AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-08-18, 11:47   Link #1
Moonspell
German Member

Send a message via ICQ to Moonspell Send a message via MSN to Moonspell
What is in your Country a very popular anime...

In germany it`s Hellsing,Detectiv Conan,Dragonball Z,Inuyasha,One Piece,Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh...
in germany we have only 1 programme but they send the episodes again and again...
Moonspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 11:52   Link #2
Mkyan978

So are you implying that popularity is based on what anime airs on TV? If not, usually what's popular in one country is relatively the same for any other country.
Mkyan978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 12:12   Link #3
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Well the only ones that have been televized here in Sweden is Sailor Moon (up to the 3rd season) Pokemon and Digimon. Although Yu-Gi-Oh is starting up this autumn.

Otherwise Love Hina (wich manga is currently the most popular one in the Swedish manga magazine "Manga Mania") Full Metal Panic, Final Fantasy Unlimited & Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is getting Swedish, Norwiegan, Finnish & Danish Region2 releases this September so I´m hoping they´ll sell well and open up for them airing on State Telivison so to increase the odds of them sending them subbed with swedish text since it would be idiotic to send them with english dub with swedish text since both languauges isn't swedish.
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 12:26   Link #4
Joker-kun

In Canada they enjoy showing crappy anime, like beyblade and yu-gi-oh, although many like those, so crappy in my opinion. The two biggest in like thepast 5 years would be DBZ and Pokemon[the original 150 pokemon] and maybe Digimon 1st and 2nd seasons, from what I seen anyway.
Joker-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 12:28   Link #5
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Quote:
Originally Posted by BME
Otherwise Love Hina (wich manga is currently the most popular one in the Swedish manga magazine "Manga Mania") Full Metal Panic, Final Fantasy Unlimited & Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is getting Swedish, Norwiegan, Finnish & Danish Region2 releases this September so I´m hoping they´ll sell well and open up for them airing on State Telivison so to increase the odds of them sending them subbed with swedish text since it would be idiotic to send them with english dub with swedish text since both languauges isn't swedish.
Hey, does that mean that ADV is finally starting to penetrate into Scandinavian and countries? If so, that's great news! You guys seemed to be getting the short end of the stick compared to just about everybody over the past few years.

The most popular anime in Canada are Inuyasha, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Beyblade. However, I expect Gundam SEED to blow everything else out of the water in terms of popularity this September.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 12:32   Link #6
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker-kun
In Canada they enjoy showing crappy anime, like beyblade and yu-gi-oh, although many like those, so crappy in my opinion. The two biggest in like thepast 5 years would be DBZ and Pokemon[the original 150 pokemon] and maybe Digimon 1st and 2nd seasons.
Odd...

I figured Inuyasha had to be the most popular for atleast the last two years. Just look at what it did for YTV.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 12:34   Link #7
Joker-kun

Indeed Mr. Paper, I was just about to quote the person who posted after me. Inuyasha has become quite big, I dunno why I forgot, I used sometimes watch it at like midnight or whatever when I was bored, although i never got into the series.
Joker-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 12:48   Link #8
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

most popular anime? I think it's Slam Dunk, Detective Conan, Card Captor Sakura, Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 12:58   Link #9
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Odd...

I figured Inuyasha had to be the most popular for atleast the last two years. Just look at what it did for YTV.
Yeah, Inuyasha's definitely the most popular anime in Canada since Sailor Moon (which, unlike in the US, was the most popular anime ever in Canada). DBZ was popular, but it was mostly just an echo of its US success.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 13:09   Link #10
Ending

There is hardly any anime in Finland, and the TV channels are so full of average, grey crap that creating some anime-trend would require a miracle in the end of the old farts leading the channels :/
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 18:10   Link #11
LinChoiSin

in France the popular animes are the old ones like st Seya,DBZ, or Ken,these shows used tu be aired in the old kids ' show and since very few new shows are aired people only know about the old ones.
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 18:36   Link #12
osmoses-jones

since i live in america, popular anime are dbz, inuyasha, detective connan aka case close american version. american cartoon simpson, family guy, futurama that all air in cartoon network except simpson. other then what i listed is crappy cartoon for kids and all crappy cartoon or anime foxbox had to offer.
osmoses-jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 23:36   Link #13
7thMethuselah

Not alot of anime on tv in belgium, I think that DBZ and Beyblade are the most popular, or maybe pokemon or yu-gi-oh. Problem with belgian tv is they play safe. They won't show a series unless it was a great success all over the world. Not to mention they usually show US shows only...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 00:42   Link #14
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmoses-jones
since i live in america, popular anime are dbz, inuyasha, detective connan aka case close american version. american cartoon simpson, family guy, futurama that all air in cartoon network except simpson. other then what i listed is crappy cartoon for kids and all crappy cartoon or anime foxbox had to offer.
Yu Gi Oh, Pokemon, and Digimon were also fairly popular among the kids here in the US. As for more adult stuff, Witch Hunter Robin and Wolfs Rain has done fairly well. Cowboy Bebop and Trigun are also big hits. Cartoon Network seems to always have one of those two on its play list for adult swim.
phoenixfire92983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 01:03   Link #15
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

The only popular anime around here are the ones lucky enough to get aired which are Digimon, Pokemon, Yugi Oh, Gundam Wing/Seed, DBZ, Inu Yasha, Card Captors, and Sailor Moon.
Old 2004-08-19, 01:04   Link #16
[[IronMaidenHikari]]
Saint Maiden

Send a message via MSN to [[IronMaidenHikari]]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker-kun
In Canada they enjoy showing crappy anime, like beyblade and yu-gi-oh, although many like those, so crappy in my opinion. The two biggest in like thepast 5 years would be DBZ and Pokemon[the original 150 pokemon] and maybe Digimon 1st and 2nd seasons, from what I seen anyway.
so true so true...
you have seemd to forgotten about HAMTARO and SAILORMOON!!!
Those two anime stink, too!
[[IronMaidenHikari]] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 03:29   Link #17
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge
Hey, does that mean that ADV is finally starting to penetrate into Scandinavian and countries? If so, that's great news! You guys seemed to be getting the short end of the stick compared to just about everybody over the past few years.
Yes, I live in a black hole of anime, nothing will ever finds its way to here. But the situation is slowly getting better, both in manga and anime. Metropolis, Cowboy Bebop movie and Spirited Away have Finnish subbed DVDs and Finnish manga releases of Dragonball and Ranma˝ are popular, also Ah! My Goddess and Detective Conan are cheduled to be released later this year (I can hardly wait Finnish Ah! My Goddess manga ).

But to answer to initial question, there is not really very popular anime in my country's TV right now. All series that are on TV now, or start later after summer, are Beyblade, Digimon, Pokemon, DBZ, Hamtaro and Sailor Moon.

I'm hoping that some day some TV-channel have enough guts to start some real anime series and in original format, but I have doubts that will never be.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 05:48   Link #18
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lol I haven't watch TV for a while do they stil air Pokemon, Digimon, and Yugioh? Followed with Simpson. Also Jackiechan adventure? ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 08:57   Link #19
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge
Kinda, it´s not really ADV, but Nischmedia, a nordic company that seems to be taking ADV UK´s R2 releases and translating them to swedish ( I suspect they just translated the english subtitles into swedish but still, it´s a step in the right direction)
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 13:39   Link #20
kagelump

in taiwan... dective conan, naruto...
and ojoumajou doremi -____-
kagelump is offline   Reply With Quote