Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-06-24, 20:57   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Japanese Fashions

Quote:
Some time back I was watching Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge ep 5 : " Feast of the Beautiful Creatures " . Yeah the fashion episode I was intrigued and interested So I Wikied up the results . I found a nice article on Wiki I had bookmarked the article today while organizing bookmarks I found it
Japanese fashion consists of a mixture of both traditional and modern styles. Most of the traditional Japanese fashion has evolved to what is known as street fashion today although occasionally, traces of traditional Japanese fashion can be encountered in large cities of Japan. Contents 1 Background

# Background

- Japan began to emulate Western fashion during the middle of the 19th century. Later into the 21st century, it altered into what is known as 'Street Fashion' today.

- The term 'Street Fashion' is used to describe fashion where the wearer personally customizes the outfits by adopting a mixture of current and traditional trends. Such clothes are generally home-made with the use of material bought from the stores.

- At present, there are many styles of dresses in Japan, from a mix of both local and foreign labels. Some of these styles are extreme and avant-garde similar to the haute couture seen on European catwalks.

- The rise and fall of many of these trends has been chronicled by Shoichi Aoki since 1997 in the fashion magazine FRUiTS, which is a notable magazine for the promotion of street fashion in Japan.

# Modern Japanese fashion

Supposedly street fashion has become the most popular trend in Japan today. Great deals of young Japanese wear the outlandish clothes in large urban fashion districts such as Harajuku, Ginza, Odaiba, Shinjuku and Shibuya.

* Lolita

Spoiler:

* Cosplay

Spoiler:

* Kogal

Spoiler:

* Ganguro

Spoiler:

* Bōsōzoku

Spoiler:

* Elegant Gothic Aristocrat

Spoiler:

NOTE : Fashion Police has arrested me on numerous occasions so small inaccuracies are expected
Old 2007-06-24, 21:32   Link #2
ibreatheanime

Very interesting,
However I cant imagine walking down the streey with a teddy bear and a bonnet. (see gothic lolita pic)
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 22:57   Link #3
CandyVanMan
Part Time Hikikomori

What about the punk and American urban fashion? During my week in Tokyo I ran into quite a few pierced-up spikers and even a couple of guys with shaved heads and hoodies. The punk stores were the best. It was a shame that my faddazz wouldn't have fit into anything.
CandyVanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 23:31   Link #4
Yakult

Err.. so is there really a large amount of people who walk around in those lolita outfits in Japan? I think the only sane and normal everyday outfit seems to be that 'kogal' outfit
Yakult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 23:36   Link #5
Spark

Ooo.. those ganguro girls look like they could be a fun time. ^.^

On another note..
Spoiler for orly!!:
Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 00:28   Link #6
GreenBinderGirl
Teh green binder.

Whoa! That Gothic Elegant Aristocraft style looks really, really cool! =o I think I may have found myself a new hobby...
GreenBinderGirl is offline   Reply With Quote