AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-07, 17:19   Link #661
Dalili

I just had to make an account and add my two cents

I only watched the anime of VK until today and carried on from where it's up to the anime. Read about 10-15 chapters but it was great. I am all for KanamexYuuki although I wish the past of Kaname and Yuuki was illustrated more. Are they really brother and sister? I remember a point where he goes that he wishes he was Yuuki's real older brother? This should've been cleared up properly by giving the real story behind it but now it's a rumble of confusion just added along as they story goes on, unless I'm missing something?
Ah, I never really liked Zero, I was trying to like him though until he pointed that gun at Yuuki.

I really don't know how the ending of this will go, there are zero fans then there are the Kaname fans. It will be really interesting to see, but I don't see this manga as ending as happily ever after, well I kind of hope not.

Just what I think, fan girl- Dalili
Dalili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 21:17   Link #662
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
After reading chapter 44, Yuuki's just too kind. Too kind for her own good. Zero's wondering what his problem with Kaname is, but it's just an insane bout of jealousy.

Drop the gun Zero. There's nothing to be gained from killing Yuuki. =/
lol! yuuki knows Zero won't kill her and if he does, she rather be dead than know he hates her so much. The only sad thing is that now there is not chance of Zero ending with Yuuki. she knowing all about Kaname, of course she is still thinks like a human and feels sick thinking of doing it with her brother. There goes another of my desire pairings. No ZeroxYuuki for me.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 10:03   Link #663
Dalili

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
lol! yuuki knows Zero won't kill her and if he does, she rather be dead than know he hates her so much. The only sad thing is that now there is not chance of Zero ending with Yuuki. she knowing all about Kaname, of course she is still thinks like a human and feels sick thinking of doing it with her brother. There goes another of my desire pairings. No ZeroxYuuki for me.
They are not really brothers and sisters. That was cleared up awhile ago, although the full story behind it hasn't been told yet.

Remember Kaname said "I wish I was your real older brother"
I also remember Yuuki's dad saying to Kaname something like you weren't my real child or something.
So that pretty much shows he isn't. I heard he's something like her ancestor, he was dead then revived by Rido.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 2008-11-08, 18:24   Link #664
Mirakuru

Actually, I think Kaname is the Kuran ancestor guy in Haruka and Juuri's son's body. ^^;; I know, it's kinda confusing, so I probably have it all wrong. xDD But.. I'm fairly sure that's the case. And I think Rido had something to do with the actual son not being around anymore, because in the flashback scene, Juuri said something along the lines of 'you're going to take my child away again'. Again, this is what I think. xD But I remember the line Kaname said about wishing he was her real brother caused a lot of confusion when that chapter was first published.
Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 00:29   Link #665
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirakuru View Post
Actually, I think Kaname is the Kuran ancestor guy in Haruka and Juuri's son's body. ^^;; I know, it's kinda confusing, so I probably have it all wrong. xDD But.. I'm fairly sure that's the case. And I think Rido had something to do with the actual son not being around anymore, because in the flashback scene, Juuri said something along the lines of 'you're going to take my child away again'. Again, this is what I think. xD But I remember the line Kaname said about wishing he was her real brother caused a lot of confusion when that chapter was first published.
that is what I undersstood too. Kaname's body is that of yuuki's real brother, but the conciousness is that of the Kuran ancestor ressurected by Rido. It was something similar to what he did to his son to be able to move around. Rido couldn't fully ressurect until he had some pure blood. Kaname gave him some of his blood so he would ressurect for real and then be killed. So even though the mind inside Kaname is not really related to Yuuki, they will still be doing it as brother and sister. Also remember that Yuuki still think Kaname is her brother because she was unconcious when he say those words. anyway, it is not important, because now there is not chance of Yuuki and Zero ever being romantically involved.
Old 2008-11-09, 04:46   Link #666
ila-chan
ermmm...

Kaname really is the ancestor of Kuran. However, Rido awakened him after somewhat a 'slumber' and placed his soul inside of Juuri and Haruka's son. Instead of casting him away, they brought him up as their own, which in time, Kaname has thought them as his own parents (which explain Rido saying something about Kaname 'lost in happiness'). So the easiest way to explain this is that Kaname has the counciousness of the ancestor of Kuran, but regard himself as Juuri and Haruka's son (he even said 'his parents' to Aidou and Ichijou).

He never thought Yuuki as his sister. He always have thought her as his lover. Its too obvious

Until VK is over, I still hold upon Yuuki and Zero being together. Sorry.
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 07:06   Link #667
Dalili

Ah, you guys cleared up a lot of things for me thanks Finally I understand what's going on

Regarding either it's YuukixZero or YuukixKaname there's going to be angry fans from either side so I wonder how it will end.

The world of anime, it's funny how much we get sucked into it don't you think
Old 2008-11-09, 09:50   Link #668
Qbi Sannin

I can't quite remember, but was it ever explained WHY Rido resurrected Kaname?
Qbi Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 10:31   Link #669
ila-chan
ermmm...

No. It was a mystery waiting to be solved. But it had something to do with Rido wanting to be the most powerful pureblood. And it seems that the children of Juuri and Haruka are ones (thanks to countless interbreeding between siblings; though biology have stated that inbreeding causes more 'bad' gene pool than 'good' ones).
Old 2008-11-09, 11:37   Link #670
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila-chan View Post
No. It was a mystery waiting to be solved. But it had something to do with Rido wanting to be the most powerful pureblood. And it seems that the children of Juuri and Haruka are ones (thanks to countless interbreeding between siblings; though biology have stated that inbreeding causes more 'bad' gene pool than 'good' ones).
creating bad genes is not the worst part of incest, it also creates mutations. Incest exist a lot in nature, incest create more aggresive and stronger species. I have seen what incest can create. I saw a very tame female dog and her very tame son having puppies. those puppies were nothing like their parents. they were very agreessive. It also can give any hereditary disease that family has to occur. Of course, we are talking about vampires, who don't have to worry about the disease part. If Rido is an example of inbreeding, then they should think twice about it.

Now, if Zero were to fight against Kaname, i put my money on Zero. I think Kaname created a double edge weapon.
Old 2008-11-09, 11:55   Link #671
ila-chan
ermmm...

FYI, I am a student of Biology, so all things genetic and comparative reproduction is something I have to burn into my head (if not, my degree would just be a piece of paper). Interbreeding, or incest does do all that. It is also unethical, to say the very least, in most culture. So the first time this had come out in VK, it's kinda shocking. Of course by now, it's very much the same with ZeroxKaname - swallow it and enjoy it to the fullest.

Despite your describtion on inbreeding, incest does not happen naturally. Most plants, even animals develop mechanism to avoid inbreeding. It also do not create stronger species; that credit belongs to something called 'survival of the fittest'. It seems that of all the creature existed on earth, perhaps only human embrace inbreeding.
Old 2008-11-09, 12:52   Link #672
Qbi Sannin

Ah thanks. I stopped following the manga so I'm abit hazed. Since Rido took over his son's consciousness/bodies, where is Shiki now?
Qbi Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 13:30   Link #673
snowmaiden05
frozen in time

Send a message via Yahoo to snowmaiden05
^ He's with Rima and Takuma :3

you'll just have to feel for Zero thinking twice to whether he'll be able to kill Yuuki with his own hands.. and Yuuki on the other hand still have that unwavering look.. ^-^ i kinda like that side of her.. that dignified character..
snowmaiden05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 14:06   Link #674
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Kaname is not only an ancestor of the Kuran clan but he is the son of the last Vampire King of the Kuran. So really, Kaname is actually a vampire prince. The original Kaname was disappointed in the senseless bloodlust and cruelty of his vampire clan - whose behaviour created the fearful stereotype they are associated with now. So Prince Kaname had initially wanted to end his bloodline - that is kill all vampires but instead he created the Vampire Council in the hopes that they will become the righteous symbol for all vampires to follow. But when Kaname is revived, he realizes that the Council has become nothing but a bunch of corrupt vampire nobles - hence, he killed them all in the end - and the clan's ideology has not changed as he had hoped. Seriously, there is so much that goes on in Kaname's past and in his mind that would make this story a lot better, if the mangaka would only focus more on him.

Rido wanted to revived Kaname so that he can take over Kaname's power, which is probably the ultimate power even among purebloods because it is royal blood. This would give him complete hold over the entire clan. At first I wonder why Rido chose to capture Juuri's son but I think I know why now. It's probably because he was in love with Juuri.

I'm gonna have to re-read the parts about Kaname and Yuuki's brother. Although I was told Kaname's soul is in Yuuki's brother's body, for the life of me, I can't recall ever reading it. I'm not doubting it's probably correct but I want to re-read that part.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 13:45   Link #675
freedomrulez

^Actually, Kaname is said to be the "originator" of the Kurans (taken from shojo beat translation), and hence he was the first vampire king. We don't really know who the past head king was, except for the fact that he abolished the monarchy and handed the power over to the council. Kaname (real Kaname) lived in the distant past (since he was the first vampire); his successor took his legal position as a vampire king when he went to deep slumber. Logically speaking, Kaname couldn't have been the last king, because if he was, he wouldn't have given the power to the council knowing that they were corrupted.

And It was never told in the manga that Kaname's soul is inside the body of Yuuki's brother. It is simply a spaculation which theoretically makes sense. ^ ^
freedomrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 17:15   Link #676
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomrulez View Post
^Actually, Kaname is said to be the "originator" of the Kurans (taken from shojo beat translation), and hence he was the first vampire king. We don't really know who the past head king was, except for the fact that he abolished the monarchy and handed the power over to the council. Kaname (real Kaname) lived in the distant past (since he was the first vampire); his successor took his legal position as a vampire king when he went to deep slumber. Logically speaking, Kaname couldn't have been the last king, because if he was, he wouldn't have given the power to the council knowing that they were corrupted.

And It was never told in the manga that Kaname's soul is inside the body of Yuuki's brother. It is simply a spaculation which theoretically makes sense. ^ ^
Really? I read scanlations, so there must have been a difference in translation. But by "originator" do they mean ancestor? Because we know Kaname is Kuran's ancestor but in the second latest scanlated chapter it was translated that he was the son of the last Vampire King? ...lost in translation here.

Actually, Kaname didn't hand power over to the council 'knowing' that they are corrupted. He created and handed power over to the council HOPING that they would be a good example for the type of vampire society Kaname dreams about. But when he gets revived again, Kaname realizes that his hope for the council was mistakenly misplaced - that they did not listen to his original design of a good vampire but have now become corrupted - the very symbol which Kaname had despised. So...off with their heads...literally. XD

Yeah, I kind of thought that the manga never really did say Kaname was revived in Yuuki's brother's body - otherwise, I would never have forgotten such a fact if I read it.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 23:13   Link #677
freedomrulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Really? I read scanlations, so there must have been a difference in translation. But by "originator" do they mean ancestor? Because we know Kaname is Kuran's ancestor but in the second latest scanlated chapter it was translated that he was the son of the last Vampire King? ...lost in translation here.
The translation which I got is taken off from Shojo beat (best vk translators you could find).

It can be interpreted as ancestor in a sense, except Kaname was the founder of Kuran clan. In this case though, "Ancestor" is just a bold term as it leaves room for spaculation; there could have been another ancestor that was responsible for the beginning of Kuran lineage, and Kaname was one of his descendants (Just a possibility). Of course by saying "originator", it erases that possibility.
Regardless, I can pretty much guarantee you that "real" Kaname (Kuran ancestor) is not the sun of the last King. Because, the last vampire king gave birth to Haruka, Juuri, and Rido. ^ ^ The council members had no idea that Kaname was the ancestor of Kurans, because all they knew about was that Kaname was born of Haruka and Juuri (hence they started wondering as to what Kaname was saying--cha 43). As far as we know, the only person from the council that know about the whole ancestor/reawakening is Asato Ichijo. Resurrection of other ancestors is also worthy of being mentioned.

Quote:
Actually, Kaname didn't hand power over to the council 'knowing' that they are corrupted. He created and handed power over to the council HOPING that they would be a good example for the type of vampire society Kaname dreams about. But when he gets revived again, Kaname realizes that his hope for the council was mistakenly misplaced - that they did not listen to his original design of a good vampire but have now become corrupted - the very symbol which Kaname had despised. So...off with their heads...literally. XD
Well, Kaname has always opposed the council or rather the members of the council. He even said he had planned to destroy the council in the past before he went to deep slumber, but decided to hold back. I believe the council was created long ago, except they didn't have the power as they do now before it was given by the past head king. You have to keep in mind that the last vampire king handed the power over to the council, not Kaname unless you believe that he was the last king. If he was the last vampire king, then that would ultimately make him the "father" of Haruka, Juuri, and Rido.... talk about cheesy/creepy. lol Ofcourse its not going to happen. *atleast I hope not*
To make it more simple:- Kaname /= Last vampire king-----> he didn't give the power to council.

Anyways, the council was "one" of his targets, and hence he said "...you are going to be the first ones" before he killed the council members. I believe Kaname had more enemies in his former life than just the council itself.

I can't wait to learn more about the other resurrected ancestors + Kaname's past. Kaname's past is shrouded in mystery that it needs to be revealed, otherwise my head will explode.
Old 2008-11-11, 18:06   Link #678
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomrulez View Post

Anyways, the council was "one" of his targets, and hence he said "...you are going to be the first ones" before he killed the council members. I believe Kaname had more enemies in his former life than just the council itself.

I can't wait to learn more about the other resurrected ancestors + Kaname's past. Kaname's past is shrouded in mystery that it needs to be revealed, otherwise my head will explode.
wouldn't the Vampire hunters be also some of his enemies? The vampire hunters stand on the way to the kind of Vampire sociaty that he wants. Even though he believes humans and Vampires can coexist, he still consider himself superior to humans.
Old 2008-11-11, 20:37   Link #679
freedomrulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
wouldn't the Vampire hunters be also some of his enemies? The vampire hunters stand on the way to the kind of Vampire sociaty that he wants. Even though he believes humans and Vampires can coexist, he still consider himself superior to humans.
Certainly a possibility, I mean the hunters did "eat" an ancestor vampire in the past. But, I highly doubt the hunters association as a whole is bad, only the head of H.A (lady) has link with the council as seen in chapter 38. Anyways, I don't think Kaname regards himself as a superior being to humans. Such remark was never mentioned/shown in the manga.
Old 2008-11-13, 03:24   Link #680
ila-chan
ermmm...

It was never stated that the hunters ate vampires; only the Kiryuus did, and was stated by Ichiru. This also may perhaps be the reason why the Kiryuus are powerful hunters.

The hunter association, along with the Vampire Council have plotted together for Rido's succession (actually, I don't even know the real reason). It was clearly stated, and both the Kurans and (perhaps) the Kiryuus are tools for the plan

Tags
manga