AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kashimashi Episode 13 (OVA) Rating
Perfect 10 10 24.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 17.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 9.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-13, 13:43   Link #21
martino
makes no files now

Oh yes(sorry), having it the other way round does make more sense after comparing Hazumu and Tomari on the girl-o-meter.
Old 2006-11-13, 14:38   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, just watched the end episode.

Basically, all my speculations were correct. Yasuna realizes (ya'll should really spoilerize a lot of this discussion)
Spoiler:

The episode felt rushed and chopped, as if they were trying to cram an hours worth of story into less than a halfhour. The extreme use of flashbacks to backfill all the plot points (we find out that the crossriver "ano" happens after Yasuna and Hazumu make their decisions) was interesting though it required some attention.

I believe there's a line where the alien says that the marriage violates the legal code but, hey its Christmas and all bets are off (miracles).

Basically, for my entertainment value -- the story events fit with what I figured would happen given the events in the first 12 episodes... but they should have taken the opportunity in the DVD to just have a longer running time and flesh out the conversations more. Reasonably satisfied with overall series ... either a 7 or an 8 depending on my mood (7 when I think about the lame teacher/dad gags, 8 when I focus on the core story).
Old 2006-11-14, 08:58   Link #23
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Oh yes(sorry), having it the other way round does make more sense after comparing Hazumu and Tomari on the girl-o-meter.
Actually, rewatch the Tomari and Hazumu flashbacks (to when they were still children). Hazumu wants to be Tomari's bride.
(But your reason is correct too, of course.)
Old 2006-11-14, 14:14   Link #24
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Which makes it really funny who carries who up the stairs
Old 2006-11-15, 00:43   Link #25
Anaglyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The episode felt rushed and chopped, as if they were trying to cram an hours worth of story into less than a halfhour.
Yeah; found it quite disappointing because of this, despite ending the way I would have liked the series to end. Was too light and fluffy for such a big event. (Although the series itself would have been better with a slightly less farcical approach. The seemingly endless ridiculous teacher and creepy father jokes got really painful and just wasted time.)

Spoiler:

Objectively I'd rate this as "average", but I voted "good" because I enjoyed it despite its shortcomings (same as the series) and for the above spoiler.

Last edited by Anaglyph; 2006-11-15 at 01:01.
Old 2006-11-27, 01:42   Link #26
monster

I finally found the time to watch it amidst all the other series I'm watching. It's surprisingly a very enjoyable ending, not to mention the winter setting was a nice touch in my opinion. As an aside, I sometimes wish all love triangle stories could end on this happy a note, though there is some merit as well to such endings like KGNE's (considering the circumstances in that story).
Old 2006-12-03, 08:33   Link #27
zephyrjk

arr... didn't Tomari said "Atashi wa omae no oyome-san ni natteyaru"
as in "I'll become your bride"?

Hazumu did say he wanted to be the bride when they were small, but Tomari corrected him and said she'll be his bride instead.

That's why Hazumu was the one to carry Tomari to the "altar".
Old 2006-12-11, 01:12   Link #28
The Sandman

Well, there are three other ways it could end.

It could end with Ayuki coming out of the blue and stealing Hazumu from both of them.

It could end with Asuta coming out of the blue and stealing Hazumu from both of them.

Or (and this is my super-fluffy happy ending desire) Yasuna and Tomari could bridge the final link. After all, the problem is the love angle. When you make it a triangle, then everyone can live in polyamorous bliss.

After all, I've seen KimiGa. And Koi Kaze. And Saikano. That sort of ending is good in moderation, but I need a little fluff to survive too!
Old 2006-12-26, 22:51   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Rewatching the series & the OVA are a perfect way to spend one's Boxing Day - i'm in love all other again. <3
Old 2007-05-17, 08:30   Link #30
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Last edited by kevin13; 2010-06-15 at 19:37.
Old 2007-05-18, 07:47   Link #31
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Horray I saw it!

Wonderfull, I'm very sad this seris is over now though..
Old 2008-07-23, 09:34   Link #32
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Sometimes I feel like the only one who hated this episode and wishes they had left the count at 12.

Spoiler for Whyyyyy I think so:

I don't know whether to think it's funny or sad that I got a negative rating on my reputation for this post. Sorry I didn't like your favorite pairing, anonymous. ::eyeroll::

Last edited by Kagami~n; 2009-01-26 at 22:51.
Old 2008-07-24, 13:15   Link #33
Sezren
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami~n View Post
Sometimes I feel like the only one who hated this episode and wishes they had left the count at 12.
There are more people who think that. I am not one of them.
Quote:

As Vexx said, it was choppy and rushed.
Agreeing with that.
Quote:
Emotional troubles and decisions that had taken an entire series to work through were easily solved in under 30 minutes.
Dont think so. Episode 13 is nothing compared to the cure of Yasuna's Yuri-vision in episode 12. Everything in episode 13 which you seem to dislike is based on conscious reasonable choices by characters in the anime. Yasunas cure came miraculously out of nowhere.
Quote:
I got a huge sense of too much content for too little time.
Yes it was too short.
Quote:
Also, not meaning to sound like a Scrooge here, but: It was too happy. It was a shortcutting, flip-flopping, 'everyone gets a happy ending!' type of thing. One of the things I had liked about episode 12's ending was that it wasn't all sappy-happy. When a decision is made in a love triangle, more than likely someone is going to wind up very hurt. That's the consequence. That's life. For a while, it looked like Kashimashi understood that. This OVA flipped the whole thing around and twisted it
I really dont think so. It was almost a clear consequence of what happend before. It is also explained fairly well in episode 13 (if you watch it a few times..).
Quote:
so that there were no consequences at all. That's not life. That's some silly fantasy.
Did you watch the previous 12 episodes? Kashimashi never made any attempt at realism. Quite the opposite.
Quote:
And then to further distance ourselves from anything remotely realistic, we have a magical high school wedding on Christmas with snowflakes and glitter and miracles such as ignoring marriage laws.
Why would the alien care about (human) marriage laws?
Quote:
Meanwhile the rival/losing side of the triangle smiles and gives her blessings, having gone straight.
Did you watch episode 13 (and the ending in 12)? Thats not at all what happend. The whole thing was instigated by Yasuna. She had two reasons. One was that she felt that it was wrong to win over Tomari the way she did. She indicates that at least twice in the anime. Once in episode 13. Once sometime earlier when talking with Tomari. And I dont know about her being straight now. I dont think that is conclusive.
Quote:
Even the teacher got her alien boyfriend for no real reason.
"The power of love" doesnt count as reason I guess? It ("the power") was shown plenty of times in earlier episodes.
Old 2008-07-25, 13:34   Link #34
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezren View Post
There are more people who think that. I am not one of them.
Alright.
Quote:
Dont think so. Episode 13 is nothing compared to the cure of Yasuna's Yuri-vision in episode 12. Everything in episode 13 which you seem to dislike is based on conscious reasonable choices by characters in the anime. Yasunas cure came miraculously out of nowhere.
I disagree, as they explained why Yasuna's cure happened. I don't find their choices conscious or reasonable, but I already said that.

Quote:
Did you watch the previous 12 episodes?
Gee no, I didn't watch them. I didn't watch the 13th episode that I just reviewed either. I'm just writing on a whim about a series I didn't watch because I thought it would be a ton of fun. We have differing opinions, but I'd appreciate that you refrain from any remarks at my basic intelligence.

Quote:
Kashimashi never made any attempt at realism. Quite the opposite.
Perhaps not with the laws of science and physics, but with human emotions, they made many attempts. I saw episode 13's attempts to be half-hearted.

Quote:
Why would the alien care about (human) marriage laws?
The humans who the laws apply to should care, which was another tiny factor that made the whole thing painfully cheesy.

Quote:
Did you watch episode 13 (and the ending in 12)? Thats not at all what happend. The whole thing was instigated by Yasuna. She had two reasons. One was that she felt that it was wrong to win over Tomari the way she did. She indicates that at least twice in the anime. Once in episode 13. Once sometime earlier when talking with Tomari. And I dont know about her being straight now. I dont think that is conclusive.
You mean Yasuna didn't happily give Hazumu, whom she had loved so very much, away to Tomari with a smile on her face? You mean that the rival in a love triangle actually helping her competition to win isn't just a little too perfect? I guess that's your opinion. You're right, her going straight was inconclusive, but there was subtext.

Quote:
"The power of love" doesnt count as reason I guess? It ("the power") was shown plenty of times in earlier episodes.
I guess it does count as a reason why a relationship that had been completely one-sided for the previous 12 episodes would magically blossom at the tail end of episode 13, with no other hint at an explanation. Still not good enough for me.

I didn't like the episode and I won't, it pretty much ruined Kashimashi for me. I resent it, and I'm sorry that that rubs you the wrong way.
Old 2008-07-26, 18:02   Link #35
Sezren
Inactive Member

Quote:
I disagree, as they explained why Yasuna's cure happened.
Yes "the power of love" which you seem to accept in episode 12 but not in episode 13.
Quote:
I don't find their choices conscious or reasonable, but I already said that.
What I meant with "conscious" was that they chose that in their own power instead of it happening to them. And please tell me which of those choices were not reasonable.
Quote:
The humans who the laws apply to should care, which was another tiny factor that made the whole thing painfully cheesy.
Which humans should care? If it is the involved characters: Why? I really dont understand that at all.
Quote:

You mean Yasuna didn't happily give Hazumu, whom she had loved so very much, away to Tomari with a smile on her face? You mean that the rival in a love triangle actually helping her competition to win isn't just a little too perfect? I guess that's your opinion.
I dont know what you mean with "too perfect". But from my view it was consistent with the rest of the anime. Especially with the now cured and due to that more mature Yasuna. Do you really see a Yasuna who would ignore this "wrongness" (of how she got Hazumu etc.)?
Quote:
I guess it does count as a reason why a relationship that had been completely one-sided for the previous 12 episodes would magically blossom at the tail end of episode 13, with no other hint at an explanation.
It didnt "blossom magically". It was by choice of the alien. And given the quest of the alien (explore love etc.) its the most obvious thing for him to actually explore it instead of just watching it.
Quote:

I resent it, and I'm sorry that that rubs you the wrong way.
Your resentment doesnt "rub me the wrong way". I merely disagree with some of your arguments.
Old 2008-08-09, 19:10   Link #36
TheInfinityZERO
Mugen //Zero

Bringing this back...

I didn't know there was an OVA. It did feel a bit rushed.

I feel sorry for Asuta. He lost his buddy (male Hazumu) and his unrequited love. Haha
There's still Ayuki and Yasuna.
Old 2009-05-06, 04:41   Link #37
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

This is how I wanted the series to end. Hooray!

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2009-10-07, 22:45   Link #38
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I'm glad Tomori got Hazumu in the end even though I never liked Hazumu. At least, she's happy now.

Yes, I hate indecive characters, especially selfish ones like Hazumu. She's the type of person that thinks the world revolves around her and I'm sure nobody would like that type of person.

And let's not talk about the wedding scene...it had FAIL written all over it. It was very very random.

I liked the anime series but I would prefer the manga ending. OVA was not bad, ending was.

Last edited by Zwei; 2009-10-07 at 23:06.
Closed Thread