Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2010-04-10, 20:42   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Issues with Dell Touch pad

Some of you might remember the issues I had a few months ago with malware on my comp and thanks to you guys and a CD I was able to get it all off.

Problem is my comp isnt exactly how it was before the malware hit. Comp isnt infected since Ive run everything several times since then but somehow issues arose with my Touch Pad.

Before I got the malware the little Tpad icon always showed up in my lower right hand corner saying it was on, so did the AVG icon. Both are now gone but I know theyre running.

Since the Tpad icon disappeared my cursor jumps all over the screen even if Im not accidently hitting the Tpad, I use a wireless mouse. So I started going into Program Files to manually shut it off. I made it so if the Mouse was in use, the Tpad would not. This worked for a while, Id click the Tpad icon and it would once again show up in the right corner. Problem was if I turned off my comp, the setting would reset, but if I went into Tpad Device Setting its still said what my setting was which was disable if Mouse is in use.

Right now I cant get the damn thing to turn off no matter what I do. I currently have it disabled but I can still move the cursor with the Tpad and I have my mouse plugged in.

Its getting to be highly annoying watching my text jump around, my screen move and just typing this has been a pain.

Again all this started after I got rid of the malware. I dont get why the icon isnt in the corner anymore cuz when it was I had NO ISSUES at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Once again I have Vista.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 04:32   Link #2
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Just to ensure that you don't have another piece of malware have you run another scan?

Did you every try the Kaspersky rescue disk?

http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/...ds/RescueDisk/

Also in case the malware previously damaged Tpad it would be worth running a repair of it. Go to the uninstall option and check if there is a repair option, if not uninstall and reinstall it.
Old 2010-04-12, 11:42   Link #3
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Just to ensure that you don't have another piece of malware have you run another scan?

Did you every try the Kaspersky rescue disk?

http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/...ds/RescueDisk/

Also in case the malware previously damaged Tpad it would be worth running a repair of it. Go to the uninstall option and check if there is a repair option, if not uninstall and reinstall it.
YEah Ive run several scans since then, it comes back fine each time.

Ill try the uninstall options though when I click on it, it says its running properly. but Ill try anything at this point.

Thanks.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-04-12, 11:55   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You probably just need to reinstall the touchpad driver. Start here:

http://support.dell.com/support/down...gen&~ck=anavml
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 17:04   Link #5
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
You probably just need to reinstall the touchpad driver. Start here:

http://support.dell.com/support/down...gen&~ck=anavml
Ok I clicked on Dell Driver applies to Touch Pad / Pointing Stick and when I went to run it says there are no files. Did I click the wrong thing?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-04-12, 22:02   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I can't answer that question without a model number, Bunnie. Did you enter your service code and bring up your machine's profile? If you didn't see a touchpad driver, I'd call Dell support. Explain that you had to wipe your machine and lost the driver.

It might be on a CD that came with the computer if you're the kind of pack-rat that keeps all the documentation and other stuff that comes with computers.

Just as a point of reference, my daughter has an Inspiron 640m, and it has a Synaptics touchpad with this driver.
Old 2010-04-13, 03:48   Link #7
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I personally would go for the CD version as a last resort. There is a good chance that a more recent driver has been released.
Old 2010-04-17, 16:22   Link #8
TCman

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Some of you might remember the issues I had a few months ago with malware on my comp and thanks to you guys and a CD I was able to get it all off.

Problem is my comp isnt exactly how it was before the malware hit. Comp isnt infected since Ive run everything several times since then but somehow issues arose with my Touch Pad.

Before I got the malware the little Tpad icon always showed up in my lower right hand corner saying it was on, so did the AVG icon. Both are now gone but I know theyre running.

Since the Tpad icon disappeared my cursor jumps all over the screen even if Im not accidently hitting the Tpad, I use a wireless mouse. So I started going into Program Files to manually shut it off. I made it so if the Mouse was in use, the Tpad would not. This worked for a while, Id click the Tpad icon and it would once again show up in the right corner. Problem was if I turned off my comp, the setting would reset, but if I went into Tpad Device Setting its still said what my setting was which was disable if Mouse is in use.

Right now I cant get the damn thing to turn off no matter what I do. I currently have it disabled but I can still move the cursor with the Tpad and I have my mouse plugged in.

Its getting to be highly annoying watching my text jump around, my screen move and just typing this has been a pain.

Again all this started after I got rid of the malware. I dont get why the icon isnt in the corner anymore cuz when it was I had NO ISSUES at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Once again I have Vista.

Hi,

Try this: Clean Up Past Notification Icons in Windows Vista and see if the touchpad icon would come back.

Hope this can help you a bit,

Good luck!
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 17:48   Link #9
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCman View Post
Hi,

Try this: Clean Up Past Notification Icons in Windows Vista and see if the touchpad icon would come back.

Hope this can help you a bit,

Good luck!
Sadly that didnt work, I saw it listed on my pasticons but could not bring it back. Im not sure what do to, Im still having the issue. Ive tried looking for the Driver dl cuz Im sure thats the problem but digging through Dell's page is like brain surgery. If I could find my CDs Id just reinstall Vista but theyre in my basement somewhere.

I guess Ill have to call Dell which really is my last line and I dont want to do it. Thanks the help guys.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-05-03, 18:02   Link #10
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The easiest method to find what you're missing is to use Dell's "service tag." That should be on a sticker on the bottom of the computer. It's usually six or seven alphanumeric characters like 1XYZZY3. If you enter the service tag on the main support page I listed above, you should see a complete list of drivers for that machine.
Old 2010-05-03, 19:02   Link #11
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

When I log into the Dell page it automatically knows my tag but I still can't find any dls for the touch pad driver.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-05-04, 04:09   Link #12
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
When I log into the Dell page it automatically knows my tag but I still can't find any dls for the touch pad driver.
Do you still have the Dell Drivers & Utilities Disk that came with the notebook?

Also, what is the model number of your computer?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 18:16   Link #13
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Do you still have the Dell Drivers & Utilities Disk that came with the notebook?
I do....somewhere.
Quote:
Also, what is the model number of your computer?
Inspirion 1525.

Let me know if thats not the number you need.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-05-10, 18:21   Link #14
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

http://support.dell.com/support/down...&catid=&impid=

Scroll down to input devices, expand it, and you'll see a touchpad driver for this model.

Direct link to the driver: http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=239968
Old 2010-05-11, 11:09   Link #15
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
http://support.dell.com/support/down...&catid=&impid=

Scroll down to input devices, expand it, and you'll see a touchpad driver for this model.

Direct link to the driver: http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=239968
I did that before but like I said I get the "there are no drivers to download" nothing comes with the dl anymore it seems.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-05-11, 12:37   Link #16
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I do....somewhere.
Genius! *facepalm*

Well I salvaged it from my local site.....models don't differ. Try and download the 2nd driver under "Input Device Drivers".

BEFORE you do that, you might want to try this :

1. Turn off your laptop, then turn it on while holding down the Fn Key.
2. Run all the tests until it asks you to run the remaining memory tests, where you key N.
3. When it comes to the selection of options, see if you can move them using your touchpad. If you can't it should be a hardware/driver fault, if you can, it should be a corrupt driver or OS problem.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 19:12   Link #17
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I sent you a PM with a link to the driver.