Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-18, 08:15   Link #1
Rasho
Go-Pro

The Naruto,Gaara Comparisons[spoilers]

The perfect way to describe one of the many relations with Naruto and Gaara,
If Naruto were to become a bad guy,he would be like Gaara.
The miraid of similarities between Gaara and Naruto is fascinating,and i think a worthy enough topic to discuss of.
Naruto and Gaara,both born with monsters within them,both know how loniness feels,but on the other hand,he differences seem to be even more contrasted as comparied to their similarities.
Naruto,being fortunate enough to find people who acknowledged his excistence,was saved.
But Gaara on the other hand,being delt with many trautimising expierences in childhood,grew to become what his name means,to love and fight only for yourself.
But in the end,Gaara was "brought back into the light "by Naruto.
But this is one of the things i want to point out,how does Gaara know why Naruto is right?Because he won the fight?Yes maybe on a subconscience(?)level that help to push Gaaara to the conclusion that Naruto was indeed right,but also because after the fight,Gaara witnessed the strength one gathers when fighting for others,and in the end defeated,realized this.
As we all know,in the "Sasuke Retrieval Mission" story arc,Gaara returned and stated that he owed one of the Leaf(Naruto) a great debt.It is at this moment that we saw what happened to Gaara,after the "Invasion of Konoha" arc.
It can be seen that Gaara,has taken to Naruto's "Nin-Do".
The many differences and similarities betwen these two characters are an intresting topic to discuss,at least in my opinion

Plz.Post.^^
Rasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 08:26   Link #2
stylez
Hokage

Send a message via MSN to stylez
Hummm, what an interesting tema, i will indeed agree with what u have been saying so far. I think that the fight against Naruto, were Naruto finaly beated Gaara, and suprised him by his strenght, and then Gaara realized that Naruto fighted for his friends, and that was the reason for his strenght.
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 11:22   Link #3
CrispyBC

I wonder now that Gaara is good if he will learn to tap into Shukaku's power like naruto without going insane. And on the other hand if naruto turned bad would he be able to transform into kyubi like gaara can with shukaku?
CrispyBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 11:36   Link #4
HoboGod
Necromancer

another way to interpret "I owe Naruto" is gaara plans to get revenge on naruto.

gaara is still as cold-hearted as he ever was, he captured kimi in desert coffin but refused to let him live and immediatly used desert funeral... although it didn't work. i'd say that gaara now wants to protect those who acknowledge him... but still bent on killing everybody else.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 15:57   Link #5
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
Yea, I was thinking the same thing. I felt sorry for gaara. He could hvae been Naruto's best friend!
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 16:50   Link #6
wb_hicks

gaara to me seems to be narutos mirror imagine. with the similarities of the two it does help hint out some of narutos could be origins. like how when they both were new borns demons were placed inside them. gaara took the life of his mother and if the parent part is similar then it could also add to the being the 4th son since naruto took the life of the 4th. (not in that sense but you know what i mean). i wished naruto had the training gaara had because naruto would of been taught how to use kyubi charka. think of how much stronger he would be now if he had been getting the teaching he is getting now n the manga.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 22:41   Link #7
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Its hard to say. I think Naruto's heart is to pure for him to ever turn out like Gaara. In the chuunin test Gaara was murdering people left and right because he felt like it. Even if no one ackowledged Naruto or he did not find people precious to him, i doubt he would become a merciless killer as Gaara did. There is fundamentally something more sinister about Gaara.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 22:50   Link #8
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
another way to interpret "I owe Naruto" is gaara plans to get revenge on naruto.

gaara is still as cold-hearted as he ever was, he captured kimi in desert coffin but refused to let him live and immediatly used desert funeral... although it didn't work. i'd say that gaara now wants to protect those who acknowledge him... but still bent on killing everybody else.
He never said he owes Naruto, he said he was returning a favor, if he really was still insane, don't you think he would have killed Lee that instant, either that or let Lee fight? No he stops lee and says, you're in no condition to fight.

Besides if you get the actual Japanese Shonen Jump, Gaara is part of the "line up" of the main character
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 23:04   Link #9
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
I think Gaara is just a perfect "shinobi" now--he does not hesitate to kill his enemies and shows very little emotion (unless the issue hits home).
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 00:29   Link #10
Luciferette
Gaara-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I think Gaara is just a perfect "shinobi" now--he does not hesitate to kill his enemies and shows very little emotion (unless the issue hits home).
Exactly.

Gaara stands out so much out of many 'Naruto' characters. He is unique with his twisted mind.

Long Live Gaara.

Amen.
Luciferette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 07:08   Link #11
Rasho
Go-Pro

Ooo,Gaaraholic.

I still say my looks better then yours.

Long live Gaara.

Amen.
Rasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 09:12   Link #12
Bane

Did Gaara have the demon sealed inside of him or simply put inside of him? He seems to always be fighting it, as seen by his inability to sleep at all. Naruto had none of these problems with Nine-tails. I think their relationship with the demon inside of them is different.
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 10:21   Link #13
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Gaara's 'sand badger' can manifest itself when Gaara falls asleep, so I think the seal used upon him was vastly different compared to Naruto's. The Nine-Tails was sealed totally with Naruto and he had no idea he had a tenant - so to speak.

Naruto's seal also looks to be one-way, there is no way that the Nine-Tails is going to suddenly break free and start rampaging again. When Naruto dies, the Nine-Tails go with it.

Gaara, on the other hand, probably has to resist the temptation to snap and go on killing sprees. He doesn't sleep - hence the dark rings around his eyes. If Gaara dies, the badger would probably be free.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 12:13   Link #14
Bane

I think Gaara is what Naruto would become if the Nine-tails were to ever begin to gain control over him. Gaara as a character may be used to show us what would happen if Naruto keeps tapping into the Nine-tails power.
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 12:24   Link #15
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
He never said he owes Naruto, he said he was returning a favor, if he really was still insane, don't you think he would have killed Lee that instant, either that or let Lee fight? No he stops lee and says, you're in no condition to fight.

Besides if you get the actual Japanese Shonen Jump, Gaara is part of the "line up" of the main character
returning a favor or ANY way you translate it also sounds pretty sinister when refering to the first time gaara was beaten to a bloody pulp.

gaara had a bigger fish in his eyes to kill. just like when gaara walked right past naruto and shikamaru to kill sasuke, gaara ignores lee to kill kimi.

and what are you saying? a sociopath can't be a main character?
Old 2004-05-20, 12:35   Link #16
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Well Gaara saw how much stronger Naruto can become if he's fighting for someone else, someone he loves. At the start of the fight we see him get kicked around by Gaara. Naruto was the underdog the whole time ... but then he found inner strength because his friends were in danger. Gaara realized how much stronger in character you become when fighting to save someone you love. He didn't understand this because he never faced anyone before like Naruto. Naruto showed him that the strength given from selflove is limited. This happens a lot in One Piece.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 13:04   Link #17
HoboGod
Necromancer

yea... i hate those moral lessons, they are such bullshit. >_<

caring for others is a weakness if those you care about are weak. using a weapon to protect another living thing is the biggest form of hypocracy in my opinion.
Old 2004-05-20, 13:29   Link #18
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
returning a favor or ANY way you translate it also sounds pretty sinister when refering to the first time gaara was beaten to a bloody pulp.
That would make all of Gaara's flashbacks pretty stupid. Even if you misinterpret the fact that Gaara said "Temari, Kankuro... Sorry" and all the things he thought of during the last moments of his fight against Naruto, we know that he was in fact beaten.

Gaara: Naruto! Wait!
Naruto: What? You came back for more?
Gaara: That's right, you shouldn't take "1000 years" too literary since it only stung for like a week..
Naruto: *Beats up Gaara once more...*
Quote:
just like when gaara walked right past naruto and shikamaru to kill sasuke, gaara ignores lee to kill kimi.
I wouldn't say he ignores Lee... First, he catches Lee so that Lee won't get hurt from falling (The ultimate introduction, kind of like a dynamic entry ). Then they start chatting like: "How you doin'?" "Fine, had a surgery and got drunk, but now I'm OK (now that you're here )" "That's cool, so who's this freak?" and so on... Dude they're almost friends
Quote:
caring for others is a weakness if those you care about are weak.
There is a reason why Hinata is on 1st (and Ayame on 2nd) in the Favourite Female Character Poll! That's the same reason why A.S.S was created and why you can find a lot of Sasuke-haters around...
Old 2004-05-20, 14:33   Link #19
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
There is a reason why Hinata is on 1st (and Ayame on 2nd) in the Favourite Female Character Poll! That's the same reason why A.S.S was created and why you can find a lot of Sasuke-haters around...
Yup, and it's also the same reason why people watch TV reality : lack of tast
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 14:59   Link #20
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
That would make all of Gaara's flashbacks pretty stupid. Even if you misinterpret the fact that Gaara said "Temari, Kankuro... Sorry" and all the things he thought of during the last moments of his fight against Naruto, we know that he was in fact beaten.
naruto was pretty damn beaten, too. gaara apologized to temari and kankuro because he treated them like shit when they were the people who actually loved him. that doesn't make gaara a nice person who gives flowers to his enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Gaara: Naruto! Wait!
Naruto: What? You came back for more?
Gaara: That's right, you shouldn't take "1000 years" too literary since it only stung for like a week..
Naruto: *Beats up Gaara once more...*
actually what i'm thinking is more like:

Naruto: whew! that was hard to finally get sasuke to shut the fuck up and come back home... i'm almost out of blue chakra.
Gaara: not so fast... you remember that time you caused me pain? I'LL KILL YOU!
Naruto: awwww.... not again.
(they bust out fighting for another 3 chapters. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
I wouldn't say he ignores Lee... First, he catches Lee so that Lee won't get hurt from falling (The ultimate introduction, kind of like a dynamic entry ). Then they start chatting like: "How you doin'?" "Fine, had a surgery and got drunk, but now I'm OK (now that you're here )" "That's cool, so who's this freak?" and so on... Dude they're almost friends
Gaara tripped Lee and called him a worthless bitch. gaara then explained how lee aint stealing his kill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
i haven't the vaugest idea why... anko is so much better.

ppl hate sasuke because naruto hates sasuke. simple as that... if naruto thought of sasuke like an older brother or a best friend rather than a rival, then there wouldn't be so many sasuke-haters... ppl are influenced too easily by a loud-mouthed idiot who cries alot.