AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-02, 19:19   Link #681
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Well, I can report that the game works pretty well in a Windows 7 virtual machine on a late 2008 Macbook, provided you turn the screen resolution down. That's got a 2GHz processor, although there's probably some overhead from the virtualization, so I'd say 1.8-2GHz is a fairly accurate minimum requirement.
Old 2011-01-02, 19:36   Link #682
Terras

R-Rena is going to be added? What the heck?
Old 2011-01-02, 19:41   Link #683
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldend Dominator View Post
Ah, brilliant. I'll have a look around Amazon and Game then. Thanks for your help!
I just bought this £5 little cheapy. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ef=oss_product

Also the keyboard binder is amazingly useful. I can actually use special moves effectively now.

I've done arcade mode with Eva/Ange and Eva/410 (the final Beato/Lucifer battle was a nightmare).

Am I the only one that thinks saying
'Red only tells the truth', to prove that it does, is a bit redundant?

I am Racheya-Beatrice, the Emerald Witch of Ambition
Old 2011-01-02, 19:52   Link #684
Kidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe8 View Post
After hours of play, Ange is pretty rigged as you can do 5 "See You Again" in one Meta World change
You can do the same with whatever Virgilia's meta skill is (my record is six).
Old 2011-01-02, 19:53   Link #685
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Small corner combo, I think something similar to this might become the corner bnb for the Ange/Beatrice team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKUdhImjEAo

Can also be done with only 1 bar, 1/1 or 1/2, damage then is about 4, 4.4 and 4.6 respectively.
Old 2011-01-02, 20:03   Link #686
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
Hey guys, I'm missing the voices 23 and 24. Any idea how to unlock them (beat the game in Easy and Medium, still trying Hard)? And do you know if there are more than 26?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidan View Post
Hope you like voicesets!

Spoiler for gigantic image:

I can't actually read any of those names, and there's nothing after 26.

(Well, okay, I lied, there's a 27th, but that one doesn't do anything.)
Bernkastel, Lambdadelta, Goats, Battler, Ange, Shannon, Kanon, Beatrice, Virgilia, Eva Beatrice, Ronove, Lucifer, Leviathan, Satan, Belphegor, Mammon, Beelzebub, Asmodeus, Siesta 410, Siesta 45, Siesta 00, Sakutaro, Zepar, Furfur, Umineko-san 1, Umineko-san 2

Also regarding keyboards, keyboards (and laptop keyboards in particular) are generally manufactured "cheaply" - that is, the number of physical circuits are reduced resulting in a fewer number of certain key combinations. An amusing test to see how your keyboard fares is to hold both SHIFT keys down, and try to type out the entire alphabet - in most cases, you cant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep_ View Post
I need some help getting my ps3 controller to work.

I set all the drivers up but I have no idea what the lay out is, the movement controls keeps switching to different things on the d-pad and I can't really play when it happens.
Set the layout for yourself... or borrow mine (which a few others use too, barring some minor differences)
Spoiler for Hidden for size:
Old 2011-01-02, 22:33   Link #687
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

How do I work the keybind?

And forgive me for being silly, but how do you skip the op?
Old 2011-01-02, 22:44   Link #688
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post

Put the keybind files in the Ougon folder and open up the file with the .ini extension, inside you'll see:

Spoiler for size:

below that you'll see a bunch of DIK_number/letter, the code at the right side of each one corresponds to that key on the keyboard example: to assign the ESC key to the pause menu look for DIK_ESCAPE 0x01 and put 0x01 at the end of "KeyStart =" above. Once you fill in all of the inputs above with the code you want you run the kbrebind.exe file it'll make a GameMain-kb.exe file which when ran will launch the game using the new inputs instead of the old inputs.

As for the OP you can press Z while it's playing to bring up the menu options but the OP will continue in the background either way so you cant fully "skip" the OP but you can still select arcade/versus etc as it plays.
Old 2011-01-02, 23:19   Link #689
Luxuria

How do you play on network? ; A ;
I dunno Japanese, sorry.

If I choose the 1st option on 'Network', all I get are the numbers: 07700
2nd option under 'Network': 192.168.001.001:07700

; A ;
Old 2011-01-02, 23:24   Link #690
Milfeulle9001

Quote:

I don't think there's such thing as skipping in this case, as the OP is actually part of the menu.
Old 2011-01-02, 23:32   Link #691
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxuria View Post
How do you play on network? ; A ;
I dunno Japanese, sorry.

If I choose the 1st option on 'Network', all I get are the numbers: 07700
2nd option under 'Network': 192.168.001.001:07700

; A ;
Choosing the first option will make you the host, when it brings up 07700 it's asking what port to use, if you know what ports you already have open you can change it otherwise leave it as is. Press A to continue which will bring you to something saying 2/60, this is input delay and you can leave this as is unless you're expecting to lag in which case you can turn it up a bit to 4 or 5. Pressing A one last time will make you wait for someone to connect to you and you'll have to give your IP to the person you want to play with. If you don't know your IP you can go here: http://www.whatsmyip.org/

Choose the second option if you want to join instead of host. In this case you'll have to ask for the persons IP address and put it in on the 192.168.001.001 portion and put in the port they're using where it says 07700 (most likely it will be 07700 anyways).
Old 2011-01-02, 23:36   Link #692
Luxuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrail View Post
Choosing the first option will make you the host, when it brings up 07700 it's asking what port to use, if you know what ports you already have open you can change it otherwise leave it as is. Press A to continue which will bring you to something saying 2/60, this is input delay and you can leave this as is unless you're expecting to lag in which case you can turn it up a bit to 4 or 5. Pressing A one last time will make you wait for someone to connect to you and you'll have to give your IP to the person you want to play with. If you don't know your IP you can go here: http://www.whatsmyip.org/

Choose the second option if you want to join instead of host. In this case you'll have to ask for the persons IP address and put it in on the 192.168.001.001 portion and put in the port they're using where it says 07700 (most likely it will be 07700 anyways).
Oh thanks Azrail
Old 2011-01-02, 23:47   Link #693
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

Np happy to help.
Old 2011-01-03, 00:03   Link #694
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Since a few have posted their combo videos, allow me to post some:
Battler->Beato Meta Tower Spam
Beato->Battler->Beato Meta

The first two were reliant on stunning. This one involves only Battler and has slighly higher damage, and is not reliant on stun (still stuns).
Battler Meta Combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
Small corner combo, I think something similar to this might become the corner bnb for the Ange/Beatrice team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKUdhImjEAo

Can also be done with only 1 bar, 1/1 or 1/2, damage then is about 4, 4.4 and 4.6 respectively.
How come Battler is not going to stun? Whenever I tried to tower spam with Beato I always stun the opponent at the first tower.
EDIT: NVM, I'll try modifying my tower spam combo.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.

Last edited by Christen; 2011-01-03 at 00:14.
Old 2011-01-03, 00:20   Link #695
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Thanks! I'm getting a bit lost with the controls though, how do I use the skills and metaworld supers? The whole keybinder thing together with this is making me confused.
Old 2011-01-03, 00:27   Link #696
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

Quote:
Thanks! I'm getting a bit lost with the controls though, how do I use the skills and metaworld supers? The whole keybinder thing together with this is making me confused.
If it helps you can use my keybinder settings:
Spoiler for size:

The controls will then be as follows:
Z= Light Attack
X= Medium Attack
C = Heavy Attack
D = Grab
LeftShift = Metaworld
A = Super moves shortcut
Enter = Pause
Arrowkeys = move

To use metaworld you only need 1 SP gauge and with my controls all you need to do is hit shift to enter meta-world after that if you want to use your meta-super you need to input forward, back, down, forward + C.
Old 2011-01-03, 00:33   Link #697
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Thanks!

Quote:
forward, back, down, forward + C.
You mean the arrow keys?
Old 2011-01-03, 00:39   Link #698
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

Quote:
Thanks!

You mean the arrow keys?
Yep the arrow keys and np hope it helps.
Old 2011-01-03, 00:42   Link #699
Mikachiru
test

Anyone know how much HP everyone has?
Old 2011-01-03, 01:05   Link #700
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Is it possible to re-bind with another set of keys once you have already done it once? I can't seem to re-edit the keys.
Closed Thread