AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-12, 16:11   Link #1
ibreatheanime

Romantic Comedy like Lovely Complex

I am looking for some good romanic comedies, simular to lovely complex, honey and clover, and ouran high school host club.

Something that makes you laugh so hard you nearly pee your pants, but is still sweet...

I NEED SUGGESTIONS NOW THAT LOVELY COMPLEX IS OVER!
Old 2007-10-12, 16:29   Link #2
Navel

Kare Kano (in the beginning) and maybe Nodame Cantabile. Bokura ga ita, also in the beginning.
Old 2007-10-13, 00:19   Link #3
FLiPMaStAZ

school rumble and Seto no Hanayome have romance and lots of comedy focusing more on the comedy portion though
Old 2007-10-13, 04:17   Link #4
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Location: In my cube (it looked kinda rectangular though, he says)...
Onegai Twins

Old 2007-10-13, 06:06   Link #5
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

what about
Nagasarete Airantou
Azumanga Daioh
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Hayate
Old 2007-10-13, 08:30   Link #6
mdauben

Definetly give Nodame Cantabile a try. It's a bit different, but also features another "odd-couple", lots of humor, and a very sweet ending.

If you don't mind a bit of fantasy thrown in, Midori Days is very nice. The concept may sound silly at first (one day a tough guy who want's a girl friend wakes up with a tiny girl who wants to be his girlfriend has replaced his hand),
Spoiler for Midori Days:
but the two characters and their releationship are just wonderful.
Old 2007-10-13, 09:57   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't see how someone can classify Azumanga Daioh a romance. All the characters are female, and other than a minor, recurring yuri joke, none of the girls, nor any of their teachers to their chagrin, have any romantic interests.
Old 2007-10-13, 10:04   Link #8
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

sorry thout is about a funny show so I poll it back(Azumanga Daioh)
Old 2007-10-13, 10:50   Link #9
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I drew blank when trying to think of any recent anime with the romantic-comedy theme. There really hasn't been that many shows that solely focused on that particular theme, so these following recommendations are from few years to few decades back:

Ranama 1/2: This is one of the very few series that I have rewatched more than 10 times, and I plan to do so a few more times in the future.

Urusei Yatsura: This is a classic. I LOL'ed so much when watching this series. In one episode the hero (note: he is very perverted) fought a cat on his rooftop because the cat was hitting on his girl. Girlfriends.........., serious business.

Photon: A six episode OVA that has, both, romance and comedy in quantity.

Dual: This is supposed to be one of those shows that poke fun of a mecha genre, but as soon as the show inserted some tangible romance in the mix, it became a romance-comedy show.

I would also like to mention Inukami and Green Green even though the comedy is the superlative theme in both of these series. Note: Having an open mind is necessary to enjoy the comedy in these two shows,
Old 2007-10-13, 19:58   Link #10
nanafan
horo fan

kare kano, nodame cantabile, seto no hayame, paradise kiss
Old 2007-10-14, 21:54   Link #11
Teletha

Gakuen Alice - It's funny and touching at the same time. It doesn't have any actual couples by the end, one that is possibly hinted for the future... But it has some very sweet innocent romance moments. I say innocent, since the characters are younger kids. It's a great underrated show.

Kodomo no Omocha
and Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge are two others with wacky humor and romance. Kodomo no Omocha is hilarous and has a cute romance in it. I never finished Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge anime, but it's been compared to Ouran.... so you might like that too.
Closed Thread