AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-19, 17:05   Link #441
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

But if it wasn't Miyano how else would I have Nobunaga GINGA BISHOUNEN?!

Still, at the end of the day it doesn't really bug me because the series is also dealing with a much younger Nobunaga than the one that's usually portrayed in media stuff.

Anyway, good episode! Definitely my favourite so far, and even though this isn't a "full" Kawamori show, it's definitely trying hard to emulate how over the top his stuff usually is. Cracked up with Nobunaga shooting down the mechas with a simple bow, as well as that bit where Jeanne draws a card and both her and Sugita just repeat "MINDLESS VIOLENCE?!" while the camera dramatically zooms in into their faces, haha.

Oh, and lost it when Himiko tricked Nobunaga, too. If I had to say, that pendant Jeanne seems to be holding is quite similar to the "Regalia" that Himiko gave Nobunaga, so for now I'll just think that you need to take the girl as your wife in order to activate their powers because it's the funniest alternative, lol.

Overall, still as clueless about the overall plot as I was a few weeks ago, but tons of fun and no dead moments, so I thoroughly enjoyed this one.
Old 2014-01-19, 17:17   Link #442
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
But if it wasn't Miyano how else would I have Nobunaga GINGA BISHOUNEN?!
Well, at least he has the moves... XDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Cracked up with Nobunaga shooting down the mechas with a simple bow, as well as that bit where Jeanne draws a card and both her and Sugita just repeat "MINDLESS VIOLENCE?!" while the camera dramatically zooms in into their faces, haha.
Yeah, that was hilarious, although in the shooting scene I was distracted by the fact that the dragonhorses apparently have handlebars growing out of their necks. ........wow. Mother Nature really thinks of everything.

As for the plot, what with the show being 2 cours I'm not in any particular hurry for seeing it - the characters being crazy is enough for me so far.

But Nobu defeating Shingen and his awesome mecha is still NO FAIR.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 17:22   Link #443
Darthtabby

This episode was a bit of a mess, and I have to say I think Nobunaga took down those grunt mechs waaaaay too easily. Its ridiculous to claim someone's wasting ammo when they're taking down an enemy mech with every shot. Maybe they should have had him do rapid fire and hit armor most of the time, with just a few arrows slipping through gaps and taking out pilots. That way he could seem badass without being totally OP, and Jeanne's criticism would have seemed more legitimate.

All that being said, I've really been enjoying this show so far and find myself wanting more of it, so it must be doing something right.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 17:24   Link #444
BW95
Banned

Arthur confirmed to be a douche. Saw it coming for a while now. I mean, what sort of righteous king would wear that clown getup? Nobunaga turns out to be an even bigger fool than anticipated as he falls for Himiko's trap.

Last edited by BW95; 2014-01-19 at 17:51.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 17:30   Link #445
ReddyRedWolf

Himiko pulled all that off so she can get Nobunaga as her husband. LOL

Ameno Torifune this is second anime I've seen with that mythological ship.

Jeanne has a past reincarnation trauma of fire.

Yeah I feel that Nobunaga has second set of Regalia with Jeanne's pendant. As it is similar to Himiko's.

If Himiko is the wife then Jeanne can be Nobunaga's mistress.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 17:58   Link #446
waffler

ugh i dont really like himiko, it would be hilarious if nobunaga creates the bond by marrying off his littler brother to himiko LOL
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 18:27   Link #447
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The design of Takeda's grunt mechs is just terrible, why would you leave the pilot completely unprotected? You know, the whole point of an amor is to protect the one who wears it.

The episode was okay, but the show still lacks the epic feel this kind of story is supposed to have. This might partly be the fault of the music. The soundtrack's been pretty unremarkable so far. Takeda and Nobunaga's big fight would have definitely been more exciting with better music. As it was, it was rather unimpressive. Takeda's mech looked mighty cool though.

The regalias seem cool. I wonder if you can use several of them at once or combine. Jeanne obviously has one, will she use it for herself or will she lend it to Nobu? I'd like the former better. I want her to be more than a walking pair of tits (that are now binded, so she's useless!!).
Old 2014-01-19, 18:40   Link #448
bones

I guess this explains why Himiko's regalia was front and center in the OP. So Jeanne has one and Takeda another. Guessing that Nobunaga's sister has one which just leaves the last one unaccounted for.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 18:45   Link #449
kuromitsu

^If Shingen has one Kenshin has to have one, too.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 18:53   Link #450
Tenzen12

I wonder in which direction it will go. As I can see it Nobu will either collect all Shinku and then fight WS or unite all owners on ES under his flag do same.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 19:01   Link #451
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

It such a fan disservice for hiding these delicious pair of melon...
Old 2014-01-19, 19:16   Link #452
Nvis
Where are the good animes

He is not The Fool, he is The GAR!

I liked how he saved the damsel in distress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
It such a fan disservice for hiding these delicious pair of melon...
This.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 19:27   Link #453
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
ok , this episode was a complete mess. Especially the part where they kill the pilots with arrows, why the hell you desigh the mechas like that!! And why the hell you would send people to fight mechas with swords when you can kill tens of pilots with just a bow and a few arrows/ a sniper gun. Even if they are not as good as nobunaga i think that 10 people with arrow could at least easily kill the pilots if they focus fire . ANd then that little trench to defend the castle against mecha...... ANd they call Nobunaga The Fool?(well yeah he was fooled in marriage but that was inevitable)
Worst design flaw ever. Also, fairly useless as they probably can't actually see much with that limited PoV anyways, so they'd need targeting systems and other types of feed back (like what the super mechs have).

Again, Jeanne is almost useless this episode. Almost because she did manage to save those 3 kids, although get herself trapped in the process. Why did they even choose to pick Joan of Arc if all they do is make her a damsel who doesn't know what to believe in. It's like the only historical female character they know about that's not from Japan is Joan of Arc or something.

The super mech designs are pretty cool though, especially the red one that showed up in episode 3. The Fool looks like he'll have a few more upgrades to go through though.

If Himiko didn't show up at the end I'd probably drop this. She's by far the most interesting character in this series. I hope she doesn't just get relegated to a side role and cameos after this.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 19:50   Link #454
@GEMC

are they going to divide the anime episodes into two?
@GEMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 20:36   Link #455
ReddyRedWolf

Given that Jeanne's visions I get the feeling eventually a point where she'll question Nobunaga if he wants her or her power.

The same thing Hitomi and Van went through.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 20:37   Link #456
apotheosis
Shinigami

The varying power levels from grunts with swords to mech to "super mech" are just crazy in this anime. If I can manage to suspend all that disbelief (why would they even bother with foot soldiers with swords vs mechs), it seemed like an amusing romp otherwise.
apotheosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 21:30   Link #457
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
ok , this episode was a complete mess. Especially the part where they kill the pilots with arrows, why the hell you desigh the mechas like that!! And why the hell you would send people to fight mechas with swords when you can kill tens of pilots with just a bow and a few arrows/ a sniper gun. Even if they are not as good as nobunaga i think that 10 people with arrow could at least easily kill the pilots if they focus fire . ANd then that little trench to defend the castle against mecha...... ANd they call Nobunaga The Fool?(well yeah he was fooled in marriage but that was inevitable)
Maybe they can't afford to waste resources on computer screens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Worst design flaw ever. Also, fairly useless as they probably can't actually see much with that limited PoV anyways, so they'd need targeting systems and other types of feed back (like what the super mechs have).

Again, Jeanne is almost useless this episode. Almost because she did manage to save those 3 kids, although get herself trapped in the process. Why did they even choose to pick Joan of Arc if all they do is make her a damsel who doesn't know what to believe in. It's like the only historical female character they know about that's not from Japan is Joan of Arc or something.

The super mech designs are pretty cool though, especially the red one that showed up in episode 3. The Fool looks like he'll have a few more upgrades to go through though.

If Himiko didn't show up at the end I'd probably drop this. She's by far the most interesting character in this series. I hope she doesn't just get relegated to a side role and cameos after this.
I wonder how sharp her female intuition is? Will she discover Ranmaru's sexuality at first glance?

Q-viers spotted. Hope they die painfully.
Old 2014-01-19, 21:41   Link #458
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Awww man................................Jeanne really will be useless won't she? It was a cool move for saving those kids but then she gets trapped by a fear of fire.

I get the feeling that Nobu will wind up winning everything just because. Goddamn Miyano is camping this up SOOOOOOOOOO much

Best part though was when Himeko trapped Nobu into marrying her. Nobu has a loli as a wifey....

and HA I KNEW IT. Mitsu has the hots for the sister.
Old 2014-01-19, 21:45   Link #459
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Awww man................................Jeanne really will be useless won't she? It was a cool move for saving those kids but then she gets trapped by a fear of fire.

I get the feeling that Nobu will wind up winning everything just because. Goddamn Miyano is camping this up SOOOOOOOOOO much

Best part though was when Himeko trapped Nobu into marrying her. Nobu has a loli as a wifey....

and HA I KNEW IT. Mitsu has the hots for the sister.
Himiko's not a loli. As for Ichi, was this still the time when incest was ok? Judging by the preview, I'm guessing they're having the marriage ceremony next episode. Hopefully, the fool will find some way out of it.
Old 2014-01-19, 21:48   Link #460
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Himiko's not a loli. As for Ichi, was this still the time when incest was ok? Judging by the preview, I'm guessing they're having the marriage ceremony next episode. Hopefully, the fool will find some way out of it.
I took it to mean that the ceremony with Himeko and Nobu is next episode?

Tags
bishonen, mecha