Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-04, 16:28   Link #301
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
huh?
It was a sarcastic way of saying that I was in awe of the level of emotion you displayed. Not a big deal so don't worry about it. It was meant to make you laugh but if you never heard that saying before than it was a wasted effort on my part.
Old 2007-12-04, 17:13   Link #302
TigerII
Pilot in Training

My University doesn't have anything like an anime or manga club. They did however, have a fishing club, which is one of my other hobbies
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 17:22   Link #303
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
My University doesn't have anything like an anime or manga club. They did however, have a fishing club, which is one of my other hobbies
funny, i also like fishing, mainly because i love eating fish, but my uni didn't even have that.

wish i went to one of those southern and more popular universities.......
Old 2007-12-04, 17:24   Link #304
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

YES!
Spoiler for Episode 10 preview:
Old 2007-12-04, 17:42   Link #305
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
On another note, i hope episode 09 starts to kick off the ....................
The anime hasn't even hinted on this.

Can we please leave the manga spoilers in the manga thread. >_< ! (Or at the very least, inside spoiler tags!)
Old 2007-12-04, 17:56   Link #306
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

woops, sorry .corrected now.

but you do know that it just makes people want to know, but then again it does give people a plausible deniability.......
Old 2007-12-04, 18:26   Link #307
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
woops, sorry .corrected now.

but you do know that it just makes people want to know, but then again it does give people a plausible deniability.......
I apologize as well.

I am usually not very picky in that regard, but with the end of the season just around the corner, I suddenly feel like posting a reminder of sorts to all manga readers out there. >_< !
Old 2007-12-04, 19:05   Link #308
SnEptUne

Quote:
Well, does the anime club have any female members? Too be honest, if it's going to be full of male members that's going to happen....

It happens in Japanese Anime clubs, except it's less blaze, and id generally diluted with female membership.

Seriously, i envy you have one, I remember in my final year of uni, determined to find out if i can start a club, only to discover i can't because there was an "anime society" but the last "president" left six years ago, and it's a ghost club, taking up resources, and i can't join it without contacting them, and they can't dissolve it because they can't find the paperwork and...well you get the point.....

anyway, i say join it, you can't change something if you don't jump in yourself.

Do your American "revolution" thing that your so good at it, just try not to get too much blood all over the walls while your at it.

But the point is, you got a chance, do it in the spirit of the Genshiken can!

You can still be saved!
I tried joining over the last two years, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It seems to be male only and the stuff they put on display are all anime girls. O_O;

Most of the series they watch does not interest me, and I doubt anyone in the club would understand me nor would I understand them. I doubt they watched Princess Tutu, Glass Mask, or Emily of New Moon.
SnEptUne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 19:25   Link #309
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, that's to be expected I suppose...

Certain moe-inspired works are made to pander to certain types of fans, for better or for worse. (I can certainly relate to Sasahara about the imouto thing. heh.) But with that notion, also comes the idea that fans are a varied lot. I tried joining a club before too, but I just couldn't mix in with them. Either they were too nerdy for my tastes, or our tastes just differed completely. Whatever the reason, I ended up not joining. I find talking to few friends who have similar hobbies as I to be more rewarding.

On another note, at this point it seems that anime/manga/gaming fandom has diverged into separate subcultures: Otaku and Fujoshi. Try putting a Gundam otaku and a Gundam fujoshi in one room and watch the sparks fly.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 03:13   Link #310
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
I tried joining over the last two years, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It seems to be male only and the stuff they put on display are all anime girls. O_O;

Most of the series they watch does not interest me, and I doubt anyone in the club would understand me nor would I understand them. I doubt they watched Princess Tutu, Glass Mask, or Emily of New Moon.
heh. assumption is the mother of all mistakes.....

If you have never spoken to them, don't be so rash to stereotype and assume things.

Besides they can't be watching anime ALL the time, they must have discussions and such, your there to meet people you can actually talk with, and otaku's like to talk about animes, no matter what they are.....

but hey, there's always plan B, just go set up your own "Genshiken"!!

just try not to fill it up with your own like minded people, or you'll end up just like the anime club, and having people not join, just because it "seems" like its not for them.....
Old 2007-12-05, 03:51   Link #311
deffusse
otaku[SK]

they can't reach the manga plot in this season, there'll be definitely another OAV compilation after the second season... so I'm happy
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 04:21   Link #312
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
they can't reach the manga plot in this season, there'll be definitely another OAV compilation after the second season... so I'm happy
well you better hope its popular enough that there would be an ova release, because if they don't get enough rating they won't finish the story!

plus even if it does need more episodes, it could take ages because animation companies stack up work, and any new genshiken will just have to join the queue, could take forever to do.....
Old 2007-12-05, 04:53   Link #313
deffusse
otaku[SK]

oukey, understood, but if genshiken have not been so popular, there won't be any OAV[2006], and Genshiken2[2007] after Genshiken[2004] in the past.... I strongly hope for what you have mentioned I should hope for. Yes it could take ages/years, but maybe there's possibility, they have already scheduled it. I apologize for my english
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 07:15   Link #314
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
Glass Mask, or Emily of New Moon.
I know what you're saying but, I'm a dude and I like those anime you seem to dislike, but I've also watched those you mention above. Maybe I'm wierd.
Old 2007-12-05, 07:19   Link #315
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post

heh. assumption is the mother of all mistakes.....

If you have never spoken to them, don't be so rash to stereotype and assume things.

Besides they can't be watching anime ALL the time, they must have discussions and such, your there to meet people you can actually talk with, and otaku's like to talk about animes, no matter what they are.....

but hey, there's always plan B, just go set up your own "Genshiken"!!

just try not to fill it up with your own like minded people, or you'll end up just like the anime club, and having people not join, just because it "seems" like its not for them.....
Yeah, remember that the Genshiken members all could have become or were previously members of other clubs (manga, anime, etc.) they all ended up in Genshiken (which is a sort of catch-all club). You may have to do some creative things to make it different enough from the anime club to get approval for it though.

Or you can do plan C which is take over a defunct (literary) club and make it into a "do whatever you like" brigade.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 11:38   Link #316
SnEptUne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine-Tails-Nin View Post
I know what you're saying but, I'm a dude and I like those anime you seem to dislike, but I've also watched those you mention above. Maybe I'm wierd.
I don't think you are weird at all. Quite the contrary. However, it is sad that stereotypical males would prefer more action oriented shows with less literary values. Even in manga, shonen genre are often not very thought provoking compared to shoujo genre where there is no "villian" or bad people.

If only the males in my family could grow up and stop thinking certain people are "bad".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
Yeah, remember that the Genshiken members all could have become or were previously members of other clubs (manga, anime, etc.) they all ended up in Genshiken (which is a sort of catch-all club). You may have to do some creative things to make it different enough from the anime club to get approval for it though.

Or you can do plan C which is take over a defunct (literary) club and make it into a "do whatever you like" brigade.
Being in the senior year now, I don't think I would have time to start a club. On the other hand, joining one is fine as long as I am not obligated to attend the club meetings.
SnEptUne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 11:56   Link #317
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Start up a club to study spiders. That seems easy enough, lol.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 14:14   Link #318
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 9 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 15:12   Link #319
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 9 ~
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2007-12-05, 21:37   Link #320
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Ep9.....

All of Keiko's (Sasahara's sister) roles and lines were taken away by Kucchi.....
Ok, yet ANOTHER reason why I wanna murder Kuchiki.

Keiko-chan was one of my favorite character.
It looks like her existence is completely eliminated, and taken place by Kucchi....

Spoiler:

Last edited by aohige; 2007-12-05 at 21:48.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arms, comedy, romance, seinen, slice of life