17:57   Link #35
Tenken

Send a message via AIM to Tenken
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Do you realise that these are the Japanese releases they are talking about. The first DVD (ep 27/28) just came out and the second DVD (ep 29/30) is due out on 25th Feb.
Thanks for clarifying, didn't realize they were the jap versions Are they planning to release these as Region 1 discs in the US? If so, would you happen to know when?

Thanks
Old 2004-01-30, 00:36   Link #36
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Yes they are planning on releasing them in R1. I don't believe a release schedule is known yet for Wolf's Rain, but it will be airing on Adult Swim (?) in the US in April. I don't know if they will have eps 27-30, but they probably will.
Old 2004-01-30, 07:17   Link #37
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
They will have the new episodes, guaranteed.

What's unknown is if CN will air the 4 recap episodes, which is unlikely since they're wholly unnecessary.
Old 2004-01-31, 22:33   Link #38
Go-lytely

Unnecessary yes, but still entertaining. I thought the series was depressing as a whole but the extra eps take it one step further.
Old 2004-01-31, 23:03   Link #39
SpikeSpencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
Unnecessary yes, but still entertaining. I thought the series was depressing as a whole but the extra eps take it one step further.
Can't tell if you mean that is a bad thing....depressing it may be(to some) ...dramic perhaps... overly dramic probably...regardless there is alot of emotion in this series, I like it for that reason adn its an interesting idea done without being cheesy or completely frasical, that adds to its appeal... and besides anything Yoko Kanno doest he music for already is good in my eyes. ^-^
Old 2004-02-09, 01:48   Link #40
Mao-Yenrai
Juppon Gatana

Send a message via AIM to Mao-Yenrai
Wolf's Rain Extension

What do you guys think of Wolf's rain now that episode 27 has been released? And what did you guys think of the series of a whole up to now? Are the days of Yoko Kanno and Shinichiro done?
Closed Thread