Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-06, 11:26   Link #621
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
Does Kaya ever get saved? Or is her loss of sanity irreversible?
*coughs awkwardly*

Yes? Kinda?

From what I could gather, Kazuki beats the everloving hell out of Loki for hurting Mio, causing him to scamper. It also apparently breaks his insanity hold on Kaya.

You'd think this would mean Kaya comes back to Kazuki and Mio, right? However, either she fled with Loki or Loki got away with her. Either way, after Loki is no longer trying to drive her nuts, Kaya decides she doesn't really mind sharing her body with Loki.

If you headbanged just now, rest assured I was in full agreement. However, consider the alternatives. Mind-controlled or not, the government would punish her all the same, not to mention without Loki she would lose her magic forever. So she decided to make the best of a bad situation and stayed with him as a free agent.

She has both teamed up with and opposed Kazuki on separate occasions, so it seems she is something of a chaotic element right now.
Old 2014-11-06, 11:29   Link #622
Direwolf18

thanks for the explanation xfire. Thats not to bad of a head bang really with your explanation. Screw sitting in jail/execution because of the nature of your power. The government/powers to be seen like jerks so I can't say I blame the opposition to them to much.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 11:34   Link #623
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
thanks for the explanation xfire. Thats not to bad of a head bang really with your explanation. Screw sitting in jail/execution because of the nature of your power. The government/powers to be seen like jerks so I can't say I blame the opposition to them to much.
It seems like any setting with magic in it has the Powers That Be as inhumane and completely lacking in concern for human rights, where human experimentation and imprisonment without trial and worse atrocities are carried out, and absolutely no one can oppose them whatsoever.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 11:40   Link #624
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
What can Loki do?
Summoning, basically...

Well, kind of... He's like Prometheus in that it kind of looks like all his magics summons stuff, but unlike Prometheus who summons personal equipment, Loki is a bit more variable.

I remember him summoning Evil Dragons to attack, and Poison Dragons, and Death Dragons. He also pulls out various things like Laevateinn and Mjolnir...

He might also have other stuff, but we don't see him fight much... Late V1 when he first finishes possessing Kaya, late V2 when Kaya helps Kazuki and co with Beatrix for a tiny bit before getting driven off, and now in V6...
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 11:43   Link #625
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Summoning, basically...

Well, kind of... He's like Prometheus in that it kind of looks like all his magics summons stuff, but unlike Prometheus who summons personal equipment, Loki is a bit more variable.

I remember him summoning Evil Dragons to attack, and Poison Dragons, and Death Dragons. He also pulls out various things like Laevateinn and Mjolnir...

He might also have other stuff, but we don't see him fight much... Late V1 when he first finishes possessing Kaya, late V2 when Kaya helps Kazuki and co with Beatrix for a tiny bit before getting driven off, and now in V6...
Laevateinn? Like, Surturs's god-slaying sword? Damn, I want to see this fight now.
Old 2014-11-06, 11:48   Link #626
Tenryu
天龍
*Artist

Kaya is like 10 times more obsessed with her onii-chan than kanae.Kayandero
Tenryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 11:56   Link #627
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryu View Post
Kaya is like 10 times more obsessed with her onii-chan than kanae.Kayandero
u do realize that Mio was pretty bad in her own way Kaya was controlled by Loki and really Kanae is just as bad as mio because really we forget something important.
THEY AINT SIBLINGS.
You have blood-sibling love,which see quite a bit, and then you have kinda that older guy that became a "brother figure".
Each of em nutty because they dont have to restrain themselves about their feelings and as usual the guys like kazuki say "O they treat me like big bro so i gotta act that way" and unless thats broken you get what you get with these girls

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:04   Link #628
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
u do realize that Mio was pretty bad in her own way Kaya was controlled by Loki and really Kanae is just as bad as mio because really we forget something important.
THEY AINT SIBLINGS.
You have blood-sibling love,which see quite a bit, and then you have kinda that older guy that became a "brother figure".
Each of em nutty because they dont have to restrain themselves about their feelings and as usual the guys like kazuki say "O they treat me like big bro so i gotta act that way" and unless thats broken you get what you get with these girls
Thankfully for Kazuki, he's got Leme and Solomon's ring as the best wingmen ever to make sure that never happens.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:08   Link #629
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
Thankfully for Kazuki, he's got Leme and Solomon's ring as the best wingmen ever to make sure that never happens.
make sure what happens that the big brother zone is eternal

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2014-11-06, 12:11   Link #630
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
make sure what happens that the big brother zone is eternal
Eh? Could you please explain. The way your post is worded is confusing.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:13   Link #631
XFire
150% done

Quote:
THEY AINT SIBLINGS.
While it's true that they aren't siblings, Kazuki sees Kanae as his sister, not as a girl. He's not doing this because of how Kanae sees him but how he sees her.
Old 2014-11-06, 12:36   Link #632
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
While it's true that they aren't siblings, Kazuki sees Kanae as his sister, not as a girl. He's not doing this because of how Kanae sees him but how he sees her.
okay fine my point is that whole big brother little sister thing is a died down fact they're siblings and despite whatever they want there's no good reason for it to change and i suspect it wont change despite what the girls may want

Old 2014-11-06, 12:45   Link #633
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
okay fine my point is that whole big brother little sister thing is a died down fact they're siblings and despite whatever they want there's no good reason for it to change and i suspect it wont change despite what the girls may want
so sister-zoned?
Old 2014-11-06, 12:50   Link #634
ImperialFlameGod8190

pretty much. Kazuki forgot about mio completely he ignored Kanae and really im half amazed he remembered Kaya. All the fuzzy romance with Mio is pretty much he played the role of servant and he never really seemed IMO to be doing it for anything other then "obligation" no romance involved at all.

Old 2014-11-06, 12:58   Link #635
Singally

Quote:
pretty much. Kazuki forgot about mio completely he ignored Kanae and really im half amazed he remembered Kaya. All the fuzzy romance with Mio is pretty much he played the role of servant and he never really seemed IMO to be doing it for anything other then "obligation" no romance involved at all.
Wait, are you trying to say that Kazuki is sibling-zoning Mio? Because plenty of past LN spoilers have already proven that much wrong.

Kanae is another matter, but considering the fact the author intentionally made them non-blood related, it's asinine to think she won't make her way out of it eventually.
Singally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 13:08   Link #636
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singally View Post
Wait, are you trying to say that Kazuki is sibling-zoning Mio? Because plenty of past LN spoilers have already proven that much wrong.

Kanae is another matter, but considering the fact the author intentionally made them non-blood related, it's asinine to think she won't make her way out of it eventually.
At the point im reading which is the manga's point YES she's absolutely being sibling zoned. And my point was that when your sibling zoned like that a lot needs to take place for that to change. From what i'm seeing thats gonna be a stretch. Will mio eventually make it out lets hope so but until i can read proof of otherwise its a stretch.

Will Kanae make it out eventually yea i doubt it because the only way to do that would be to make her a mage too and thats foolish. But show me these spoilers that suggest it changes. She may go from being sibling-zoned to friendzoned but thats about it.

Old 2014-11-06, 13:18   Link #637
Singally

Quote:
At the point im reading which is the manga's point YES she's absolutely being sibling zoned. And my point was that when your sibling zoned like that a lot needs to take place for that to change. From what i'm seeing thats gonna be a stretch. Will mio eventually make it out lets hope so but until i can read proof of otherwise its a stretch.

Will Kanae make it out eventually yea i doubt it because the only way to do that would be to make her a mage too and thats foolish. But show me these spoilers that suggest it changes. She may go from being sibling-zoned to friendzoned but thats about it.
The manga is just now reaching the end of volume 1. There's already spoilers up to the midway point of volume 6 in this thread. Go find them yourself.

With Mio, they kiss and he shows her romantic attention on a constant basis. When she gets insecure about the other girls in the harem, Kazuki is 'all too happy' to 'reassure' her. Sound like friendzoning to you?
Old 2014-11-06, 13:24   Link #638
XFire
150% done

Quote:

I think you need to read chapter nine again. He basically says that the date has completely passed "hanging out with a friend".

Also....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Mio: Her tsun has been completely burned out. Indeed, post volume 1, she's all dere, no tsun. This is even reflected in the mode of address, where it's all "Kazu-nii" now. She also gets insecure occasionally, seeing all the other girls around Kazuki, so she asks for "reassurances" occasionally, which Kazuki is always all too happy to give.

Random tidbit: At some point in volume 5, a pair of Sempai (the previous student council president and her VP) comes for a visit. Seeing the situation (read harem), the former VP offers some friendly advice about the importance of "being safe" since contraception isn't as effective as before (apparently, magic + passion has a tendency to render contraception ineffective). While Kazuki is being horribly embarrassed, Mio's reaction was, in a quiet voice while blushing bright red, "If it's mine and Kazuki's child, I don't mind."
Old 2014-11-06, 13:47   Link #639
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I think you need to read chapter nine again. He basically says that the date has completely passed "hanging out with a friend".
You are right that the date" passed hanging out with a friend" but then again that was the point. Mio was trying to break that trend and he did notice that the original justification that he was told wasnt really what was happening. Because as typical with tsundere's what they say and what they want has changed. as for the contraceptive point lets face it for 90% of harems thats a typical reaction.

@mechatrill I never said that they would stay friendzoned what i said is it'll take a lot to break that friendzone trend and i'll watch that change with Glee because like most of us i find herbivore MC's to be rather dull

Old 2014-11-06, 13:52   Link #640
Singally

Quote:
You are right that the date" passed hanging out with a friend" but then again that was the point. Mio was trying to break that trend and he did notice that the original justification that he was told wasnt really what was happening. Because as typical with tsundere's what they say and what they want has changed. as for the contraceptive point lets face it for 90% of harems thats a typical reaction.

@mechatrill I never said that they would stay friendzoned what i said is it'll take a lot to break that friendzone trend and i'll watch that change with Glee because like most of us i find herbivore MC's to be rather dull
I'm not mechatrill.

Anyway, he already sees most of the girls in the series as girlfriends. Mio, Kaguya, Hikari, Koyuki, Charlotte(not introduced in the manga) and so forth.
Kanae is the only one who has yet to progress with him, and considering that Mio made it out of the sibling-zone, it's silly to think Kanae can't eventually do the same.

Tags
action, bakapervert, borderline hentai, drama, ecchi, fantasy, harem, maids, myth, romance, swords and magic, tragedy, true harem