AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-15, 17:38   Link #1741
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I'm not sure that having a private Twitter account or blocking people you don't want following you is necessarily a sign of being in a "bad mental state". He may just want to post things for a smaller group and not the whole world. This is sort of like the whole "faking illness" thing earlier. If people were saying these sorts of things about me, I'd probably want to lie low for a while too.

Let's just wait for the next novel.
I think Weed's theory might have some credence to it depending on what the author's behavior was like beforehand. It would be strange for a previously easygoing and tolerant person to suddenly become touchy enough to ban people at the drop of a hat; that could signify some kind of author burnout or other kind of stress. It could also just as easily mean nothing at all, of course, but it's not a completely random theory like the faking illness one is (Sorry ogon).
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 18:08   Link #1742
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I think Weed's theory might have some credence to it depending on what the author's behavior was like beforehand. It would be strange for a previously easygoing and tolerant person to suddenly become touchy enough to ban people at the drop of a hat; that could signify some kind of author burnout or other kind of stress. It could also just as easily mean nothing at all, of course, but it's not a completely random theory like the faking illness one is (Sorry ogon).
Well, if people are upset about the novel delays (or otherwise about the direction of the plot) and are accusing him of faking his illness and so on... that may also be a contributing factor. I don't what sorts of tweets he was receiving that may have upset him.

I guess my main point is that we shouldn't rush to conclusions.
Old 2013-04-16, 07:58   Link #1743
Nevellin

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, if people are upset about the novel delays (or otherwise about the direction of the plot) and are accusing him of faking his illness and so on... that may also be a contributing factor. I don't what sorts of tweets he was receiving that may have upset him.

I guess my main point is that we shouldn't rush to conclusions.
I agree with you that we shouldn't rush to conclusions, but it is a possible theory. Theres a lot rumors about it in different genres of novels (and mangas).

Ps: First post. I read the entire thread in 1 week. o,o
Nevellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 13:08   Link #1744
gaiachaos

What? The author is not faking his disease. When he made it public on twitter (an obvious mistake), there were a bunch of people asking him about his actual disease. He blocked these nerds from twitter because it's not their business.

According to the blogs that I read, he has pancreatic cancer. He probably consumed too much soft drinks or coffee.
gaiachaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 13:53   Link #1745
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Cancer? ANOTHER light novel author with cancer?

Just how unhealthy is it to write novels?
Old 2013-04-17, 15:19   Link #1746
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
More like it's just the modern-day lifestyle that is the problem.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 20:17   Link #1747
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Lets hope he gets well soon, because according to him, the series is only about 1/3 done right.
Old 2013-04-21, 10:18   Link #1748
JamJackEvo

It makes you wish (and pray) that nothing bad happens to him.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 06:42   Link #1749
cedec0

Quote:
Cancer? ANOTHER light novel author with cancer?

Writing novels isn't unhealthy... but living in Japan right now might be...

Below is an email I sent out a month ago with an update on the situation in Japan.

Quote:
Just skimming the headlines is enough to see what is going on in Japan:

Thousands of children are dead or dying. Tokyo soil is so hot it should be sent to nuclear waste dump (“Contamination levels that would be considered radioactive waste in U.S. were ubiquitous on Tokyo streets”). Japan has just seen its largest population drop ever recorded. People able to are leaving the country.

Massive quantity of radioactive waste is still being released into the land, see, and air. The reactors are “not repaired at all”.

Meanwhile there is an ongoing global media cover up. Japan has plummeted in the press freedom list (“Almost zero respect for access to information related to Fukushima… Should sound an alarm”). In their quest to maintain the illusion that everything is fine, Japanese officials are even trying to prevent voluntary evacuations (“TV: Officials outside Fukushima told not to accept voluntary evacuees from Fukushima? “Oh, finally, they confessed and gone this far” (VIDEO)”).

--------------------------------

Headlines about the Fukushima situation:

11:57 AM EST on March 7th, 2013 | 15 comments
Physicians: Initial health consequences of Fukushima catastrophe are now scientifically verifiable

10:46 AM EST on March 4th, 2013 | 25 comments
Japan Radiation Expert after 3/11: Don’t just leave Tokyo, leave the country if possible -- Journalist: “I’m losing my words” (VIDEO)

04:43 PM EST on March 1st, 2013 | 24 comments
Lead Architect of Microsoft Windows 95: Something very much amiss in Fukushima -- Like an almost totalitarian state -- People now saying “For the sake of my child’s health, I’m not going to think about radiation”

10:31 PM EST on February 28th, 2013 | 2 comments
Top UK Newspaper Headline: Fukushima cancer risk ‘played down to aid nuclear industry’

09:17 PM EST on February 28th, 2013 | 2 comments
TV: Fukushima kids with nose bleeds, diarrhea, mouth blisters, other problems -- Symptoms go away after leaving area -- Used to be in good health, now picking up every little bug going around (VIDEO)

01:55 PM EST on February 28th, 2013 | 18 comments
“Shameless”: New World Health Organization report shockingly downplays health risks after Fukushima -- “WHO and other organisations must stop hiding the impact”

01:14 PM EST on February 28th, 2013 | 10 comments
Film: World Health Organization beholden to nuclear interests -- Physician: “Like having Dracula guard the blood bank” (VIDEOS)

11:23 AM EST on February 28th, 2013 | 24 comments
Fukushima cancer headlines appear all over mainstream media

03:53 PM EST on February 27th, 2013 | 13 comments
Fukushima Photographer: “We have seen how it’s affecting children already, and no one knows exactly what’s going on” -- We can only rely on nuclear experts in Germany, France, U.S.

11:35 AM EST on February 27th, 2013 | 11 comments
AP: Flurry of films on Fukushima disaster -- Shows authorities playing down health risks, not telling whole truth

02:38 PM EST on February 26th, 2013 | 25 comments
Paper: Nuclear meltdown at sea “would have a far more devastating effect” than on land -- Thousands of cubic miles of ocean contaminated

11:43 AM EST on February 25th, 2013 | 18 comments
Caldicott: Fukushima disaster the worst thing that’s ever happened -- I’ve never seen anything so despicable in decades of being a doctor (AUDIO)

12:29 AM EST on February 25th, 2013 | 22 comments
Gundersen: We’re getting reports from Japan of deformed children, troubled pregnancies after Fukushima (AUDIO)

11:09 AM EST on February 24th, 2013 | 22 comments
Guardian: Fukushima families on edge of meltdown -- “Nobody trusts the government any more” -- Officials “afraid of triggering an exodus”

04:37 PM EST on February 20th, 2013 | 61 comments
Academic Journal: Fukushima catastrophe becoming turning point in world history -- “Its long-term impact and meaning are impossible to repress”

12:57 PM EST on February 16th, 2013 | 12 comments
Japan Times: Fallout from Fukushima causing problems 180 kilometers away -- “It’s all become no good”… Contaminated wild vegetables, fish, wild game

10:25 AM EST on February 16th, 2013 | 39 comments
“They Know All”: Over 5,000,000 Bq/m2 of Cesium-137 in Fukushima City (VIDEO)

02:15 PM EST on February 14th, 2013 | 29 comments
Report: Now over 44% of Fukushima children have thyroid abnormalities in latest tests

12:39 PM EST on February 13th, 2013 | 10 comments
Watch: Japanese journalists reveal radiation cover-up after Fukushima (VIDEO)

11:07 AM EST on February 13th, 2013 | 15 comments
Kyodo: 10 Fukushima children believed to have cancer -- 70% female -- Several already had surgery for thyroid

10:40 AM EST on February 12th, 2013 | 9 comments
Video: Fukushima child has radioactivity of 6,000 disintegrations per second inside body

07:27 PM EST on February 11th, 2013 | 18 comments
Attorney to Tepco: Please help us, we have troops who are dying, need medical care after 3/11 -- Bone marrow transplant at NIH -- Another bleeding incessantly (AUDIO)

05:15 PM EST on February 11th, 2013 | 19 comments
Fukushima Worker: They are wearing tungsten vests when outside Reactor 3

03:57 PM EST on February 11th, 2013 | 14 comments
Audio: It’s the reality that Northern Japan is contaminated and radioactive material is constantly being spread elsewhere -- “A really creepy, macabre feeling”

11:29 AM EST on February 11th, 2013 | 26 comments
Navy Sailors After Fukushima: They’ve got leukemia, testicular cancer, growths… They’ve had surgery to remove brain lesions and lost sight in eye (VIDEO)

01:51 AM EST on February 11th, 2013 | 6 comments
TV: Officials outside Fukushima told not to accept voluntary evacuees from Fukushima? “Oh, finally, they confessed and gone this far” (VIDEO)

03:25 PM EST on February 5th, 2013 | 42 comments
Asahi: Secret US report called Japan’s Fukushima response “FUBAR, or F????? Up Beyond All Recognition” -- Top official had tears in his eyes

10:59 AM EST on February 5th, 2013 | 31 comments
SOS from Fukushima Mothers: “Desperate, hopeless situation… Please help” (VIDEO)

02:38 PM EST on January 30th, 2013 | 10 comments
Jiji: Japan plummets in press freedom list -- “Almost zero respect for access to information related to Fukushima… Should sound an alarm” -Group

01:41 PM EST on January 30th, 2013 | 15 comments
Journalism Professor: Goebbels would smile in his grave to see how nuclear establishment handled Fukushima disaster (AUDIO)

02:41 PM EST on January 29th, 2013 | 35 comments
Asahi: U.S. gov’t concluded Fukushima disaster “could spread to a global scale”

10:14 PM EST on January 27th, 2013 | 33 comments
Paper: “U.S. military is still keeping quiet about” it -- Women and children ordered to evacuate base 300 kilometers from Fukushima when radiation alarms went off after 3/11

08:42 AM EST on January 26th, 2013 | 54 comments
Tears During UN Presentation: Children trapped in high radiation areas after Fukushima disaster -- Living and going to school with radiation levels of Chernobyl’s mandatory evacuation zone (VIDEO)

01:07 PM EST on January 25th, 2013 | 19 comments
“Death River”: Radiation detector goes over limit in Fukushima City -- 430,000 Bq/kg of cesium (VIDEO)

11:12 AM EST on January 24th, 2013 | 63 comments
Tepco: We are planning to dump water from Fukushima plant into Pacific Ocean

11:28 PM EST on January 22nd, 2013 | 11 comments
Japanese Journalist: “We must know that we are responsible for committing such a huge crime to contaminate the world” (VIDEO)

11:13 AM EST on January 22nd, 2013 | 44 comments
Top Japan Official: Let elderly people “hurry up and die” -Guardian

01:51 PM EST on January 19th, 2013 | 77 comments
Radio: “Continually, radioactive elements are being flushed into the Pacific” -- “The Fukushima accident will never end, they have no idea how to clean it up” -Caldicott (AUDIO)

12:21 PM EST on January 4th, 2013 | 4 comments
Fukushima Workers: We were told to only clean areas around radioactivity measurement sites -- Radiation levels rise after ‘decontamination’

10:11 PM EST on January 2nd, 2013 | 15 comments
Japan sees its largest population drop ever recorded (VIDEO)

07:43 PM EST on January 1st, 2013 | 23 comments
Gundersen: Contamination levels that would be considered radioactive waste in U.S. were ubiquitous on Tokyo streets when I visited -- Niigata’s river sediment loaded with radiation as well (AUDIO)

04:28 PM EST on December 31st, 2012 | 65 comments
Prime Minister: Japan will build more nuke plants

12:29 AM EST on December 31st, 2012 | 73 comments
FOX News: “A Fukushima Fightback” -- US Navy sailors say there was a conspiracy to withhold truth about radiation releases (AUDIO)

05:09 PM EST on December 29th, 2012 | 112 comments
Top Conservative Website: If lawsuit proves true and Tepco lied about radiation to get Americans in there, this is despicable

10:06 AM EST on December 27th, 2012 | 63 comments
“Lifetime of radiation poisoning” for U.S. rescue workers in Japan during 3/11 disaster

12:10 PM EST on December 26th, 2012 | 36 comments
Navy crew members sue Japan over Fukushima cover-up -- “Irreparable harm to life expectancy” -- Gov’t and Tepco conspired

06:40 AM EST on December 22nd, 2012 | 58 comments
AP: People flee Japan nuclear disaster -- Some can’t get away, I feel so sorry for them

04:13 PM EST on December 18th, 2012 | 26 comments
Professor: Japan’s radioactive crops being shipped to cleaner areas and mixed into food supply? (VIDEO)

01:56 PM EST on December 17th, 2012 | 9 comments
WSJ: Use of the Internet was forbidden during Japan’s election campaign -- No tweeting, Facebook, website updates by candidates

12:01 PM EST on December 17th, 2012 | 48 comments
“Shocking”: Officials make it mandatory to use Fukushima rice in school lunches

06:41 PM EST on December 16th, 2012 | 8 comments
NHK Fukushima Documentary: “It’s like being in jail” -- “It’s like we did something wrong and got locked up” (VIDEO)

02:13 AM EST on December 14th, 2012 | 56 comments
BBC: “One of the most contaminated places on Earth” -- Silence is deafening 10 miles from Fukushima plant -- Nuclear power’s lie has been so tragically exposed

11:03 AM EST on December 6th, 2012 | 32 comments
Outrage as AP exposes Japan scientists taking money from nuke industry -- But we usually only fly coach so it’s OK -- Radiation standards ‘twisted’ after 3/11 to limit evacuations

03:43 PM EST on December 4th, 2012 | 32 comments
Journalist: “Purple spots, thyroid anomaly, sudden death… Death rate 1.5 times!” -- “Lots of symptoms with Fukushima kids”

04:32 AM EST on December 3rd, 2012 | 5 comments
Government’s hospital “will not report the truth about the conditions of our health” -Fukushima restaurant owner

10:14 PM EST on December 2nd, 2012 | 19 comments
School Official in Fukushima: Almost every night parents come to our temple crying about kid’s health problems -- My own children are sick and have diseases

11:22 AM EST on November 30th, 2012 | 16 comments
People from Tokyo area report thyroid cysts and nodules -- Japanese doctors laughing at patients (VIDEO)

08:39 AM EST on November 29th, 2012 | 6 comments
Mayor from Fukushima reveals thyroid cysts when overseas -- “He couldn’t mention anything like that in Japan” -- I’m very scared about future (VIDEO)

03:53 PM EST on November 26th, 2012 | 16 comments
Translator Chokes Up: Japanese mother of 2 kids with thyroid cysts says “I couldn’t stop this, I couldn’t save my children this time… but I have to stand up and stop it” (AUDIO)

10:52 AM EST on November 25th, 2012 | 32 comments
350 km from Fukushima: I get very sick when there for 3-4 months -- Had to leave after bleeding form nose -- “There’s a health problem in Shizuoka” (VIDEO)

11:47 PM EST on November 24th, 2012 | 6 comments
Fukushima Journalist at UC Berkeley: Gov’t complained when school tried to remove radioactive material -- “Why you did that? You don’t need to” -- But mothers are standing up (VIDEO)

08:33 AM EST on November 21st, 2012 | 40 comments
Newspaper: Japanese evacuating country because of radiation -- “Passport issuance growing sharply” -- “Increase is attracting attention”
cedec0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 08:26   Link #1750
Nevellin

Holy crap. Reading this really worries me.
Thanks for the update on the Jap situation Cedec0.
Nevellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 00:18   Link #1751
MasterChief_Halo

I'm a novel writer and I'm writing a 10 book series. So far I have written 1500 pages and counting. It's not that easy to write and if you change one part of the series, you have to revert all the way back and re-edit for consistency. It's been two years and I have been writing, altering, deleting, writing, altering, and deleting, so I can understand the delays.

Depending on how you write, it can be unhealthy. I was one of them. Spend most of the time in front of the computer, wikipedia for quick overviews, dozens of tabs on research like Jiraiya travelling around the world for inspiration and so forth. For three months I was writing between 25 to 40 pages a day. I slept for three or four hours. Most people can usually write only 2 pages within three hours for regular college papers...well from where I'm from at least. I sometimes skipped meals, drank 2-3 energy drinks a day, and chain smoked. A lot of writers chain smoke. Is that smart? No, but it helps me stay sane, write, and bring out my imagination. Writing can be unhealthy in which it blurs the line between reality and fantasy. Writers can adopt the personality of the character they're writing.

Writing requires a lot of sitting and thinking. You have to make sure the plot makes sense, what the characters do or say have a purpose, and to make sure that it's something that the readers would like. There's the pressure of writing and editing by a certain deadline, especially if you're contracted. It's a very long process.

Sorry, grammar isn't one of my gifts, but I'm still not giving up on writing. Hopefully the author fights his cancer. Other than writing, my profession deals with diagnosing cancer...and cancer sucks.
MasterChief_Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 14:42   Link #1752
monteiro

Just wondering, but what is the author's twitter? I would love to send a short PM wishing him good health and saying how much i've appreciated his work.
monteiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 17:54   Link #1753
gaiachaos

The info I got from users are not 100% reliable because the author never really disclosed his disease, so he may not have cancer.

I went straight to the source (his tweets). I read his tweets from last year regarding his operation (graphic info) and it looked to me that he had gallstones, which can cause problems with the pancreas (pancreatitis).

This tweet (from last year) summarizes his operation:
http://twitter.com/#!/hirasakayomi/s...21019988307970

I think he's okay ever since. He just needs to watch his diet.
gaiachaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 21:17   Link #1754
WeedIsJustAPlant

I don't care when vol 9 comes out as long as the story is good. Rumors are Yomi-tan is rewriting the volume right now. No need to rush. My ¥609 are always waiting...
WeedIsJustAPlant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 20:16   Link #1755
monteiro

So everything so far was only the prologue. Hell, waiting for volume 9 will be so painful. I wonder if Kodaka will date Sena just to prevent a bad atmosphere in the club, if he will turn her down or if somehow he has feelings for her.
monteiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 03:05   Link #1756
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ok so I just finished the anime and finished reading the manga.

One question since I don't wanna backtrack
Spoiler for Sena:
Old 2013-04-30, 03:10   Link #1757
Sumeragi
Banned

Spoilers
Spoiler for Answer
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 03:31   Link #1758
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Thank you.
Ah! I knew it!
Old 2013-04-30, 17:44   Link #1759
Bearly_Dead

Uhm, question.

Spoiler for Sena:
Bearly_Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 19:27   Link #1760