5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.87%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-16, 15:00   Link #121
DrewGSR

hmm, Shikumaru says that Neji, Temari and that puppet dude from the Sand are Jonin now. Is Shikumaru a jonin? Or still a chunin, i would assume he is a jonin also since he was chunin for a long ass time while everyone was still a genin.

Last edited by DrewGSR; 2007-02-16 at 17:17.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 15:11   Link #122
MidnighT-WolF

I'm one rare person here who watched ALL the fillers, every single one yes, and I must say I am TRULY HAPPY to finally have Naruto back on track!

GREAT EPISODE, that's all I have to say, I was definitely drooling during the whole first part, yelling "WTF, Hell Yeah, OMG" out loud, alone in my room! I also liked the rest of the episode, even if it was slow paced and a little empty (content speaking), but because it's Naruto's return and it had to be showed at this pace IMO, because it brought back a lot of happy and sad memories in our head, it's just like if all of the fillers had been deleted of my head, leaving only the good old Naruto story that is now finally going forward!!!

Oh and like many here, I also noticed the UBER new OST from the start of the episode, it added a lot the my drooling reaction, the songs fitted so perfeclty the scenes (in the rest of the episode too), old Naruto feeling, orchestral parts, choirs, OMG, I MUST TRULY get this OST as soon as it's out!

It's a 10 all the way for a guy like me who watched every single filler!
MidnighT-WolF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 15:18   Link #123
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnighT-WolF View Post
I'm one rare person here who watched ALL the fillers, every single one yes, and I must say I am TRULY HAPPY to finally have Naruto back on track!
In that case, allow me to be the first one to say that I'm very happy for you! You deserve this episode and the entertainment it has generated more than most of the Naruto-fans out there.

I also agree, the BGM played a huge factor in making this episode so enjoyable. I never thought Naruto would switch to a completely new set of OST, let alone think that these new BGM would be "not-kiddy" considering the shows main target audience is kids. "Uber new OST" indeed.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 15:20   Link #124
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
In that case, allow me to be the first one to say that I'm very happy for you! You deserve this episode and the entertainment it has generated more than most of the Naruto-fans out there.

I also agree, the BGM played a huge factor in making this episode so enjoyable. I never thought Naruto would switch to a completely new set of OST, let alone think that these new BGM would be "not-kiddy" considering the shows main target audience is kids. "Uber new OST" indeed.
Then again...the show has been running for so long that maybe their target audience has grown up
Old 2007-02-16, 15:26   Link #125
Qbi Sannin

I'm the same as Midnight. I've continued to watch all the Fillers no matter how 98% of them were super boring. I GREATLY ENJOYED this episode and VERY much anticipated it.

I'm abit disappointed at the visual improvements though. What I mean is...how come Sasuke and Shikamaru looked more...BUFF than Naruto? Naruto looks abit thin compared to the 2. I don't know if perhaps it's the clothes but he seemed to have grown the LEAST PHYSICALLY IMO.

ANYONE else notice it? Don't You think Sasuke and Shika look a bit more muscular?
Qbi Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 15:45   Link #126
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
Then again...the show has been running for so long that maybe their target audience has grown up
I think that would make sense, 'cause if you were 12 years old when you started watching Naruto (in japan) you would be 16-17 now, so they should be their wanted audience now imo.
So if I were the one making Naruto, I would make the show a little more grown up and not directed at 12 year olds any more.
Or else Naruto would probably lose its previous fans when they get bored of the childish content as they grow up.
If that happens, they would have to hope for newer fans to like.... buy the show and watch all eps up till' the ones who are airing now, and that's pretty fucked imo

So Naruto anime/manga should stick to its old fans imo, who are hopefully more grown up by now

-------------------------------------

And who is this Uchiha Madara anyway?
People talk about him, but have seen no answer yet....

Last edited by juggen; 2007-02-16 at 16:21.
juggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 16:01   Link #127
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggen View Post
And who is this Uchiha Madara anyway?
I'm sure we, the anime viewers, will know in due time. At this point, Kiyubi threw a name. That's all there is to it.

Btw, your posts would be read-friendly if you loose the vulgarities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
I simply refused to believe that by the simple fact, we didn't grow up. I know I didn't.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 16:19   Link #128
Katsumara
The cake eater.

I absolutely loved the episode. Loved the first bit with Sasuke.. (Sword ftw!) and how they ran through the place looking for him I guess?.. I loved how Naruto and Sakura were brought back to the 3rd Training Grounds to test their new skills.. was nice to see memories from the begining of the episode. I also liked the fact that as someone said above me, Sakura actually blushed when seeing Naruto. The kind of.. "Wow, he grew up" kind of blush. Haha, then of course she got to beat the heck out of him too. She's turning out to be like Tsunade!

Anyway, I'm so~glad that the series has started once again, and on a very good note! I alos like the new style that they do the previews in and what not, that's kinda cool. Opening is kind of catchy too, while the ending is so friggin' cute! XD Can't wait can't wait.
Old 2007-02-16, 16:21   Link #129
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

man am I glad the fillers are over sinze I too have watched every single one of them
lol
but, when I know have seen the first glimtz of Shippuden, it was all worth it

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 16:23   Link #130
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
seriously.. it felt like ive been watching naruto every single week when i watched episode one.. eventhough i didnt watch any filler ( cept one, the curry episode ROFL) and seriously whent he ep started i was thinking to myself O.O did i miss something here... uuhm ello! but thank god what i thought happened didnt occur..

one huge leap forward is the music seriously im loving it right now
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 16:33   Link #131
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Not sure if it´s alright or if it isn´t so I´ll use spoiler tags. Since the person indeed was in the first episode but he won´t be introduced until later...

...Meh, I´ll just leave the name out. But the guy who already was in the crater and got that angry look from Sakura. He looked so freakin´ awesome animated.

I´m going to give this episode a 9. The bgms at the "think-about-Sasuke", towards the end when Akatsuki makes their move and at the end when the Hokage´s were introduced kicked major ass!

The filler-things added in this episode was actually good. It feels strange using filler and good in the same sentence but they didn´t blow it this time.

And I really like the manga storyline so there´s no complaining on the comedy and story in the episode taken from the manga from me.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 16:49   Link #132
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Naruto looks actually cool now...

I can't believe that Gaara is Kazekage. JESUS.

And Neji a Junin?:O
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 16:58   Link #133
Rurouni

I think the first scene gives away too much. I've never read the manga but it spoils to much of what's gonna happen later on. But I loved the 2episode overall, great comeback of a great series. Was it quite true to the original manga or did they alter it a lot?
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 17:09   Link #134
studiocode

I'm curious, can I get a female perspective of Naruto's new look? Does he finally beat out Sasuke in the looks department?
studiocode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 17:23   Link #135
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
What a massive episode. I thank god that Naruto is finally back. It really felt like he was gone for all that time considering the doom and death that the fillers had given. But this was pretty packed episode and it's clear that things are going to be moving quickly.

The teaser at the start was impressive. Animation wise and just simply seeing how evil Sasuke has gotten. Makes it so much easier to want him thrown into a volcano or something. Now he has a bloody long sword? Looking like he was about to cut Naruto's head off! I hope we aren't going to need to wait a seriously long time to find out just what happened. Throwing in this Uchiha Madara, and when Kyuubi says something is more sinister than he is we better be worried. I'm a bit concerned about Kyuubi trying to convince Naruto to release the seal, oh sure that'd be a nice power boost but letting Kyuubi free would be a disaster of epic proportions. I agree that guy whoever he is looks pretty pale and creepy.

Getting to Naruto's homecoming. Nice to see all that changes in the characters. Naruto looks older though he hasn't lost some of that youthful charm (latest perverted technique). Sakura really has changed and feeling a lot more dangerous than she did back in her genin days. At least she looks more mature than she used to. It'll be interesting to see her growth in the next episode. Poor Naruto, everyone has passed him and Gaara has gone straight to the top. Wonder how Naruto feels, seeing a friend like Gaara reach a goal that he desperately wants to reach himself.

Thought something was going on with Shikamaru and Temari but I guess we'll have to wait a while. Neji moving to jouin is impressive, can only imagine how much stronger he's gotten. Really seeing how everyone has changed will be something to enjoy I think. At least Kakashi is the same as always, enjoying getting that book a little much .

Seems like Akatski is going to cause some trouble for the Sand ninjas. Sending two of them and apparently one used some weird technique worming that guy all the way into the sand structure. Not a good time for Temari to be taking a trip out to Konoha. Just hope Gaara and Kankuro can handle things out there. That guy with the mouths on his hands has me worried. That will be a situation I'm looking forward to checking out.

Let the bell test begin again. We can see some of Naruto's skills that he's learned along with Sakura. Considering Kakashi put the book away (shock) and is going to use his own Sharingan it's probably going to be more intense than the first time.

Welcome back Naruto! The darkness has finally passed.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 17:33   Link #136
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
I kept helding my breath during parts of the episode, this really blew me away!

I'm so glad that it is back, and such an awesome episode they served. There were some "filler scenes" which lasted very short, but they didn't bother me at all, they were common in the original Naruto also.

Can't wait to see Naruto and Sakura's fight with Kakashi, I think Naruto is going to kick his ass!
Old 2007-02-16, 17:36   Link #137
EoT
~~

Amazing episode. Contained alot of interesting facts on how the characters have changed from the 2.5 years apart.

Cannot wait till the next episode
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 17:47   Link #138
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
WHAT
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 17:59   Link #139
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

It's like the world exploded and everyone survived a nuclear winter. Is it true? Is it really true? Are the fillers really over? Did anything drag on from the fillers to this episode?
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 18:12   Link #140
Nuzzles

It was a really good episode, but it felt like they were trying way too hard to make it all dramatic.

Oh, and too many flashbacks.

Last edited by Nuzzles; 2007-02-16 at 18:27.
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote