Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-18, 16:22   Link #21
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

It was a joke ROFL

means kidding

But on page 10 top right doesn't 1 of the guys look like Orochimaru ?

edit: I think Itachi has Byakugan how in the hell did i threw a Kunai on some target behind the Rock
Old 2004-06-18, 16:32   Link #22
Shadamehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
It was a joke ROFL

means kidding

But on page 10 top right doesn't 1 of the guys look like Orochimaru ?
Hehe, you had me looking all over the thing.

Quote:
edit: I think Itachi has Byakugan how in the hell did i threw a Kunai on some target behind the Rock
Well he's the one that put the target there. Maybe with his l33t shuriken throwing skills he was able to hit it by memory.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 16:32   Link #23
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:

Yeah, i noticed that too. Kishimoto has a lot of explaining to do.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 16:41   Link #24
Nine Devil

ROFL, do you know what would be funny, if that guy indeed was Orochimaru asking Itachi's dad for experimenting on his son and Dad agrees whahaha.
Old 2004-06-18, 17:28   Link #25
_Riku_

It seems like they really loved eachother.. brotherly....

If the story was before the mascre.. I wouldn't even think that Ita would kill the clan...
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 17:34   Link #26
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Damn, Itachi is awesome. And his father was a pimp did you guys saw, the Hyuga Leader kissing Uchiha clan leaders feat! . anyways for a second i thought i saw Orochimaru hmmm.
At least you openly admit you like to do hardcore drugs
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 19:10   Link #27
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
O_O I never imagined Itachi to be such a loving brother as to give his little brother piggy back rides to and back out of a forest... That's so nice of him... Why don't my sibbling do that?
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 19:38   Link #28
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Kinda conflicted really, want to know what was said in this issue and just want to see the fight between Naruto and Sasuke. Hopefully this won't be a big flashback or maybe they'll just spread it out over the course of the fight.

Then again maybe it's time for Sasuke to feel the wraith of Naruto's crying shoulder technique where all the villains break down into tears about how their family didn't love them.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 19:43   Link #29
hi no ken Jebus

Manga Chapter 220 Discussion[Manga]

lol yea got to love how they disrupt the pace of a match with flashbacks. anyway we all saw this coming now this leads to even more confusion about how crazy and demented itachi is. now im beginning to lean towards that he was in the wrong place kind of situation and he didnt wipe out the clan. from earlier on he seemed kind of a loner and what not. but if this flashback is real and not something sasuke is wishing to be true then what the hell happened to itachi to make him snap. well this seems to be an answer hopefully it wont be stupid or just a "measuring stick" like he said.
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 20:20   Link #30
knightmare
::bloom to perish::

Send a message via AIM to knightmare Send a message via Yahoo to knightmare
Damn why did they have to do this flashback? In my mind its just made things worse by portraying Itachi as a really nice brother. Now I really want to know the method to Itachi's madness by the massacre of the Itachi clan. This is really bugging me!!!!
knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 20:23   Link #31
Nine Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare
Damn why did they have to do this flashback? In my mind its just made things worse by portraying Itachi as a really nice brother. Now I really want to know the method to Itachi's madness by the massacre of the Itachi clan. This is really bugging me!!!!
Dude, there is the reason why he snapped is stated(well i guess)but we can't understand. So please stop talking like it sucks its bad,we don't care anyways. Just wait for the translation im sure they will reveal Orochimaru muahhahahahahaha!
Old 2004-06-18, 20:34   Link #32
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

I never saw Itachi as a crazed killer. Things about his character never really seemed to make sence to me. Itachi is made out to be this evil, cold blooded character, but everytime we see him he has had a chance to kill but he never did. He didn't kill his brother, he said because he wasn't worth killing, but Itachi was willing to kill children and the old members of his clan. He telling Sasuke he isn't worth killing just because he was afraid makes no sence, it always seemed to me more of an excuse not to kill his brother.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 20:34   Link #33
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Chapter is called Itachi & Sasuke

Its really hard to read the kanji in the raw but it appears that it starts with a flashback within a flashback. Itachi is carrying Sasuke piggy back because earlier during shuriken training Sasuke tried to train with his brother (who once finishing his own training just wanted to go home) and Sasuke ended up injuring his knee.
Itachi therefore carries him back to the Uchiha village. On the way back they pass the "Honbu" of the Konoha something or other (cant make this out) Honbu = Headquarters btw. Then theres something about what the Uchiha Clan symbol represents. Sasuke asks Itachi if he will train at the Honbu as that is where their dad is (and he's amazing). Itachi doesn't seem too sure but Sasuke is psyched that he will one day join and become strong like his brother.
Then they spot their father who wonders where they have been, he needs to talk to them.
Next there father sums up Itachi's achievements (Chuunen and Anbu member) at such a young age, he seems amazed (and perhaps slightly distirbed) this has been accomplished by his own son.But he tells Itachi that the next morning he will have to go to meet with someone very important (Its actually an Uchiha family member but i cant quite read their first name something like "ichizoku" perhaps its the leader of the Uchiha clan???) anyhow his father is telling him this like he has no say in the matter. Itachi however doesn't want to attend as he has something else he wants to do, their father however is outraged that Itachi would pass over on this meeting untill Itachi explains the exact reason why he doesn't want to leave in the morning to visit that person. Tomorrow is Sasuke's first day at the Academy and will be his entrance ceremony (it looks like he has promised Sasuke he would be there). On hearing this their father suddenly remembers this, and completely understands Itachis motive and agrees with him.

Firstly I'd like to say in my defense I'm pretty tired and secondly that my Japanese gets worse by the day So please dont take my word for it, wait for the official translations, hopefully this will give you a very rough guide of what is going on though........

Also I think there's some strange subtext going on here between Itachi and his father that I dont have a hope in hell of picking up, he seems to be proud and yet fearful of Itachi's power and there are a couple of strange looks that pass between father and son, perhaps he is trying to control Itachi a little too much.......

Anyhow please wait for the official translations to make this all a bit clearer.

The most interesting point to come out of the chapter seems to be that for all his remoteness Itachi seems to actually have cared about his brother.....
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 20:39   Link #34
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
aw, so he refused to meet with the clan leader so that he could go to sasuke's enterance ceremony? that's so sweet!
I bet Itachi had a good reason for what he did..
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 20:42   Link #35
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
aw, so he refused to meet with the clan leader so that he could go to sasuke's enterance ceremony? that's so sweet!
I bet Itachi had a good reason for what he did..
From what I can make out this seems to be the case, however I could be wrong!
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 21:08   Link #36
Nine Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
Chapter is called Itachi & Sasuke

Its really hard to read the kanji in the raw but it appears that it starts with a flashback within a flashback. Itachi is carrying Sasuke piggy back because earlier during shuriken training Sasuke tried to train with his brother (who once finishing his own training just wanted to go home) and Sasuke ended up injuring his knee.
Itachi therefore carries him back to the Uchiha village. On the way back they pass the "Honbu" of the Konoha something or other (cant make this out) Honbu = Headquarters btw. Then theres something about what the Uchiha Clan symbol represents. Sasuke asks Itachi if he will train at the Honbu as that is where their dad is (and he's amazing). Itachi doesn't seem too sure but Sasuke is psyched that he will one day join and become strong like his brother.
Then they spot their father who wonders where they have been, he needs to talk to them.
Next there father sums up Itachi's achievements (Chuunen and Anbu member) at such a young age, he seems amazed (and perhaps slightly distirbed) this has been accomplished by his own son.But he tells Itachi that the next morning he will have to go to meet with someone very important (Its actually an Uchiha family member but i cant quite read their first name something like "ichizoku" perhaps its the leader of the Uchiha clan???) anyhow his father is telling him this like he has no say in the matter. Itachi however doesn't want to attend as he has something else he wants to do, their father however is outraged that Itachi would pass over on this meeting untill Itachi explains the exact reason why he doesn't want to leave in the morning to visit that person. Tomorrow is Sasuke's first day at the Academy and will be his entrance ceremony (it looks like he has promised Sasuke he would be there). On hearing this their father suddenly remembers this, and completely understands Itachis motive and agrees with him.

Firstly I'd like to say in my defense I'm pretty tired and secondly that my Japanese gets worse by the day So please dont take my word for it, wait for the official translations, hopefully this will give you a very rough guide of what is going on though........

Also I think there's some strange subtext going on here between Itachi and his father that I dont have a hope in hell of picking up, he seems to be proud and yet fearful of Itachi's power and there are a couple of strange looks that pass between father and son, perhaps he is trying to control Itachi a little too much.......

Anyhow please wait for the official translations to make this all a bit clearer.

The most interesting point to come out of the chapter seems to be that for all his remoteness Itachi seems to actually have cared about his brother.....
Thnx man, so the reason Uchiha clan got massacred is that because of Sasuke's first day lol
Old 2004-06-18, 22:24   Link #37
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I wonder if Itachi killed his clan, but with the thought in mind that Sasuke would be better off without such an overbearing family.
He would rather see him succeed, than be happy, because he knows that if he's strong, he can protect himself.
Itachi does love Sasuke (in my opinion).. he just shows it in a really twisted, sick way.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 23:19   Link #38
KirbyMorph

Maybe Itachi was to be the successor to the clan or become the leader due to his skill or something and when he refused, they took it as an insult, tried to dispose of Itachi and then Itachi decided to have some payback or something. Totally random thought that popped into my head, so dont rip me apart over it.
KirbyMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 23:26   Link #39
CrispyBC

maybe it was an arranged marriage with his sister who is really fat so he killed every1!
CrispyBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 23:48   Link #40
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Well I skimmed through the low quality raw. So bad I didn't even bother trying to translate anything.
Anyway, this chapter shows itachi as a loving brother, which only gives more support to my "ff7 theory". Now for those of you unfamiliar with it: Itachi was fighting sephiroth, but hadn't saved for several hours. He was about to win when his mother told him to stop wasting his time and go do some ninja stuff. She then made the fatal mistake of turning off the power. This among other things, causes Itachi to snap. By the time Sasuke gets home, Itachi's homocidial rage had passed, so he didn't kill his brother.
While I say that in jest, this chapter does make it seem like one incident made itachi snap. Now the question is what was it.