Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-26, 06:19   Link #3321
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
How many magical circuits does Rin have? and what is the average for a magus?
I recall reading somewhere that Rin has about 40 whilst an average magus would have 20.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 12:04   Link #3322
Cherry_Lover

I think Rin is a long way above that, actually. She's supposedly got something like 20 times more than the average magus.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 22:56   Link #3323
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

A very important question, and I bet my two cents this has been asked about an infinity times between after both Fate/stay Night and Unlimited Blade Work film came out:

Any remote, and whatsoever little, chances if an animated adaptation for Heaven's Feel is going to materialize?

Heaven's Feel is a must see.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 12:06   Link #3324
Cherry_Lover

It seems pretty unlikely, unfortunately.

Although, honestly, if Deen would be making it (which seems likely), I'd rather it not happen at all. If they make as big a mess of it as they did of the UBW movie (in terms of character development, at least), then Sakura will come across as very unsympathetic. Hell, even people who have played the game misunderstand her character often enough....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 14:27   Link #3325
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Strongest Servant is serious Gil, this is straight form Nasu the Overgod of Type-Moon Universe
Citation needed.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 15:22   Link #3326
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
How many magical circuits does Rin have? and what is the average for a magus?
Quality over Quantity

sometimes all you need is just One.
Old 2011-12-30, 04:25   Link #3327
giorno

she has a lot and they're all high quality, too...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 09:22   Link #3328
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Rin is awesome. But you really do need more than one.

Spoiler for UBW:

Spoiler for HF:
Old 2011-12-31, 01:52   Link #3329
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

just a had thought

Avalon which can protect saber against anything vs Primate Murder with his Absolute Right To Murder Human.

Can Avalon keep out the Beast of Gaia?
Old 2011-12-31, 04:33   Link #3330
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
just a had thought

Avalon which can protect saber against anything vs Primate Murder with his Absolute Right To Murder Human.

Can Avalon keep out the Beast of Gaia?
Seeing as how Avalon is compared to True Magic, and it has the ability to move you into a completely isolated dimension, I'd think Avalon can keep Primate Murder out.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 11:35   Link #3331
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Seeing as how Avalon is compared to True Magic, and it has the ability to move you into a completely isolated dimension, I'd think Avalon can keep Primate Murder out.
But the Beast of Gaia needs 7 Counter guardians to stop its rampage. That is equivalent fire power of 7 FSN Archer.
Old 2011-12-31, 13:56   Link #3332
Kallen4life

that's nothing to Avalon

it 'blocks' everything .. although I don't know about MEoDP .. probably it too, Avalon is from fairy-land, not Earth afaik, it likely doesn't have earthen origin, so no MEoDP

really hax, yeah

Quote:
But the Beast of Gaia needs 7 Counter guardians to stop its rampage. That is equivalent fire power of 7 FSN Archer.
CG's don't have NP's .. although they do have practically limitless prana
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 15:04   Link #3333
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

How about one of the Ultimate Types? they aren't form Earth either.
Old 2011-12-31, 15:24   Link #3334
Kallen4life

MEoDP from regular Shiki's doesn't work on ORT

from VOID Shiki dunno

Avalon would block anything the Ultimates have I think

it doesn't really block per se, more like transports the user to an alternate dimension
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 23:04   Link #3335
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Like Kallen said, Avalon's main function essentially makes you 'not there,' so theoretically it should protect you from literally anything.

Of course, against a type, the user would get obliterated the instant it was deactivated, but if you're just asking whether it could stop an attack or two, then sure.

I'm curious though how Avalon works. Does it physically transport you? Or does it work like a pseudo-Reality Marble? I suppose the question really comes down to is can Crystal Valley "overwrite" Avalon? Regardless of whether it does or not, unless you can find some way of attacking while being effected by Avalon (which should be just as theoretically impossible as harming someone under Avalon's effect) its not really a flexible enough defense to help significantly in a battle against something as strong as a Type.

As far as MEoDP vs Avalon, I'm not entirely sure how it would fair either. From what I can find, Avalon functions as a True Magic, so I doubt its the kind of thing that Shiki or Ryougi would be able to recognize as killable.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 23:07   Link #3336
Key Board
Carbon

Avalon still runs on magic

it's not something that can be activated non stop
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 00:06   Link #3337
Nihokon

If I'm not mistaken, Tohno Shiki's eyes can only perceive the death that he can understand (As Arcueid said in Tsukihime).
In other words, because he's a Gaian (Earthling) and works under Gaia's rules, thus he won't be able to perceive Avalon's death. As Avalon was created by fairies and works by "putting the user" in the domain of faeries through boundary field.
So, the user's body is essentially on the land of faeries upon using Avalon's full power. You can't attack something which isn't there, thus, an absolute defense Noble Phantasm.
Old 2012-01-01, 00:35   Link #3338
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i get that Avalon transport the user "away" so the user will be safe. But how about a direct attack on Avalon itself? How many hits form ORT before Avalon itself cracks?
Old 2012-01-01, 02:36   Link #3339
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
I don't think the Land of the Faeries means not from Gaia though :/ I don't understand how the Faeries would come into contact to give Excalibur and Avalon (and etc) in the first place if they weren't from Earth.

As for attacking Avalon itself, my speculation is that it depends on how it works. If it is physically transporting them somewhere, theoretically it shouldn't even be able to be attacked. If its just acting like a Reality Marble, then I figure ORT just being there would probably crush it via Crystal Valley. According to the wiki, it says "The scabbard dissipates into countless tiny particles in the air and immerses the user to become a "portable fortress" that shuts out all interference." I feel that kind of supports my bubble-Avalon theory, but even so whether or not Crystal Valley just kills the person through Avalon, destroys Avalon itself, or has no effect, I can't imagine ORT being tripped up by it. I mean the Faeries might be strong, but I doubt they could make a shield capable of protecting against a Type for any significant amount of time.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 02:53   Link #3340
ksho

Quote:
i get that Avalon transport the user "away" so the user will be safe. But how about a direct attack on Avalon itself? How many hits form ORT before Avalon itself cracks?
An inactive Avalon maybe...but a fully activated one dissolves into shiny fairy dust particles that immerses the user and transforms them into an untouchable moving fortress (as seen here):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeTSjWvkIAo

Simply put, it's an automatic "I Win" since it displaces the user out of phase with whatever reality they are in...rendering them untouchable by any external force. (not even the Anti-World EA could do a thing about it)
ksho is offline   Reply With Quote