AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-06, 19:10   Link #121
changeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
Speaking of VA, i would prefer to have Goto Yuko do Shinra while Itou Shizuka Miyu. If they switch the seiyuu between the sisters, then it would be perfect for me.

This series definitely looks like an adult version of Hayate. But so far, i'm enjoying every moment of it.

Haa~~?? You are not kidding? Shizuka voicing Miyu is already a stretch. Yuko for Shinra? That's gonna be comedic...
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 20:45   Link #122
Avisch
Reality Blender

Let me clarify that I know that the chosen seiyu for the anime were originally from the game (with the exception of Ren who has no voice.

Yuko voicing Miyu makes the most sense. It should make sense after seeing Night Wizard in which she plays a character who is exactly like Miyu in terms of age (appearance) and almost personality.

Shizuka Itou is perfect for Shinra becuase Itou sounds like a oujo-sama in lamost all her roles.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 20:53   Link #123
UPR

Personally I would have liked the person that did Hime in Oujo to voice Shinra. Since they both a very much alike.
Old 2008-01-06, 21:00   Link #124
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Personally I would have liked the person that did Hime in Oujo to voice Shinra. Since they both a very much alike.
Thats Kawasumi Ayako. I always found that they sounded somewhat similar. Though Ayako's voice is much lighter.

One crazy B****
Old 2008-01-06, 22:20   Link #125
changeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
[I]
Shizuka Itou is perfect for Shinra becuase Itou sounds like a oujo-sama in lamost all her roles.
No, Shizuka Itou seldom voices ojou-sama type characters. Most of her characters are strong, mature and serious girls. The only ojou-sama type character Shizuka has voiced that I can think of is Hasekura Rei in Marimite, but Rei is more like a tomboy-type...
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 22:44   Link #126
Avisch
Reality Blender

Yeah I figured I typed that out to fast. I meant to say what you said. Even though I've only heard her voice in a few roles.

One crazy B****
Old 2008-01-06, 23:42   Link #127
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
Speaking of VA, i would prefer to have Goto Yuko do Shinra while Itou Shizuka Miyu. If they switch the seiyuu between the sisters, then it would be perfect for me.
Sorry, not in my opinion. If anything, that wouldn't fit AT ALL.

Shinra needs to be voiced by someone both dripping confidence AND being playful-teasy at the same time, which is what Goto Yuko is not really known for. Here, Shizuka Itou is the perfect match, because her reference roles (Tama-nee and Hinagiku) come pretty close.

Miyu on the other hand needs to have a controlled "loli" voice, for which Shizuka Itou's pitch simply is way too low. Yes, it needs to have a mature-reasonable timbre, but not THAT low.

Edit: As for Kawasumi Ayako as "Hime" from Kaibutsu Oujo - might be a possibility, but Shinra is very different to Hime, who - at least in those 5-6 episodes I've watched - never diverges from her superior-haughty-smiling attitude, be it in the aftermath of a won fight or in a seemingly hopeless situation where she's about to be killed. Shinra is way more engaged and goes through a much wider range of emotions which she will show. I do believe that Kawasumi Ayako would be able to extend her role here too, but... when it comes to the teasiness which comes naturally to Shizuka Itou, I'm not so sure.

Last edited by Mentar; 2008-01-07 at 00:02.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 00:54   Link #128
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, Miss Itou doing the voice for this Shinra character. It doesn't seem right to me at first because I've only seen her do the voice for characters that are kinda like the leader, no BullS, or serious girl. Oh well, it should be interesting to see how well she does this character. Funny, at first I thought the Tomokazu was the one from Haruhi, Kanno2006 and so on but it turns out to be the other Tomokazu who usually plays the roles of loudmouth characters.
Old 2008-01-07, 00:57   Link #129
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood, but ep1 seemed kind of leaden to me. I had no problem with the seiyuu, however. Shizuka-sama did this particular ojou-sama very well, I thought. The role and her performance were both something a bit different. And I just love hearing Gotuuza-sama gradually broadening her range. The other game seiyuu seemed okay to me, too. Seki Tomokazu is always a real pro.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 01:58   Link #130
Julius Firefocht

Was I the only one who caught the G-Gundam reference in the beginning of the show? You know, the whole Master Asia and Domon connection.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 02:19   Link #131
kujoe
from head to heel

Hmmm, now that you mention it...
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 05:12   Link #132
arkxkra
全力全開

erm, just watch the ep1, 1st impression like not very special, normal, but will continue watching, hope it will have more laugh screen.

But, Shinra sama, wow, sexy ^^.
Old 2008-01-07, 12:50   Link #133
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Funny, at first I thought the Tomokazu was the one from Haruhi, Kanno2006 and so on but it turns out to be the superior Tomokazu who usually plays the roles of legendary characters.
That's right
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 14:43   Link #134
masama
use the fōrks ~

This is one of those anime you don't care about the low budget production and can actually have a good laugh.

This feels like Kaibutsu Oujo, except lots of fan services.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 15:13   Link #135
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by masama View Post
This is one of those anime you don't care about the low budget production and can actually have a good laugh.

This feels like Kaibutsu Oujo, except lots of fan services.
How did you get Kaibutsu Oujo out of this show? Putting the eccentric people aside, they're in complete different genres (besides comedy), Hiro's considerably wimpy besides being half-immortal (which means Hiro>Ren because Ren cannot win) while Ren isn't, and... Yeah... something like that. It isn't impossible to think Hime=Shinra, but it's not like Shinra would go around swinging a chainsaw. Would she?...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 15:50   Link #136
masama
use the fōrks ~

well, it's just matter of opinion so others might not agree with it.

Like I said it "feels" like kaibutsu, just the overall impression i get when i watched it. not necessarily comparing it with Kaibutsu Oujo side by side.
Old 2008-01-07, 15:53   Link #137
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by masama View Post
well, it's just matter of opinion so others might not agree with it.

Like I said it "feels" like kaibutsu, just the overall impression i get when i watched it. not necessarily comparing it with Kaibutsu Oujo side by side.
Mmm, OK. I see. I just found it a bit amusing.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 16:11   Link #138
masama
use the fōrks ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Mmm, OK. I see. I just found it a bit amusing.
I'm glad you find it amusing, I hope others do as well so I know didn't waste my time posting it.
Old 2008-01-07, 17:20   Link #139
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It isn't impossible to think Hime=Shinra, but it's not like Shinra would go around swinging a chainsaw. Would she?...
Oh no...she carries a boxing panda instead

Shinra being similar to hime is the only connection I can find frankly. Other such vibes are best related to Hayate/HiMM ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 06:42   Link #140
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
I just watched the 1st RAW episode.

I thought it was good, so far. Not very high in production values, thought. But the characters were very likable.

Has some ecchi, but at least is not a panty-fest like Rosario+Vampire.

I will keep watching.

Like "Penis" said: Shinra-samaaaaa.....

Last edited by PGilis; 2008-01-08 at 06:59.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, seinen