AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-13, 20:44   Link #1
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Scribblenauts

Ok game of the show in E3 for IGN, Gamespot, and Gamespy also being praised by many other gaming journalist as the biggest surprise of E3. This game looks amazing and I very surprise almost nobody is talking about this.
Read the comment here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=217
and look at some of the videos.

Could be one of the best game ever imo.
Thanks to Shinoto for finding this amazing image .
Old 2009-06-13, 21:30   Link #2
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Together, Our love for Scribblenauts shall convert the non-believers!

It has been cleaning up awards on almost every site, I think 4 wins on Gamespy, 2 for Gamespot, and 2 for Ign. Easily looks to be the most original and innovative game released in the past few years.
Old 2009-06-13, 23:06   Link #3
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
Together, Our love for Scribblenauts shall convert the non-believers!

It has been cleaning up awards on almost every site, I think 4 wins on Gamespy, 2 for Gamespot, and 2 for Ign. Easily looks to be the most original and innovative game released in the past few years.
Yes we must show the awesomeness of game containing God riding skateboard with shotgun to others .
Old 2009-06-15, 13:42   Link #4
Zarifus

Longcat is Looooooong, and apparently in scribblenauts as well. Seriously...

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/04/pl...-keyboard-cat/

The game was pretty interesting, but that article just made it so much more awesome.
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 15:00   Link #5
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Did you just read that sentence? Did you really? I FUCKING TRAVELED THROUGH TIME AND JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR AND USED IT TO KILL MOTHERFUCKING ROBOT ZOMBIES.
@Terrestrial: Rofl. Awesome game indeed. I read the thread that you linked from neogaf, and the creative designer, the one who came up with this game idea, is posting on this site (username: jackson) That was a nice read, thanks
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 15:16   Link #6
gunshottrigun
Crazy Shrine Maiden

Send a message via AIM to gunshottrigun Send a message via MSN to gunshottrigun Send a message via Yahoo to gunshottrigun
It just looks so awesome. I hope the appeal lasts long though...
gunshottrigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 01:42   Link #7
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

So they started to do Scribblenauted avatars on Neogaf

FEEL THE WRAITH OF SCRIBBENAUT SHUICHI SHINDO!
Old 2009-09-05, 04:57   Link #8
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

10 Day countdown!

Old 2009-09-05, 05:22   Link #9
Theowne
耳をすませば

When I heard of this, I thought that it would take a LOT to not make it feel gimmicky, but I have to admit that it seems like it may go beyond my expectations.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 10:34   Link #10
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Saw this on E3, gosh can't believe this would be coming out soon.. can't wait for it.

The creativity and patience for making this game is astounding. I wonder how many words they added into the game.
Old 2009-09-11, 11:16   Link #11
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Ok, this game will be my next DS game . Just awesome in every way Can't wait for the french version
Old 2009-09-11, 11:32   Link #12
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

4 Moar Days! 4 Moar Days!
Old 2009-09-11, 19:35   Link #13
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Being the terribly impatient person that I am, I decided to pirate the game for now and buy it when it comes out, so keep your panties in a bunch.

Good game so far... but I don't know if I'll be able to go through the entire game, because the appeal is kind of wearing off already and I only beat the first world. There are 10 worlds plus a tutorial world, and each world except the tutorial has 22 stages each. 11 of those stages are "puzzle stages", where you give a policeman something that would associate with him (I typed in a gun and accidentally shot him instead of giving it to him) of farm animals or try and figure out how to get through a bed of water inhabited by a piranha (I typed in a shark and he took care of the problem really quick). Action stages are more platformy I suppose, since you work around the stage and push switches to open gates and stuff to reach the goal. There is a limit to how many things you can have on screen at once, but the less items you use to solve gives you a better cash reward at the end, which in turn you can use to open the other worlds and buy music and avatars and stuff.

Being able to summon almost anything is where the game shines of course, but like I said the appeal kind of wore off for me really quick, but I suppose I'll get back into it once I get to the more complicated stages. The most exciting thing that happened to me was typing in "Hell" and bringing forth the gates of hell, which then in turn unleashed a devil that started attacking me. I counteracted by typing in "Heaven", and God came out of the gates of Heaven and killed the devil. For some reason, I summoned a vampire after that and he turned God into a zombie, and they both gangraped me before I was able to type in a "nuke". Good times. I also typed in "lotiuma girl" and a girl spinning a leek appeared before me, but I tried typing in "loli" and got nothing.

I don't know if it's my lack of imagination and creativity or what, but I can't see myself going through all 220 levels anytime in the near future. Still a good game though.

And apparently there a total of 22,802 words that can be used.

Last edited by Tamad; 2009-09-11 at 19:50.
Tamad is offline   Reply With Quote