5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 3.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.05%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.05%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.52%
1 out of 10 : Painful 20 5.25%
Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-17, 20:18   Link #1181
attobyte

About the Spinzaku. In this sense I think Kallen should be called Clawllen.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 21:16   Link #1182
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

What was the link to the character website that shows those still alive and those KIA?

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 21:45   Link #1183
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

http://www.geass.jp/correlative.html

Cornellia and sibilings still shown alive
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 22:02   Link #1184
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Lazy_Mexican View Post
http://www.geass.jp/correlative.html

Cornellia and sibilings still shown alive
In Wikipedia the siblings are mentioned as "dead" due to the Freya bombing incident. but then again it's wikipedia
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 22:19   Link #1185
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Oh $hit I finally read the article on Code Geass trainwreck website thanx to Vito (Again I was in 2 hurricanes so don't shoot me)...If it is indeed true then I'm gonna have to readjust my opinion from earlier and give my sympathies to the director if this happened...I now clearly can put the pieces together...Now if something is good I'll enjoy it...Kare Kano is like my fav HS romance comedies and after the creator quit that project I still thought the series was great so I can definatley do the same with CG R2 (If Sunrise totally pwnd the staff)..But this is a very disturbing trend and I'm getting really irate with the practices of this company...If they $hit on the upcoming Gundam 00 I think I'm gonna have a stroke...But when you read the article and look at the series it really makes sense how last season was really akin to DeathNote and this season was just so random with pace problems...

This episode only furthers that ebb and flow most have been discussing, so I hope at the very least these last few eps can give the director some salvation (Again unless someone corrects me I'm assuming the articles on the trainwreck website are true)...
Old 2008-09-17, 22:36   Link #1186
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

Two Questions for wingdarkness-sama.
1. Why did bandai decide to split up both Gundam 00 and Geass into two seasons instead of writing it as one big 50 ep season?(besides this moving being an amazing marketing strategy)
2.Why would the director release scrapped scripts?! It just leaves you thinking that this person is taking refrain or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post
About the Spinzaku. In this sense I think Kallen should be called Clawllen.
Right on! Both Clawllen and Spinzaku are nothing without their pawn moves... If it wasn't for the claw Clawllen would have been totally owned at any point in time in the both series.
nexocentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 22:55   Link #1187
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexocentric View Post
1. Why did bandai decide to split up both Gundam 00 and Geass into two seasons instead of writing it as one big 50 ep season?(besides this moving being an amazing marketing strategy)
2.Why would the director release scrapped scripts?! It just leaves you thinking that this person is taking refrain or something.

Right on! Both Clawllen and Spinzaku are nothing without their pawn moves... If it wasn't for the claw Clawllen would have been totally owned at any point in time in the both series.
Watch Gundam Seed and you'll find out why. Lot's of recap episodes and sadly to say its just impossible to keep the intensity up if season 1 was 50 episodes.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 23:20   Link #1188
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Well my theory on this (Considering Gundam 00 is the only 50 ep Gundam series in history to be split) is that it was partially influenced by Code Geass' S1 success...Another effect would be GSD's historic production problems inwhich the entire production nearly got scrapped (The ep 41 Athrun//Kira recap ep is literally the gum holding 2 iron sheets together)...Breaking the series up gives you the time to prepare for unforeseen occurances...I would hope no arm-twisting goes into Gundam's new season...

Quote:
We've become such a blog-heavy, internet-heavy, forum-heavy society I'd think he just wanted true fans to understand the situation even if it was via proxy (Again if the articles are true, which they certainly appear to be)...

@ the a$$hat, yes I read the actual translation...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2008-09-17 at 23:54.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 00:11   Link #1189
Charred Knight

Production delays are becoming quite common compare how the frequency of recaps in previous anime series, and recaps now.

An example is the infamous 4 recap episodes in Wolf Rain that where caused by Wolf Rain being behind schedule.

One example from a recent anime is that Gurren Lagann had a recap episode inserted between episode 15 and episode 16 just so they could meet the deadlines. The result is that Gainax had to pay money to buy an extra week on the schedule so they didn't have to change the plot.

In particular Gundam Seed Destiny suffered major production problems that needed massive amounts of flashbacks, and recap episodes. Presumably to prevent this Sunrise took a page from western tv making and started making true seasons.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 00:27   Link #1190
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

What was it?
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 02:17   Link #1191
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Oh $hit I finally read the article on Code Geass trainwreck website thanx to Vito (Again I was in 2 hurricanes so don't shoot me)...If it is indeed true then I'm gonna have to readjust my opinion from earlier and give my sympathies to the director if this happened...I now clearly can put the pieces together...Now if something is good I'll enjoy it...Kare Kano is like my fav HS romance comedies and after the creator quit that project I still thought the series was great so I can definatley do the same with CG R2 (If Sunrise totally pwnd the staff)..But this is a very disturbing trend and I'm getting really irate with the practices of this company...If they $hit on the upcoming Gundam 00 I think I'm gonna have a stroke...But when you read the article and look at the series it really makes sense how last season was really akin to DeathNote and this season was just so random with pace problems...

This episode only furthers that ebb and flow most have been discussing, so I hope at the very least these last few eps can give the director some salvation (Again unless someone corrects me I'm assuming the articles on the trainwreck website are true)...
No it's not true, it's just speculation. All of it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 04:12   Link #1192
Franckisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
In Wikipedia the siblings are mentioned as "dead" due to the Freya bombing incident. but then again it's wikipedia
ALIVE. Didn't you see Odysseus in the army and the other 2 females cleaning Ashford?
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 04:50   Link #1193
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
I thought they were in Britannia?
Mopping his mansion.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 04:59   Link #1194
Franckisted

No no...
Beside, Lelouch already knew Shneizel plan of nuking Pandragon, why would he not take Odysseus (geassed)+ the 2 geassed sisters away?
Old 2008-09-18, 05:10   Link #1195
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Right on! Both Clawllen and Spinzaku are nothing without their pawn moves...
what do you mean by their "pawn moves"?

Quote:
If it wasn't for the claw Clawllen would have been totally owned at any point in time in the both series.
Not sure about that. Kallen is skilled that's why Zero acknowledged her in the first place but not as good compared to Spinzaku. Before, Kallen was with Zero, hence, with Zero's tactical ingeniousness and her strength the OotBK proved to be a great threat to Britannia. The "claw" was part of Zero's tool to beat his enemies, he's just fighting his own fruits that he grew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
No no...
Beside, Lelouch already knew Shneizel plan of nuking Pandragon,
No he didn't. If he did, don't you think he would have a back-up plan ready for that? or a counter-measure to prevent that from happening? He won't gain any advantages if he let Schniezel nuke Pendragon. Besides, he walked out the conference in shock, both Suzaku and Lelouch and his hench mens.

Quote:
why would he not take Odysseus (geassed)+ the 2 geassed sisters away?
because they are of no importance? as for Odysseus he's part of his military now like you said so i wasn't really including him.
Old 2008-09-18, 05:37   Link #1196
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Watch Gundam Seed and you'll find out why. Lot's of recap episodes and sadly to say its just impossible to keep the intensity up if season 1 was 50 episodes.
Freedom for everyone! And ∞Justice too! I liked seed, but that's why they had so many recaps.....

Quote:
Well my theory on this (Considering Gundam 00 is the only 50 ep Gundam series in history to be split) is that it was partially influenced by Code Geass' S1 success...Another effect would be GSD's historic production problems inwhich the entire production nearly got scrapped (The ep 41 Athrun//Kira recap ep is literally the gum holding 2 iron sheets together)...Breaking the series up gives you the time to prepare for unforeseen occurances...I would hope no arm-twisting goes into Gundam's new season...
It kind of makes me wonder... why don't they prepare the whole anime series in advanced like most Japanese dramas and Masked Rider?

Quote:
We've become such a blog-heavy, internet-heavy, forum-heavy society I'd think he just wanted true fans to understand the situation even if it was via proxy (Again if the articles are true, which they certainly appear to be)...

I really think that that information should be shredded incinerated and then laser blasted. After hearing all the different possibilites not only my idea of killing them all off like Tomio(is it?) sound like a good idea, but it looks like the should have extended season 1 about 5 eps and then finished it cleanly.... but instead they went for the money.... doesn't putting stuff like your really crap ideas on the internet discredit you as a director?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
In particular Gundam Seed Destiny suffered major production problems that needed massive amounts of flashbacks, and recap episodes. Presumably to prevent this Sunrise took a page from western tv making and started making true seasons.
I don't think they're taking the "true" seasons thing from western tv. It's probably coming from Japanese TV, where a TV drama will air for a season, which is why their dramas come out for each season(spring, summer, ect). I really hope they don't take any ideas from western tv... they have this good reputation of making series end here, but in the states.... I mean!!! Look at 24! And how is there a third season of prison break? It means there was NO prison break! And what's with all the reruns on US TV? They rarely have reruns here... sometimes I wish they did though... so you could catch that last episode of Gundam 00 because it wasn't in the same time slot......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
what do you mean by their "pawn moves"?

Not sure about that. Kallen is skilled that's why Zero acknowledged her in the first place but not as good compared to Spinzaku. Before, Kallen was with Zero, hence, with Zero's tactical ingeniousness and her strength the OotBK proved to be a great threat to Britannia. The "claw" was part of Zero's tool to beat his enemies, he's just fighting his own fruits that he grew.
Their key moves so they can pawn people. Pretty much own any body that comes in an 800 mile radius of them.

Kallen is skilled... Suzaku is a hardened soldier though. Kallen is just a rebel. Which would go to discribe their fighting styles quite a bit.

Zero didn't make the claw did he?
nexocentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 06:00   Link #1197
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Their key moves so they can pawn people. Pretty much own any body that comes in an 800 mile radius of them.
Oh that

Quote:
Zero didn't make the claw did he?
Of course he didn't. What i'm saying is, Gurren Mk.II was a necessity to his plans when he was leading the OotBKs, later on modified by Lloyd and Cecile's team that resulted to Seiten. If it weren't for Lakshata Gurren Mk.II wouldn't be possible and their encounters with Spinzaku will be their end or if they survived, Cornelia would've obliterated them back in s1.

Now, if i'm not mistaken you were saying earlier that if Kallen was using a normal KMF she would've been dead.
Old 2008-09-18, 06:09   Link #1198
Franckisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post

No he didn't. If he did, don't you think he would have a back-up plan ready for that? or a counter-measure to prevent that from happening? He won't gain any advantages if he let Schniezel nuke Pendragon. Besides, he walked out the conference in shock, both Suzaku and Lelouch and his hench mens.

because they are of no importance?
as for Odysseus he's part of his military now like you said so i wasn't really including him.

Like Lelouch was thinking Shneizel is a pacifist and he wasn't going to do anything, hmmm?
When Lelouch learned about Pandragon beeing nuked "so they played the first blow" or something like that ( I don't quite remember)
Well... his (shneizel ) first blow wasn't going to be to nuke a small village... logically speaking I mean...

counter mesure? For the moment they are NONE.
Damocles+Fleya... counter? How? (at that time and space.)

So why Odysseus is of importance? With your logic that is! The 2 sisters in pendaragon, but not odysseus?? Why?
If Odysseus is alive, so are the other 2.
Not that I care anyway. ^^
Old 2008-09-18, 06:22   Link #1199
Usami Haru
Mr. Broshido
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Like Lelouch was thinking Shneizel is a pacifist and he wasn't going to do anything, hmmm?
Still, he didn't do anything to prevent it, because he didn't knew the place. Lelouch knew that Schneizel had a plan, and with that Fleija included, but he didn't knew that he was going to nuke Pendragon. That's why he said "he made the first move". It all went not as planned for Lelouch and Suzaku after that.
Usami Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 06:50   Link #1200
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
counter mesure? For the moment they are NONE.
Damocles+Fleya... counter? How? (at that time and space.)
yes there are none to counter freija at the moment. Nina is still working on that, hopefully. What i meant was the attack, remember when Damocles blew up Pendragon there was no sign of a counter attack, Cecile saying they were unable to detect it until Pendragon was engulfed by Freija.

Quote:
So why Odysseus is of importance? With your logic that is! The 2 sisters in pendaragon, but not odysseus?? Why?
If Odysseus is alive, so are the other 2.
Not that I care anyway. ^^
he's not important. I assumed he's somewhere out there deployed in one of Lelouch's defenses. But, I don't give a care about him or the 2 sisters either