Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-30, 15:51   Link #181
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Soldier
Wow you hate the entire original cast and everyone else in the CE universe except Shinn no wonder you stopped watching CE what I don't understand is how you can hate all those characters for reasons unspecified they have there good and bad points, and it all stems from Kira joining Zaft.
I remember when seed was on CN. I was really exited....I seen a few episodes and I didn't like the cast very mutch. I did like the Aegis gundam though...that thing was cool....justice was nice to. The thing is I didn't like the characters at all. there wasn't one character that I really liked. So I decided I would just watch any way for the mobile suit battles, but the thing was that there was more talking then fighting. That wouldn't be a problem If I liked the characters but I didn't so I just couldn't watch a bunch of characters i didn't like. So I got pissed and stoped watching. I thought Athrun was a antagonist simply because of the way his gundam looked. but that doesn't really matter anyway. one day I went to some store looking for a endless waltz DVD and they didn't have any so I looked around for a bit.

Now as I was looking around I seen in the corner of my eye a DVD with the freedom on it. I didn't get a good look at it so I thought it was the Wing Zero. I went to see what it was and when I picked it up I was like, "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THING!!!! IT LOOKS BETTER THEN THE WING ZERO!!!!" This was my first time ever seeing the Freedom I was blown away....Ever since I seen that DVD case with the Freedom on it I always though to my self,"Dammit! I should have watched seed". So I get the internet and one day I was arguing that Zechs was a better pilot then Kira (Just being a fanboy) then I remember saying something stupid like" whats that gundam with the wing?"...So the guy started talking shit aout me not knowing about seed so I decided t take a look.

Now the first thing I did was looked at some of the gundams. When I first seen the Justice/IJ I'm sure you guys know what I was thinking. So as I was looking at the gundams I was really liking what I saw and decided to give the show another chance. But this time I watched the show from the 2nd half/end and worked my way through the show....I still didn't like the cast very mutch so I decided to look at Destiny....The first thing I noticed was Shinn. I was starting to like him...from what I was reading...so I decided to take a look at his gundam....this is what got me started.

When I first seen the Destiny I was like, "What the fuck??? A red freedom! Cool!" So I started to watch seed Destiny....And I was hooked. I really liked Shinn and the way he talked to cagali..He was cool and had a big ass sword. So I stoped watching seed and moved to seed destiny. I liked it...I liked the cast to there really wasn't any problems. At first I thought, "Shinn is a way better pilot then the guys from seed". Until I seen Kira come out and kick the ass's of the poeple who tried to kill Lacus....That made me respect Kira alot.

So...now do you see why I don't like the original cast??? Or do you need more?
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 16:01   Link #182
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

actuall that hardly explains why you dont like the characters
Unless you mean that:

You like Kira because he protects Lacus and his gundam looks better than Wing Zero (Wing zero was total crap imo, but thats besides the point :P)
you seem to hate Athrun because he pilots IJ
you like Shinn because his Gundam looks somewhat like red Freedom

It seems kinda weird to me, but for the most part you seem to base your Like/Dislike for a character based on the MS he pilots

Unless i completely misunderstood something
Old 2006-08-30, 16:01   Link #183
anselfir
Style Über Alles

SEED has a wider scope than most shows, it is not about even saving the world from some evil force, it is about saving the world from itself, sort of. So there is an ideal, rather than some ugly looking evil stuff to fight. Looking at it from the quasi-liberal-pacifist view it features quite a lot of development and depth of character. It is not just another gundam show, and maybe that's why some people dont get it. :P

Once you are caught up with the kira-lacus peacefulness thing it really isnt necessary to develop them anymore, the only thing to do is just send them to pwn people and convert the masses. >_>
Old 2006-08-30, 16:09   Link #184
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

grandmaster192 it seems like you base the decisions on what mobile suit the character pilot's. Like you say you like Shinn because of the way he talks to Cagalli and his gundam looks like a red freedom and that's fine everyone is entitled to there opinion. I just find it hard to believe that you didn't like one character from seed because they were much better developed from the destiny cast. I mean you had Kira and Athrun best friend's forced to fight each other very sad. The Zaft team of Yzak the hothead, Dearka the sarcastic joker, and Nicol the moral conscience. Not to mention Rau who was one great villian and strategist, and you also had lighthearted character like Mwu who could bring humor to a bad situation/mentor to Kira and so many other's Cagalli, Lacus, Murrue. But I am rambling on whatever you are entitled to your opinion and if you like the destiny cast better so be it.
Silent Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 16:13   Link #185
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
actuall that hardly explains why you dont like the characters
Unless you mean that:

You like Kira because he protects Lacus and his gundam looks better than Wing Zero (Wing zero was total crap imo, but thats besides the point :P)
you seem to hate Athrun because he pilots IJ
you like Shinn because his Gundam looks somewhat like red Freedom

It seems kinda weird to me, but for the most part you seem to base your Like/Dislike for a character based on the MS he pilots

Unless i completely misunderstood something
Damn, I guess I failed then...I'm not really sure how to explain my hate for the originals.....for Kira I guess you can say I liked him for his gundam and piloting skill...I was never really a fan I didn't hate him niehter though..For Athrun the IJ is the top reason I don't like him...but even before he got it he was really starting to be anoying. I exepted more from him. Me liking Shinn because of his Destiny being a red freedom isn't why I like Him....but it is one of the reason why I like the Destiny...

Quote:
grandmaster192 it seems like you base the decisions on what mobile suit the character pilot's. Like you say you like Shinn because of the way he talks to Cagalli and his gundam looks like a red freedom and that's fine everyone is entitled to there opinion. I just find it hard to believe that you didn't like one character from seed because they were much better developed from the destiny cast. I mean you had Kira and Athrun best friend's forced to fight each other very sad. The Zaft team of Yzak the hothead, Dearka the sarcastic joker, and Nicol the moral conscience. Not to mention Rau who was one great villian and strategist, and you also had lighthearted character like Mwu who could bring humor to a bad situation/mentor to Kira and so many other's Cagalli, Lacus, Murrue. But I am rambling on whatever you are entitled to your opinion and if you like the destiny cast better so be it.
Well hey....Mwu is Neo in my mind and Neo sucks. Shinn's cool gundam is just a bonus. yeah, I did only lik Kira because of his gundam though...

The cool gundams are what attracted me to the show.....Shinn is really the only character that I really liked for there character and not just seeing them kick ass with there gundams..You guys are really misunderstanding my post. Mabe I did a bad job on it (Not really used to making long post) But I wasn't trying to say I only like the characters because of there gundams....I was just saying they are what attracted me to the show. But when it comes to Kira all I wanted to see was his gundam mainly because it looked cool and plays a role in Shinn's development.

Last edited by grandmaster192; 2006-08-30 at 16:23.
Old 2006-08-30, 16:19   Link #186
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Lol watching Destiny first. Total failure. That's not a good way to get into CE.
Old 2006-08-30, 16:19   Link #187
monster

What I don't understand is this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Kira with ZAFT just makes me hate the original cast. Not only do I hate Athrun, but I now hate Kira, Lacus, Mwu, Murrue, Cagagli, ect because of this...
Isn't that kind of blowing things out of proportion here?

But anyways,
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga
Shinn in the red ZAFT uniform
It's certainly the only reasonable choice for him, other than resigning from the military. As for the other two...well, I'll think about it when I see it. Hopefully it's not just going to be one unexplained scene, though that's what it looks like.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 16:22   Link #188
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

All I'll say is, I hope Dearka is given a promotion. I'd hate to think Shinn still outranks him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 16:22   Link #189
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:

Well hey....Mwu is Neo in my mind and Neo sucks. Shinn's cool gundam is just a bonus. yeah, I did only lik Kira because of his gundam though...
Mwu is Neo how can you say that Mwu La fllaga was 100 times greater than Neo. Mwu was the Hawk of Endimyon he was probably the greatest pilot in the Earth Alliance until Kira came along and a legend Neo is really a nobody they are nothing alike until Neo gets Mwu's memories. They should have left Mwu dead I thought his sacrifice was very noble he died to protect his ship and the women he loved there can be nothing more heroic Neo did nothing as great. Sorry about the rant but come on Mwu was so much better there really is no comparison that's why you should have seen Seed first then you would be able to see the difference.

Anh_Minh, I agree 100% Dearka should get one he got no love in Destiny except for a few appearences with Yzak very dissapionting.
Old 2006-08-30, 16:30   Link #190
grandmaster192

Quote:
Mwu is Neo how can you say that Mwu La fllaga was 100 times greater than Neo. Mwu was the Hawk of Endimyon he was probably the greatest pilot in the Earth Alliance until Kira came along and a legend Neo is really a nobody they are nothing alike until Neo gets Mwu's memories. They should have left Mwu dead I thought his sacrifice was very noble he died to protect his ship and the women he loved there can be nothing more heroic Neo did nothing as great. Sorry about the rant but come on Mwu was so much better there really is no comparison. .
But I watched Seed Destiny first...So I know him as Neo. I see the characters as there Destiny selfs more then there seed selfs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Lol watching Destiny first. Total failure. That's not a good way to get into CE.
It was the only way that I could get into the CE as it had the only character that I really wanted to see. If it wasn't for Destiny I would hate the CE and would have never gave it a chance. A like Destiny better then seed and after watching Destiny it's hard to watch seed IMO.
Old 2006-08-30, 18:04   Link #191
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
All I'll say is, I hope Dearka is given a promotion. I'd hate to think Shinn still outranks him.
Yeah... defectors should really hold a rank... Har.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 18:20   Link #192
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
Yeah... defectors should really hold a rank... Har.
Athrun? Yzak?

- Tak (And I need not remind you how many times a simliar situation such as this occured in real-life)
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 18:28   Link #193
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'd actually be less bothered by Dearka having been honestly kicked out of Zaft after GS and, say, working as some kind of private security guard, than by him (or, really, anyone at all) having to take orders from Shinn.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 18:29   Link #194
Tak

^ While I honestly want to see Shinn being schooled by Yzak...

- Tak
Old 2006-08-30, 18:30   Link #195
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
^ While I honestly want to see Shinn being schooled by Yzak...

- Tak
Schooled in what way?? A MS battle? If thats what you mean I personaly don't think thats possible.
Old 2006-08-30, 18:34   Link #196
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
But I watched Seed Destiny first...So I know him as Neo. I see the characters as there Destiny selfs more then there seed selfs..
That's a shame because the characters were alot better in seed better character development and personality and a character like neo mwu came first he is mwu not neo. The seed self's as you put it come first to understand the original cast and there motivations and personalitites you really needed to see Seed. But oh well I don't know if you saw them but episode's 49 and 50 even if you weren't a fan of Seed were quite good and you would have seen some great action and character interaction. It shows what the first cast went through and how they got to destiny event's.
Old 2006-08-30, 18:38   Link #197
Tak

Quote:
Schooled in what way?? A MS battle? If thats what you mean I personaly don't think thats possible.
Bah, you are so boring. Hell no, I want to see Yzak discipline the lil' brat. You think Athrun slapping him was severe? Imagine what Yzak would do to him... heh heh heh... *grin* heheheheheheh *evil grin*

- Tak (And ho hum, if Yzak was put inside a half-decent suit, he could do pretty good. As of yet, I do not believe we have seen his true abilities...)
Old 2006-08-30, 18:39   Link #198
grandmaster192

Quote:
That's a shame because the characters were alot better in seed better character development and personality and a character like neo mwu came first he is mwu not neo. The seed self's as you put it come first to understand the original cast and there motivations and personalitites you really needed to see Seed. But oh well I don't know if you saw them but episode's 49 and 50 even if you weren't a fan of Seed were quite good and you would have seen some great action and character interaction. It shows what the first cast went through and how they got to destiny event's.
Oh, I have seen the episodes you speak...I have them on DVD. Those were to of the first episodes I have ever seen...And I liked Rau Le crueset....I wish he was in Destiny. He was a pretty cool bad guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Bah, you are so boring. Hell no, I want to see Yzak discipline the lil' brat. You think Athrun slapping him was severe? Imagine what Yzak would do to him... heh heh heh... *grin* heheheheheheh *evil grin*

- Tak (And ho hum, if Yzak was put inside a half-decent suit, he could do pretty good. As of yet, I do not believe we have seen his true abilities...)
Yzaks gouf=Force Impules IMO. Shinn is a higher ranked soldier then Yzak. Yzak doesn't hold the power to disciplin him.
Old 2006-08-30, 18:41   Link #199
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak

I would like to see that Tak it would be a highlight for me. And I don't think we have seen Yzak's true abilities since seed he has only been using grunt suit's and it's true he did very well in them but there is a limit to how much you can do in a gouf or zaku, oh how I miss the days of Yzak and Dearka piloting gundams.
Old 2006-08-30, 18:46   Link #200
grandmaster192

I don't know...I think the Gouf is a better MS then people give it credit for. It's just as good if not better then Shinn's Force Impulse.