AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-06-02, 23:42   Link #8581
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Although the concept is good, I have to say, ARE YOU NUTS!? I don't know if that was implicit hate on Wendy, but the kid just BARELY got her ultimate slayer arts, which btw, if used continuously, would destroy her, and in case you missed it, Makarov just said that Jura as he is now, would make an even match against Gildarts, THE Gildarts, and you want him to fight Wendy. Pick your battles better next time bro^^;;, besides, Jura already battled, so no repeats for now.
Hmph! I lost anything that resembled sanity a long time ago. On that note I see your point, It is too high of a hurdle for her at this time. What I really wanted out of all of that was for Wendy to display the whole "Pride of a Dragon Slayer" thing. I'd want her to fight and lose horribly but still not give in and struggle with everything she's got, much like the other 2 dragon slayers have displayed in the past. Btw I love Wendy the most (next to Kuroko). The reason I picked Jura is because he is a completely insurmountable wall for her, but it may be better to pick someone who's strong but not a saint level (as long as she experiences failure before victory).
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 23:59   Link #8582
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Hmph! I lost anything that resembled sanity a long time ago. On that note I see your point, It is too high of a hurdle for her at this time. What I really wanted out of all of that was for Wendy to display the whole "Pride of a Dragon Slayer" thing. I'd want her to fight and lose horribly but still not give in and struggle with everything she's got, much like the other 2 dragon slayers have displayed in the past. Btw I love Wendy the most (next to Kuroko). The reason I picked Jura is because he is a completely insurmountable wall for her, but it may be better to pick someone who's strong but not a saint level (as long as she experiences failure before victory).
Ah, well now that makes more sense. Should've said that sooner^^;;.
Old 2012-06-03, 01:28   Link #8583
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh my... that Fairy Glitter is too awesome...

hahaha... Fairy Tail owns two latest chapters!!! finally this arc really become interesting (start after Elfman wins... climaxed in Erza's pandemonium battle... and now Cana's Fairy Glitter...)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 02:31   Link #8584
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
In the manga he gets swept up in Ultear's magic and after that he's clearly lost his mind. Ultear also admitted she had him under her control the whole time and was responsible for everything he did. I don't think Mashima left much room for any blame to be placed on Jellal.
Urtear's statements would fit either way, though. Manipulating with words can still loosely be called "control," particularly when she's trying to take all the blame.

In reading the manga, I could buy it being magical possession as long as it was Zeref-the-ultimate-evil, but once "Zeref" was revealed to be Urtear, that pretty much told me it was all just ventriloquism and good acting. (And Gerard being a massive tool ) Especially once we learned that alignment-fiddling is the domain of Nirvana.

The anime changed this to make him more sympathetic, but it's a bit of a cop-out, and the manga has stuck to its guns.

Last edited by MechR; 2012-06-03 at 02:53.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 07:23   Link #8585
haegar
mangaviking

I really like this chapter:
- awesome Mavis/Makarov conversation
- dat ass rules (not the cover, the one later in the chapter)
- over 9000 rules

some thoughts:
I like the fact that on the one hand Kana got the Mavis boost to be able to use it now but on the other hand Mavis also said she has the dormant power to get there all by herself in the future. I like how she had to drink a shitload of booze to get over her insecurities which STILL are there. My fear was that Hiro would just 180 from her being pathetically insecure and afraid in S-class to her being all gung-ho badass now that she has recieved Glitter and talked to daddy. I EXPECT him however to follow up on this with MORE character development. I am willing to overlook the s-class blunder more than I did before if he keeps going this way: displaying her as having gained a significant amount of powerup and more self-respect - but still being in the process of maturing into a person deserving to be in the top ranks of FT. If he neglects to accomanpy her power development with this I shall rant at some time again. She's a great character and I hope he spends some time and effort to keep developing her further.

as for Raven Tail, they might plan to wear Laxus out in the tournament fight and try to get his Lacrima afterwars in an ambush after the fight? I am sure Ivan will make an attempt to get the Lacrima but I highly doubt this is their only agenda. Humiliating FT is part of their agenda but Mavis already hinted she fears there is more behind it and tried to warn Makarov about that, I am with her on this. (considering Ivan's infatuation with Lacrimas I still fully expect them to have constructed a huuge one and to try powering/charging it up with the energy Obra syphons off of other mages during the tournament or something along those lines. ATM I do not think they are allied with Zeref but to me they still are a Dark Guild in disguise)

I liked that Kagura now has some respect for Erza's power, I hope that will stop her from acting overly rashly. Also golden how little pumpkin for the first time was so impressed by something that he is sweating: "food for thought" indeed. I wonder if when saying that he speaks as a simple tournament judge or also as a co-conspirator of Zeref's knight...

Oh and Hiro seems to make a running gag out of Sting shitting his pants over FT badassery every single chapter: I approve
Old 2012-06-03, 08:32   Link #8586
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Sad that all the strong female mages are irrelevant when Natsu's always the one saving the day. =\
Old 2012-06-03, 08:41   Link #8587
haegar
mangaviking

oh I am sure there will come a time and day where Kana has mastered it and puts it to good use. Such a spell is not made for the MPF. It's mad to waste the fing arcboss XD (not sure if THIS arc though )

edit: unless Hiro screws up that is :grin

edit: speaking of MPF: something I forgot in last post: @ Randrak who didn't like the other guilds getting points via MPF: While she did it with her usual style, Erza did kinda go around the rules there, or at least went around the intention behind the rules: She turned a tactics game into a powerlevel game which she pwned from the getgo. What she got out of challenging 100 is neverdying fame for herself and her guild. So it is only fair to the other players if the they get compensated for Erza unexpectedly breaking the rules. This wasn't Erza's "fault", it was the judges fault for not anticipating what it means to host games in which FT participates so the judges made up for their fault in not including FT awesomeness in their calculation by introducing MPF machine. Fine by me, all the more since FT basically made a staement of "Oh well screw that, in this case our B Team pwns, too "
Old 2012-06-03, 09:37   Link #8588
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

I just imagined what if Cana went first on that MPF... They would need a new game... again....

Laxus probably toughed to himself "I want some black lightning sushi".

By the way I think now that it's possible that on the 3rd day we will see Natsu vs Sting.
Why? Well since it's been strongly suggested that the DS of Fairy Tail and SaberTooth will fight (Gajeel&Natsu vs Rouge&Sting) the only way to do so in the tournament is to make Natsu and Sting fight today and Gajeel with someone(Juvia) fight Rouge with someone(Rufus) in the tag Battle on day 4.
That way we can get Gray&Wendy vs Leon&Chelia, so that Gray and Leon can duke it out for Juvia and Wendy gets an opponent her size!

Well nothing stopping Mashima from trolling the shit out of me.

Now that I think about it... Sting must really stink right now whit all that sweating.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 09:51   Link #8589
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Gray vs Sting
Natsu vs Leon

Because the other way around is too mainstream! *hipster*
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 09:54   Link #8590
haegar
mangaviking

^might happen as it has been some time since he last trolled expectations purposefully

btw: another thing I forgot: anybody else have a problem with Kana flirting with Hibiki of all people? I somehow don't see the couple - I mean not that it matters as Hiro never seems to seriously do couples other than Bisca/alzac and Jelly/Erza ...
Old 2012-06-03, 10:06   Link #8591
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
^might happen as it has been some time since he last trolled expectations purposefully

btw: another thing I forgot: anybody else have a problem with Kana flirting with Hibiki of all people? I somehow don't see the couple - I mean not that it matters as Hiro never seems to seriously do couples other than Bisca/alzac and Jelly/Erza ...
I think it kinda fits them. She's a drunk and he's a host ... it's not like it's all that odd Hibiki flirts with every (atractive) girl and Kana likes good lookin guys (a little less than drinking).
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 13:07   Link #8592
haegar
mangaviking

I rly liked Bacchus XD He should fall for her now that she pwned

they don't have to hook up but he should start courting her rather than Hibiki, endless potential for funny scenes
Old 2012-06-03, 13:13   Link #8593
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Daddy Gildartz is not pleased with seeing drunks and playboys around his baby girl.
Old 2012-06-03, 13:43   Link #8594
Krookodile

With this new chapter, doesn't this mean the other teams will get points as well? Sucks for Erza then :/ I was hoping the other teams would get 0 for her awesomeness.
Krookodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 13:49   Link #8595
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Daddy Gildartz is not pleased with seeing drunks and playboys around his baby girl.
which is point in case for BacchusXKana having endless potential for laugh - as if Gildartz of all people had a right to complain about pimpin around
Old 2012-06-03, 13:57   Link #8596
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookodile View Post
With this new chapter, doesn't this mean the other teams will get points as well? Sucks for Erza then :/ I was hoping the other teams would get 0 for her awesomeness.
Thus my calling of bullshit while reading most of the chapter :I

Quote:
which is point in case for BacchusXKana having endless potential for laugh - as if Gildartz of all people had a right to complain about pimpin around
I think he won't care about having "the right to complain" while he's strangling Bacchus after Natsu oh so casually "let it slip" that he stripped Cana while she was out cold.
Old 2012-06-03, 14:07   Link #8597
Krono

Quote:
Nah, Hibiki and the other hosts flirt in general, and Cana been implied to be fairly experienced in dating herself. So no real reason they shouldn't engage in a bit of flirting, or go on a date, or have a bit of a fling.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 14:08   Link #8598
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
I think he won't care about having "the right to complain" while he's strangling Bacchus after Natsu oh so casually "let it slip" that he stripped Cana while she was out cold.

see, and that's why it would be fun

though of course GIldartz, being the man he is would react like so: you drank her under the table and then took her bra? Way to go boy, way to go! ... no...wait...actually: *BANG* wall and bacchus end up on street, ensuing chaos.
Old 2012-06-03, 14:11   Link #8599
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Where is Gildarts anyway?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 14:14   Link #8600
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Where is Gildarts anyway?
Nobody knows

Quote:
see, and that's why it would be fun

though of course GIldartz, being the man he is would react like so: you drank her under the table and then took her bra? Way to go boy, way to go! ... no...wait...actually: *BANG* wall and bacchus end up on street, ensuing chaos.
Then again the same could be said if he had done it to any of the FT girls (that he's known since they were kids). Gildartz, like Makarov, seems to have the habit of looking at them as his own kids.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen