AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-27, 07:56   Link #781
Tenzen12

I didn't have any plans start read this genericaly looking LN (now I am considering it), but I sort of Stumbled about manga Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou and I don't find it annoying or boring so far. What exactly are differences between both works?
Old 2014-12-27, 08:00   Link #782
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I didn't have any plans start read this genericaly looking LN (now I am considering it), but I sort of Stumbled about manga Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou and I don't find it annoying or boring so far. What exactly are differences between both works?
They have a different ratio of pictures to words
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 08:10   Link #783
Tenryu
天龍
*Artist

Hmm if Diva only materializes when lvl 10 spell is used. That means Kaguya has two lvl 10's? (Guernica, Seventh Hell)? Is there any restriction on how many Uber OP spells (lvl 10's) she can have? Vol 1 will end soon it looks like Charlotte should appear in next arc.
Old 2014-12-27, 08:35   Link #784
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryu View Post
Hmm if Diva only materializes when lvl 10 spell is used. That means Kaguya has two lvl 10's? (Guernica, Seventh Hell)? Is there any restriction on how many Uber OP spells (lvl 10's) she can have? Vol 1 will end soon it looks like Charlotte should appear in next arc.
Seventh Hell is not a level 10 spell. I think it was, what, her level 8? Her real level 10 can only be used by kissing and I don't think Guernica received a rank.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 08:36   Link #785
Tenryu
天龍
*Artist

^Oh that explains it then.
Old 2014-12-27, 09:03   Link #786
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
They are the exact same thing.

One is the light novel the other is the manga, and why the names are different, I have no idea. Miss translation of moon runes?
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 11:02   Link #787
Tenzen12

Thank you.
Old 2014-12-27, 14:54   Link #788
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
They are the exact same thing.

One is the light novel the other is the manga, and why the names are different, I have no idea. Miss translation of moon runes?
It's not a mistake, they're both the proper name of the series, one is just more literal than the others.

Examples: Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi/no Dragner; Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha/no Testament; Saijaku Muhai no Shinsou Kiryuu/no Bahamut.

I forgot the official term for it, but many LNs have a tendency to do this.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 16:11   Link #789
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
It's not a mistake, they're both the proper name of the series, one is just more literal than the others.

Examples: Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi/no Dragner; Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha/no Testament; Saijaku Muhai no Shinsou Kiryuu/no Bahamut.

I forgot the official term for it, but many LNs have a tendency to do this.
Furigana, they use a Japanese term and give it a foreign language alternate reading, but Dragonar is just a made-up word.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 16:35   Link #790
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Breaker 2.0 View Post
Seventh Hell is not a level 10 spell. I think it was, what, her level 8? Her real level 10 can only be used by kissing and I don't think Guernica received a rank.
No.

It was spoiled earlier that Kaguya has a super-spell beyond level 10, which I assume we just saw. Guernica is her normal level 10, which is why Asmodeus is summoned. Seventh Hell is a literal example of Up To Eleven, since it's something only Kaguya can do.
Old 2014-12-27, 17:11   Link #791
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
No.

It was spoiled earlier that Kaguya has a super-spell beyond level 10, which I assume we just saw. Guernica is her normal level 10, which is why Asmodeus is summoned. Seventh Hell is a literal example of Up To Eleven, since it's something only Kaguya can do.
Huh. I thought Guernica was the spell that Asmodeus gave Kaguya exclusively for her use. Must've misread some spoilers when I was skimming this thread (and the recent chapter at that). Especially since I thought her oneshot level 10 wasn't named yet.

Hopefully, Kazuki will get his own beyond level 10 spell. Then again, the potential to have 720 abilities alone is frightening in itself
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 17:12   Link #792
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
No.

According to that same spoiler, she got the super spell in volume 3.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 17:19   Link #793
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
According to that same spoiler, she got the super spell in volume 3.
You're right, I just went back and checked.

So to figure out what was going on, I reread the chapter. Kaguya isn't using a normal spell, she's using "singing" magic. She needed Koyuki and Hikaru for support, but apparently it's several times stronger than even a level ten.
Old 2014-12-30, 20:28   Link #794
cloud04
Scanlator

making sure, charlotte appeared at end of vol 1 right?
Old 2014-12-30, 20:40   Link #795
maniac88

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
making sure, charlotte appeared at end of vol 1 right?
Nope,,,
She appeared at volume 2 chapter 2..
maniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 20:50   Link #796
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac88 View Post
Nope,,,
She appeared at volume 2 chapter 2..
really?well now, seems the manga is going to vol 2 boys
Old 2014-12-30, 22:13   Link #797
maniac88

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
really?well now, seems the manga is going to vol 2 boys
What? there's a pic of charlotte in the newest raw or something??
And up to what chapter the manga currently at?
maniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 09:51   Link #798
Tenryu
天龍
*Artist

Newest chapter is chapter 13 about raws idk.
Old 2015-01-12, 07:41   Link #799
Direwolf18

Solitary updated volume 1 chapter 4. It's 85% and covers the end of the Mio date. (Chapter 9 in the manga) He seems to do translations in bursts (powers through a lot when he gets time) so I wouldn't be suprised if he gets more done in the next few days. Here is hoping. There are a lot of little things that the manga leaves out or glosses over that the light novel covers that makes the story make more sense.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 08:50   Link #800
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

The raws for Volume 7 were uploaded in case anyone was wondering. Also, to those who want to ask, no I will not post the link here. Use Google.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bakapervert, borderline hentai, drama, ecchi, fantasy, harem, maids, myth, romance, swords and magic, tragedy, true harem