AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-01-20, 13:51   Link #341
White_Harpy
Core Newtype

I'm more worried about the mechanics of the 3rd season than the character choices;

1. Fukuda had better make sure that Hisashi Hirai remains the character designer for this series... OR ELSE ("Or else what?" "EXACTLY!" )

2. Try focusing on a set of characters, or the independent struggles of every character, but don't switch horses mid stream... You can either have Battle Star Galactica or you can have Berserk (Speaking of which, gee whiz there sure are many physical similarities between Waltfeld and Guts from Berserk...) ; You can't have both and keep it logical. At least, not if you're Fukuda.

3. Do something radical, for a change - impress me... Honmei Gandamu... new character builds a gundam for his shop class, but his high school is spontaneously attacked by coordinators masquerading as circus clowns whom are bent on world destruction. Or make the new main character a kleptomaniac who steals the mobile suit to add to his collection of useless trinkets. An uncontrollable passion is born of Cagalli's heart toward her brother, and she woos him whilst disguised as another person... an incestuous relationship ensues, and Athrun confesses his feelings for Murrue Ramius, only to find out that she's a mistress of S & M and is the prime minister of Scotland. etc...

4. Invent another enemy... be creative for goodness sake, instead of always switching off between ZAFT -> EA, EA ->ZAFT make something extreme, like the Imperium of Quebec... <shivers with fear>... those French Canadians are crazy as hell, vindictive, and above all else, vague... the perfect villains that one can really admire!
White_Harpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 13:55   Link #342
White_Harpy
Core Newtype

In all seriousness, new enemy will probably be Eurasian Union, seeing as how whoever gets crapped on the most, and to the highest intensity and forceful projection in 1st season becomes brutal antagonizer in next... is always the case...

by the way;

Waltfeldt:

http://www.answers.com/topic/andrew-waltfeld

Guts:

http://www.alicelandia.it/manga/bers...Gatsu%2001.jpg

Last edited by White_Harpy; 2007-01-20 at 14:09.
Old 2007-01-20, 18:10   Link #343
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I think another Kira vs Athrun would suck. They´ve already had Athrun and Kira fight, while thinking over their actions, twice. And I can´t think that they´re supposed to be the Char and Amuro of the CE. Nor do I think we will be seeing a full scale war in the movie (especially not if they really intend to give us a third season) so I´m leaning towards a terrorist faction appearing, threatening to use WoMD against the earth and the PLANTs.

Perhaps Kira joining ZAFT isn´t as deep as some think. Athrun fought with ZAFT in the beginning and left towards the end twice but they still needed to balance up the power in the CE and so the only thing left to do was for Lacus to take an active role at the PLANTs and for Kira to, unexpectedly, join ZAFT.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 03:58   Link #344
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
the changes in SE the most shocking is kira join ZAFT
all the people think kira will join ORB
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 22:17   Link #345
White_Harpy
Core Newtype

ROLF!!!!

That picture of Kira on Newtypes cover says it all...

Can't you picture him shrugging and saying, "Well... $#it! What the hell do I do now?" or perhaps... "%&ck it... I've got nothing..."

IMO, season 3, Kira quits on zaft and orb, and opens up his own surf shop in california with Lacus and Dearka...

Instead of his pupils narrowing when he goes into berserker mode, his pupils will dilate as he transitions into something known as "high mode". The mind blowing climax of the season is him awaking in his apartment only to find that his mobile suit has gone missing... "Dude, where's my M.S.?"
Old 2007-01-28, 14:22   Link #346
_X12A_Testament

I think Seed 3 should center around mars, with more than a 1 vs 1 dynamic. Also decide if ZAFT is going to be a genuine good force or if Kira gets himself manipulated into fighting anything from mars including some good factions which he is kept unaware of. It should be a mix of both, to show that even the good guys can misjudge a situation or jump the gun in the name of peace.

I like the idea of Kira at ZAFT but they need to develop the sitation fully.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 06:44   Link #347
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

How about the Martian Colonists blowing up Earth?
Old 2007-01-29, 19:38   Link #348
ila-chan
ermmm...

Better put Canard Pars in SEED 3 (or the movie). Lets see how brothers fought, ultimate coordinator style
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 19:40   Link #349
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Only that Canard Pars got over his "EMO INFERIORITY COMPLEX RAWR MUST KILL KIRA" shit a long time ago.

Though it would be amusing to see Hoshi voicing both characters conversing with each other. :3

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 00:17   Link #350
_X12A_Testament

I love that idea. Or I have been thinking of other failed ultimates from mars.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 06:57   Link #351
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Though it would be amusing to see Hoshi voicing both characters conversing with each other. :3
hoshi is seyuu of both of them?? lol, that would be funny ^^°
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 11:31   Link #352
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

a battle between the "brothers" kira yamato & Canard Pars could be interesting, as long as it has something to do with the main plot..I don't want some random battles between two emo brothers
Old 2007-01-30, 23:14   Link #353
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Only that Canard Pars got over his "EMO INFERIORITY COMPLEX RAWR MUST KILL KIRA" shit a long time ago.

Would be about as awkward as Flay and Natarle talking to each other in episode 47 of SEED.
Old 2007-01-31, 00:04   Link #354
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Would be about as awkward as Flay and Natarle talking to each other in episode 47 of SEED.
While it may have been awkward, it was Fllay's best scene in all of Seed, and it may well have also been Natarle's best scene. It stands testament to Kuwashima Houko's voice acting ability - it's rather a shame it wasn't put to good use in Destiny as well.
Old 2007-01-31, 00:45   Link #355
ila-chan
ermmm...

I agreed. Sometimes I forgot that it was Kuwashima Houko that's been VA's both characters. Flay and Natarle's voices are so different from each other, yet it's really the same person doing it.

Well, Hoshi's a great seiyuu, but sometimes it looked as if Son Goku (Saiyuki) the one that's driving freedom instead of Kira.
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 10:35   Link #356
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila-chan View Post
Well, Hoshi's a great seiyuu, but sometimes it looked as if Son Goku (Saiyuki) the one that's driving freedom instead of Kira.
hoshi is songoku's seyuu? well, can't remember saiyuki anymore (ok I only watched requiem, and some epi from the tv ... I think )
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 18:13   Link #357
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
While it may have been awkward, it was Fllay's best scene in all of Seed, and it may well have also been Natarle's best scene. It stands testament to Kuwashima Houko's voice acting ability - it's rather a shame it wasn't put to good use in Destiny as well.
Natarle's best scene is undeniably when she mutinied against Azrael.
Old 2007-01-31, 18:55   Link #358
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Natarle's best scene is undeniably when she mutinied against Azrael.
I much prefer well-written and quiet contemplative scenes over intense drama, so I can't agree with your statement. Besides, I feel that the prior scene was excellent in encapsulating how far Natarle's character had come along, and that the mutiny was just the payoff for how her arc was set up.
Old 2007-03-05, 12:55   Link #359
White_Harpy
Core Newtype

Wait... Mars...

What about Mars? Was there ever any issue of a side developing colonies on Mars?

Please, tell me if that was something that happened in an ASTRAY manga or such...

I always believed that the plants functioned as an original alternative to colonizing planets... Man, I should watch the entire series again...
Old 2007-03-05, 13:03   Link #360
Kittie Rose

How gay
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote