AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-13, 20:23   Link #241
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Aisia is really getting on my nerves... basically in the last few episodes mainly. Initially I liked her a lot, but the whole 'I want everyone to be happy!' thing is getting annoying now. How naive can that girl be? Every time she questions 'Why?' to herself, and then asserts that 'everyone should be happy with no sad thoughts' I cringe and have to resist the urge to scream at her.

Up to this point I've enjoyed the series, and it was great when Sakura came back (I was like 'yay!', unlike when Nemu returned, when I was like 'Ohnoes!!11' lol), but damn Aisia is really getting me quite frustrated. She seems completely unable to grasp even the most fundamental points of human relationships, and while there are indeed some incredibly naive people in the world, Aisia seriously takes the cake for not just being naive, but also not learning, both from her own experiences and from things other people try to teach her (Sakura being a fine example).

Well, other than Aisia in the last few eps, it's still enjoyable Needs more Yoriko though...
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 20:25   Link #242
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Heh, don't beat on Aisia so much I like her. She's pretty and her voice is really awesome.
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 20:39   Link #243
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I thought she was awesome too, right up to now. If she wasn't so fixated on the whole make everyone happy thing, I'd like her a lot more still. Putting that to one side though, I do like her
Old 2006-02-13, 21:01   Link #244
AnimePlus
Banned

It's not that Aisia isn't cool it's just that the plot is not good.
Old 2006-02-13, 21:13   Link #245
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
I thought she was awesome too, right up to now. If she wasn't so fixated on the whole make everyone happy thing, I'd like her a lot more still. Putting that to one side though, I do like her
From my point of view, one of the biggest problems Aisia faces is that everyone she goes to for advice is so determined to be mysterious and cryptic that they are just begging to be misunderstood at best, and mistrusted at worst. Especially when dealing with someone as stubborn as Aisia has proven herself to be over and over again. It is at least somewhat understandable that those involved might find it painful to discuss what really happened before. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out why at least one of the characters can't think of a simple and direct way to get the message across. How hard would it be to say something like: "Aisia, you cannot make everyone happy if there is only one of something in the whole world, and several people want that one something for their very own in order to be happy."? Then, of course, she would probably run off and come up with an idea for magically cloning Junichi so that every girl could have one. But at least that would be a different approach to the problem ....
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 21:19   Link #246
AnimePlus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
From my point of view, one of the biggest problems Aisia faces is that everyone she goes to for advice is so determined to be mysterious and cryptic that they are just begging to be misunderstood at best, and mistrusted at worst. Especially when dealing with someone as stubborn as Aisia has proven herself to be over and over again. It is at least somewhat understandable that those involved might find it painful to discuss what really happened before. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out why at least one of the characters can't think of a simple and direct way to get the message across. How hard would it be to say something like: "Aisia, you cannot make everyone happy if there is only one of something in the whole world, and several people want that one something for their very own in order to be happy."? Then, of course, she would probably run off and come up with an idea for magically cloning Junichi so that every girl could have one. But at least that would be a different approach to the problem ....
But if you did that there would be no point to the series.
Old 2006-02-13, 21:24   Link #247
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Very true, I'd have to agree that the other characters could also be a bit more helpful to the poor, confused Aisia. Sakura, so far, has been the most direct with her handling of Aisia, but hasn't handled it very well. Telling someone 'Don't do it, it's bad' is a surefire way of getting them even more interested in trying. That seems to be the issue with Aisia: She's naive (very, which considering her upbringing, is understandable to a degree, though she should've learned something by now), and believes that everyone can be 'made' happy, which of course is wrong; you can't make someone happy, they have to make themselves happy (um... I think that kind of makes sense?).

Add a general unwillingness of anyone to tell her anything, and you've got an even more determined to make everyone happy Aisia. She really needs her grandma to educate her on the whole happiness thing, since her grandma obviously knew what she was doing.
Old 2006-02-14, 00:30   Link #248
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Aisia is really getting on my nerves... basically in the last few episodes mainly. Initially I liked her a lot, but the whole 'I want everyone to be happy!' thing is getting annoying now. How naive can that girl be? Every time she questions 'Why?' to herself, and then asserts that 'everyone should be happy with no sad thoughts' I cringe and have to resist the urge to scream at her.
Up to this point I've enjoyed the series, and it was great when Sakura came back (I was like 'yay!', unlike when Nemu returned, when I was like 'Ohnoes!!11' lol), but damn Aisia is really getting me quite frustrated. She seems completely unable to grasp even the most fundamental points of human relationships, and while there are indeed some incredibly naive people in the world, Aisia seriously takes the cake for not just being naive, but also not learning, both from her own experiences and from things other people try to teach her (Sakura being a fine example).
Well, other than Aisia in the last few eps, it's still enjoyable Needs more Yoriko though...
Well, Aisia doesn't exactly seem to have much experience with relationships. Also, about half the time when she's saying, "Everyone should be happy", what she really means is "I want to be happy with Junichi". The real reason this is such a sticking point for her is that she likes him too, and hasn't had the time everyone else has had to grow accustomed to the fact that he likes Nemu. As far as she's concerned, everything's great when she (Aisia) shows up, and then Nemu appears out of the blue to take all of Junichi's attention away. It's not that she doesn't want everyone to be happy, but that she wants everyone (including herself) to be happy. She's incapable of dealing with the fact that the one thing that's out there isn't hers.
Though she is cute, especially when she's pouting. Actually I just noticed that Nemu and Sakura are too, maybe it's because of the little bulge they put on their cheeks whenever they do it.
And not only does it need more Yoriko, but more MOE.
Old 2006-02-14, 09:40   Link #249
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePlus
But if you did that there would be no point to the series.
I know, using a direct approach to the problem would mess up the moral of the story. Since I'm a "Problem identified, fix it now" type of person, situations like this are a little frustrating. But they are entertaining to watch, which is the whole idea after all. I know it isn't going to happen, but I would be interested in seeing the "clone Junichi for each girl" scenario play out. I wonder how many very decent, kind and well-intentioned but seriously lazy and unmotivated guys the island can support at one time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
And not only does it need more Yoriko, but more MOE.
What is needed is Kareha. She could tell Aisia about Shinkai marriage customs.
Old 2006-02-14, 11:36   Link #250
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well, Aisia doesn't exactly seem to have much experience with relationships. Also, about half the time when she's saying, "Everyone should be happy", what she really means is "I want to be happy with Junichi". The real reason this is such a sticking point for her is that she likes him too, and hasn't had the time everyone else has had to grow accustomed to the fact that he likes Nemu. As far as she's concerned, everything's great when she (Aisia) shows up, and then Nemu appears out of the blue to take all of Junichi's attention away. It's not that she doesn't want everyone to be happy, but that she wants everyone (including herself) to be happy. She's incapable of dealing with the fact that the one thing that's out there isn't hers.
I couldn't have put it better myself; well said. There's only one little thing I'd like to add: What (and who), from season one, does that remind you of? Now you see why D.C.S.S. is in every way a sequel to Da Capo; like the name itself implies, it's the same story, taken from the top. And as naive as Aisia is (she's the "foreigner", after all...), you can see that she's just giving voice to the same feelings that the other girls have been holding inside to protect the peace (and Nemu). Now, without spoiling a thing, I'll just say, enjoy the final episodes, and watch as the theme comes full circle. As much as a lot of people don't like the plot of this show, I still say that they sure know how to expound on a theme and tell a story.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 14:51   Link #251
DrewGSR

jeebus, can someone kill Aisia already. So friken annoying, saying the same crap over and over it like wow get over it. Hopefully the last 4 eps isn't like what happened in first season seeing that the tree is looking to be alive again...
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 22:43   Link #252
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
What is needed is Kareha. She could tell Aisia about Shinkai marriage customs.
No, what is needed is more Moe (Though more Kareha could definitely have fixed some of the problems I had with the last arc of Shuffle!). I can still hear Moe sometimes "hajimemashite" with her full breathy, drawn out syllables. I had totally forgotten that Shinsen's new release was my favorite fan-service Moe episode of the second season until I was right at it. There needs to be a spinoff about Moe and Mako with, possibly, Yoriko doing housework.
Old 2006-02-14, 23:12   Link #253
AnimePlus
Banned

You know what, who likes Nemu? Because I don't. I liked her at the beginning of season 1 just because I absolutely love the character designs on DC, but then slowly as I realized her personality I started to hate her. But you know, I knew
Spoiler:
Seriously, if I was Junichi I would go for Aisia... her voice is sooo awesome.
Old 2006-02-14, 23:25   Link #254
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Well, I like Nemu enough that it overcame my entire dislike for the entire fake sister archetype (something 90% of fake imouto's can't do, even well written ones like Kaede in Shuffle!). But she still pales next to the greatness of Moe!
Old 2006-02-14, 23:35   Link #255
Furudanuki

Quote:
No, what is needed is more Moe (Though more Kareha could definitely have fixed some of the problems I had with the last arc of Shuffle!). I can still hear Moe sometimes "hajimemashite" with her full breathy, drawn out syllables. I had totally forgotten that Shinsen's new release was my favorite fan-service Moe episode of the second season until I was right at it. There needs to be a spinoff about Moe and Mako with, possibly, Yoriko doing housework.
LOL! I need to pay more attention to what thread I am commenting in! When I read your post earlier, I thought you meant the series needed more moe~, not that you were referring to more Moe Mizukoshi. That's what I get for jumping here straight from the Binchou-tan thread. And I agree - more Moe would be a very good thing indeed.
Quote:
You know what, who likes Nemu? Because I don't.
I like Nemu. Always have and still do.
Old 2006-02-14, 23:50   Link #256
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
LOL! I need to pay more attention to what thread I am commenting in! When I read your post earlier, I thought you meant the series needed more moe~, not that you were referring to more Moe Mizukoshi. That's what I get for jumping here straight from the Binchou-tan thread. And I agree - more Moe would be a very good thing indeed.
LOL! More Binchou-tan would also be great, but for an entirely different reason!

Binchou-tan plushies FTW!
Old 2006-02-15, 04:24   Link #257
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
You know what, who likes Nemu? Because I don't. I liked her at the beginning of season 1 just because I absolutely love the character designs on DC, but then slowly as I realized her personality I started to hate her. But you know, I knew
Spoiler:
Seriously, if I was Junichi I would go for Aisia... her voice is sooo awesome.
Yay, another one of us!

Yep, too selfish, dramatic and hotheaded for my taste. But to each his own.

I just think Jyunichi, at least in his anime incarnation, is not really suited for her, even if they love each other so much. She needs a strong guy who can make her feel more secure next to her, and anime Jyunichi isn't really that kind of guy.
Old 2006-02-15, 07:33   Link #258
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I like Nemu. Always have and still do.
I can't find anyone in the Da Capo world that i do dislike, and Nemu's far from being hated.

I do agree though that She's not the perfect match for Asakura, really the only girl i could see him being with is Sakura. I'm not just saying that 'cause i'm a huge Sakura fan and all - its just you can see the two characters clicking together.. and its something i don't see with Nemu, even if She does love him to bits.
Old 2006-02-15, 18:48   Link #259
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I can't find anyone in the Da Capo world that i do dislike, and Nemu's far from being hated.

I do agree though that She's not the perfect match for Asakura, really the only girl i could see him being with is Sakura. I'm not just saying that 'cause i'm a huge Sakura fan and all - its just you can see the two characters clicking together.. and its something i don't see with Nemu, even if She does love him to bits.
I personally like Nemu, and I thought she should end up with Junichi, because, especially in season 1, they had the better "moments" together where you could actually see something coming from both characters (as opposed to the mostly one-sided affection the other characters faced). Granted, DC:SS, other than the Nemu-returns arc, never really showed the relationship the same way as the first season. That probably had to do with the focus being on Aisia in DC:SS, and the fact that their relationship was simply on a different level, beyond some of the awkward steps in season 1. Sure, I also find the fake sister thing annoying on principle, because it tends to feel too convenient (which is why I liked Shuffle for avoiding that), but if the writing is consistent such that the characters are true to themselves, I live with it.

But.. maybe it's just me, but of all the girls, I never really saw Sakura and Junichi clicking much at all, and never remotely saw them as a possibility, especially in the first season. However, they are definitely getting along a lot better in DC:SS such that the possibility might be a lot more legitimate, but I wonder if that's because Nemu is fine now, that Junichi is also more relaxed...

Character wise, I found Miharu was my favorite, particularly in DC:SS, but I would never want Junichi and her to get together. She deserves better.
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 18:56   Link #260
Killermaster

Quote:

Actually i think Aisia is really awesome doing what she believes in with all her power. (and I agree about her voice being very fitting)
I really believe that she wanted everyone to be happy and not just herself.
When she saw that everyone was happy she just wanted to join in , its not like she wanted Junichi for herself right away. Kinda had that sorta feeling.
That said, I know she just says the same thing over, thats because she doesn't know the past yet. You can't blame her on that.
I for one admire her will to accomplish the things she believes in.

and damn that last piece of the last episode ruled !

Last edited by Killermaster; 2006-02-15 at 19:07.
Killermaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen