Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-03, 09:58   Link #21
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I used to use this as my wallpaper

Samura isn't just the best drawer, his coloring is great as well.
Old 2008-01-03, 20:35   Link #22
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Same here as some people, I am highly pleased but also highly worried. I fear that the essence of the manga get lost in the transition.
Old 2008-01-04, 11:42   Link #23
7Th
Mixtape

I, for one, hope they don't follow the manga's storyline at all. This is a long-running series, and as such will be shallowed down by terrible animation or production values were the adaptation to be equally lengthy.
Old 2008-01-04, 12:06   Link #24
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

It's lengthy, but it doesn't feel lengthy at all IMO. Only part in the manga that kinda drags is the prison arc. The rest is relatively fast paced. But I do agree that they shouldn't make this a long-running series. Maybe they could make different seasons like Code Geass, with time in between them.

Last edited by Haohmaru; 2008-01-04 at 14:14.
Old 2008-01-04, 13:00   Link #25
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Oh wow. Well, hmm. I hope whoever animates this does a good job at it. And please, feel free to use creative license to adapt it to screen.

Because, if I recall correctly, the manga loses steam in the middle,

Spoiler:

Yeah that's pretty much where I lost interest in the series does it get better again after that arc?
Old 2008-01-04, 14:51   Link #26
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Oh wow, I'm surprised they are going to adapt this - pleasantly surprised - but I can totally see why some are cautious. The manga is pure art.
A major indicator will be when they release more details on the animation studio, and designers. It's difficult to totally ruin the 'premise' of the manga - but the general mood and visual quality will be v. crucial to get right imo.
Old 2008-01-08, 15:41   Link #27
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

You know, I am really suprised by the lack of reactions.Blade of the Immortal is one of the best manga ever drawn.I have never seen any negative comments(except for the rather high level of violence and gore).It's the announcement of the year for me.

Any ideas?
Old 2008-01-08, 15:53   Link #28
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
Any ideas?
Ideas? Have you been reading the thread? It's only 2 pages long so you can't claim it is too much reading. Everyone here agrees with you about the quality of the book, but everyone here also has several things which are giving us serious misgivings.
  • How will the high level of icky stuff be translated to anime? Beyond mere gore, the mangaka takes perverse liberties with destroying the human form. This material (like Sabato and Shira) cannot be removed without destroying parts of the story.
  • How will the incredible artwork be conveyed in the anime? Samura-sensei uses a combination of ink, pastels, pencil and charcoal to create this artwork. We know the anime won't do it justice, but we wonder just how much it will be harmed.
  • That medical experimentation arc is such a downer that we hope the anime doesn't get that far.
Those are our ideas. That is why we have a lackluster response to such an great manga being transformed into anime.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-01-08, 16:09   Link #29
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Sorry, I wan't very clear.

What suprises me is that I was looking for other informations or discussions on the web but I wasn't very successfull.As I said earlier in this thread, I am skeptical too but the lack of negative or positive reactions here or somehere else is a little suprising.I had the impression that it was a rather well known manga.

Well, maybe it's a stupid question or/and I didn't look in the right places but if it's the case then I would like to know it.That's all.
Old 2008-01-08, 19:08   Link #30
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Hmm, the medical arc is like 2,3 volumes and they aren't bad at all IMO. Besides the manga REALLY picks up after that. Chapter 163 was very impressive.
Spoiler:

I read at wikipedia that it's the 5th and final arc of BotI. Can anyone confirm this.
Old 2008-01-08, 21:33   Link #31
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
What suprises me is that I was looking for other informations or discussions on the web but I wasn't very successfull.As I said earlier in this thread, I am skeptical too but the lack of negative or positive reactions here or somehere else is a little suprising.I had the impression that it was a rather well known manga.

Well, maybe it's a stupid question or/and I didn't look in the right places but if it's the case then I would like to know it.That's all.
I understand your question now and I'm afraid it has a very simple and unsatisfying answer. Quite frankly nobody knows anything. It was announced that there will be an anime, but all the details: studio, director, seiyu... they are all unknown so there just isn't much to talk about yet.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-01-09, 08:14   Link #32
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

l'm finally going to be able to see rin on tv...wonder who they will get to voice her.
Old 2008-01-09, 17:37   Link #33
masama
use the fōrks ~

hopefully the anime wont be a butchered version of the manga, really look forward to see it animated.
Old 2008-01-10, 17:30   Link #34
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

I'm personally hoping that studio MADHOUSE will take the reigns. Their two most recent sword-slingers (Claymore and Shigurui) are evidence enough that they're not afraid to get down and dirty in terms of guts and gore. I can't think of any one else that'll provide this series as much justice as they could.
Old 2008-01-14, 02:11   Link #35
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

are they saving this to replace some of the long running series, something like naruto or bleach or reborn...etc....
Old 2008-01-15, 02:45   Link #36
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
I'm personally hoping that studio MADHOUSE will take the reigns. Their two most recent sword-slingers (Claymore and Shigurui) are evidence enough that they're not afraid to get down and dirty in terms of guts and gore. I can't think of any one else that'll provide this series as much justice as they could.
Hmmm, I thought Claymore was not a good example to follow. The fights were a little too close to Dragon Ball Z, and not close enough to Samurai Champloo... and the dialogue and interactions were often cheesy and stilted. It was certainly graphic enough, with plenty of severed limbs, but then again, the action scenes especially were typically quite dark, so that it was hard to see what was going on.

Any studio that takes Blade of the Immortal will have plenty of blood and gore, or else there would be no point in doing it in the first place. So the real concern is not that it will be sanitized - if so, there would be nothing left! - but whether everything else will be good.
Old 2008-01-16, 23:40   Link #37
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
Hmmm, I thought Claymore was not a good example to follow. The fights were a little too close to Dragon Ball Z, and not close enough to Samurai Champloo... and the dialogue and interactions were often cheesy and stilted.
You have to consider the source material as well. The action in Claymore is of a noticeably different style than Blade of the Immortal. When I thought of Madhouse, I was speaking more in terms of presentation than content. Their works have a penchant for nailing the dark, gritty, and macabre...and when considering a studio to translate manga into anime, it's important to know they can properly depict the respective atmosphere.

As for the action, I think they'd animate it more closely to Shigurui, if anything.
Old 2008-01-22, 22:01   Link #38
Iron Fist
Ninja Warrior

This is great news, I loved the manga.
Old 2008-01-24, 07:42   Link #39
The_Pink_Furby
The 1 And Only Pink Furby

Ooo sounds intresting, nice to see another fighting anime, seem to be to many school girl animes out.

Looks intresting, never read the anime so ill wait to see if the anime comes out, carn't wait. ^_^
Old 2008-01-25, 11:25   Link #40
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I'm so watching this even though it's nothing like my usual shoujo fluffy-fluff preferences. XD

My friend let me read his copies of the manga in HIGH SCHOOL and it was so good....

This will be nostalgic for me....

Tags
action, seinen