AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-12, 13:29   Link #3001
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Lots of people won't stop reading this, some because they always read manga to the end, some because they don't care about Eba at all, and some because they like such plots. But I'm sure a lots of people will stop reading it, or at least will put this manga into "hiatus". Like me, for example, I'm not reading KNIM since "Tokyo trip", just lurking on forum and checking spoilers. Mostly because I expected a plot twist like this (I was expecting NTR elements in this manga, not the exact plot).

You should compare current development to REC manga and chapter 24 (I think), in which female protagonist suddenly cheated on male protagonist. Lots of people were pissed not because she cheated, but because she was not punished (I think, I've dropped REC around chapter 30), nor she has shown any sign of guilt. Many people dropped REC after that chapter, but some people are still reading it, because it's still ongoing.

IMHO Eba has 4-6 chapters to redeem herself, or lots of people will really start to drop this manga.
I completely agree with you. The fact that even supporters and defenders of Eba are stepping up shows a large discontent with her character. I would feel better if Haruto showed signs of trying to move on and got involved with someone else. This is still a possibility. However, there is no doubt that this is going to affect his friendship with Kazama and it should. If Seo decides to just skip out on this fact i think it will further infuriate readers.

If i were Haruto i personally could not be around Kazma nor could i be friends with him for a while. I would need some space to gather my thoughts and sort through this mess. Im hoping to see some deep reflection on Harutos part. I dont mean self loathing or emo i means serious thinking about where he wants to go from here. Going home is not an option right now hes going to have to make the best of what hes got.
Old 2010-05-12, 13:43   Link #3002
Soviet

This is not NTR, Jesus Christ. There is no cheating going on.

That said, Eba's behavior in this Chapter is so incredibly disgusting that Seo has written himself into a dead end. There will be a reason given as to why she acts the way she does but it just won't do. Another Seo- manga in which the male lead ends up with a bitch. Seo Kuji sure has some issues.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 13:44   Link #3003
moeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
If i were Haruto i personally could not be around Kazma nor could i be friends with him for a while. I would need some space to gather my thoughts and sort through this mess. Im hoping to see some deep reflection on Harutos part. I dont mean self loathing or emo i means serious thinking about where he wants to go from here. Going home is not an option right now hes going to have to make the best of what hes got.
I agree Sinestra, this is what I want to see. Besides women don't like men who pine after them. Women like men who have their shit together. Unfortunately Haruto just doesn't have that at the moment. He needs to grow up, and act more decisive and manly. Haruto can't be pushover forever. I want Haruto to stand up for himself and get some self respect. I will let the manga sit on the shelf for a couple months to see if Haruto outlook changes.
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 14:21   Link #3004
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's Rin in disguise...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 14:38   Link #3005
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
It's Rin in disguise...
Even Rin won't stoop that low...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 14:47   Link #3006
cyberdemon

i think i might have an idea on what Kazama's illness is. It's possible it's a potassium deficiency. Not necessarily deadly but can be dangerous if left unchecked. His eating a banana at the beginning of the chapter might have been a clue since it's a great thing to eat in this case.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 15:07   Link #3007
Shadow5YA

A potassium deficiency isn't crippling enough to prevent someone from becoming a professional racer. It's a form of malnutrition that can be easily corrected. Eating a banana doesn't really give much insight on his disease, because a banana can be served under plenty of normal circumstances.

Even if Kazama is the boyfriend, I doubt Haruto will stay angry at him (or Eba, for that matter). He'll probably be the one to tell Haruto my theory that Eba's with him because she feels guilty that he's going to die so soon. Besides, I doubt Kazama's going to be so clingy to Eba when he said he'd support Haruto, no matter what decision he makes. It's just a test for Haruto to bring back Eba.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 15:19   Link #3008
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Why the hell is everyone so mad at Eba? It's the most obvious thing in the world that she is doing this because she feels sorry for the guy. :/
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 15:41   Link #3009
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Why the hell is everyone so mad at Eba? It's the most obvious thing in the world that she is doing this because she feels sorry for the guy. :/
better take cover...
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 15:51   Link #3010
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Hence the hate, she broke off her realationship with Haruto in such a manner that would garner dislike from alot of people and also not fair on Kazuma also cause she's doing it cause she feels sorry for him or out of pity.
Well I guess some guys may be ok with such thing, since they would probably be content to just get "some" but I don't see that being the case here.

If I was Haurto I would have just went
"Oh hey Eba, what you doing here? ehh Kazuma is boyfriend?!
He's a great guy, you better keep a hold of him"
Oh yea Kazuma, Eba was the girl I was talking about, she dumped me to go out with a guy that confessed to her, that dumped her back in middle school and cause she feels sorry for him, who would have thought it was you!"
"Oh Eba you should have said so back when I came to see you, would have saved me alot of trouble moving here...oh well guess I'll go back and have some hawt sex with Onee-chan, later"(I really have no idea why I'm so after that pairing)

Well guess this way is probably the more interesting route altho would be pretty interesting also to see Haruto to go off the deep end
Old 2010-05-12, 17:05   Link #3011
chinamen

Well looks like its time to go back to Hiroshima, hook up with Nanami, Akari and maybe take Nagoshi with you, have your own harem and have tons of babies. hehe

or

Buy a bicycle and make a soul-searching tour of Japan. and coincidentally meet the girl from the part-time job and have tons of babies.
chinamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 17:17   Link #3012
Nosauz

seriously i think i'm just going to stop caring, this is just really shojou esque, and I don't read shoujo's for the most part because their just too fickle, and this kazama thing is proof in the pudding.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 17:35   Link #3013
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Spoiler for Chapter:

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2010-05-12 at 17:45.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 18:25   Link #3014
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Im not lobbing a grenade at you so you dont have to take cover lol BUT...

I dont know about you but i dont like people who crush others for the sake of another person by not being honest and causing a bigger mess than what would have been if you would have just told the truth. Lots of readers think Haruto is the one without a spine i actually think its Eba is the one with a spine nor a thought in her head. At least Haurto had balls enough (even when everyone said he was crazy) to go to Tokyo leaving his friends and family in his senior year to get things straight. What has Eba ever done for Haruto?

Know what would make me happy. If Akari came to visit Haruto in Tokyo and while out wandering they run into Eba and Akari whoops dat ass right in front of her friends. Nanami couldnt do something like that but Akari could Falcon punch all her make up off.
Old 2010-05-12, 18:38   Link #3015
moeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im not lobbing a grenade at you so you dont have to take cover lol BUT...

I dont know about you but i dont like people who crush others for the sake of another person by not being honest and causing a bigger mess than what would have been if you would have just told the truth. Lots of readers think Haruto is the one without a spine i actually think its Eba is the one with a spine nor a thought in her head. At least Haurto had balls enough (even when everyone said he was crazy) to go to Tokyo leaving his friends and family in his senior year to get things straight. What has Eba ever done for Haruto?

Know what would make me happy. If Akari came to visit Haruto in Tokyo and while out wandering they run into Eba and Akari whoops dat ass right in front of her friends. Nanami couldnt do something like that but Akari could Falcon punch all her make up off.
I don't want Akari pretty little hands get hurt on a no good beotch like Eba.
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 19:01   Link #3016
Arturro

IMO it's obvious that Eba truly loves Kazama. Not out of pity - she loves him because he is someone dear to her. Eba does not love Haruto. I never believed that Eba loves Haruto, but because I'm not her fan and because she is female protagonist of shounen romance (and by "rules" of shounen romance she is bound to love male protagonist) I was thinking that I'm wrong, and she might love Haruto.
Haruto was her saviour. A guy from her dreams, the only person who cares about her when everybody (her family) abandoned her. She was in love with hero, someone who could protect her. Haruto has a hero complex so he gladly became her knight in shining armour. As soon as her relation with family improved a hero was no longer needed. So her "love" for a hero disappeared.
I don't think she deliberately lied about her love for Haruto, she deceived herself as well as other. Now she is truthful to herself and she is devoting herself for her true love - Kazama.

BTW - I don't remember Rin ever lying. All her actions and words are implying that Eba was going out with Kazama, while, technically, she still was Haruto GF. Eba was cheating on Kazama almost as soon as she was out of his sight. I know it's not a NTR manga, cause there is no sexual intercourse, but IMO it's as close to NTR as sounen romance could be (please lets' not talk about GE).

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 19:29   Link #3017
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
IMO it's obvious that Eba truly loves Kazama. Not out of pity - she loves him because he is someone dear to her. Eba does not love Haruto. I never believed that Eba loves Haruto, but because I'm not her fan and because she is female protagonist of shounen romance (and by "rules" of shounen romance she is bound to love male protagonist) I was thinking that I'm wrong, and she might love Haruto.
Haruto was her saviour. A guy from her dreams, the only person who cares about her when everybody (her family) abandoned her. She was in love with hero, someone who could protect her. Haruto has a hero complex so he gladly became her knight in shining armour. As soon as her relation with family improved a hero was no longer needed. So her "love" for a hero disappeared.
I don't think she deliberately lied about her love for Haruto, she deceived herself as well as other. Now she is truthful to herself and she is devoting herself for her true love - Kazama.

BTW - I don't remember Rin ever lying. All her actions and words are implying that Eba was going out with Kazama, while, technically, she still was Haruto GF. Eba was cheating on Kazama almost as soon as she was out of his sight. I know it's not a NTR manga, cause there is no sexual intercourse, but IMO it's as close to NTR as sounen romance could be (please lets' not talk about GE).
You're overreacting. Her love for Haruto is/was probably genuine. But right now, she's failing spectacularly at being a decent human being. There can be no excuse for the shit she pulled in ch.89. None. The best thing Haruto can do right now is to distance himself from her, grow some balls and find happiness somewhere else. This just can't be worth it.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 19:48   Link #3018
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
she also could have been trying to use Kazama to try and get over Haruto. but if this is the case its a pretty whorish move on her part. im still hoping that Eba can somehow redeem herself
I doubt this is her reason. Eba is not evil... She is just kind of stupid, apparently (If she is indeed acting like Kazama's girl)
We still don't know what her reason is but it's probably a stupid one... well at least it will be funny when the whole thing comes crashing down on her head.

And btw, @everyone in this thread: Calm the F*ck down! It's not the end of the world... It's just the end of this manga...for some of us

I will keep on reading KNIM tho.. At least till the end of this arc. And if Haruto and Eba get back together, then I will give up.
Old 2010-05-12, 20:17   Link #3019
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
I doubt this is her reason. Eba is not evil... She is just kind of stupid, apparently (If she is indeed acting like Kazama's girl)
We still don't know what her reason is but it's probably a stupid one... well at least it will be funny when the whole thing comes crashing down on her head.

And btw, @everyone in this thread: Calm the F*ck down! It's not the end of the world... It's just the end of this manga...for some of us

I will keep on reading KNIM tho.. At least till the end of this arc. And if Haruto and Eba get back together, then I will give up.
What will You do then if Arturro is right that Eba doesn't love Haruto.
I myself read KNIM as a filler manga, just few days ago I came back from hiatus to it, yet it seems that when I came back Seo wanted to make some hard plot moves.
Seriously I'm in "haruto should move on" faction now. But its Seo manga and as I can base my experience on suzuka which was a quite long manga, he won't move on or atleast not for good. I even stoped reading suzuka near the end, to just get
to know the ending from animesuki forums. Which was retarded imo.
Seriously Anyone know any good romance manga such as
-Video Girl Ai (Anime made me go into manga world as it only covered lke 30% of source material)
- Ichigo 100% (even though it wasn't the best plot romance ever its still few levels above seo works)
-Some other romances such as Love Hina and few less known which I wont bring here atm.
I would really read some nice romance manga to add some flavour to my other more "manly" series, but its really hard to find any good romance, with possible good artork (as I know the 70's had nice plot such as Kimagure Orange Road, even though artowrk style wasn't its best point, atleast now in modern drawing style).
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 20:20   Link #3020
ZeKeR
Superbad

now i wonder how haruto will do now..... seeing as he came all the way to tokyo for nothing.... man i lost faith at eba..... this is just pure selfishness at work... god.... she does not even know how many glasses she already broke... this is just so wrong.... nobody should get that treatment.....

if she wont explain her damn reasons for being selfish.... this manga is as good as dud.... seo really lost it here..... i know he has a high tolerance of drama buildup, but this thing just overflows the cup..... so whats next then? he then has a fling relationship with some other girl? has a short relationship with another? god damn it seo! what the hell are you trying to prove to eba here? haruto is already shattered yet you still let him cling to that selfish girl! i dont give shit about her selfish excuses... but if she doesnt explain it CLEARLY fast, a lot of people are gonna throw this to the bin
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life