AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-13, 00:29   Link #141
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Extended Spike VGA Trailer

Old 2011-12-13, 00:44   Link #142
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Looks awesome. Glad this one is not canon anymore to the MGS game series.

Finally a true game for Raiden.
Old 2011-12-13, 03:25   Link #143
Xion Valkyrie

So revengeance is a real word:

http://www.websters-online-dictionar...ns/revengeance
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 12:22   Link #144
marvelB

I have really mixed feelings about this one. I mean, I do love MGS, and while Platinum certainly does have a good output of quality games, this news still feels so..... bizarre to me. It kinda reminds me of how I felt when I first heard about Metroid: Other M. The title doesn't exactly help, either (sorry, but I just have trouble taking stories with "VENGEANCE" or "REDEMPTION" or whatever in their title seriously ). Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for more gameplay/story details to pop up before making a more firm judgement, I suppose.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 12:25   Link #145
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
It does, doesn't it? It's like they combined bayonetta with vanquish and slapped on the world of metal gear. Doesn't soud like a bad combination at all tho
More like god of war, but hey what ever you guys say.
Old 2011-12-13, 12:34   Link #146
marvelB

^But Bayonetta and Vanquish may be a more accurate comparison in this case considering who's taking over development now.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 12:56   Link #147
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What ever. I dispise bayonetta god of war was atleast decent. I woulda said DMC but they don't exactly have quick time events.

Actually it seems more like Asura's wrath.
Old 2011-12-13, 14:21   Link #148
Sides

To me the game looks more like a mixture of god hand and vanquish than anything else. Don't really see how the game has anything in common with the DMC series or Bayonetta.
Just noticed that they changed it to Metal Gear Rising, probably to show that it is a not a direct continuation of the Solid series
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 18:02   Link #149
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Just noticed that they changed it to Metal Gear Rising, probably to show that it is a not a direct continuation of the Solid series
Yup, that's exactly the case. It's a spin-off series, not included in the MGS timeline. I believe the dropped stealth element in the game is also one of the of cause of the name change.
Old 2011-12-13, 18:25   Link #150
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Extended Spike VGA Trailer

That end. xD
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 11:36   Link #151
solidvanz
Special Operative

Kojima Explains How Platinum Games Saved Metal Gear Rising

Konami held an informal press conference in El Segundo, Ca, Monday. Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima and Platinum Games producer Atsushi Inaba were there to discuss their collaboration on the recently re-announced Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

A 24-minute documentary screened prior to the Q&A — detailing the rocky production of Metal Gear Rising — a game originally announced in 2010. Kojima Productions staff, with little guidance from Kojima himself, sought to tell the story of Raiden's transformation from reviled weirdo to beloved anti-hero. And their goal was to inject the new side-story with the fast-paced swordplay, granting gamers the satisfaction of chopping everything in the game to pieces. But the team struggled to make the game work. And though story and motion capture had already been produced, Kojima felt ready to scrap the whole thing.

“I probably should have stepped in,” Kojima admitted via translator during the question and answer session. The problem, he says, was one of leadership. He had hoped that allowing his staff to spearhead a project on their own would help some of his team grow into the position of game designers. But things didn't pan out quite as he'd hoped.

When Kojima created the first Metal Gear Solid game in 1998 he did it with a tiny team. “We had twenty people make everything from scratch,” Kojima says. “That was the last generation I was able to do that.” Now, he says, staff expansion has turned the game-making process into “a kind of a line — or mass production — where staff members only really care about their assignment.”

And that's not the best environment for training new game designers. “They can't see other areas,” he laments. “A game designer really needs to have a vision of the whole game-creating process.” And Kojima was having difficulty finding such a person at Kojima Productions. So he was forced to look outside his studio for a fresh set of eyes and new leadership for his wayward game.

At first Kojima considered shopping Metal Gear Rising to Western studios. But he thought better of the notion because the game was about the katana – a uniquely Japanese weapon. “If I take this project to them in one year I will come back and it won't be a katana,” he joked. “It will probably be a gun with a chainsaw or something.”

And Kojima wasn't ready to take the project over for himself. The whole swordplay thing? “That wasn't my idea,” he says. “I'm not a katana maniac like Itagaki — if I had to chose between a katana and a gun, I'd probably choose a gun.

So Kojima went to Atsushi Inaba — a producer he bumped into regularly at social functions. “At first I thought it was a joke,” Inaba says of the initial offer to take over the game. But Kojima was dead serious on righting the ship he had too long let stray off course.

Once the Platinum Games producer realized that Kojima wasn't pulling his leg he set his team in Osaka to work with lightning speed. In a week Platinum Games had turned in a written plan for salvaging Metal Gear Rising. In several months Inaba's team hammered out a working alpha version of the game. Their approach was to make kind cuts. And stealth, considered by some to be the soul of Metal Gear, was ditched to make way for more swordplay and over-the-top action.

“I don't think soul can be explained in words,” Inaba says of the beloved Metal Gear franchise. Platinum Games took on Metal Gear Rising, he says, because they all have great love for the series. If it was just another gig they would have turned it down. “We're working with a lot of love and respect,” he says. So every change they make to the original Kojima Productions plan is made with the care of a surgeon.

“You could tell they were having a hard time,” Inaba says of the original team’s struggle with the material. The Platinum Games approach to Metal Gear Rising is to stay true to the concept of the original vision and apply their skills as game designers towards “making it fun.”

Inaba and Kojima are still tight-lipped about who is directing the new Metal Gear Rising. Speculators can probably cross Hideki Kamiya off their short list. Kojima admits to having great admiration for the director of Okami and Bayonetta. “Okami had a huge impact on me,” he says. When he played the artful 2006 adventure he found himself having to put down the controller. “I was too jealous.”

Though Kojima liked the idea of turning his baby over to a game designer he admired, Inaba knew better than to assign the task to his star player. “If you work with Kamiya,” the time-conscious producer joked, “you will be delayed!”

Link: http://www.oxmonline.com/kojima-expl...al-gear-rising
Old 2011-12-14, 15:08   Link #152
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Geez, even their explanation videos are lengthy. :P
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 23:47   Link #153
solidvanz
Special Operative

Old 2011-12-15, 01:06   Link #154
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
^ Wait.... waitwaitwait... is that "Zanzibar Breeze" playing over the trailer~?
Old 2012-06-01, 03:09   Link #155
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

E3 trailer has been unveiled and the game has been given a release window of early 2013:

Looks like Platinum's got this under control. Nice to see some of the cutting mechanics still present there too, even if not exactly the same way.~
Old 2012-06-01, 03:39   Link #156
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

That last "WRONG" is amazing.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 04:25   Link #157
Chase

Game looks awesome, as expected from Platinum Games.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 05:36   Link #158
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

"This game has not yet been rated".

lolwat?

It's going to have gore, and lots of it. Might put games like Dead Space and Ninja Gaiden to shame. Just chalk it up to M and lets move on.

Anyway, the game is looking more and more fantastic. I was always excited for this one, never once had any complaints. Day 1 purchase.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 06:20   Link #159
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Much better. Raiden doesn't sound like Dante anymore in this trailer. (and hopefully will stay that way).
Old 2012-06-01, 06:59   Link #160
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

He sounded like Dante before?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote