AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-10-17, 08:22   Link #1381
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I'm sure we'll have a better idea of the pacing of the series when we see how many episodes it will take to adapt Volume 1 Chapter 3.

That said, if this is the only anime series that Heavy Object will get, which option do you guys prefer:
  1. 3 Volumes adapted over 24 episodes with 8 episodes dedicated to each volume?
  2. OR, 4 volumes adapted over 24 episodes?

One option has better pacing; the other has Frolaytia in a santa costume.

Personally, I think the first option is the safer bet. But the second option isn't impossible either. It's all about pacing and what to cut out. A fine line between being rushed or being boring.
Old 2015-10-17, 08:24   Link #1382
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

i think Vol 3 is a better ending point because of the scale and emotion it has over Vol 4. Though the problem like as you said that if its too slow then it might get boring and with a series like HO where it's full of thinking, planning and etc thats very possible when its in anime form
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 08:54   Link #1383
hinotori

I want it to adapt up to Vol.3 and end with the Strategic Antenna SS. The cliffhanger at the end would be the best way to end the series in my opinion.

Hell, they could adapt the original scene from the HOS manga epilogue chapter for more impact.
hinotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 08:55   Link #1384
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

It'll probably be Option 1, but I think they should go for Option 2. The reaction has been sort of lukewarm to the series and I can't blame them since they spend a bit too much time on certain things for the average viewer that could be shrunken or cut. It may be fine for the LN reader, but it's a problem if they fail to capture your attention.

Plus, I think it'd be a strong finish with the Deep Optical. But you guys are right that Vol 3 is a near perfect end and people may end up complaining about it being rushed and missing details. *sigh*
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 09:03   Link #1385
LazyHunter

I would prefer if they end it on volume 3, but as long as they don't rush it too much I'd be okay with 4 volumes, if only to see the Deep Optical in action. Still, ending it in volume 3 IMO would fit better for the anime ending than the 4th volume.

About rushing it, our perception of this is going to be different from anime-only viewes. In a spanish forum I frequent they were calling the anime rushed. Since they haven't read the novels it's likely some of them thought these 3 eps were adapting an entire volume. A lot dropped it because it went too much on technical details and plans over action for them, which we knew wouldn't be something all viewers would enjoy.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 09:03   Link #1386
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Yeah i really like Deep Optical, it's probably my favorite.I think the Object itself would be a good finish out of all the others but the situation/mission doesnt feel as climatic in Vol 3 where they have to take on a bunch of Objects(really brought a, ''how the fuck are they gonna get through this'' feeling) and save the city with Grandma bringing in some emotional investment.

I did like the chase scene with Vol 4, but the overall thing made it felt like ''another mission'' when compared to Vol 3's situation. However Vol 4 does end with that nice "you've guys have gotten too out of hand and i cant protect you anymore'' sort of thing that will get viewers interested in what's going to happen next at the end of the series if it does do Vol 4

Old 2015-10-17, 09:10   Link #1387
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
A lot dropped it because it went too much on technical details and plans over action for them, which we knew wouldn't be something all viewers would enjoy.
That's exactly it. Maybe they should make it more compact and focus more on getting to the action quicker, but then details may not come up and it may not make sense to viewers how they accomplished that.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 10:54   Link #1388
KnightShade

question the anime is only halfway through the first volume? what is the adaptation rate?
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 11:14   Link #1389
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
question the anime is only halfway through the first volume? what is the adaptation rate?
3 episodes a chapter. Presumably 9 episodes a volume.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 11:15   Link #1390
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
These 3 episodes adapted the prologue and first chapter of the first volume. Almost every volume has a prologue. 3 chapters and an epilogue.
Old 2015-10-17, 11:16   Link #1391
KnightShade

Quote:
This 3 episodes adapted the prologue and first chapter of the first volume. Almost every volume has a prologue. 3 chapters and an epilogue.
damn, i've only just begun reading! makes me siked for the anime
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 12:21   Link #1392
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

It's too sad though that Ghosts of Police wont be in the anime

Old 2015-10-17, 12:59   Link #1393
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
It's too sad though that Ghosts of Police wont be in the anime
That's what you're sad about? Think about Deep Optical and volume 6.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 13:13   Link #1394
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
That's what you're sad about? Think about Deep Optical and volume 6.
Well yeah itts gonna sucknot seeing the badassery of Unicorn, The 3rd Gen and Hevia and Quen going max stupid,but Ghost of Police is so cool with the concept, the villains(THAT SPEECH), the way how our Duo was getting helped by everyone when they were being surrounded, and Hevia using a motherfucker's body to contain an explosion

Old 2015-10-17, 19:12   Link #1395
LazyHunter

I finally found the raws for Heavy Object S 3rd and final volume. They used 3 chapters to adapt the end of chapter 3 and the epilogue. I was wondering what they were going to use the other 5 chapters for, since I knew they skipped vol 2 in the manga. Well, surprisingly they decided to adapt the SS with the fight against the Strategic Antenna, which makes sense since it happened after the coalition beat the Oceanian dictatorship. It had a funny addition to the SS: what appears to be Quenser receiving a message from Oh Ho Ho in the middle of the operation with what it might be one of the codes for her net concerts he has mentioned she sends him.

I wonder if the anime will adapt it too, though it's unlikely. Anyways, at least we know how the Strategic Antenna and its male Elite look like now.
Old 2015-10-18, 00:01   Link #1396
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
I finally found the raws for Heavy Object S 3rd and final volume. They used 3 chapters to adapt the end of chapter 3 and the epilogue. I was wondering what they were going to use the other 5 chapters for, since I knew they skipped vol 2 in the manga. Well, surprisingly they decided to adapt the SS with the fight against the Strategic Antenna, which makes sense since it happened after the coalition beat the Oceanian dictatorship. It had a funny addition to the SS: what appears to be Quenser receiving a message from Oh Ho Ho in the middle of the operation with what it might be one of the codes for her net concerts he has mentioned she sends him.

I wonder if the anime will adapt it too, though it's unlikely. Anyways, at least we know how the Strategic Antenna and its male Elite look like now.
Want to see that translated, damn... To get an Exclusive VIP pass to a concert from an enemy nation... on the other hand I'd like to see Quenser blow up the strategic antennae with the elite along it, I want to see the despair in his face... ASSHOLE.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 01:49   Link #1397
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wait what? Heavy Object S only covers the rest of the first volume?

There's no publication to continue the rest of the volumes??
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 04:24   Link #1398
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

There's a new manga, Heavy Object A, which I heard skips volume 2 and proceeds to volume 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dail...w-manga/.83697

New manga for Heavy Object to begin in Dengeki Maoh on Feb 27.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinotori View Post
Speaking of HO new manga, the first chapter was already coming out in last month Dengeki Maoh.

http://sectorzkpk0721.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-124.html

Look like they decided to just skip Adoption war and adapt Shadow of the Giants instead. ( HOS ended with Sandy Short Program, which is happening after Generation 0.5 )

Well. I'm glad that Ohoho-hime got a spotlight sooner, but it sucks to not be able to see Heivia Fiance and Sladder,though.

Servant Wishlist:
Available: Jeanne, Arturia, Marie, Nero, Atalanta, Elizabeth, Tamamo, Euryale, Scathach, Mordred, Karna, Medb, Enkidu
Not Yet Released: Semiramis, Achilles
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 05:10   Link #1399
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
3 episodes a chapter. Presumably 9 episodes a volume.
from New Type TV summary, the oil rig arc would be finished in 2 chapters, (episode 4, 5)
Old 2015-10-18, 20:12   Link #1400
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

My take on anime:
ep1: info dumps
ep2: sheer power of objects and battle style
ep3: boom Boom BOom BOOm BOOM!
battle in the strait of gibraltar
can someone explain why water strider is prometheus?
P.S. Milinda is cute girl, Frolaytia is sexy girl. *drools*

Tags
fantasy, harem, legendary bikini armor, object, sci-fi, shounen